1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy (High, low) Sci-Fi, Romance, action, Cyberpunk, Thriller, Spy, Mafia, Comedy.
Okay, I would like to start off by saying 'yes' there is already going to be a Dragon Age 4 called 'The Dread Wolf Rises'. It's not much of a trailer. So, I have, in my infinite wisdom, taken it upon myself to make my own iteration of Dragon Age 4. Dragon Age Inquisition, for me, was the best Dragon Age. Some will say it was Origins others Dragon Age II. But, for me, the scenic harmony, the visuals, characters, and story all make it what it is. By no means a masterpiece, it still holds an incredible place in my heart, as I have played it many times. Dragon Age: Inquisition.

I'd love to do another DA rp but I'm not seeing any ideas, rules, or suggestions from you.

@Kat

This roleplay will primarily be in the Tevinter Imperium at first, though by no means will it be the only place we will be visiting. My character Tiberius is the adoptive son and heir of Radonis, the Archon that is mentioned in Inquisition. He is of the 'Laeten' Class, the second highest social rank in the Tevinter Imperium. The reason this is important is that his distant ancestor, Tidarion was also of the Laeten Class. Tidarion was the first Laeten to become an Archon, and it was because of his lowborn mage status that the Magisterium, at that time, refused to accept Tidarion and started a civil war that lasted over seventy years because they believed that magic was the favor of the Old Gods and not of an accidental birth. It would seem history intends to repeat itself.

Before his coronation as official Archon Tiberius Planasene, under the tutelage of one Dorian Pauvus, runs away to come to terms with the pressures of ruling a nation like Tevinter. In his attempt to shirk his duties, he runs into several individuals, each one succumbing to his tricks and hijinx, becoming a wanted criminal who is thought to have kidnapped the would-be Archon. Meanwhile, they soon form a band of mercenaries who roam the lands, taking on jobs and responsibilities all the while Dorian keeps in contact with Tiberius using a magic communication crystal. This allows him to keep well informed about situations arising across the country as well as avoid patrols on the lookout for Tiberius and his friends. It'll also be a plot device for when they start finding more about Solas and his objectives as well as where the Elves across Thedas are disappearing to.

Once they have a complete a complete understanding of what he intends to do--tear down the veil causing a cataclysm that will likely kill countless people--Tiberius finally accepts the Archon position and ceases hostilities with the Qunari who he then invites to talks about a temporary peace in light of a unifying force to prevent a worldwide catastrophe. The Qunari and Tevinter then join forces to stop Solas.

[It has been 5 years since the events of Dragon Age: Inquisition. The once Inquisitor has since passed away due to the anchor's lingering effects on their body having took its toll. Even mighty heroes, in the end, are but mere mortals that can pass away in their sleep. Though it came as no surprise, it deeply saddened the collective group of friends and acquaintances. Known to be a hero, known to be a prankster, and witty--the Inquisitor embodied all that each companion was missing and showed them the way to fulfilling their destinies as the Inquisitor fulfilled their own.

For Cassandra, it was rectifying the wrong the Order of the Seekers into the noble aspirations it once had been created for. For Cullen, it was the belief that Lyrium was not the only way to serve as a Templar for the Chantry. For The Iron Bull, it was a chance to realize that blind obedience to doctrine and individuality was just that little bit more to be 'knocked off' so a clear view of who he was and what he was meant to do with his life rather as a Tal Vashoth or the Qunari he wanted to be. Cole found himself to be a spirit of compassion, able to bring aid to those suffering and in need. Solas and Varric found a great friend in the Inquisitor, and he held onto the hope that he would see Solas returned to being Solas, not Fen'Harel. As for Leliana, he helped her find salvation and let go of who she thought she should be--and become who she was meant to be--Divine Victoria. Justinia's successor.

As for the witty and flamboyant Dorian, he'd returned home and took over his father's place in the magisterium. Ever the intelligent and well-informed, he routed out his father's conspirators and killed them--quietly of course. But his dealings lead him to ever greater heights and he found himself an advisor to the Archon himself. When the Archon declared Tiberius as his heir, he supported him and even set about teaching the growing boy how to be a proper mage. But little did he know that the Dreamer Tiberius was truly gifted, nor could he fathom the extent to which he was. For Tiberius had the spirit of one of the Old gods; Lusacan the Dragon of the Night.

Last edited:
@Daemon I'm sorry, I can't read your text. I'm on midnight background.

@Daemon Lovely background! Much better. So, I see you have a clear of what you're wanting for your character, some of his backstory, and somewhat an idea of the plot (and your character's plot) so to speak, but I want to get some clarification on a few things.
  1. Where would other characters would fit into this? What is the group's main goal? Finding more about Solas and investigating the disappearance of elves?
  2. How did the group come together? Are they going to know each other or be complete strangers in the IC introduction? Are we having canon characters in this rp given you mentioned quite a few of them from DA Inquisition during your blurb?
  3. I'm also curious about what the Inquisition has to do with this particular rp — is there important info from DA Inquisition that the group needs to know about aside from these new turn of events taking place five years later after DA Inquisition was over?
  4. Also, curious (and forgive me if what I'm gathering from this is wrong), given Laeten class members were generally trained and assuming Radonis was trained as well since from your pitch, it seems he's a Laeten class member, why did they reject Tiberius then and there if they hadn't rejected Radonis? What did Radonis have that Tiberius didn't?
It's a lot of information to devour in one post so I'm just trying to pinpoint a few things that stood out to me, motivations, and main ideas. I hope I'm not frying your brain lol.

Okay, so I'm going to answer your question starting with question 4, 3,2,1.

1. Radonis was not Laeten class, he was the Archon of the Magisterium; Caesar to the Imperial Senate in a way as that's how it is explained in DA: I by Dorian. Radonis is a Magister, which is above an Altus; Dorian is an Altus. Tidarion was a Laeton, a middle-class mage. The reason why the war with Tidarion started, and this is pretty lengthy:

Tidarion was a lowborn mage of Planasene blood. His father was a Legate in the Imperial Army who taught him swordplay and tactics before his magical abilities manifested themselves. Tidarion's magical talent eventually drew the attention of Archon Almadrius himself, who took him as an apprentice. The magisters believed that magic was a favor of the Old Gods rather than an accident of birth, and refused to acknowledge the mage underclass of elves and newly liberated foreigners. As such, the outraged Magisterium refused to even acknowledge Tidarion as a possible candidate. Almadrius had many rivals, and though he survived many assassination attempts, none of his Altus apprentices did. When the magisters finally had Almadrius assassinated, Tidarion remained his only heir.

When the magisters refused to recognize him as Archon, Tidarion took the throne by force, marching the legions into the Magisterium and slaughtering all those who wouldn't swear fealty to him. The Seven Temples declared Tidarion a usurper, and the legion was divided. Some generals supported the temples while some supported the Archon. The mages of the Laetan class overwhelmingly supported Tidarion. Mages were fighting each other for the first time since the fall of Arlathan. The Imperium plunged into a civil war.

So, with Tiberius being Laetan many Magisters, and Altus look down on him because he is a low-born mage. The thing is though that Tiberius hides supernatural abilities. Over time he gets increasingly more powerful. Not just as a mage, but he exhibits draconic capabilities. His skin starts growing scales, he gets talons and a wing; this progression is because he is one with an Elder God who let its body die and inhabited Tiberius child body making him stronger than a Magister in terms of raw potential. Radonis saw this in him and he made him a disciple much to the chagrin of the upper class. His transformation becomes more and more frequently the angrier he gets or if he loses self-control by being knocked out.

2. The Inquisition never disbanded; it became a fighting force for the Divine, but at its core, the members including the Herald/ Inquisitor, are tracking Solas' aka Fen'Harel's movements and those of migrating elves. So they join later to stop Solas from destroying the Veil.

3. Actually, it's quite funny how they get together; Tiberius blackmails your character making the guards think they've got the Archon somehow at a disadvantage; he orders the men to get reinforcements then causes the roof to give in so they both can make their getaway. My character at first doesn't want to be Archon so he shirks his duty and runs away with encouragement from Dorian of course. The rascal; tells the boy that to save the empire he must know what rules first. So, naturally, he takes it to heart and runs away! What's funny is, each subsequent character we introduce gets blackmailed by the last guy. So Say I met you second, the first guy I met would blackmail you into service. We become this menagerie of warriors, rogues, and mages. Stopping blood mages, investigating ancient tombs and work with the Inquisition

4. The main goal is finding the Elves; find the Elves you find Solas. But at his current status of power, he's too great a threat. That's why the Dragon God must awaken cause only a 'god' can fight a 'god'. But with each subsequent transformation, he becomes more dragon. He'll never be a full dragon. But he can harness it like a conduit. And thats what gives them the fighting chance.

5. Just a side note, Id really like a female elven character, doesn't matter what class to be Tiberius' lover. A Tevinter and elf in love. But she could join the elves on her accord and find out what Solas is really trying to do. I'd actually like her to be a Sentinel elf like Abelas. Just her temple was plundered and she's on a journey to get the bow of Anduril Goddess of the Hunt (Reminds me of Artemis). And Tiberius could save her life because she's far from where she knows, tracking the treasure hunters; but the elements, hunger, dehydration, catch up with her and she's left for dead. But Tiberius finds her, remedies her wounds and actually has to sip water and kiss her to get her to drink it so she wakes up to him essentially kissing her thinking he's taking advantage so she pulls a knife on him and starts swearing at him in elven. Think it'd make for a comedic moment cause he could be like

*Hands up* A little help here *Looks over shoulder*

Nope, what you do in your time is none of my concern."

"Dwarves." *Shakes head* "I am Tiberius, you were weak we found your shelter, I couldn't get you to drink so...I improvised, which, hindsight, probably should have waited...*purs lips to one side cocking brow.*

But, who better than an elf to help stop Solas who wants to the world to burn and build atop the dead and dying? I find it Ironic.
@Kat

Okay, so I'm going to answer your question starting with question 4, 3,2,1.

1. Radonis was not Laeten class, he was the Archon of the Magisterium; Caesar to the Imperial Senate in a way as that's how it is explained in DA: I by Dorian. Radonis is a Magister, which is above an Altus; Dorian is an Altus. Tidarion was a Laeton, a middle-class mage. The reason why the war with Tidarion started, and this is pretty lengthy:

Tidarion was a lowborn mage of Planasene blood. His father was a Legate in the Imperial Army who taught him swordplay and tactics before his magical abilities manifested themselves. Tidarion's magical talent eventually drew the attention of Archon Almadrius himself, who took him as an apprentice. The magisters believed that magic was a favor of the Old Gods rather than an accident of birth, and refused to acknowledge the mage underclass of elves and newly liberated foreigners. As such, the outraged Magisterium refused to even acknowledge Tidarion as a possible candidate. Almadrius had many rivals, and though he survived many assassination attempts, none of his Altus apprentices did. When the magisters finally had Almadrius assassinated, Tidarion remained his only heir.

When the magisters refused to recognize him as Archon, Tidarion took the throne by force, marching the legions into the Magisterium and slaughtering all those who wouldn't swear fealty to him. The Seven Temples declared Tidarion a usurper, and the legion was divided. Some generals supported the temples while some supported the Archon. The mages of the Laetan class overwhelmingly supported Tidarion. Mages were fighting each other for the first time since the fall of Arlathan. The Imperium plunged into a civil war.

So, with Tiberius being Laetan many Magisters, and Altus look down on him because he is a low-born mage. The thing is though that Tiberius hides supernatural abilities. Over time he gets increasingly more powerful. Not just as a mage, but he exhibits draconic capabilities. His skin starts growing scales, he gets talons and a wing; this progression is because he is one with an Elder God who let its body die and inhabited Tiberius child body making him stronger than a Magister in terms of raw potential. Radonis saw this in him and he made him a disciple much to the chagrin of the upper class. His transformation becomes more and more frequently the angrier he gets or if he loses self-control by being knocked out.

2. The Inquisition never disbanded; it became a fighting force for the Divine, but at its core, the members including the Herald/ Inquisitor, are tracking Solas' aka Fen'Harel's movements and those of migrating elves. So they join later to stop Solas from destroying the Veil.

3. Actually, it's quite funny how they get together; Tiberius blackmails your character making the guards think they've got the Archon somehow at a disadvantage; he orders the men to get reinforcements then causes the roof to give in so they both can make their getaway. My character at first doesn't want to be Archon so he shirks his duty and runs away with encouragement from Dorian of course. The rascal; tells the boy that to save the empire he must know what rules first. So, naturally, he takes it to heart and runs away! What's funny is, each subsequent character we introduce gets blackmailed by the last guy. So Say I met you second, the first guy I met would blackmail you into service. We become this menagerie of warriors, rogues, and mages. Stopping blood mages, investigating ancient tombs and work with the Inquisition

4. The main goal is finding the Elves; find the Elves you find Solas. But at his current status of power, he's too great a threat. That's why the Dragon God must awaken cause only a 'god' can fight a 'god'. But with each subsequent transformation, he becomes more dragon. He'll never be a full dragon. But he can harness it like a conduit. And thats what gives them the fighting chance.

5. Just a side note, Id really like a female elven character, doesn't matter what class to be Tiberius' lover. A Tevinter and elf in love. But she could join the elves on her accord and find out what Solas is really trying to do. I'd actually like her to be a Sentinel elf like Abelas. Just her temple was plundered and she's on a journey to get the bow of Anduril Goddess of the Hunt (Reminds me of Artemis). And Tiberius could save her life because she's far from where she knows, tracking the treasure hunters; but the elements, hunger, dehydration, catch up with her and she's left for dead. But Tiberius finds her, remedies her wounds and actually has to sip water and kiss her to get her to drink it so she wakes up to him essentially kissing her thinking he's taking advantage so she pulls a knife on him and starts swearing at him in elven. Think it'd make for a comedic moment cause he could be like

*Hands up* A little help here *Looks over shoulder*

Nope, what you do in your time is none of my concern."

"Dwarves." *Shakes head* "I am Tiberius, you were weak we found your shelter, I couldn't get you to drink so...I improvised, which, hindsight, probably should have waited...*purs lips to one side cocking brow.*

But, who better than an elf to help stop Solas who wants to the world to burn and build atop the dead and dying? I find it Ironic.
@Kat

Hmm, not sure if the many characters who are supposed to be heroes would appreciate being blackmailed into service. It'd be nice if there alternatives to joining up with Tiberius, if that is something you would consider.

I think of it as, if they are following Tiberius, wouldn't they want to follow with loyalty and willingness to help him, not be forced into service by blackmail (unless our characters absolutely despise Tiberius– then I can see where the blackmail comes into for a few).

That's just my two cents unless blackmailing one person after another is truly the only way to join forces– darkness and trickedy is nice, but when it gets repetitive, it gets boring after a bit, especially if it's blackmail in every character's bio. How many people are you looking for in the group before you start the sign ups and IC? :)

Well, the thing is; the blackmail is an annoyance. It's like "Do I really have to?" But as their fellowship deepens, so do their bonds and the blackmail is no longer an issue. It's like a recruiting program or a trial or ritual. I just thought it's a humorous nuance to the way things are always done. "Oh look a charming hero! Let's join!" In this case it "Well, he did save your life, so you do kind of owe him one. Plus whatever characters we make we can always make reasons for them to stay, such as her finding the Bow. The Dwarf could be trying to get rich and is a gambler. Tiberius is very humble, he willingly goes out of his way, even out of his expertise and comfort zone to try and help.

Well, the thing is; the blackmail is an annoyance. It's like "Do I really have to?" But as their fellowship deepens, so do their bonds and the blackmail is no longer an issue. It's like a recruiting program or a trial or ritual. I just thought it's a humorous nuance to the way things are always done. "Oh look a charming hero! Let's join!" In this case it "Well, he did save your life, so you do kind of owe him one. Plus whatever characters we make we can always make reasons for them to stay, such as her finding the Bow. The Dwarf could be trying to get rich and is a gambler. Tiberius is very humble, he willingly goes out of his way, even out of his expertise and comfort zone to try and help.

Ahh, gotcha. Interesting concept and well thought out. Everything is very nice, simply for me, I'd prefer a change of scenery from the main focus being Tevinter Imperium, as I've got two other DA rps that incorporate Tevinter as the main focus as well and Tevinter, in general from what I've seen at least, seems to be the focus of many DA rps. I'd just like to see things shaken up a bit for my next DA rp.

As for the blackmailing aspect starting out in the introduction, while it is an interesting idea, across all of the characters, I do not see the logic in that being the means for recruiting. Each character is not going to be of the same mindset that "Well he did save your life so you owe him one", but rather, I see that each have their own reasons for joining, their own personal quests. So while your idea is enticing and DA is amazing, I feel like everything is a bit too planned out for me to feel like I have wiggle room.

I hope you find a group of members that can give this idea the attention it deserves much more than I can. :)

That's too bad, you were really promising; I was hoping to venture to Nevarra, Antiva, Arlathan, The Eluvians. I had all sorts of tidbits we could easily make do with.

And while they may not be of the mindset; just as Solas once said: "That's why I came--not why I stayed." Each person has their own goals, what those are are entirely dependent upon who makes the character. I also wanted to add blood Mage to mages repertoire along with Mortalitassi, Knight-Enchanter, and Rift Mage.

Remember, this is speculation, not fact. It isn't the fact we'll be spending all our time in Tevinter, just some of it. How he Tiberius supposed to grow to lead people if he can lead a group of marauding rogue, mages, and warriors? He has to grow, he has to explore the world he lives in and see why and how Tevinter has fallen so low that its now a shell of what it used to be. He sees Dorian as his mentor and council. And his advice to him was to see what used to be and what can be again if we allow it.

Things are negotiable; not everything, of course, but most things.

@Daemon Yeah, it just doesn't feel exciting to me right now as I'd hoped it would be. I'd personally prefer focus away from Tevinter Imperium (the pitch you threw seemed to put heavy focus on Tevinter), thus my need to back down. I don't want to join an rp I know I won't enjoy from the getgo. It was lovely talking a bit about your ideas and thoughts though. I'm sure you'll have great members! :)

This roleplay will primarily be in the Tevinter Imperium at first, though by no means will it be the only place we will be visiting. My character Tiberius is the adoptive son and heir of Radonis, the Archon that is mentioned in Inquisition. He is of the 'Laeten' Class, the second highest social rank in the Tevinter Imperium. The reason this is important is that his distant ancestor, Tidarion was also of the Laeten Class. Tidarion was the first Laeten to become an Archon, and it was because of his lowborn mage status that the Magisterium, at that time, refused to accept Tidarion and started a civil war that lasted over seventy years because they believed that magic was the favor of the Old Gods and not of an accidental birth. It would seem history intends to repeat itself.

Before his coronation as official Archon Tiberius Planasene, under the tutelage of one Dorian Pauvus, runs away to come to terms with the pressures of ruling a nation like Tevinter. In his attempt to shirk his duties, he runs into several individuals, each one succumbing to his tricks and hijinx, becoming a wanted criminal who is thought to have kidnapped the would-be Archon. Meanwhile, they soon form a band of mercenaries who roam the lands, taking on jobs and responsibilities all the while Dorian keeps in contact with Tiberius using a magic communication crystal. This allows him to keep well informed about situations arising across the country as well as avoid patrols on the lookout for Tiberius and his friends. It'll also be a plot device for when they start finding more about Solas and his objectives as well as where the Elves across Thedas are disappearing to.

Dude.

Fantasy - Dragon Age: Shattered Dreams

>_> Or did you get it from here?

Dragon Age: Shattered Dreams

You should read this. Plagiarism: Credit Your Copypasta

Reactions: junebug
Dude, I'm the same guy. I just made a new account. o.O