4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, Magical, Horror, Romance,

TQmtF57.jpg

• Welcome to the "Dragon Age: Shattered Dreams" roleplay! I will be your GM and general story teller for your many endeavors for this tale. We will be picking from the four main races and three classes from "Dragon Age: Inquisition". We will also be including specializations at some point, I will be the only Rift Mage for this roleplay. I have an idea that links my character to such magic. In its place, I will allow Blood Mages. But for the start, stay with the three basic classes. Also, please be sure to look over everyone's character sheet to be sure that we don't have too many of the same kinds of classes. One or two is fine, but we can't all be the same thing. We want diversity.

I'd also like to give a shout out to @WhisperingWillows for this amazing Divbox.

Summary
    This roleplay will primarily be in the Tevinter Imperium at first, though by no means will it be the only place we will be visiting. My character Tiberius is the adoptive son and heir of Radonis the Archon that is mentioned in Inquisition. He is of the Laeten class, the second highest social rank in the Tevinter Imperium. The reason this is important is because of his distant ancestor, Tidarion was also of the Laeten class. Tidarion was the first Laeten to become an Archon, and it was because of his lowborn mage status that the Magisterium, at that time, refused to accept Tidarion and started a civil war that lasted over seventy years because they believed that magic was a favor of the Old Gods and not of an accidental birth. It would seem history intends to repeat itself.

Before his coronation as official Archon Tiberius Planasene, under the tutelage of one Dorian Pauvus, runs away to come to terms with the pressures of ruling a nation like Tevinter. In his attempt to shirk his duties, he runs into several individuals, each one succumbing to his tricks and hijinx, becoming a wanted criminal who are thought to have kidnapped the Archon. Meanwhile, they soon form a band of mercenaries who roam the lands, taking on jobs and responsibilities all the while Dorian keeps in contact with Tiberius using a magic communication crystal. This allows him to keep well informed about situations arising across the country as well as avoid patrols on the lookout for Tiberius and his friends. It'll also be a plot device for when they start finding more about Solas and his objectives as well as where the Elves across Thedas are disappearing to.

Once they have a complete a complete understanding of what he intends to do--tear down the veil causing a cataclysm that will likely kill countless people. So Tiberius finally accepts the Archon position and ceases hostilities with the Qunari who he then invites to talks about a temporary peace in light of a unifying force to prevent a worldwide catastrophe. So the Qunari and Tevinter join forces to stop Solas.

• Rules_zpsvn806kb6.jpg~original

1.) Be polite, and forthcoming with ideas.
    2.) Have well written, and legible posts. No text speak; capitalization and punctuation where it counts. You don't need to be a grammar Nazi, but I do expect you to be intelligent enough to handle putting effort into posts.
    3.) I expect commitment; we all have lives and things to do and I understand some things take precedent. That said, however, don't just drop out, out of nowhere with no explanation and leave the group.
    4.) I will be as accommodating as I can be, but my word is law in the roleplay.
    5.) Though this takes place after DAI, a lot of the effects in its story are still felt. So those of you who haven't played the game yet, it
    is probably best you don't join. It would take too long to go over and you would just be confused. Only those who have played and finished DAI may join.
    6.) Canon characters such as Cassandra, Iron Bull, Blackwall, Solas--are all NPC's. We will be making original characters from Humans, Dwarves, Elves, and Qunari. Basic classes to start out with.

7.) The posting requirements are as follows: a minimum of two paragraphs consisting of eight to ten sentences per post. As stated above, proof-reading is expected to have been done beforehand.

• Characters_zpsbm9fb7cc.jpg~original

Name: Tiberius
    Creator: @Mangekyō

-----

Name: Lupa Blackthrone
    Creator: @Vellum
    Dice Roll: 1

-----

Name: Valiant Beckett
    Creator: Tyrannosaurus Rekt
    Dice Roll: 2

-----

Name: Makon Kroscak
    Creator: @Cerulean
    Dice Roll:3

-----

Name:
    Creator: @LVL1337N00B
    Dice Roll: 4

-----

Name: Leto Fintan
    Creator: @Ariamas
    Dice Roll: 5

Character%20Sheet_zpsxjofod8e.jpg~original

Basics

Name (& pronunciation):
    Date of Birth (& age):
    Place of Birth:
    Social Class/Community Status:
    Language:
    Family/Friends/Pets/Etc:

Physical Description

Height:
    Weight:
    Hair:
    Eyes:
    Detailed Physical Description:
    Typical Clothing/Equipment:

Personality/Attributes

Personality/Attitude:
    Skills/Talents:
    Favorites/Likes:
    Most Hated/Dislikes:
    Goals/Ambitions:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Fears:
    Hobbies/Interests:
    Regular Routine:
    (optional) Philosophy of Life:
    (optional) Attitude Toward Death:
    Religion/Beliefs:
    (optional) Fetishes/Strange Behaviors:
    Most Instructive/Painful/Memorable Experience:
    Sexual Preference/Experience/Values:
    Education/Special Training:
    Place/Type of Residence:
    Place of Work:
    Work-related Skills:
    Past Occupations:

• Warrior_zps1ujjose6.jpg~original

V1iN7Vy.jpg

Battle-hardened and masters of close combat, warriors are pivotal to any group entering battle. As front-line fighters, they absorb the brunt of opponent attacks, steal enemy focus, and create an opening for deadly ranged assaults from other classes. While some warriors prefer visceral, sweeping damage, many are silverite-clad bulwarks, weathering any blows they don't deflect with their shields.

Rogue_zpsrpnipud5.jpg~original

Rogue%20Tarot_zpsx8i1vcvw.jpg~original

Armed with bows, daggers, and any number of dirty tricks, the rogue's primary focus is damage: tearing foes down one at a time with systematic efficiency. Rogues commonly use a mixture of stealth and mobility to reach positions of advantage, be it a sniper's perch away from enemy blades or behind an unsuspecting mage. Deadly and resourceful, rogues can tip the balance of any strategic assault.

Mage_zpsyrhet7bb.jpg~original

abRpK9j.jpg

Those who can tap into the raw energy of the Fade and block the whispering temptations of demons are truly exceptional. When they turn that mental focus onto the field of war, they can be truly terrifying opponents. Rains of fire, walls of ice, or even the ability to heal allies make up a mage's toolkit. Most employ considerable skills rendering foes not only weakened but also vulnerable to physical attacks, setting up opportunities for their teammates to exploit.

• Humans_zpsktdtwgiw.jpg~original

Human%20Tarot_zpsfatycuu1.jpg~original

Humans are the most numerous, yet also the most contentious of all the races of Thedas. Only four times have they ever united beneath a single banner, the last being centuries ago. The monotheistic faith of the Chant of Light plays a major role in human society. The majority of humanity in Thedas descended from numerous human tribes.

Elves_zpsf0scfmtk.jpg~original

Elves%20Tarot_zpsqqbk1gyu.jpg~original

A humanoid race, Elves are typically shorter than humans and have a slender, lithe build and pointed ears. Long ago, the elves were the dominant race on Thedas, and their advanced civilization was based on nature, the Fade, and magic. After the fall of their great city of Arlathan and the empire of Elvhenan, its following plunder by the Tevinter Imperium and the subsequent generations of slavery, the elves lost most of their cultural heritage and identity. They attempted to rebuild their society in the Dales, but after three centuries they fell to the Chantry's Exalted Marches.

Since then, the elves have separated into two distinct groups: the Dalish, who chose to lead nomadic lives rather than submit and strive to keep the elven culture alive, and the city elves, who live alongside humans, usually as impoverished outcasts, and have adopted many human customs. Overall, the elves are now a people associated with poverty, crime, barbarism, and are often used as scapegoats for humanity's difficulties. In Ancient Tevinter elves were called "rattus". Modern humans use the racial slurs "knife ears," "slant-eared" or, less cruelly, "rabbit." Though most of the elven language has been lost, they once referred to themselves as "elvhen," which means "the people".

Dwarves_zpsfqvup0fq.jpg~original

Dwarf%20Tarot_zps2ujcy6lf.jpg~original

The Dwarf, or dwarva, as the dwarves refer to themselves, are one of the major humanoid races of the Dragon Age setting. Strong, stocky, and shorter than any other humanoid race, the dwarves are skilled builders and boast a long tradition of courage and martial skill that has served them well in their millennia-long battle against the darkspawn. They once developed a huge, great empire which spread across vast underground networks of twelve great thaigs that spanned the breadth of Thedas. However their world was all but destroyed during the First Blight, and they are now a race in decline.

Qunari_zpsbuh6p6fn.jpg~original

x882DCU.jpg

The Qunari is the name most commonly used to describe the white-haired, metallic-skinned race of giants and their society that governs the islands of Par Vollen and Seheron, as well as the settlement of Kont-Aar in northern Rivain, and Qundalon in the Anderfels.

Members of any race who adhere to the teachings of the Qun can become "Qunari", but those other than the original giant race, that is humans, elves, and dwarves, are called Viddathari within the Qun. Humans of Rivain and Elven slaves of Tevinter are especially susceptible to conversion, although it is not unknown for members of other groups to embrace the Qun.

• Locations_zpseturefnk.jpg~original

TevinterDrB_zpssppjffpt.jpg~original
    • Minrathous
    • Qarinus
    • Silent Plains
    • Temple of Andruil
    • Arlathan Forest

Nevarra_zpsckdllk1a.jpg~original

• Nevarra City
    • Cumberland

Anderfels_zpsj19znvfw.jpg~original

• Hossburg

latest

• Antiva City

Par_Vollen_zps24qaitym.jpg~original

• Qunandar

• Languages_zpsxunt3kmp.jpg~original

LANGUAGES TEXT GOES BETWEEN HERE.

Last edited:
Yay new ooc!

I can't read the text very well tho. =(

I'll see if Whisper can't do something about it, until then, you may just have to highlight it.

• Thank You
Reactions: Cerulean
Thanks, my ninja!

@Cerulean What would help you see it better? ^.^

The easiest way would be to either really lighten or darken the color of the text.

Is that green or gray? I can't tell and it's bamboozling meh eyes. XD

I guess I simply post my CS here? If not I'll just delete it.

mage_comm_by_yamaorce-da0y35y.jpg

Name (& pronunciation): Leto Fintan (LAY-to FIN-tan)
Date of Birth (& age): Matrinalis on All Soul's Day (23)
Place of Birth: Low Town Slum of Kirkwall
Species/Racial Origin: Human
Social Class/Community Status: Apostate
Language: Common
Family: Gave him to the circle as a infant.
Friends: All killed in the burning of Kirkwall

Height: 5'6
Weight: 162 lb
Hair: Thick, jet black locks
Eyes: Light brown
Detailed Physical Description: Medium muscular build. A few scars on his chest. Several diametric tattoos on left hand. Penetrating, serious eyes.
Typical Clothing: Leto wears a loose fitting robes of simple rough spun, deer hide leggings, and a good pair of black leather boots in warm climates. In colder settings, he wears a large linen coat and a small cloak.
Equipment: Leto carries a simple half staff (disguised as walking stick), a dagger, and a few tools, vials, and pouches for collecting herbs and ingredients for potions.

Personality/Attitude: Calm and collected most of the time, Leto is an introvert. He is also a bit of an adrenaline junkie, which comes as a surprise from the quiet one in the group. He is loyal, kind, and has a deep sense of right and wrong. He is generally friendly enough to strangers, but keeps conversations short, as sentences that aren't well thought out make Fintan uncomfortable. He finds it difficult to talk about himself, but has a gift for introspection when pushed. These reservations also disappear when he begins to tell a story. Some may even say he has an "old soul."

Skills/Talents:
Advanced skill with Pyromantic Magic
Advanced skill with Restorative Magic
Fair Lute Player

Favourites/Likes: Rain, snow, cold weather in general,
Most Hated/Dislikes: Summer, hot weather in general, ignorance, arrogance, false piety
Goals/Ambitions: Leto 'simple' wants a safe place for mages to practice and learn magic without ridicule, being taken advantage of, or persecution. Also wants to stop feeling anger toward the templars that burned his circle.

Strengths: Empathy, persuasion, getting a sense of a person, tedious tasks, planning.
Weaknesses: Long combat engagements, dancing, incomplete logic, overt action (acting without thought)
Fears: Heights, spiders
Hobbies/Interests: Collecting and singing songs, playing the lute, watching a flame dance, the health of local peasantry, rare magical items (minor hobby).

Regular Routine: No day seems routine for Leto. Mostly he finds a place where he can be useful without drawing too much attention to himself. Well into the afternoon, Leto begins to think about where he will sleep. Most nights he is lucky enough to be offered a place to sleep. Other nights, he finds a nice corner or tree to keep in out of the wind.

(optional) Philosophy of Life: "Life is given value when it is used, either to positive or negative ends. Life is like a flame, as it can both destroy and comfort."
(optional) Attitude Toward Death: "It will come, much like any flame will fade. It is better to appreciate the flame as it is, rather than worry about what will come."

Religion/Beliefs: Believe's in the Maker. Finds the Chantry's view narrow, but believes in it's tenants (including the part where magic was created to serve…).
(optional) Fetishes/Strange Behaviors: Leto will spend hours staring into a flame while muttering prayers to Andraste. Some lines are strange however, as several references to a cleansing flame and something about 'watchers' are added on to some prayers. When interrupted, he seems to awake from a trance. When 'consciously' praying these lines are omitted with any memory of these lines gone from his memory.

Most Instructive/Painful/Memorable Experience: Kirkwall which had been his home for his entire life, was burned after the Chantry was destroyed. As the fabric between the fade and the physical plain was already lax within the area, blood mages and crazed templars butted heads in the ensuing chaos. Leto attempted to help any sane mages to safety, but all were either turned or killed as he made his escape, which was only possible because of his affinity with offensive fire elements magic. The blood and flames still remain fresh in his mind and finds his hate for the templars to be justified and silly at the same time. Leto's assistance on Fade research gave him a unique perspective on how it played a role in the events that lead up to the destruction of the Chantry. These facts combined with the memory of the event makes the events more saddening than anything that inspired great anger. This was the reason he decided to become a wanderer instead of join the fight with other mages. Treating templars was something that Leto would do, but he would more than likely do it grudgingly.

Sexual Preference: heterosexual, but open minded.
Sexual Experience: Very little. A fling with a young mage at the circle before it burned.
Values: "Life has value. One must spend it carefully. Do not waste. Do not beg."
Education/Special Training: Leto was trained as a healer in a Circle of Magi, giving him a better education than the majority of people born where he was. During his time at the circle, he learned writing, alchemy, some history, some mathematics, and a complete knowledge of the flora and fauna in Tevinter, Antiva, and the Free Marches. Leto at the time before Kirkwall burned, was assisting in research regarding the Fade and how it's 'distance' from the physical world waxed and waned depending on where a person was.

Place/Type of Residence: Currently a refugee/ wanderer.
Occupation: "Wandering Healer or Apostate depending on who you ask…"
Place of Work: The open road

Work-related Skills:
Fair lute player
Good storyteller
Encyclopedic knowledge of wild beasts, animals, insects etc.
Encyclopedic knowledge of wild plants and fungi
Alchemy
Advanced knowledge of local flora and their effects
Healing Spells (Unless I am restricted to the spells that are only in DA Inquisition)
Pryomancy (Fancy way of saying advanced fire elemental spells)
Literate

Past Occupations: scribe, healer, bard (not the spying kind), inn-idler, wanderer.

@Cerulean

How is that Cerulean? If you can't see the change, refresh.

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
I mean before, sorry. XD The white is awesome! I can see it perfectly!

^.^ Just let me know if you need anymore assistance with the div box! I'll be here if you need me. ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.