Dragon Age RPG

If we did a Dragon Age RPG, would you rather roll for stats, or have stat points to distribute?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer to go with Vashoth or Tal-Vashoth. It's what the Giant Horned Inquisitor is called, from what I understand. Yeah, it's associated with the Qun, but in Thedas, everyone in that race IS associated with the Qun, and lets face it, both terms are nice, short ways of saying your character is a giant horned person who either was or was not ever a follower of the Qun, heh.

Wow, apology in advance for potential double post, but I think we have enough people for the test run!

Faulkner - Tentative DM
Seiji - Definite player
Poet -Definite player
Azathoth - Definitely interested?
Lucius - Definite player
InindoHero - Definitely interested?

I should have the official OOC, with links to the player guide and character sheet and everything, up on Monday. Thanks everyone!

Fair enough. Though from my understanding we aren't going to be using any of the games to develope our characters abilities, but a more convention D&D style? I just want to get this cleared up since I've only played Origins, and from ly understanding each instalment had a new fighting/skill system.

We're basing it on the Dragon Age RPG--basically,, back in... 2012 I think? They released their own version of a tabletop RPG. We'll be using the abilities and fighting system laid out in the rulebook, which I'll be posting links to in the OOC.

Yeah, it's basically D&D with a Dragon Age theme, but we're using official Dragon Age rulebooks dammit.

tl;dr

The people of Ferelden and surronding areas generally only know enough about the Qunari to call them Qunari.

Remember, DA:O had The Warden constantly asking Sten about info about the people. The Super-Educated Dwarven Royalty or Human Noble backgrounds knew next to Jack and Shit about them. I imagine, at best, a mercenary would know about the difference between the Tal-Vasshot and Qunari, but only on the surface layer.

Also, I haven't delved into character creation, but I want to be "sword guy". NOT shield guy (unless we need one). Qunari if I can, but if not, I'm down with being a Human!

Can we please please PLEASE say Vashoth or Tal-Vashoth to distinguish a horned dude who doesn't follow the Qun? There's a reason for this and that reason is that actual Qunari--aka people who follow the Qun--won't be allowed, at least at the start of this.

Qunari = banned.
Tal-Vashoth/Vashoth = not banned.

I know Seiji as a player and trust him, so he's got dibs on a Tal-Vashoth/Vashoth mercenary. Everyone else, I really really REALLY want playing elves, humans, or dwarves, given how uncommon the giant horned dudes are supposed to be in Fereldan.

Speaking of dibs, Poet's already presented me with a good character idea for a mage, so I'd prefer everyone else to play rogues/warriors too.

I'm cool with that. Human Rogue from the roads.

Mage tank or Warrior tank? I don't know why my my mages always attract the most agro.

Lucius, I thought you were gonna play a rogue?

I am, I'm just reminiscing about the past. When I created mages in my Origins game, they always got attacked after one or two spells even when I had Alister all up in their faces.

Ah, right. Yeah, mages generally have a height threat level, I always used that amulet that made you seem like less of a threat so enemies wouldn't target my mages as often. Dunno how well it worked though.

Empirical evidence suggested not at all. I usually end up having to make my Warden Mages into Arcane Warriors simply so that they could survive in the melee longer. Oddly when I use Sten he tends to be able to keep the enemy's attention, but given that he lacks the tanky abilities of a shield-warrior, he doesn't really last long unless I have him the right type of armor.

I'm a complete novice to table top games and dragon age (I played it once, then my brother sold it -.-), but I would like to participate. :D (if that's okay..?)

Totally fine! I'm new to this, too (but don't tell anyone or the other players might be scared off!)

I'm new to Dragon Age tabletop roleplaying, I will say that - I actually did an actual tabletop roleplay yesterday, and that went on for 8.5 hours straight, sheesh... But I wouldn't worry about not knowing!

Status
Not open for further replies.