evening on thur , fri, and sat
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
Genres
dragon age series, asoiaf series, erotic, dark fantasy, high fantasy, suspense, adventure
Alrighty, so with @The Dapper Mog permission, here's a super basic bitch outline for a main plot.

"The world of Thedas is a difficult one. Life is hard for most, with beasts roaming the land, foul magics and demons corrupting innocents, men preying upon their neighbors, and monsters running amok beneath the surface. Throughout history, these monsters have invaded the surface, led by old gods corrupted by the taint of the darkspawn. Thedas has encountered previously five of these blights, and signs are pointing towards another on the horizon. Fearing the inpending blight, a small band of Grey Wardens, an order of warriors whom serve the sole purpose of defending the world from the darkspawn and ending the blights, have begun searching for allies in the coming conflict, while tensions mount between the various kingdoms of Thedas."

It does involve the Blight (as who doesn't love fighting those pesky creatures) and diverse background of characters, rather than everyone being a warden (though we can certainly open up that option for later on). With this in mind, I would really LOVE a co-GM who is fanatical about Dragon Age!

I may love Dragon Age, but I don't know everything about it. I've only played Dragon Age: Origins, but I do have a core rulebook to help me out. I ask for engagement and consistency on member's parts– I'm not here to hold your hand.

If you have an idea, throw it out there for the world to see, no matter how dumb you may think it is, even if you're not sure it will work. Overcommunicate. Let us know what you're thinking, let us know when you won't be able to post.

I'm fairly lenient on posting, since I do have a busy schedule. With that being said, I feel like one post every week would fit best with the pace we're going. In high action scenes (like a fight or back and forth conversation), I would highly recommend collaboration to help move the rp along.

Advanced writing level is expected and again, engage with your plots and ideas please.

I was thinking I could use the core rulebook to help people set up their basic stats and give them a guideline with skills.

Expectations aside, I would personally love to see an Ander survivor, Tal-Vashoth, Waking Sea Raider, and an Orlesian Exile among our group of misfits. A Nevarran Adventurer or a Free Marcher would also be cool to have around! You choose what you'd like.

Me, I'm going to create a female who's dad was a Rivaini Merchant and mom a Nevarran adventurer. Possibly follows the Qun, since the Qun has influence in Rivaini.

If you have any questions and/or concerns, please let me know! We will continue plotting and chatting on discord. :D

@sing o muse @TheDevil'sGame @Rook and anyone else who might be interested!!

I'm obviously in! I don't have specifics thought out, but expect a Tevinter mage from me!

• Love
Reactions: junebug
Here, too. No idea what sort of character I'll make yet. I'll probably wait to see what other people make first.

• Spicy
I've run a campaign from the Dragon Age core rulebook and I also have all the lore books xD Not sure if I'm going to join this roleplay cause my schedule is gonna become hella busy, but maybe. Rivaini's are also my favorite @Kat

I think it might be interesting to play in a different Blight, not make up a new one. Like the book Last Flight which chronicles some of the things that happened in the Second Blight. That shit was intense. That way all the movements of the Darkspawn are already pre-plotted, you're not messing with game canon, and the players would become the heroes of that event. And also GRIFFONS.

If I remember correctly, that Blight really kicks into gear when Antiva is sacked. If you've never read Last Flight, I highly recommend it because it is amazing.

I'll play a Tal-Vashoth for ya. The Qunari are beast. Lol

Also, when originally plotting this, I was considering using the 3rd blight, but, couldn't find enough information on it not to worry I was botching the history too much.

You had me at "Dragon Age".

I've played all of the games but I don't have much experience with it as a tabletop system. Is it possible to play a Dalish Shapechanger with lots of outdoorsy skills and whose chief approach to battle is turning into a lion or something? I have a concept I've tried in a couple of freeform RPs that didn't last beyond the first page or two and I'd love to scratch that itch.

• Spicy
Reactions: Cwispy and junebug
Consider me intrigued... very, very intrigued. I'm a big lover of Dragon Age but haven't played it in ages. It would definitely be good to get back into the universe; all that's left to do is decide between being a Dalish or playing as the younger sibling of an esteemed Templar. If you've got room for me, I'd love to join!

Consider me intrigued... very, very intrigued. I'm a big lover of Dragon Age but haven't played it in ages. It would definitely be good to get back into the universe; all that's left to do is decide between being a Dalish or playing as the younger sibling of an esteemed Templar. If you've got room for me, I'd love to join!

Would loooove a templar! ❤️ We definitely have room for you!

If there is still room for this, I would probably create a Chevalier of Orlais. He would probably be exiled or lost his lands/title and has since left Orlais.

Query: You mention the core rulebook. Is this RP acting as a full RPG with dice rolling or is the rulebook more a lore supplement? I have a dislike of dice rolling on forum RPs, but would be pretty interested if there are no dice rolls.

Query: You mention the core rulebook. Is this RP acting as a full RPG with dice rolling or is the rulebook more a lore supplement? I have a dislike of dice rolling on forum RPs, but would be pretty interested if there are no dice rolls.

The only thing I may dice roll for is for outcome on battles to ensure fairness on both ends of the spectrum and to provide a surprising kick, since our party won't always win. There are no other planned dice rolls. :)))

If there is still room for this, I would probably create a Chevalier of Orlais. He would probably be exiled or lost his lands/title and has since left Orlais.

Certainly! I'll shoot a PM your way with the discord link. :D

Alright, color me interested. I've never had issue with killing my lovelies, so losing some battles and sacrifice will be fun. Time to think up a character. I'd be willing to Co-GM, if you have no one else lined up and would have me. Though, I have only have minor knowledge of the lore in that it's limited to DA: Origins and namely what comes up in the game itself. But I could read up on it if needed. What timeframe is the RP to take place in? (Before DA: Origins? After? 1st Blight? Etc.)

• Love
Reactions: Epiphany
Alright, color me interested. I've never had issue with killing my lovelies, so losing some battles and sacrifice will be fun. Time to think up a character. I'd be willing to Co-GM, if you have no one else lined up and would have me. Though, I have only have minor knowledge of the lore in that it's limited to DA: Origins and namely what comes up in the game itself. But I could read up on it if needed. What timeframe is the RP to take place in? (Before DA: Origins? After? 1st Blight? Etc.)

Oh my god I love you!!! Please, I need a co-GM haha!!!! Do not worry- my knowledge is limited to DA: Origins and core rulebook!! Timeframe is after all other previous blights. No specifics have been created yet. I shall Pm you our discord- it's popping right now!! :D

Reactions: Cwispy
Alright, sounds good.

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

Anyone who has already posted, you are "locked in" for interest and creating a character, if you so wish to move forward with that. Anyone who posts beyond this announcement, I can place you on waitlist for this rp. Should anyone drop or decide this rp is not for them, I will let you know. First come, first serve. :D

Reactions: Cwispy
Yeah alright I'm in. I also have all the DA lore stuff, all the books, comics; all of it. If you have lore related questions or questions in general, I'm always down to offer what I know or my opinion.

• Spicy