Dragon Age: Reckoning OOC

I have plans for learning some new abilities down the line, don't worry.

Name: Tulaine Kornick

Race: Dalish Elf from the Dale...land or wherever they live.

Class: Rouge

Specialization: Ranger

Sex: A human with lady parts. Dang, wait, that could be either or...Female

Appearance: [spoilI]
elven_ranger_aniera_by_juuhanna-d52hfmk.jpg
[/spoilI]

Weapon(s): A longbow, preferably a recurve one. Also wears light armor because she are weak! ;_;

Personality: Tulaine? Oh, she's just a big ole' bag of sarcasm and wit. For a Dalish Elf, she sure does have a lot of knowledge about Fereldin. She keeps everything she knows in the back of her head so, when the time is right, she can make someone feel instantly stupid by not knowing anything. Basically, Tulaine will insert herself into any conversation when she feels the need to state a fact. This is why most people do not converse with her much. They suck up her sarcasm like a sponge and move on with their lives. When in combat, however, she instantly becomes a magnet for assistance, going to someone's whim without second thought, a complete contradiction to her earlier, rebellious and sarcastic nature.

History:​ Tulaine had never been much of a team player. The Dalish always took turns and cycles went scouting the camps and some other uncharted territories for goods and the sort. Since their own goods were running scarce, it was only a matter of time until the Dalish packed and left their site, camping out closer to large cities for easier access for goods. Tulaine absolutely despised the idea. With word of the blight running to and fro, the news was sinking down deep within Dalish bones, bringing up fear within them. It wasn't until she ran into a human mage that Tulaine complete lost her composure.

She begged with her clan and the keeper that they should stay put at their current camp for just a little while longer, enough so that the news of the Blight would pass quickly. However, rumor spread quickly that their ironbark was at high demand, the need for weapons of war to be crafted with only the finest material. After the run in with the human mage (Garth) and other bandits coming dangerously close to their camp and their knowledge and ironbark, the clan bad the unanimous decision to pack up camp and head south of Thedas. Discouraged that none of her words weren't heeded at all, Tulaine packed up, deciding to take matter into her own hands and go directly to Fereldin, demanding that King Cailin do something about mages and humans invading clearly defined Dalish camps.

Before she could do so, she heard rumor of King Cailin's death, and Logain's betrayal towards him. Without Cailin as king, Tulaine feared for the safety of her clan at the hands of the Blight, knowing that whichever way they may have ran, the demons would be directly at their heels. With little to no choice in the matter, she rushed out of the walls of Fereldin...and smack dab into band of mages and Templars having a quarrel with one another. Known for her quick way of easing out of a fight, Tulaine picked up word that a blood mage was found at the scene of a gruesome fight at Denerim. She quickly picked up on the rumor of the tattoo across his face, knowing that he and the mage that ran to her camp days before were the same.

Tulaine now spent her time lying low beyond the walls of Fereldin, taking her own, solo camp in the forest until she heard more news on either Garth or the whereabouts of her clan.

Skills: Combat Training and Stealing.

Talents/Spells:
ACTIVATED:
Dirty Fighting
Heart Seeker
Ghost
Flicker
Pinning Shot
Critical Shot

PASSIVE:
Lethality
Evasion
Coup de Grace

SUSTAINED:
Stealth
Accuracy
Weak Points

Extras: Had a run in with a Circle of Magi mage near her camp. A bad run in. Also, the Dalish tattoo is on the left side of her face, two lines coiling under her eye and stopping at a two miniscule spirals under her left cheek.

Changing specialization from Assassin to Shadow after reading through the full talent trees of both. Gonna refigure out which talents I want to accompany that when I get time.

Changing specialization from Assassin to Shadow after reading through the full talent trees of both. Gonna refigure out which talents I want to accompany that when I get time.

Not a problem, thanks for the heads up.

Are we allowed to have talents from the end of their trees, without the prequisites? I.E. having Evasion while skipping Below The Belt? And in talents like Heartseeker, it says it only applies to melee attacks--are we able to apply them to ranged weapons here?

Also, finished my character sheet.

You can skip over skills you don't want, yes. As for specific cases like Heartseeker, give me a convincing sounding method to use it with a ranged weapon and odds are I'll be fine with it. Part of that whole 'personalized abilities' thing I was talking about.

Checking in to see if anyone was still working on their character sheets. At least most players who had shown interest have already finished theirs.

I'm growing anxious to start and don't want to keep everyone else waiting for too much longer.

If anyone needs more time, they could always join the RP at a later point?

My muse won't let me come up with a History...

...Give me an hour.

Hey Iliana, you could use the Dragon Age wiki for inspiration. Look up the pages about the Dalish elves, and specific Dalish characters.

I believe so, yes. I'll see if I can either get the first post up before I head to sleep tonight, or tomorrow morning.

The roleplay has it's first post! Please feel free to begin roleplaying now.

If anyone joins late, just fill out a character sheet and when I 'like' it, you'll be accepted and you may start then. Otherwise, this thread is now for OOC discussion about the RP and will also serve as a place for you to ask your questions.

Hey Hiro, at this time could Burd be appointed Garth's babysitter dude or whatever? And did Bradley mean to send more than one templar?

Yes, Bradley will be sending a small team. Burd can be appointed their captain if you'd like.

That awkward moment when you just realize that you completely forgot to describe your character's appearance. Fix'd on his character sheet.

Ceruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! You stole my font colour! I was using green first! *whine whine bitch bitch*