Dragon Age: Far and Beyond

Lysandra's only task, despite the gloomy barkeep waiting them at a table, was finding Declan. She was going to need a round and placed a pouch of coin down to get six ales, stabling, and the suite. One could never be too extravagant.

"Here's a tip as well, for your troubles," Lysandra tossed in a few shiny gold coins. She pitied the man, but didn't let it show on her face. "With that being said—"

She turned to her companions to ask them what they'd like, however, an abrupt voice leered their way. Lysandra glanced out into the crowd, past the barkeep and narrowed her eyes at the visible qunari staring straight at their table. The rest of the party ordered, as they'd like and the barkeep walked off. Lysandra was almost dying of laughter that the qunari chose to stay where she was, instead of approaching their table. Was she terrified of their party?

The mere silence that followed rather quickly was ended by the next table. A woman with an unbearable squeal of excitement pointed out the Grey Wardens and turned back to her friend, immediately assuming that the wardens were at the tavern to conscript her and the female elf she was sitting next to. Lysandra stared at her for a moment and a male elf chimed in after her initial greeting. It was irritating, to say the least, and while the mercenary happened to notice George, she turned away from the other party.

"Looks like you all have some company. I'll deal with this qunari," she muttered under her breath and left the table to join the qunari and the man further down the tavern, in her line of view. Claudia brushed off Lysandra's leave and turned to face the next crowd over with a look of irritation, though Cahir and Rahmas may have known better how to deal with a situation like this. Claudia had a bit of a temper, demonstrated by her previous encounter with Lysandra.

"Hello," Claudia responded, her voice curt.

On the other side of the tavern, Lysandra approached the extremely tall woman. The height was not unusual for a female qunari, unfortunately. It was strange to see someone like her out here in a village as small as this one. Perhaps all qunari were attracted to the smell of death and gloom. Regardless, Lysandra wanted to turn things around and know what business she had, if she was so hostile towards the Grey Wardens. The Grey Wardens were in Sarona to help, was this qunari here to do the same? She stopped in front of the woman.

"What business we are here for is none of your concern," she responded in a cool tone. "I'd take a second look around here before you begin hostilities. You are the odd one out and none of the villagers appreciate you speaking for them."

Some of the villagers had begun to file out, while others stared hard at the qunari.

"Perhaps, we should be asking you what your business is here!" A villager resting in the far right corner from Declan and Saar's table exclaimed. "What are ya, grey skin?! Ya here to cause destruction?!"

It seemed that particular man had too much to drink– noted by the ten ale pitchers on his table– and Lysandra quirked an eyebrow the qunari's way, as if asking her a similar question. What was she here for and why did she bother pretending to hide under a cloak? Fool.

"You heard the man," Lysandra smirked. "What is your own business in this village? Seems everyone who's still here is dying to know. The villagers don't like a foreigner wandering around without cause."

@TheDevil'sGame @Verran @The Dapper Mog @everyoneelse

George Townsend
Not the Prancing Pony
Interactions: Paige, Moire, Nev, Claudia ( @sing o muse @Epiphany. @Chile @Kat )

tumblr_mavpjklr2y1qeiocm.gif

Moire was simply too adorable... and naive. At that thought, a pang of guilt fluttered across George's chest. It wasn't that he had done anything wrong, he simply felt guilty for being in a situation where he might have to manipulate her for his own goals. She seemed pure. That was a rare trait in Thedas. Still, it wasn't worth lingering on. Besides, as entertaining as seeing the girl smile was, it paled in comparison to the fun it seemed he might be able to have in teasing the emaciated elf from Tevinter. Tutting in disgust, the elf remarked at George with a form of passive-aggressive displeasure he hadn't encountered since his mother. Allowing his head to fall lazily towards Nev, he rested his chin on his open palm and wore a mock-dreamy expression on his face, simply winking at the man. He decided it would be much more effective at gaining his ire than any remark he could have come up with and boy there was a lot...

Is that where you came from?

Are you a regular there?

Why don't I just stay here? You're feathered up more than an Antivan whore, anyway.

I wouldn't want to run the risk of running into your mother.

The list was endless and some were slightly more immature than others. Still, just the wink would suffice. It said everything and nothing which was probably for the best as a loud shriek from Moire threatened to rupture every ear drum within a 10 mile radius. Snapping his attentions to her, George fell witness to yet another outburst of rambling. Subtlety was not among the girl's strengths, it seemed. There was little he could do and thus he simply ogled the newly-arrived group with an ever-inquisitive stare. A rag tag ensemble, very much what he had expected Grey Wardens to look like. Perhaps the most curious thing was why Lysandra had entered with them. One question down and three more had arisen. This information gathering exercise of his didn't seem as if it would be a brief one.

As the Warden Claudia approached, he regarded her once more and offered a courteous nod of his head. She was rather easy on the eyes but certainly cold and calculating. Not the kind of girl one would want to pester with sarcastic quips. No, the sarcastic quips would be reserved for Nev. A nearby bellow from a local patron set George upon edge, however. Sarcasm in general would inevitably wait as his hand shot to the grip of his sword in case he needed to defend himself. Despite his caution, he remained seated, ready to react if needed. Making a spectacle of oneself was never wise... Moire... and seeing how Lysandra would handle the situation at hand would tell him more truths than he could ever expect to pry out of her. Besides, sitting at his table and looking perfectly at ease felt much more cool. George liked looking cool.

d87xnid-98a5e629-05ff-4e7d-82bf-81a9fc2a499e.jpg

Saar Shokrakar
@Kat

The words that the strangely dangerous one murmured hardly escaped the ears of the Qunari. Known for their hearing which was comparable to elves they were not surprised as the dangerous one of the Grey Warden group began to approach. She relented and began to explain her coarse greeting as the woman came close.

"Excuse my tone, I've been dealing with a drunkard and his lack of cooperation is grating my patience... You don't seem to be a part of the Grey Wardens and whatever dealings you have with them are your own. I've seen soldiers wandering around in my short time here. I hope you have more luck in solving whatever plagues this place. Though I hope you can deal well with a Qun." Her last sentence referenced Lysandra's earlier muttering. Not necessarily offended by such words but reminding the smaller woman that this area had little space for secret murmurs. She didn't have to wait long for an answer nor for the encouragement of one of the drunkards to cut in. She gave the man a stern look before returning his gaze towards the woman before her.

"Your business is of very great concern to me, human. I am what your people would refer to as a merchant. We Qunari do not have such things, instead, we move resources and necessities to where they are required. I am here to study the Bas, those that are not a part of the Qun. I offer services such as armor crafting and weapon smithing. Though, recently I have been providing aid for the horses at the stable. The horseshoes on those animals were not sufficient but now I am being regarded as the monster that is haunting this town." She looked down upon the smaller woman as she tugged on her cloak. "I am oblige to wear this to guarantee that my silhouette does not resemble the creatures ambushing the civilians. I refuse to be misidentified as one of those disgusting creatures. Their hostilities against me are blatant and they have demonized me ever since I have been here."

She looked across the remaining few patrons that stayed within the building. Drunk enough to not care of the situation and drinking away to care even less of what was happening now.

"Cowards! The lot of them! Refusing to help their people and wallowing in this place! It amazes me the Qun have yet to conquer you! I am not from this place nor do I have to allow myself to be involved. I am choosing to do so, because I will not allow myself to become useless... That man may speak but he wouldn't dare do a thing. All frightened by the mist, and each of them weak willed. I choose to at least speak for the victims of this atrocity, not waste away drinking." She hardly cared at this point if the humans of this place hated her. They did little against actual monsters and if need be, she would easily become the same if she needed to escape.

"Shouldn't the foreigner care the least about such a place? Yet, I find myself here, with Declan of all people. Rejecting any of my help to save any of the victims." She waved her hand towards the man still sitting at his table. His second drink still within his hands. Saar sighed as she couldn't believe what she was dealing with nor what to do about this situation. While her greeting was certainly not the kindest she seemed at least capable of aiding. Nor was she afraid of whatever lied behind fog.

Last edited:
Paige could only (mostly) watch as a sequence of strange things occurred all at once. But we'll start with the most mundane among them, the thing that Paige already found particularly irksome.

Paige is a girl of half a mind. Half of her mind is focused generally on her moment to moment business- the shopkeep who needs distracting while your runner nicks the goods; a second story balcony needs scaling; a punk needs a thrashing-- all the tactile things of the world that only a sticky fingered rogue could do. The other half of her mind was like that of a watchful cat, always watching and waiting for the perfect moment to tip the glass off the table and ruin everyone's day.

"A wine for the lady. Red. One as sweet as the angel who will drink it."

And right now, she had half a mind to ruin George's day. His flirtation was unbearably untoward even for Paige's standard. He just came across as creepy and desperate. She pricked her the skin right beneath her fingernail. She sucked through her teeth and put the cut to her lips, reminding herself not to think angry thoughts while half of her mind was using sharp objects.

"Would you like us to help you locate a brothel when we're done here, my dear?"

Paige cackled loudly and snorted at Nev's insult, her girlish laughter filling the tap room. Paige was a clever girl so she could appreciate the subtlety behind Nev's insinuation. It was the same as asking George if he needed to use the restroom. To get something out of his system. As base as a rutting nug. And that's what he was, a caged nug desperate during mating season, given the form of a man. Maybe Moire wasn't the only one who could shape-shift.

Crude and slapstick were more her shot of whisky, but she'd have to commend Nev on his snarky use of polite deadpan later. A point went to the finely dressed elf she was less inclined to rob now. George didn't seem to get it, responding with all the petty tact you'd expect of someone with a dull wit. Someone much younger than Paige at least. At this point he was drowning in an absence of points. Agreeing to buy her drink was his first loss.

Too busy with her laughter she failed to notice the new people as they entered.

And then Paige's laughter was cut short by Moire's ecstatic shriek, and when she said Grey Wardens, Paige let go of the rest of her laughter in a long exhale of quiet marvel. Could they be actual Grey Wardens? The Grey Wardens? What were they doing so far from their legendary fortress of Weishaupt? Did they bring their griffons? Paige knew some of the other kids didn't think griffons were alive anymore, but countless stories of the legendary Garahel and his loyal companion Crookytail flashed through her mind, making her hope beyond reason that just beyond the tavern doors were the winged mythical beasts.

Moire gripped Paige's arm to which she grasped at Moire's wrist in response. They were both held in suppressed admiration.

"Do you think they're here to conscript us?" Paige's expression fell. She didn't know what Moire meant, since she'd never heard of Wardens conscripting people. But she certainly did not want to be conscripted by anyone. She struggled free of the thought and shook her head.

Then her mind put the pieces together. "No. They're here because of whatever is happening in this village..." then she noticed one of the wardens fit the description of the person Moire described. Tariq's husband. She lightly nudged at Moire with her foot, trying to keep the movement discreet from everyone else and leaned in towards Moire. She nodded ever so slightly in the wardens direction. "Isn't that the man we're looking for?" She intoned quietly. And quietly she hoped Moire would be quiet too.

And then there was a Qunari. Okay. This day was getting a little out of hand, even for Paige. She had half a mind to go back to the streets of Nevarra where she belonged... She signaled the barkeep for another whiskey as she briskly downed her first one.

He shuffled off dutifully despite the commotion. Good man.

@VengefulPeanut @Epiphany. @Achilles

Moire Sehari

@Kat
"Hello," said the elegant Grey Warden. There might have been a facial expression or a tone of voice but only Fen'harel would have noticed it. All Moire saw was the gorgeous uniform, the legend, the legacy, and a rather fetching-

"Hellooooo!" Moire said back to Claudia, in an unmistakably sultry tone.

@Chile
At last her brain registered Paige was speaking and, a moment later, the Dalish Mage even comprehended the other elf's meaning. For the first time since setting foot in this village, Moire's face lost its emotional elasticity and settled into a look of genuine introspection and thought.

Her expression, when she met Paige's eyes, was serious. "Why would Grey Wardens be in Sarona? You don't suppose there's-"

Having leaned in, it was a simple matter for Paige to then nudge her, direct Moire's attention to Rahmas and rightfully ask the obvious question. Moire brightened immediately at the sight of the man before blinking in confusion.

"That's Rahmas, that's him exactly," she said slowly, and if she wasn't exactly quiet, neither did her voice project beyond her immediate table. "But why is he wearing a Grey Warden uniform? He wasn't a Grey Warden, last time I was here, he was Sarona's Mortalisti."

Moire saw a mystery. Unfortunately, for better or worse, the Dalish knew only one way to answer a mystery.

@Verran @The Dapper Mog @Kat
The elf with the Vallaslin over her face stood from the table in one smooth motion as she looked at the Grey Warden table. "Rahmas! It's been ages, how are you and where is your dear wife? Come on over! All of you, friends of Rahmas are friends of ours and we have room!"

Having already received her wine, Moire almost banged the more delicate cup to pieces against the wooden table like it was a stout tankard of beer banged against the table for emphasis. At the last second, she stopped herself.

Sarona, Nevarra
Day 1

Cahir followed the team in after holding the door. The tavern's scent and sounds washed over him. A soft chatter, crisscrossing with the clink of drinks. Though, judging by bits of the surrounding conversation and the size of the foyer, then this was actually rather empty. Still, it was a pleasant tinkling of sound, as if it were strands of music that swept together into a delightful melody. Or maybe the inn, in its quaint format, just simply reminded him of his old home. As ever, the fact of being a Warden grounded him back in reality. Already, the vague sense of pleasantries frayed from both Claudia's stone-cold greeting and Lysandra seeming there was some need to 'deal' with the Qunari in the room. Why there was a need to deal with them escaped Cahir entirely. Was it strange to see one so casually in the room? Sure. Did that mean they had to confront their simple existence in the room? The half-human thoroughly disagreed. However, Wardens cared for their own, even if that meant corralling their own. Especially after reading into his female compatriot's pre-prepped fuse.

So, he clapped his hand down upon Claudia's shoulder, gripping it firmly. With a smile that could curdle new milk, he mentally ask and demanded for the umpteenth time that she please, please, please be civil and ponder the concept that, perhaps, if someone didn't have anything pleasant or what needed to be heard, then silence was better. After all, it had worked perfectly well for him for his entire life. Hoping that years of working together would get the point across, Cahir molded his smile into a cheery one and addressed the group at the bar. Giving a wave to the friendly elf who had given them a refreshingly pleasant greeting, he nodded in agreement with her companion. They were here, after all, to figure out what was going on surrounding the village. Now, how much they would actually deal with depended partly on if they determined if the situation involved Dark Spawn and a Blight. But, for now, that was neither here nor there and, while Cahir would love to help these people within his power, it was not any Grey Warden's place to get involved in the politics. Theirs was the Blight alone. That said, he thought as he nodded at nothing, demons ran a pretty close second.

The invitation to come over came at a surprise, but he suspected that it came due to his companion's origin. Cahir glanced at the man. He didn't know much about him beyond the obvious. A mage who lived here and enacted the Nevarran death rituals in this village. It was also little secret that the grief at his wife drove him to the Grey Wardens. The Conscription was a mere formality to pull him out of his mage order; at least, that's how Cahir saw it. Rahmas would have joined anyway.

However, not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, Cahir sprang up and joined the party at the bar while giving a quick gesture to beckon his companions along. Plunking himself both into a free stool and a game of Charades, Cahir mimed to the bar party, though they hardly seemed to be having a reveling time. First, he fired off his question in sign language on the off-chance that one of them knew it and if Claudia decided to translate after his own scathing silence. Second, he pointed at them. Third, he snapped his hand up to his brow, surveying a nonexistent land. Fourth, he pointed outside before acting as if he were examining the land again. He didn't touch upon Rahmas' wife, may her spirit fly through the Fade, letting the man discuss it himself and knowing full way that trying to charade his way into explaining her death was hardly tactful. So he focused on asking as to whether or not they'd seen anything.

@Kat @VengefulPeanut @The Dapper Mog @Chile @sing o muse @Epiphany. @Artorias @Rook @TheDevil'sGame @TheDevil'sGame

Claudia raised a brow at the Dalish elf's… provocative tone. The Grey Warden was here on business, not to flirt, and the moment she opened her mouth to make another decision of biting words— Cahir's hand firmly grasped her shoulder and she relented, giving her fellow companion a small, fake smile. She glanced back at the party in front of her. A formal introduction was needed, at least on Cahir's watch… so as to not… scare the potential suspects away.

""I'm Claudia and this is Cahir. We are Grey Wardens of Nevarra, along with, well, It seems you've met him before— Rahmas, who joined our ranks not long ago after monsters attacked the village and his wife was unfortunately lost to a mysterious illness a while later. Cahir would like to know if you've seen anything strange since you've been here. I want to know if you've heard of anything and... "

She pulled out the list and placed it down in the middle of the table.

"—if you've heard or seen any of these people. This investigation is even better if you know anyone on this list personally. We have to find out what happened to a farmer's daughter and son a couple days ago."

Claudia did not sit down like Cahir did. She was not here to drink.

The situation seemed to be alright, as the mercenary had decided to leave them be for a bit, however, the Qunari's obnoxious behavior had Claudia twitching her eye. It took every fiber of her being to not walk over and talk the Qunari down because Lysandra would "deal" with her, so good for the mercenary who seemed to be in a tight spot.

Lysandra's brow raised at the Qunari and she crossed her arms over her chest. The woman seemed rather fond of trying to start fights, poking her nose in where it didn't belong and putting up a defensive front. Lysandra would give it to her though— it was amusing how the Qunari played the part of a victim in anger and frustration.

"I'm afraid there are no Bas here," Lysandra responded. Her voice was still calm. "Only those who weep for their sons and daughters who were lost because of those disgusting creatures you seem to have heard of. To play victim is nothing compared to the family members they grieve. Perhaps they demonize you because they have not seen a Qunari before. Furthermore, I'm obliged to speak the truth. It is not that they are weak willed, it is that they have a heart, and to them, you do not. If you consider them cowards for refusing to help their people, why is it that you have not done so yourself?"

She glanced over at the man, the moment the Qunari spoke his name. The man she was looking for.

"Ah, so this must be him… the man Callum apprenticed under. Sir… Declan," Lysandra walked up to him, ignoring the Qunari, and placed her hand gently on his. "I'm terribly sorry for your loss. If it at all obliges you, the Grey Wardens and I are eager to help you find Callum... We do not believe him to be dead, as there is no evidence of such. He could've very well been captured, but we cannot find out what truly happened, unless you tell us what you know."

Declan ran his hand over his face and finished his drink before moving onto the next one.

"I don't know what's been going on," he muttered and gripped his pitcher, knuckles turning white. "Just a whole bunch of disappearances… It's nothing, really. Two the first week, three the next. That number only seems to be climbing. We were lucky it was just two this week, but it was god awful that it had to be Callum and Aleya... No one seems to be finding them, but it's whatever. We're all doomed anyways."

"An unfortunate happening," Lysandra murmured. "Please, allow me to introduce you to the Grey Wardens and one of my friends and… his friends… Well, primarily the Grey Wardens. We are here to investigate and gather intel from anyone we can. The magistrate has provided us with as much information as he could, but now, we do the rest."

"I need a break from this woman's screaming," Declan muttered, referring to the Qunari. "The whole situation is hopeless though. How on Earth is a Grey Warden gonna help? We don't know anything at all."

"That is a question for them," Lysandra replied coolly. "I cannot say for them how they will help. All I know is that they are."

@TheDevil'sGame @The Dapper Mog @Epiphany. @Chile @VengefulPeanut @Achilles @Verran @Rook @Artorias

George Townsend
Sarona's Inn
Interactions: Paige, Moire, Nev, Claudia ( @sing o muse @Epiphany. @Chile @Kat )

When it rains it most certainly pours. This saying seemed to have been swiftly becoming the overarching theme of this particular chapter in George's story. Lounging away his days in a Nevarran city, he asked for entertainment and the Maker sent him a letter from Lysandra and an ensemble of Elves. Seeking information on what was happening, the Maker sent him an encyclopedia's worth of personal and local affairs. In truth, the entire situation was overwhelming. He had been contented to simply observe, teasing whoever it seemed profitable to. However, with Lysandra enthralled in a standoff with an out-of-place Qunari and now with Grey Wardens speaking of monster attacks, the severity had certainly being cranked up a notch.

A low hum rumbled from George's throat as his fingers locked tightly around the handle of his blade, knuckles whitening with the anxiety. Still, if there was one thing he had learned in his time on the run it was that he shouldn't show his discomfort lest someone seek to capitalize on it. As the bartender returned, placing down the flagon and the two mugs, he pushed one mug off dismissively towards Nev and immediately filled his own. A long drawn out sip preceded his inspection of list before he flared his nostrils and shook his head. "Sorry, I can't say I know of them," he admitted, leaning forward slightly. His eyes fixed onto Claudia. "Perhaps you could tell me more about these monsters, however. I am, after all, here at the behest of the exotic beauty you entered with and I'd very much like to know why." His tone seemed more serious than it had ever been as his eyes fell cold and hardened. It seemed playtime was most definitely over.

• OMG
Reactions: Verran and junebug

Saar Shokrakar
@Kat

The Qunari could see there was no use in her words as she looked curiously at the smaller woman. Her interest peaking as she watched her cross her arms over her tiny chest. It was refreshing to see someone refuse to back down in this situation. Though, the woman's response about there being no Bas here was met with a huff and a shaking of the Qunari's head. Eventually returning her eyes towards this unique individual as she began to respond.

"Bas is a neutral term Qunari use for foreigners and foreign things. Those that are not of the Qun are referred to as such. It's translation in your tongue would be 'purposeless'. Though, while I would certainly use that term for the individuals here, like Declan for example. I believe a different term would be used for someone like you... I do not intend to traumatize the families who have lost their kin. I was only hoping there would be others that would aid in helping them. I'm no victim but I am certainly aware of what it is like to be one. If any of these people actually believe me to be a monster, than they certainly know no monsters. I'm at the ready to face such things and whatever is causing these issues deserves to meet its end. All I wanted here was a lead, to at least give me something to work with. All I have received is sorrow and drink but I do hope they treat you better than they have treated me. If you come across anything useful, feel free to let me know. I certainly am determined to kill whatever is haunting these people. Whether they want the help or not I refuse to become useless."

Finishing her words as she walked towards the barkeep to retrieve her payment. Working on the horses at the stable was all she had done recently within Sarona. Knowing full well she was going to be underpaid for her work but still accepting whatever the barkeep offered. She provided him a tool to aid in caring for the animals feet. She had no longer use for it and its craftsmanship was incredibly detailed. While it was slightly larger than what a human would use it was still crafted in a way to allow smaller hands to grip. Saar listened towards the ecstatic noises the elf began to protrude through the air as she seemed excited to meet Grey Wardens. The others largely kept themselves away as they dealt with their own business. Seeing so many in such a small place made her curious on what attracted them all here. If it was the case of the creatures it only made her more cautious of whatever might be lingering in the shroud that surrounded the small town.

There wasn't much time to think as she began to listen to Declan's response towards Lysandra. Giving much of the same he had already gave to the Qunari. Reminding the Qun of the situation she had once been trapped in and something many would view as inescapable. With few allies and little friends as her situation was imprisonment and confinement within her own body. And yet, she found someone to confide in. To help her through the ordeals and to trust with her life. Someone that helped her believe there was at least a chance in such grim conditions. Hearing these words, from someone who claimed to care about someone who was missing only began to grate her mind even more. It was causing something to wretch inside her as she listened to Declan state the same words. Saar was very intimate with the idea of being abandoned especially by those that should have cared.

Before long the Qun's fingers were reaching for Declan's shirt as they grasped the cloth and yanked him forward. Holding him still as Saar spoke the next few words incredibly clearly for the man.

"Stop wasting the time of others. If you believed us to all be doomed then I certainly will make sure it is true for you. Now help those people, before I find a way to get it out of you." She threatened as she released his chest.

"Basra..." She muttered as she stood over the man assuring he would at least retreat into the Grey Wardens unless he wanted further conflict.

Reactions: Verran
Moire Sehari

@Verran
Cahir's inexplicable signing followed by pantomime result in the Dalish Elf's brow furrowing before smoothing out in an equally unvoiced 'Ooooh!' that suggested resigned incomprehension instead of actual understanding.

Her slightly vacant follow up smile of encouragement to Cahir confirmed she had no idea what he was trying to say.

@Kat @Chile @The Dapper Mog
Claudia's decidedly unsultry response was a little disappointing but maybe just as well. Moire brightened as the Grey Wardens introduced themselves...at least until she mentioned Rahmas' wife being lost to illness.

All at once, Moire's expression fell in. Within seconds, tears gleamed from the corners of her eyes and she swallowed once, hard, before glancing over at Paige. The Mage slipped her hand into her fellow elf's and squeezed tightly. Usually a sign of giving comfort but, in this case, a silent plea for receiving comfort instead.

@The Dapper Mog
Swallowing again, Moire masterfully cleared her throat and said, "Rahmas, I know it's been some time since I was last here. But I just want you to know how sorry I am."

At which point, unless stopped, Moire leapt up from her seat, circled the table and promptly gave the Mortaliasti-turned Grey Warden a tight, tight hug.

@Kat @VengefulPeanut @Achilles @Chile
Still sniffling, Moire caught the last part of Claudia's request and peered curiously at the list of names. "We've just arrived," she said. "I don't think any of us know these poor people. But perhaps we could do a trade?"

The Dalish pointed at Paige and said "My friend and I came in hopes of asking a couple of questions of a certain dead elf. If you don't mind us borrowing Rahmas to help with that, I'm sure we'd be happy to help you out in return."

Moire looked more intently at the list of names, then shrugged. "And by help, I mean if you happen to have anything that belongs to your missing people, I'll see if I can pick up their scent." The elf tapped her nose and said "I'm rather good at it."

Whimsical and possibly slightly mad she might be but for once there's little joviality or whimsy about her. Just a simple statement of fact.

A Bit of Bad Luck

Lysandra rolled her eyes at the Qunari's explanation of "Bas", as if it mattered at this point. She'd send her back to Ben-Hassrath, if she could, for stepping out of line with the very liberation that the Qun sought to give others. She immediately assumed that the woman was not true to why she said she was here and had a wicked agenda as a Tal Vashoth. Lysandra let the woman ramble on to no one, as she'd broken the very inner balance she needed to become part of nature's balance.

Saar was asking for trouble, by the looks of it, and Lysandra hardly believed her when she spoke of wanting to kill the monsters that were haunting the town of Sarona. It seemed to Lysandra that she was the monster herself and she was the one haunting the villagers… It couldn't have gotten much more clearer than that, even more so, when the Tal Vashoth grabbed the poor blacksmith by his shirt and pulled him up to eye level.

The people at the table wanted to help; that was somewhat comforting for the senior grey warden… actually more of a relief, really. They were fighting against something they had no tangible evidence of… just rumors and sightings. She was rather good at keeping her emotions under control though, so it was no problem at all putting on a strong face and answering questions, as a couple of people at the table did.

Claudia was fascinated at Moire's trade with her friend and allowed them to ask Rahmas questions about the dead elf as they wished, so long as Rahmas was willing himself to answer. She did not, however, have anything on her that would lead them to Aleya or Callum Briandon, as Moire requested.

"We can stop by their parents' house and perhaps, your skills could be put to use then," she offered. "What do you think?"

George's inquiry was most intriguing though. He was curious about the monsters because he'd been sent by who she could only assume was Lysandra with the way he called her "exotic beauty". Claudia was more than happy to share… not that she had much to share, on account of there being no physical evidence of such things or blood, for that matter. Still, she'd give what knowledge she could because they needed all the help they could get and this man was here because of Lysandra.

"They're creatures of the night, we think," Claudia began. "Shadowy, grey, sort of blurry, really, and big. No one knows what they are and they never leave any trace of evidence from the victims they take. In this case, it was a farmer's son and daughter… Aleya and Callum Briandon. Your friend and us Grey Wardens are here to find out if this is the beginning of another blight. You can never be too cautious."

As if the situation didn't get any bigger, a sudden yell came across the tavern. Claudia's hand immediately went to her broadsword as she noticed a familiar face being held up by the Qunari and threatened with words. Declan fought hard to be let go, his body moving around and his own fingers trying to pry himself away from the Qunari.

"Let go of me, beast!" He growled, though his anger simmered down upon his last sentence, a frightened and sad tone happening. "You don't know anything! You don't know anything about what it's like!"

"Excuse me," Claudia immediately left the table and approached the Qunari with a fury in her eyes and her sword's handle in her left hand, should she find need to threaten.

"Ashkost kata," Lysandra hissed at Saar and promptly stepped back the moment the senior warden entered the scene, "Control yourself."

"Unhand Declan at once!" Claudia snapped and the Qunari let him down, muttering some foreign words under her tongue. Claudia waved Lysandra away with Declan. "You have no business coming here and terrorizing the grieving villagers. State your name and your reasons for being here. Hostilities are not welcome here."

Lysandra took the opportunity she had from Claudia to guide the hysterical Declan towards the party sitting down at the bar. God, he was such a mess, about to bubble over in grief, she decided to buy him a drink so he could be quiet for a while. Things were about to get a lot more complicated.

"This is Declan," she introduced the man to everyone… assuming the two elves were George's friends, brought along for whatever reasons he may have. "He doesn't know anything about what happened to Aleya and Callum. All he knows is that he's grieving and he feels he can't do shit about what happened near the outskirts of the forest a few days ago. What do you all have on this investigation?"

@Chile @Verran @The Dapper Mog @TheDevil'sGame @Epiphany. @VengefulPeanut @Achilles @Rook @Artorias

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Epiphany
George Townsend and Lysandra Ybanez
Sarona's Inn
Interactions: Everyone really. Apart from the horned one.

George listened carefully and intently to Claudia's explanation, largely uninterested in whatever business Moire and Paige had with the Grey Warden. As sad as disappearing people were, it wasn't uncommon in smaller villages with less protection. Bandits, wildlife, even dissatisfied kids could all be valid explanations. Still, the fact it had drawn this much attention had to speak for something. Grey Wardens, from what George knew of them, weren't often ones to be brought out on fool's errands and that concerned him greatly.

"They're creatures of the night, we think," Claudia began. "Shadowy, grey, sort of blurry, really, and big. No one knows what they are and they never leave any trace of evidence from the victims they take. In this case, it was a farmer's son and daughter… Aleya and Callum Briandon. Your friend and us Grey Wardens are here to find out if this is the beginning of another blight. You can never be too cautious."

And there it was, the word he didn't want to hear. Blight. Still, while the chances of a blight following so shortly after the previous was unlikely, it was a disconcerting thought. George had studied the blight. Pretty much all educated Fereldens were required to after recent history. While he didn't see any of the telltale signs, there was always a relative calm before a much larger storm.

Still, George had nary a second to respond as a ear-piercing shriek erupted from a man being hoisted skyward by the Qunari. George's grip on his blade remained firm as he watched Claudia depart to deal with the situation. Perhaps it was good he was being so passive. If he'd intervened he wouldn't have been able to witness Lysandra hiss something spiteful in the Qunari language. Now, aside from 'creatures of the night' which sounded all too sexy yet terrifying for his liking, the enigmatic rogue being a competent speaker of Qunari tongue was definitely interesting. Regardless of what was interesting or not, however, this situation was becoming increasingly hectic and dangerous.

George took a bitter swill of his ale, frowning on towards the altercation between Claudia and the Qunari even as Lysandra made her introduction. He didn't respond. He merely passed a glance between the others and then Declan before rising from his seat and snatching Lysandra by the crux of her arm.

"Terribly sorry," he said with a rehearsed politeness akin to a butler addressing their master. "Myself and my associate need to have a chat, quickly." No time was allotted for the others to respond as he ushered Lysandra further away and out of earshot.

Lysandra raised a brow at George's prompt excuse. She didn't complain as he grabbed her arm and they arrived down the tavern halls upstairs, away from the chaos in the bar and towards a more secluded part of the inn.

"Pleasure seeing you once more," she grinned. "Why the seclusion?"

"Perhaps I was just stealing you away for a kiss?" he jested, though the underlying tone of his voice was clear in that he was anything but jovial. "Out of interest, how do you say the word 'kiss' in Qunari tongue?"

"I don't know, I never learned that," Lysandra responded. "Ask the Tal-Vashoth out there. She knows far more than I do."

"I'm far more interested in hearing how a nice Rivaini girl like you speaks it at all," he retorted immediately, eyes watching her visage intensely for any sign of telegraphing.

The rogue pursed her lips in amusement. It was not quite what she was expecting; in fact, it was the last thing she would've wanted to be approached about. She kept the Qun to herself and she never divulged her practice to others.

"What interests you about it?"

George inhaled deeply, his severe eyes giving way to a softer expression. It was clear to see she was going to keep this tight to her chest, there was little point in trying to pry open a well-sealed lock. Taking a couple steps back, his posture became noticeably more casual.

"Just a curiosity, no matter," he conceded, clearly signalling his defeat in the matter. "Speaking of curiosities," he opened again, pressing his back into a nearby wall. "Your letter was very vague for a job that apparently involves Grey Wardens, Tal Vashoth and a merry band of Elves."

"The Tal Vashoth was a mere incident and the Grey Wardens… They've been keeping an eye on Sarona for the last couple months, so it was no coincidence that the magistrate preferred I work with them instead of against them. I enjoy risks and the king was willing to pay an exorbitant amount of coin for us to find out what's been going on and stop these disappearances. It seems he's hiding much more than intended, but I digress. The elves are not part of this. Who are they?"

"Would you believe me if I said I don't know?" he asked with a small, amused smirk dancing across his lips. "I needed directions to the tavern and, I'll admit, the idea of a human strolling into a tavern with a pack of Elves seemed like it would be funny." He pushed off of the wall, etching away at the stubble on his chin with his thumbnail. "They're dangerous, though. That's for certain. Unpredictable. If even you are unaware of their identity and intentions then that unknown variable could be a problem."

"That is a problem," she agreed. "Once we figure out this mess and Claudia is done dealing with the Tal Vashoth, we'll be on our way. I honestly don't know what's next… Perhaps revisiting the site where the children were. The villagers say they couldn't find anything, but perhaps we can take a second look. We might find something they haven't been able to."

"And this is why I like you, Lysandra: never a dull day," he chuckled. While the sentiment in his words may not have been wholly true, he couldn't deny the promise of adventure was exhilarating. In truth, he still barely knew Lysandra. Of course, they'd held pleasantries with each other in the past and they weren't strangers. He certainly didn't trust her yet. He didn't know who the 'real' Lysandra was and that made him cautious. Then again, there wasn't a person left in Thedas who he did trust, anyway. "Perhaps we should return to the bar. I'd hate for salacious rumours to be abuzz about us." His ever-present grin had a cheeky and boyish characteristic to it as he extended his hand out down the corridor. "Ladies first?"

Lysandra smirked and began to walk back towards the bar, "You know I'd prefer salacious rumors about you and I over this nonsense, but I'll abide. Let's return."

George didn't respond. Well, apart from the amused look on his face at the prospect of salacious rumours. Following in behind her, they returned to the bar area, hopefully to find it still intact and without any casualties.

ssnA1O.jpg
7fd95ca12b8d87fb60e351e7ae97825a.jpg

Paige squeezed Moire's hand back and gave her a brief soft smile that touched her eyes. Pain and loss were no strangers to Paige, in fact they were often like esteemed guests you had to clean up and make room for. She didn't know Rahmas, but she could see in his eyes the deadened expression of one who refused to invite those guests in. As for Moire, Paige gently shook her hand in reply— hey, I'm here— and had to wonder about the differences between their worlds. Moire's exposed expression was full of... purity was perhaps the best word. The kind that doesn't last long in this dark world. Paige couldn't help but feel drawn to it, and it was perhaps why she was drawn to Moire.

After Moire offered their help in trade for Rahmas' assistance, the devilish gleam returned to Paige's brown eyes. Before she could get in a word edgewise, however, the Grey Warden Claudia was out of her chair and berating the horned woman. Couldn't these adults sit still for one conversation? Trying to get anywhere with anyone was becoming tedious. Even George abruptly departed, although that was a relief. Those that remained were Moire, the mute Warden, Rahmas, and Nev. Paige crossed her arms and planted her elbows on the table.

She began to speak, shifting her gaze between Moire and Rahmas, although occasionally her eyes drifted towards Nev and the mute Warden. "Of course you're going to have trouble finding trace of missing people around here." She picked up an arm and began tracing her finger through the air, staring off towards nothing in particular. Her jaw worked silently around some words she was trying to remember. "We're at the footholds of the Hunterhorn, where the Blasted Hills are. There are all sorts of places to cover up evidence there, and the wind blows the earth bone dry, hot and red. Tracks and traces would be hard to find in that kind of environment." She looked around at the table, and her eyes opened a little wider. "Or so I've been told." She sat back upright, in a less conspiratorial position, and brought her arms back to her chest.

"If kids have gone missing," She looked between Rahmas and the mute directly, "We can find them."

@Epiphany. @Verran @Achilles @The Dapper Mog

Saar Shokrakar
@Kat

Saar noticed the smaller human woman rolling her eyes as she huffed. Finding her behavior oddly intriguing as she thought it was silly how she misused a word. She at least seemed reliable and capable of doing something compared to the villagers who had done nothing at all. Would certainly be interesting to teach this woman more about her kind as it seemed she didn't particularly take to it very well. Though the thoughts would be short lived as Lysandra came over to pry the squabbling man from her fingertips.

"Do not worry. I wouldn't actually kill him." She responded towards Claudia's voice as she allowed Lysandra to free the man from her grip. His words not offering much careful treatment in her release as she allowed him to be freed from her grip. She noticed the Grey Warden approaching with her hand on her hilt as the Qunari made no attempts to reach for any weapon. Showing no intent of causing trouble as Lysandra cursed at her and she grinned in response.

"Cute of you to know some Qunlat. Surprised you didn't know the term Bas." She allowed Lysanda to leave with the mess of a man as she proceeded to the other side of the table. Taking a seat where Declan once sat as she looked up towards the new person who came to 'deal' with her.

"I did as you told. I believe in your culture that when another individual begins a conflict it is fine for the other side to fight back." She looked over at Declan and his constant spats as she waved her hand to provide her proof.

"If I am not mistaken, many of these people spout awful things about your kind as well. Grey Wardens are not seen positively from the places I have been to. I find this surprising since from what I know your kind is particularly important. As for my business you can ask the man here, I am simply here to do business for the Qun. I have worked the stables and have provided new horseshoes for all the animals there. I troubled no one nor was I terrorizing anyone until today. Again, you may ask the barkeep as I have remained passive as all these events have happened. All it has gotten me is the blame for all their troubles and my respectful distance only grew their hate... As for name, you should know that we do not know such concepts in Qunari culture. We are given the name of our title and my title is Gena. Though, I often go by Ataashi Alnisa which is Dragon woman in your tongue. I enjoy such a name as it translates to glorious woman in our tongue. As for why I am doing this it is prescribed by the Arigena to learn more abou those outside the Qun. Knowledge and technological advancement can never remained closed and we must be open to new information that may make our craftsmanship even more reliable." She looked upon Claudia as she seemed tired of all this mess and chaos and appeared exhausted of these events. It seemed that whatever had been affecting the village had taken a toll on everyone in the village even those that were simply passing through.

"I know it may not seem like it but this potential problem is of great interest to me. Such material may be of great important to the Ari so it must be documented. I wouldn't mind simply going alone but I fear the villagers will simply attack and force me to kill them. Such events would be of great detriment to both our causes and so I remained here. I have been waiting eagerly for an intervention of some kind and lack of sleep has made me less peaceful. I do not believe I have broken any of your laws or deeds and if you were treated in such a way I imagine you would do much the same..."

The Qun pulled the hood from their face as they revealed the Vitaar across it. Painted elegantly across her cheeks as the designs hung beneath her amber colored eyes. She awaited the Grey Wardens response as she kept her arms along the table.

"Do you view me as a monster?" She questioned as she looked at Claudia carefully. Speaking slowly as she gave Declan a final look. "I've known monsters, and if that man views me as one he has no understanding of what that truly is. I could have become a monster the moment you touched that blade but I chose not. Not even when you sent that woman to 'deal' with me."

She took a deep breath and sighed. "I want to know the source of this and rid of it. I do not know if you trust me but if you are looking for allies I am available. If not, I will take my leave when you allow." She responded as she began to move her hands towards her pockets. She did this visibly as she pulled out a small pouch and looked through it. Not trying to provoke anyone nor cause any more trouble as she pulled a piece of bread from the bag. It wasn't much nor seemed filling and as she broke it up, she returned a portion back to her pouch. She began to chew on the slightly stale bread as she awaited whatever fate this person planned on giving her. Noticing the return of Lysandra and the other human that accompanied her. As well as the band of elves that were settled in as well. The other humans that varied themselves among the group was odd.

"What a strange coalition you have there. A remarkably odd one." She responded as she finished the last bits of her bread.

Last edited:
The Qunari's passive-aggressive speech did not surprise Claudia and on top of that, it seemed that the Qunari preferred to listen to herself speak above all else. Claudia snorted and crossed her arms over her chest. The truth of the matter was that Claudia felt the Qunari did not understand that in many parts of Thedas, Grey Wardens were viewed as heroes, especially in Sarona during this tragedy. Furthermore, the Qunari was silly to play victim, pretending to be scared of the villagers, when it was quite the opposite.

Claudia opened her mouth to retort, but the intervention of the barkeep held her back.

"Please," he said, glancing between the Qunari and the Grey Warden. "No fighting. This is a safe space for men and women to grieve. I want them to find solace here, not a bunch of women pulling at each other's hairs and nicking each other's throats."

The Grey Warden took a deep breath and cleared her throat, "Of course. You won't see me pull my blade on… Ataashi…"

Once the Qunari acknowledged the barkeep, Claudia went right back to her conversation.

"I don't trust you," she responded bluntly. "I don't trust anyone in the party. Furthermore, I didn't send Lysandra to deal with you— she came over of her own accord. I don't know where you went but Grey Wardens are a necessity in Thedas. We've stopped more blights than you could care to describe, we've died for our nations, no matter how terrifying it all was- watching our sisters and brothers get ripped from limb to limb or becoming a disgusting demon of any sorts. We need help in finding out what happened but our journey is not for the faint of heart or those who decide to become victims of their circumstances."

"Before you go around, assuming atrocious things to try and provoke hostilities, take a step back and put yourself in their shoes. They've lost families due to these strange occurrences and some of them, they don't even know if they're dead or alive. They are grieving, so to threaten them or pretend to play victim around them when they are just as frightened is not the kind of person we want to join in on our journey. Am I understood?"

Saar grit her teeth as she looked at the woman. Her eyes carried the understanding of exactly how these people felt.

"Understood," she whispered seeing no gain in anything else she could offer.

"Good," Claudia responded pointedly. "We need all the help we can get. We need a warrior… You have craftsmanship, you said? You've worked the stables and fixed horseshoes, which I'm sure would certainly be valuable to the group, but what else can you do? Can you wield a blade and slash an enemy in half?"

"Do you truly believe I would not be capable of doing so? You may believe me to be a liar but I could certainly rip any person here with only my hands. I require no blade to do so but here..."

Saar ended her words as she reached for something at her side and pulled out a long, thick sword from the confines of her outfit. Two long prongs headed the end of the sword and overall, the blade appeared like the maw of an animal as the shine of steel ran along its edges. Obsidian coated the center and if one had seen this kind of sword before, they could tell the weapon belonged to the Antaam— a blade crafted by the Gena that was notorious among the army of the Qun.

"Tsk tsk, I never said you weren't capable," Claudia responded with amusement, as she eyed the beautiful blade in Ataashi's hand for a few moments before her eyes darted back to the potential ally. "Only that we need men and women who can wield a weapon and for lack of a better phrase, kill when needed. Consider this investigation your first step to finding out what happened. We aren't much of a real group, honestly. Cahir will be glad to have another person on this… trip. We're heading out to the Briandon household after everyone calms their tits down. It seems some of them have a bit of catching up to do. You are welcome to join us."

"I shall do so. If you require my need, simply ask. I can provide whatever aid you may require. As for crafting, I simply need some services such as food or water. Materials will also be needed. A safe place to sleep would be appreciated. Our trust for one another may impede that though but at least know I will not abandon you in a fight… I expect the same," she breathed as she pulled herself from the table and lifted the weapon into the air before sliding it back into its holster. She adjusted her cloak to keep her body hidden as she looked down at the warden.

"Let me know when you wish to leave."

Claudia pursed her lips, "So eager."

Materials, unfortunately, Claudia and the group did not have at their disposal, but any village they came across on their journey might. Ataashi could stock up with food and water at different villages as well, and as for a safe place to sleep? Well, nowhere was safe now, and Claudia made certain the Qunari understood that before the group nearby wrapped up their conversations and drinking. Everyone head out to a somewhat quaint part of the village where the Briandon household rested at the end. Off in the far distance, one could see the entrance to the forest and some blurs of blue— the patches of berries at the edge where Aleya and Callum were when they disappeared.

That was not their goal for the moment, however, as Moire had expressed a gift of understanding where the two children had gone within the last few days. Claudia didn't show her emotions very well, if at all, but she was excited to see what Moire's magic could do. Perhaps all their worries could be "gone" when they knew where Callum and Aleya were, not that she expected much. The group approached the small home and Claudia knocked thrice before announcing who she was and the merry band of people she'd brought along to help find the missing children; a few who might be able to locate Aleya and Callum respectively and others who may find evidence the villagers could not spot near the edge of the forest. The door opened a little, creaking as a woman's beautifully aged, yet worn face barely peered out from what seemed like a dark abyss inside the house.

"What do you folks want?"

@Achilles @Chile @The Dapper Mog @Epiphany. @TheDevil'sGame @Verran @VengefulPeanut @Rook

Last edited:
Cahir clapped his hands together in silent joy at the promise of aid from the female duo. A scent sniffing elf sounded fascinating and, hopefully, useful. For it was certain that children had gone missing. Several whole families, in fact, with these only being the latest. Still, it was strange to him how much people seemed to defer to the small team of senior Wardens and one new one. However, while Lysandra was, presumedly, ensuring her own team member was caught up on the situation and was willing to help, Cahir turned to ensure that his own team was ready to begin the search.

Beginning where he assumed an explosion was most likely to occur, the mute man surveyed Claudia and the Qunari and was met by a pleasant surprise. She…she had actually managed to not cause what could be amounted to a minor diplomatic incident! Tears of utter joy sprang to his eyes as he clasp his hands together around the air while an awed smile spread its way across his lips as flowers blooming in Spring. If it weren't for the eager light in his eyes, one might believe that his reaction was satirical, and maybe some of it was. But such joy, such joy filled the young man's heart that today of all days he wouldn't wonder if he'd hear the Calling tonight for what his more vocal, though less social, teammates had done, he whirled to the remaining elf at the bar.

With eyes as a puppy, Cahir implored Eshalinev to join them on this exponentially growing expedition. The light of adventure was in his eyes and he knew that this newly forming team would be able track down the mysterious kidnapper, slaughter them wholesale, and, with luck, discover that it wasn't the Blight after all. Of course, his own intuition disagreed with his optimism, but there was little point in voicing his opinion. Even if he could.

@Achilles @Chile @The Dapper Mog @Epiphany. @TheDevil'sGame @VengefulPeanut @Rook @Kat

Reactions: junebug

Saar Shokrakar

"Are you not eager for help? I am not one to contemplate something which seems beneficial to us both. I will abide by whatever you need and as a sign of courtesy I shall craft equipment for you when I am capable. Even for the angry one once we find materials." Saar referred to Lysandra as the angry one as she was curious about the Grey Warden before her. Claudia had at least listened to the Barkeep's request as she decided not to pull her blade upon the Qun. Despite this confirmation she had still approached Saar with her hand on her hilt. In Qunari society that would be seen as a threat and one that would be taken seriously. Any Qunari would respond with a clash as any threat of violence would be met with violence. The woman did not realize how lucky she was as Saar was no Qun.

She wondered about this hypocrisy humans showed. Saying one thing while doing another? Was this due to their culture? Was it acceptable to commit to an action while saying you weren't? Her own interactions with humans had been minor at best. They had also had ignored the humans harassing her but when she does the same it was treated incredibly differently. She knew her kind was hated and for good reason too. At this rate she hardly saw much of a difference between the Qun and those of the humans. They seemed to hate the same way the only difference was the Qun was organized hate. The humans on the other hand simply carried the hate in whatever way seemed beneficial to themselves.

All Saar wanted was to be trained in magic and it appeared to be more complicated and difficult than she had planned. There was not much for her to do other than accept the offer from these people. Her thoughts would soon be broken as she noticed the Grey Warden coated in armor. Clasping his hands together as he stared at Claudia and Saar. An unsettling feeling spread across her skin as she decided to lean down to whisper in Claudia's ear.

"I understand that sleep may not be easy but please keep an eye on that one for me." Saar finished as she seemed at least pleased being called Ataashi. Such a name was a respectable word of the Qun and robbing such a thing from the cult she despised felt warranted. She eventually bid farewell towards the barkeep as she walked with the group towards their next destination. Her eyes scanned the blanket of fog that hung around the air as her ears listened for any movements around them. They were slowly approaching the edge of the village as they found the home they were destined for. The edge of the forest was in the distance and Saar kept her eyes upon it as Claudia knocked upon the door.

"What do you folks want?"

The Qun decided she would not be much in help in this and decided to gaze around the area. It was still hard to see and details were lost upon the clouds that covered the land. Even with this though there was something that bothered her as she stared upon the forest.

Very little noise emanated from the direction and as she tried to listen in, there was barely a scuttle of leaves in the distance. It was remarkably quiet and she huffed as she awaited fro the business the Warden's needed to accomplish. The forest was not easy to navigate from her memory and such a cloud covering everything. Would make it that much more difficult. Going in blind would likely not be a positive experience and she truly wondered if the rest of the group was ready to handle such a thing.

'The creatures were dangerous but if they encountered a transformed Qun. That would make this a very different encounter and one where they may need to be heavily more prepared for.'

Her thoughts were silent in her head as she took another breath to focus on their task now.

( @Verran , @Kat )