3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High, Low, Modern, Any), Romance, Supernatural Creatures, Fairytale Retellings, Mythological, Heroes' Journeys, Fandom (Bioware Games). Open to Trying Different Genres.
076ea30273c832d8ff7924ea98b64995.jpg

What? A pure fandom search?! I know, I never thought I'd see the day, but here we are.

Dragon Age is easily one of my biggest obsessions. I've played all the games (so many times), read the books (with the exception of the fifth novel), and the comics (with the exception of Magekiller). So I am very confident in my ability to portray pretty much anything in this franchise. While I have avoided fandom in the past (save for a few failed attempts), I've decided to challenge myself and try to improve my fandom roleplaying skills. Knowing myself, I figured the Dragon Age universe was one of the best places to begin. But before the plotting, the usual business.

Friendly Guidelines:
  • Length - As a rule, I prefer content be placed in order of importance over length, however it is difficult for me to stay invested in a story when the replies are too short. Because of this, I'd like to ask that my partner be able to post at least two decent paragraphs at minimum. I post anywhere from two paragraphs to a small book depending on the point in the roleplay. I like detail in posts, whether the characters are standing around chatting or exploring a never before seen ruin. The more included, the merrier I will be. :)
  • Grammar - I would like you to have a good understanding of grammar. Mistakes will happen, I fully understand that. I'm not looking for perfection, just some honest effort. Please be able to write in the third person as well and stay in the correct tense.
  • Activity – I'm a slow writer, I admit it. College and work also get in the way of roleplaying. My personal speed is a post a week or every other week depending (maybe a few a week if it's a special occasion). I can work with all kinds of posting speeds, but just know going in I'll need to take my time.
  • Planing Style - I'm looking for someone who will take an active role in creating the plot of the story with me. Plotting is easily one of my favorite parts of roleplaying, almost as much as the actual roleplay. Having an interactive partner during this process makes it more fun and productive. ^^
With that out of the way, here's a few little facts about myself. Just to let you know what you're in for.

Confessions:
  • Chatting – I love to chat with my partners whether we're talking about the plot, video games, TV shows, or books. Getting to know each other can make the writing process even more fun.
  • Characters - I can play both genders, though I have a bad habit of creating female leads (I swear I don't do this on purpose). I can play either gender though and I enjoy doing so. I can also bring in side characters of all genders, races, and ages.
  • Romance – I only do MxF relationships. No offense meant, it's just what I'm most comfortable with. I also prefer not to have sexual content in my roleplays. Kissing and actions with clothing still on is fine, I may even be talked into fade-to-black if one of the plots really calls for it (if you're over 18), but nothing explicit.
  • Violence - I'm not bothered by violence or gore, so bring on the bloody stumps and what not if that comes up. If you've got any issues with it, please let me know.
  • Language - I can handle language, but try not to make it every other word out of your character's mouth. Give the cursing a reason to be there.
While I don't have any formally thought out plots, I have a few ideas which appeal to me. Most of my ideas would have us using both cannon and original characters, so be prepared to handle multiple characters, and potentially each other's love interest if we decide to take that route. They are as follows:

- Origins Multiple Wardens – We go through the fun of one of the origins (starting with one of our characters having been recruited) and move on through the game in a sort of co-op playing (though messing with the plot is always welcome). With this one, I would like to take the human noble origin as that is my cannon warden who I've developed the most. Romance options could be debated though I've always gone Alistair romance, so I would be happiest taking him (I'd rather not have the story devolve into relationship drama, however, so if you must have the Alistair romance, I can work out something else).

- Inquisition: Inquisitor Plus New Companion – Again I could see us following the plot (more or less depending upon preference) with the addition of one of our characters as a companion for the other's Inquisitor. This could mean using another Inquisitor option who was not at the Conclave as the new companion or perhaps one of us using our Hawke or Warden as a permanent companion. In the case of one of the latter, we would change where we begin the plot to keep the story consistent (likely starting at Skyhold rather than Haven). I would be fine taking the non-Inquisitor and either using own Inquisitor as a new companion (She's a Human Noble who's back story I messed with a bit, so I could easily work her into a companion character) or using my Warden or Hawke as a new companion. They could also operate as independent agents if the need arose to give our characters space from each other. Either would work for me. If I use my Inquisitor was used (either as inquisitor or companion), I would like to keep her romance with Cullen if at all possible. Not a deal breaker if you'd rather have him, just a nice perk.

- The Warden and Hawke Go on a Trip – This would follow the plot of the comics. I'm thinking it could be interesting if Hawke and the Warden went chasing after Alistair and crew after they take off. In my mind, this would be with my Warden acting as Alistair very annoyed Queen, perhaps with a Hawke who romanced Isabella (or just a Hawke willing to join in on a wild goose chase). Other companions could join in or it could be the two testing each other's patience.

- Post-Inquisition, Pre-Trespasser Adventure! – A thought for how to further explain the Warden's actions in Inquisition, I thought it might be fun to have a situation arise after Corypheus had been defeated. My idea involves the Architect returning from Awakening and him being the reason when Warden didn't return to help the Inquisition. However the situation escalates beyond what the Warden can handle and thus the Inquisitor must step in to help. I would like to take the Warden in this one as well if it would be possible. It would probably take place in or around Ferelden and Orlais, so that we could interact with all the other characters. It also raises the stakes, considering the very recent demise of Corypheus.

I would also be willing to consider an original plot in the world with original characters but you'd have to sell me on your idea. I'm very fond of the established casts and I would like to play around with all of them if at all possible.

If any of these ideas sounds like your cup of tea, feel free to PM me and we'll talk. Until then, I leave you with what should have been your earliest warning signs.

fe446ff43c61cbee3deb2e089ca06735.jpg

Reactions: Nomad-22
Status
Not open for further replies.