Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
Online Availability
HA! I could try and answer this but it depends on the Season.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Male

To: The Most Holy, Divine Victoria,

I wish these letter for once could carry some sort of good news to you, however, that is not the case here. The sects are no longer fighting against one another. By some odd agreement, they have banded together to oppose your claim to the Sunburst Throne. To say we could take care of this problem as usual is, unfortunately, no longer an option. They have found their strength in numbers, and have started to try and weed out any traitors they can.

Tension between Orlais and Ferelden is rising. Our people are doing what they can to try and fix this, But it is not as simple as it seems. The more Orlais and Ferelden bicker, the more they bring up old wounds that we thought were mostly healed. And, as we expected, Gaspard is building his army in the shadows. He is much smarter now, or so he thinks. He has tried to hire spies outside our circle to take down members of Celene's court, but we were able to prevent it, for now. Unfortunately, an encounter has cost us one of our own.

There is still no communication from the Wardens of Weisshaupt, and our allies in the mountains have sent word that the number of Darkspawn in the deeproads is climbing. As of now, we do not know if this is just remnants of the last Blight, or if this may be a new blight slowly coming about.

With everything that happened with the inquisitor, the issues with the Eluvians and Qunari... Our world is too fragile to deal with another blight, but I am afraid that this may be too far out of our hands now. All we can do, is call upon whatever Inquisition agents lay dormant across Thedas, and send one of our own to Weisshaupt to try and bring the wardens back to Ferelden.

-Elizabelle Umbra

Blessed are they who stand before
The corrupt and the wicked and do not falter.
Blessed are the peacekeepers, the champions of the just.

-Benedictions 4:10

Blessed are the righteous, the lights in the shadow.
In their blood the Maker's's will is written.

-Benedictions 4:11

Part One: Your Call

Ravens and messengers are sent across all of Thedas. With them, they carry letters for each of the loyal, those who are still part of the inquisition, who have went home until called upon. And those who aren't part of anything, but are rumored to be assets. Nothing on the notes state the nature of the calling, It simply requests their presence at Skyhold. They leave their families, if they have them, and their homes to return to honor their duty to the Inquisition, and Divine Victoria. Waiting for them all in the yards, however, is neither the Inquisitor, nor the Divine, but the right hand of the Divine, the second most feared Spymaster in all of Ferelden... Elizabelle Umbra.

ℐovar High-Reach ℂalista De Leon

"... Is your reach always aimed this high, jovar?"

"I found him..." She mumbled to Aslog, her spirit caregiver who stood beside her, bound to a red lion, she stood tall, and quite fierce. "I don't think you should continue to pester this dwarf... he will get smart one day...' Aslog said, but Calista waved it off. "Nah... He still hasn't learned. Look, chests haven't been locked and he's down for a nap..." She said, moving to get onto the snow-covered road. Her footsteps were light, but regardless, they still made a heavy crunch with each step. The dwarf drank so badly she was sure he could piss and have himself another free pint of ale. But his drinking habits only made it easier for Calista to move over to the locked chest, crouching not 3 feet away from the snoozing dwarf as she opened the chest slowly, looking inside to see quite a few beautiful gems. No doubt they were worth a few good coins, at least. And Calista was in need of a new cloak. She looked at them for a few moments before picking the one she found more pleasing, and it happened to be a rather large, perfectly polished Emerald with flecks of lyrium inside giving it a light blue glow. She closed the chest and heard the dwarf stir beside her, grumbling to himself as his eyes fluttered open and landed on her. Calista grinned and tucked the stone into her pouch and stood. She stood for a moment looking at him, as he seemed to stare at her, still sleep dazed, before he realized who she was.

"Not again... You sodding mountain...." He growled as he struggled to get up, gripping his axe he shook it at her. Calista laughed, slowly backing away. "Nice to see you again as well, Aghrim... I'd love to stay and exchange insults, but... Places to go, you know." She said, before the dwarf came at her with his axe, and Calista took off running, skidding down a small bit of the mountain side with the short dwarf coming right behind her. He, however, fancied rolling instead of running. But no matter, his short legs were eager to catch the woman who held one of his more valuable gems.

"You nug humping, thieving little bastard you!" He called from behind her as they continued down the steep slopes, Calista laughing while ahead of her, Aslog was consistently shaking her head.
"Come on now, Aghrim, that's no way to talk to a loyal customer! I thought you'd have caught me by now, I'm doing this just for you!" She said, as she crouched down and skidded down another, longer slope that made her dwarven victim stop in his tracks. She looked back at him, grinning as she continued her descent. She leapt down a small, 5 foot drop and gasped as she saw herself barreling towards a rather tall male figure in front of her. She collided with the person, knocking the air from her lungs as they fell onto the mountain ground. She caught her breath,groaning as she heard the dwarf behind her. "Stop her! Stop that thieving little shit!" He said, carefully trying to step down the slope.

Meanwhile, Calista took a deep breath, looking down at the male beneath her and giving him a big grin. "I'm sorry about that big guy..." She said, giving his chest a pat as she got off the poor male. "Unless you're actually going to help him, I'd say you should run as well." She said, biting her bottom lip lightly before looking back to watch the dwarf stumbled again, skidding on his backside down the hill, again barreling towards them.

The male scrambled to his feet in short order, shocked that he was - for once - involved in trouble that wasn't of his own making. Blue eyes gawked at the dwarf shouting angrily and climbing down toward them for a few moments then flipped to the woman who'd quite abruptly landed on him. To say that Jovar was surprised by these sudden events was an incredible understatement. He'd just been reading, he'd swear. Didn't matter now, though, adventure was bound and determined to find him. "Swina bqllr," he told her in the blunt language of his people, tone like he was making an ordinary observation instead of cursing, before pulling the straps of his pack up his bare shoulders. "Good idea," he added before he took off down the slope, long legs and sure feet making the descent every bit as quick as it made the Avvar look more like a awkwardly proportioned mountain goat than an actual human being.

Calista heard him curse and arched an eyebrow at him. She didn't know much of outside people, but she traveled the Fade enough to come across that one. However, she didn't dwell on it long as she also took off, this time going full speed. For one who was significantly shorter than the giant male, her legs and feet were quick and precise, able to navigate the terrain so surely, it was almost as if she were one of the many animals that were native to the Frostbacks. Eventually, she heard the dwarf's words grow fainter and fainter. As much as she loved messing with the short male, she didn't want him to know where she lived. After the voice was nonexistent, she stopped running and left herself fall into the snow and laughed so hard she was near tears. "Ohhh... Worth it every time, I swear..." She breathed before sitting up. She loved the snow, fluffy, white soft. And the cold was nothing but a small bite on the wind to her on most days.

Jovar skidded to a stop after his new companion did, letting out a few panting breaths with a positively roguish grin on his face and one hand resting on his hip. In the other hand was clenched a crumpled piece of paper a raven had dropped off only a few minutes before he'd been knocked off his feet in a very literal sense by this stranger. He let out a chuckle as he eyed the snowbank she'd plopped herself into, and barely gave it a moment's thought before dropping his pack - bow, quiver, furs, food, basic supplies, and bedroll all wrapped up neatly - on the ground and falling into the snow beside her. Was that a wise decision, given he was wearing nothing but his boots and his leggings? No. Did he care in the least? No. "That was certainly something," Jovar commented after a moment, his eyes moving from a falcon circling around the peaks high above them to the woman in the snow beside him. He looked her over with an openly curious expression, but he'd wait to ask. Rude to just demand a person's name, after all.

Calista saw the male's reaction and simply gave a few more chuckles, before removing the hood from her head, revealing the long braid that hung over her shoulder and down to her hip. It was thick, and well-kept. But weaved into the braid was a blue ribbon that had needle-like spikes on it that barely showed when seen at a glance. "Yeah... Aghrim is always something. He tries but we both know that when I actually try to run from him, he couldn't keep up." She said, sighing and leaning back in the snow a bit, looking over at him, she saw the curioisty on his face and she seemed to cock her head to the side slightly. "I feel like you have a question. Seeing as I happened to knock you down, I think I owe you one." She said, smirking slightly as she pulled her trophy out of her pouch to further examine it. It was so beautiful, she wouldn't want to part with the thing. But she needed supplies. The winter had grown more harsh than the previous year, and with more hunters about after the inquisition set up shop, she was finding it hard to get the food she needed.

"One question?" Jovar asked, popping up out of the snow into a seated position with another laugh and an expression of incredulity. "Shit, wait, that was a question. I need a moment." His expression took a turn for the thoughtful, but he couldn't quite wipe the smile off his face. This was the most entertainment he'd had in weeks. Sure, he'd set out months ago specifically to explore on his own, companionless and looking forward to the peace and quiet, but he'd spent enough time alone that he missed people. Regardless. One question. Just had to choose which. "Are you hungry?" was what he finally settled on, looking back to her with a winning smile. Food would earn him some more information, certainly? "I haven't had breakfast yet." He punctuated the statement by pulling his pack over to him, ignoring the cold seeping into his leggings while he dug through it.

Calista heard him ask a question about the one question, and then the question he asked wasn't at all what she expected. She laughed lightly at his reaction, but not necessarily at him. She wasn't used to people, herself. At least, not many that were so... Unusual that she found herself curious. "Not literally one question, but I assumed you'd start with one." She said, a touch of humor in her voice. The offer of food was tempting, and in fact, she was hungry. But, she wasn't entirely sure who this was, and she wasn't always the most trusting. However, she wasn't sure if this was a situation where saying no would be good or bad. "Maybe a little..." She said, and at the mention of breakfast, she gave a small smile. "People and their odd terms for meals. Does everyone time when they eat?" She wondered more to herself than him. She was used to nibbling on bits of salted meats, cheese, and bread when she felt she needed to, but often a few mouthfuls did the trick. She found eating a little between hunting and moving through the mountains kept her light on her feet, and less likely to vomit while adjusting to the different altitudes of the Frostbacks. "I'm not sure if this is proper to inquire but, what is your name?" She asked, tucking the jewel away yet again.

With a soft noise of discontent, Jovar set down the summons he'd received on the ground safely away from the snow - and towards his new companion - and dug into his pack with both hands and renewed vigor. It was a moment before he produced part of a loaf of bread that was liberally sprinkled with nuts and grains, along with a ceramic container that could hold a couple ladlefuls of soup at most, its lid secured with a leather strap.

"Best not to grant me permission to ask questions," he remarked with a snort while he dug around in his pack some more. "We'd be here all day. Hang on, breakfast has a specific time in the day?" He turned back to her with a frown and furrowed brows, but his face relaxed in an instant. "Ah-ha!" With a triumphant expression, he produced two spoons. The ceramic container was filled with a thick stew, as it turned out, an aromatic assortment of meats and bits of vegetables or the odd herb filling the little thing to the brim. He offered it and a spoon to her. "No fire to warm it up, apologies. Still tastes good cold, though. And my name is Jovar. Jovar High-Reach, more specifically, but that addition is a long story. Feel like sharing your name? Or how you came to knock me off my feet?"

Calista scoffed at his remark. "Trust me, if you stay here long enough you'll be bombarded with questions. I don't go out of the mountains much anymore, so I don't know much about the outside world. Never knew much about it anyways. But that is neither here nor there." She said, before she heard his question and almost burst out laughing again, but forced herself to breathe. "Apparently, breakfast is a morning meal. Dinner is afternoon, and supper is evening. I never understood it but... Humans." She said with a shrug.

She saw the food, and a childish part of her wanted to do a happy dance, but she made herself be calm as she looked over it all. She hadn't had much to eat the last few days, she was on her last handful of meat and cheese, having gone through most of the bread at that point. "I could warm it for you." She said, swirling her finger and a little flame slowly started to dance around it before she closed her fist around it and it went out. "But since you say it is better cold... I will try it." She said, before hearing his name. "J... Jovar? High Reach? Is that because you are tall?" She asked, taking his name literally.

"Calista De Leon. And I did that by pure accident. not many are around these parts on the best of days, so I hardly expected to barrel into you. The dwarf, Aghrim... He's a dwarf I regularly steal from. Technically if I really wanted to, I could go into Orzammar, help with the deep roads, and get such things easily, however, there have been far too many darkspawn for me to feel comfortable down there of late." She said honestly, taking a small spoonful of the stew and tasting it a bit, keeping it in her mouth like she was checking for something before swallowing. "It is good... Very odd though. It's, what is it?" She asked, referring to why the stew tasted different from her usual. Then again, she lived off of salted meats most days, her rare stews were made of melted snow, salt, any vegetables she could find in nearby villages and salt. Never much else.

"Worse fates than being bombarded with questions by an attractive person," Jovar responded, taking a piece of the bread and noisily munching on it while he listened to Calista answer his various questions. He hummed his agreement to her "humans" comment and didn't react much to her display of magic. Between the practices of his own people and all the time he'd spent with the mages of the Inquisition, it wasn't even surprising that the one person who ran into him in the whole of the Frostbacks was a mage. Her question about his legend mark and his height got a laughing snort, though, Jovar barely managing to keep his bread in his mouth instead of spitting it over the ground. "No," he answered once he'd stopped laughing and swallowed. "No, I got stuck up on the peak of a mountain when I was a boy. Quite the tale, but the name is High Reach like my reach extending beyond my grasp? The skald was very pleased with her poetry on that one." Darkspawn piqued his interest, but he didn't ask. Probably had something to do with the summons. What was it that Warden fellow had called it? A Blight? One of those would likely serve reasons for a summons, yeah? Hm. "Good to meet you, Calista. And...well, it's just the best bits off the things I hunt, what herbs and veggies I can forage, find, or trade for, and some lowlander spices I snuck off with when I left Skyhold," he answered to her question about his stew. The spices were tucked into the bottom of his pack, wrapped in fur and well covered up. Precious items, they were, it was almost like lowlanders didn't understand their value.

Calista gave a smile at the mention of her being attractive. She'd gotten many descriptions before, Unnerving, ethereal, wild... But attractive was not one she came across often. His indifference to her magic seemed to make her that much more willing to listen, if not answer his questions and she took small bites, seeming not to understand why he laughed so hard. "You got stuck... on a peak?" she asked, not seeming to understand how that could happen. But she knew not many lived as she had so she let that one go. "What is a Skald?" She asked, popping a tiny piece of bread into her mouth.

"I never have most of those things. Grew up in the harshest areas of the Frostbacks, so what I have is what I can hunt and what I can steal. Things I can't get in either of those ways, I have to buy. Which means selling valuable items I have stolen." She said, being completely blunt about her process. But the mention of Skyhold made her pause and visibly tense up. The last time she was in that place... It hadn't been pleasant. Not in the slightest. And she was sure that was one place she wasn't all that welcome. "Skyhold, hm?" She asked, looking around to see Aslog not far off, which gave her a bit of comfort, but not enough to be completely comfortable in the current situation, with someone who'd been inside of Skyhold as a welcome guest.

"Oh! Stuck up on the peak while climbing. I got to the top and couldn't climb back down. Huntmaster had to climb all the way up after me and tie me to his back to get me back off the mountain. I was too cold to keep a proper grip by then," Jovar explained with a soft smile, his tone far more fond than bitter. "Skalds are-" He made a thoughtful noise, making a broad gesture with one large hand. "Storytellers. Bards is what lowlanders call them." He noticed her tense when he mentioned Skyhold, head tilting for the second he spent contemplating how to respond. "Aye, Skyhold. I was an agent for the Inquisition years ago. Been summoned back. Just today, actually. Not ten minutes before you ran into me."

Calista gave a little laugh at the thought. "I wish I could have seen that..." She mumbled, before she heard what a Skald was and she seemed to understand. "Ah... You enjoy this memory?" She asked him, taking one last bite of the oddly flavored, but amazing stew before offering him the spoon back. "I see... I was a... Guest at Skyhold at one point or another. I am not fond of the place, to be entirely honest with you." She said, before her brow furrowed. "They're summoning agents back? Does that mean the darkspawn in the deeproads are really a big issue?" She asked curiously. She wanted to know more, but she wasn't sure if there was much he could, or was allowed to tell her.

The Avvar gave a hum of agreement, another smile on his face as he accepted the spoon. "I do. Huntmaster kept trying to lecture me on thinking ahead, not climbing what I couldn't get down from, that sort of thing. I kept insisting it was impossible to think ahead, impossible to think in any direction because thoughts were in your head anyways. He was done with me by the time we got back to the hold." The smile fell when he turned his mind to the summons and the reasons for it. "Doesn't say why we're being called back," he answered, picking up the paper and offering it to her. "Darkspawn? Some political issue between the dog lowlanders and the mask lowlanders? Can't say. I don't imagine it's for a party, though. We already had one."

Calista laughed, shaking her head at him. "Your Huntmaster was right, you do have to plan your move as you climb. Otherwise you end up a mess on the mountain floors." She said honestly, before taking the paper and looking it over. Calista wondered just how many people that they had summoned, if it was all agents, or anyone they thought would be helpful in whatever chaos was about to be unleashed. "Interesting... Well, seems more your business than mine at this point." She said, before smiling. "It was good to meet you, Jovar. Travel safely and, try not to get stuck on any more peaks. That would be rather unfortunate." She said, giving him a playful smile.

"I'm a better climber now," Jovar defended, a smile still playing at his lips. "I can get down from the peaks I foolishly climb, these days." He returned his items to his pack, checking his arrows and elegantly curved and delicately carved bow, both hanging off the outside, before closing it up. "I doubt it's only my business," he added after a moment, sniffing once and giving a contemplative glance towards the sky. "The Inquisition is a strange bunch, with their Andraste god and their odd practices, but I haven't seen them put their noses in business that didn't need a guiding hand. Last time, it was demons. Stitching the tears in the Lady's skin. Failing meant the world being turned inside out, the realm of my gods emptied into this one. The natural order, disrupted. The world, in chaos. Well, more chaos than usual." His eyes turned back to her, eyebrows raising. "My people are out here, scattered about the mountains. Always moving. Always changing. Lowlander politcs wouldn't affect them in the slightest, and yet I still go to Skyhold. Something is wrong in the world. I can feel it in my gut. And, if my gut is wrong and it's merely humans causing trouble again, I can always return here. Return home." He stood up to punctuate the statement, hissing when he felt exactly how cold his bum was. "I won't force you to return with me, Calista, and I won't force you to stay, but I believe the gods brought us together for a purpose. Doesn't it bear investigation, at least?"

Calista laughed at his defense and shook her head the muscled giant. "Bet I could beat you in a climbing competition, High-Reach." She said, looking over his bow. Such a pretty thing, but she was never all that great at shooting arrows, or using daggers of swords. Too awkward or too heavy for her, nine times out of ten. "I do not believe in any one thing. I was raised by spirits. As such my... Mindset is very different. The idea of the Maker and Andraste is so... Odd." She said, honestly. But she knew that this was not the place to speak of such things. At his small speech about his people and Skyhold and something being wrong, she couldn't deny there was a point. But her safety wasn't ensured either. She did happen to get tortured and kill a few choice templars to escape that place. It made her wonder if they'd take kindly to her going back in. "I do not find that place safe for me. No matter the state of things now, 'hedge mages', as I was once called, are not generally a welcome bunch. But... You seem trustworthy enough. If you stay as my companion in this new place, I will go with you... I do not want to be in any part of the stone cage alone..." She said honestly, getting up as well.

"You were raised by the gods?" Jovar asked, amazed and excited at the same time, but he quickly tamped the reaction down. That was going to take explanation on both of their parts. Later, though. On the way to Skyhold...It was a freeing feeling, wanting to share his culture with someone for once. It was exciting, too, the prospect that she'd perhaps been raised by gods. This was shaping up to be a very interesting adventure. "Nevermind. Later. I'd be glad to accompany you there, Calista. The Templars hate me nearly as much as they're going to hate you, I bet. I'm basically a-" A pause, some vague gesturing while Jovar tried to find the right word. "-an abomination, that's it. So I say bring them on."

Calista raised both eyebrows at him. Spirits were his Gods? She wasn't sure if that was interesting or terrifying, since not all spirits were good. "I am basically an escaped prisoner. I may have killed a few templars on my way out, well deserved, I will have you know." She said, before patting his arm and smiling. "Abomination is a term so loosely used.... Before we go." She waved to Aslog, and the 600 pound Red Lion ran over to them from a distance. "This is Aslog. For all intents and purposes I consider her my mother. She was just recently bound to this creature. Could she come with us?" She asked, a hand absently going to Aslog's shoulder while the odd glowing blue eyes of the lion looked Jovar over.

"Lowlanders put a lot of significance on the word god," Jovar told her in response to the confused look she gave him, though it wasn't said with nearly as much bite as he usually said it. It was merely a truth instead of a remark made out of anger. "If they captured you, killing them was well deserved, certainly. If you-" He trailed off mid sentence, watching the red lion approach with the wariness of one used to fighting them. Running from them more often than fighting them, actually, massive and clever creatures they were. This was obviously no ordinary red lion, however, that was certain. It was like a hold beast. No, more than a hold beast. Those odd eyes did not belong on any natural creature. "Of course," he said with a dismissive gesture like it was a question with an obvious answer, before turning toward the lion-bound spirit, pressing his arm over his chest and bowing respectfully. "It is an honor," he told the spirit with genuine respect in his tone, lifting his head to make eye contact. "Your kind so rarely take physical form."

"I find the idea of Gods very... Odd." She said honestly. However, his remark to her being captured made her shake her head. "Mm... You don't know the half of it..." She mumbled more to herself than him, before smiling rather happily when he said Aslog could come with them. Aslog gave a small, pleased snort. 'This is a new one....' she spoke, her voice seeming to have an odd echo to it. 'It is... A pleasure to meet you as well. As for my physical form... It was necessary.' Aslog said, giving a small nod of her head before looking to Calista. "Lead the way, Jovar." She said nervously.

"Good thing leading is something I am good at," Jovar joked with a smile, feeling lighter than he had in days. He had food, he had company, he had a destination, and there was a spirit accompanying the pair of them on the journey. Quite the interesting day he'd had, and it was only midmorning. "Skyhold is a few days travel in-" he spun around in place, sharp eyes scouring the peaks for whatever landmark he was seeking. "This direction!" he declared after stopping, gesturing down the slope and towards the valley below. He hefted his pack onto his shoulders before proceeding in that direction, every bit the awkwardly proportioned mountain goat he'd been when fleeing from the dwarf.

Calista laughed, shaking her head at him and having to leap almost to pat his head playfully. "Good, Jovar. You and your... leadership skills." She said, her voice almost flirty as she looked towards the direction she pointed. To hide how nervous she was about going back, she smirked and began running that direction. "Make it a race, High-Reach?!" She called back to him, Aslog running behind her as the two challenged their new companion. At least the journey to Skyhold would be fun.

Jovar paused on stable footing, turning back to look at Calista and her spirit companion. "Done!" he called back with a roguish grin, waiting until she'd drawn roughly even with his position before bounding down the slope once again.

"...Well, yes, but I'm not usually dangling from a branch in the tree I wanted to climb, Calista."

Code courtesy of @BladeX

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Aisha, #99ccff, dotted, 10, Cinzel Decorative"]

T
he skies above Wycome were a somber sight, the dawn-light blanketing shuttered houses with a sleepy grey. Gentle noises from the city's early risers thrummed throughout the streets, as doors are pushed open and tentative feet fall upon the pavement, and none paid mind to a cloaked woman as she hurried down the market district. She slowed to a walk on a bend leading to the reformed Alienage, fidgeting with the bundle in her arms, before her steps resumed their initial rhythm down the path. The road was quite long, and full of unused land on either side, as none of the local nobility had petitioned to buy it yet- the proximity to the elven rats was a huge turn-off. For the longest time, the fields were left unattended if not used as a dumpsite for all things broken and unneeded.

That was until the Dalish arrived. Now, when she rounded the last curb, the sails of their landships greeted the eye, colors vibrant even under the drowsy overtone of the early morning. The woman's destination was easy to locate; it was one of the foremost aravels, stouter and shorter than the rest, and surrounded by a swath of bedrolls, all save one with a slumbering inhabitant of its own. The dewy grass crunched underfoot when she treaded off the street. All at once several pairs of eyes were upon her, glistening in the low light with a keenness that defied the time. When the Dalish realized that the human meant no harm, she was here for the reason most everyone was these days, then they slowly resumed their morning activities. Some more hesitantly than the others; she spied the wizened craftsmaster, and a hunter poking the ashes of last night's bonfire, eyeing her with no small amount of caution as she wandered deeper into their camp. Clan Lavellan was kinder than its cousins, and the recent months in Wycome submerged in human and non-Dalish contact have made them more accepting than ever, but they still had enough cause to remain alert. There were always troublemakers.

The healer was draped over the entrance of her landship, a thin arm draped protectively over the curve of the crib beside her. The woman took in more details as she approached; the tangled mess of knots which was the elf's hair and the greenish smudge on her left cheek, the dirtied state of the apron she wore over her Dalish garb, and the slight cooling tang of healing magic in the air- recent, and just now fading from the senses. When she hesitated to come any closer out of consideration to the obviously weary mage, the figure she held squirmed and whimpered- which was enough to rouse the healer from her sleep.

Aisha slipped out from her nap with the grace of a rampaging druffalo. Her hand had already grasped at a nearby clay jar and she was already half-standing before her startled visitor could even think to stop her, bleary-eyed over the crib with her free hand pressed against the infant's brow to check for temperature. She was both confused and relieved that a moderate- and otherwise unremarkable- heat met her touch, and was about to resume her snooze right then and there, when a soft cough from somewhere else caught her attention. "Oh. Hello there!"

A human lass, a few years younger than her it seemed like, was timidly holding out a small dog. Aisha smiled at the stranger before giving the adorable little beast a scratch behind the ear, which was received quite well despite whatever ills it must have had to be brought here. "He hasn't been eating the past few days, so I thought the Circle could help, but they said it wasn't that important and I didn't have enough money for a potion. Well, you're a healer, aren't you? I haven't much to give but…" The girl mumbled as her pet was carefully eased out of her embrace, with the Dalish mage inspecting it to the best of her abilities against its commendable enthusiasm to lick her in the face. Aisha stifled a laugh when the vigorous puppy managed to get her, despite her efforts to stay professional. The girl mirrored her pleasant mood, relaxing visibly. "If he's this energetic, I doubt it's a big problem yet. It's good you acted early. What's his name? What a good, good boy. But to be sure, why don't you sit down somewhere," she stepped down from her aravel and turned to the right, where a bunch of log 'seats' were. She moved one closer with her foot and sat on it, with her visitor taking the space beside hers. "And tell me the details. Then I'll give you something that ought to help. Oh! And there's some bread from last night on my shelf, if you're hungry. Feel free to take some."

And thus the day began for Aisha Lavellan, mage, healer, and apparently dog extraordinaire. She knew it was only going to get busier from then, what with her patients waking up, but she didn't expect...
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Revas, #483D8B, dashed, 10, Cinzel Decorative"]

"A
ss!"

"Oh, calm down, da'len." A severe-looking elven woman, with a thick auburn plait interspersed with graying strands, nonchalantly interjected as she attached luggage to the saddle of a russet horse. "And try to keep your language friendly. Ishael's children are of that age where eavesdropping is a task worthy of devotion." She smoothed the cloth of one of the lowermost bags before turning to face her ward, who was pacing back and forth with a restless energy. She watched him with an enduring look on her weathered face, meaning this wasn't the first time such a scene had come to pass.

Revas Ithariel, one of the agents the Inquisition had deemed worthy to recall, was busy storming up ways to delay his return.

After a while, he paused and stared at his mother figure, a wicked grin growing on his face. "We could always say the raven got eaten by wolves."

"In the sky?"

"Why not? Fen'Harel probably flew when He locked the rest of the pantheon away. Or if that screams 'odd' too much we could say one of our hunters got irritated by the cawing and shot it down. And ate it. For dinner. I know I'm having fantasies about bird roast now, after all that. It was irritating."

"Perhaps if you had stopped immediately instead of urging your mount to break off from the path and delve into the forests, it wouldn't have gotten so agitated in the first place," Eralinas reminded him, though not without a hint of fondness in her tone. It's hard to believe that something so immature could come from one of the Clan's best blades. "You can't say no to the Inquisition, can you? Tel garas solasan. For shem'lens, they've been exceedingly gracious, even allowing us to copy those strange texts in that hidden library below the keep. We must comply."

Revas exhaled, loudly. "There's also that whole 'saving the world' bit. They're not making it easy, are they?" He took another glance at the piece of paper he had wrested from that vengeful messenger bird. "It's like a bad date, except I can't exactly refuse because I might get stabbed. Halam'shivanas, indeed."

So there, fast forward a day or so, and he was on the way to Wycome. Thank the Creators their clan returned to the Free Marches. If they had been in Rivain, or worse, he really wouldn't have returned- Inquisition or no. But, back to Wycome. The city wasn't a great sight. When it first greeted him over the rise he was half-tempted to book it, but ever since the Inquisition meddled with that snotty Duke the place had been a safe haven for his kind. Incidentally, that was one of the reasons Eralinas cited to get him going. With a tut, Revas urged his mount to trot down the slope. If he was right, Clan Lavellan's archivist should be done cross-referencing the texts they borrowed by now. So, off to remind them of that! ... Hell, if Kirkwall and Tantervale had any Dalish clans in the vicinity, he would've gone and visited them too!

Really, he wasn't that bothered about it, but hey, any excuse to keep from rushing back into the sweaty embrace of the eyeball soldiers. Gods, those regulation outfits were the real horror.

So imagine his surprise when he walked into the camp, and their healer was going around bidding her goodbyes to the rest of the Clan. He remembered her all too well; you don't tend to forget the person who stayed by your side while you were having delusions because a poisonous snake bit you on the ass. Apparently she had been summoned too- no doubting the need for her kind of talents, they would surely need someone to stitch their guts back in if it fell out- and was planning to leave within the day. Seeing that they were going the same route anyway, and more importantly that she was not even remotely done compartmentalizing her colossal herb collection for a travel pack, Revas suggested that they return together. Aisha agreed.

So. Two Dalish elves walk back into the Frostbacks…
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
AUGUSTUS FLAVIUS IV ⚚
Ah Redcliffe… the first and last line of defense for the nation of Ferelden. Quainter than he thought it'd be but infinitely more forgettable as well. Augustus sneered but it was because the guardsman in front of the Alchemist carried his prized coat with little care. He watched with growing aggravation as the tips of his tailoring flirted with the red dirt below.

Augustus wanted to conk the poor sod on the head but with the chains cuffed around his wrists what he wanted was hardly of importance. Indeed, the man of Tevinter was in a bit of a pickle.

"It was a misunderstanding sir, I swear it. I had no intentions of stealing the herbs. I simply forgot to pay for them before pocketing them you see!" He began with a measured amount of charm and a smile, pausing alongside his heart when his coat suddenly got snagged on a rock. Whatever practiced charisma he possessed melted into complete, utter horror.

IF THERE WAS SO MUCH AS A TEAR ON THAT COAT OF HIS AUGUSTUS SWORE ON ANDRASTE'S BLOODY BOSOM THAT THE HE WOULD RUIN THE MAN.

"Be careful you slop! That is no way to handle such a delicate article of fashion!" The vint cried, rattling the chains as he threw up his hands in protest. The Ferelden guardsman turned back to him and yanked the chain back down with a growl, clearly not amused by his antics.

"Shut yer' mouth if you know what's good for you freak." The guard spat sharply, his eyes remaining pointedly on the other man's irregular scarring before turning away. The threat was supposed to quell him but in truth it only did the opposite, the Alchemist found himself something furious... a sentiment which he could only guess was shared by the elven woman chained behind him.

vPDYrQM.png
ALEXEI ADAIR ⚕
Alexei roused slowly, a familiar warmth still tinting her defined cheekbones. Her hair was, unsurprisingly, an absolute mess and she could smell the booze in her unladylike yawn. Gross, but the definite telltale sign that last night was a very good night.

Shuffling in her wrinkled dancer's garb, Alexei moved over to the railing looking down at the rest of the Herald's Rest. It was noon, she guessed with a mutter and a grin.

"Mmhm definitely too busy to be mornin but not enough people at the bar for it to be evenin. 'Suppose now's a fine of a time to wake up as any other."

Alexei reached out and yawned once more, her lithe frame stretching to start off her morning.

Nearly half an hour later the dancer finally descended from her quarters, her orange dress still slightly wrinkled and her hair not quite untangled, but despite it all she flashed a confident smile and she began to feel that hint of fire underneath her feet. Alexei needed to move and get out there, to sing and to laugh.

Today was an important day for a chosen few individuals in Skyhold but Alexei Adair was none the wiser, by the time she hit the first floor the dancer by both trade and passion was content to entertain the rest of the day away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arvim, Some Tavern in Ferelden

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The roaring laugh's of Ferelden's Taverns were always lively and a blast to be a part of. Arvim had traveled to many countries, and taverns alike but none of them lived up quite like those from Ferelden and the diversity that ran so deep. The Marchers were probably second on his list and the rest were a pale comparison. "Another round for my new Qunari friend here!" A human male, in his mid-thirties wearing age-old armor that has seen better days waved his hand for the nearest waitress to bring more ale to the table.

Arvim sat at the table with his new human friend who called for another round. Compared to the human, Arvim was lacking in dress as he only had a pair of trousers and leather boots on him. The heavy, fur cloak that he received from the Inquisition was laying across the back of his chair. The greatsword propped against the table.

"I'm not a Qunari." Arvim's face had gone neutral and almost looked like he was angry. Only moments ago he was laughing and drinking his belly full.

"Uh...oh...then" His new human friend didn't know if he had pissed off the large man before him by calling him a Qunari. Arvim tried to keep his stern face before breaking out into a laugh again and slamming a large, heavy hand on the human's shoulder. "I'm technically a Vashoth. I understand how it may be confusing for you. You are Ferelden and someone from Orlais is Orlesian but both are still Human." Arvim was speaking by the time the waitress brought the next rounds over, and Arvim was quick to grab his mug and poured half of it down before finishing his thought. "But for my people...A Qunari is someone who follows the Qun. I was not born into the Qun nor do I follow it, therefore I am not Qunari." Arvim spoke fluently and with ease, even after having several pints of alcohol in his system.

The human on the other hand seemed to be trying to keep his head from imploding. "Then...what are you?" The male asked, slowly and confused as he pushed the mug away for a moment to try and clear his mind.

"I don't know what my people's 'name' is. Perhaps the Qunari know, or maybe they don't after following the Qun for so long now. But it does not matter my good friend, we have strong ale to drink!" Arvim raised his mug up past his shoulder before downing the rest of it.

The human raised his mug to that and drank down a portion of his ale before setting it down to speak again. "What brings you through here anyways?" The male asked, curious to know more about Arvim's reason for being here.

"Me? Looking for a good fight, drink or woman while I'm heading to Skyhold. A few years ago I was working for the Inquisition, and I received a recall letter." Arvim grabbed the pitcher of ale in the middle of the table that the Waitress had left for them and poured himself another mug before drinking it half down only seconds later.

"I should stop for the night. Find a place to sleep so I can get moving tomorrow morning." Arvim said, finishing his last mug before grabbing the cloak from behind him, making sure that it was relatively clean of any tavern funk or alcohol. Once it was inspected he stood up, towering over seven feet tall as he wrapped the cloak around his body and making sure it was fastening around his upper torso.

He would hole up on the side of the road if he had too, but Skyhold was only a day or two's walk away from him now.

Amelie de Chevin
b3zrPSp.png
Amelie walked out of the guest quarters of Skyhold, her boots thudding softly on the ground as she entered the gardens. In general, she loved the place. It was filled with small herb nurseries, flowers, trees. And for the most part, the Chantry had made it a place for reflection. However, the Chantry's presence in the gardens made it a place she shied away from. She was sure that more than one of the Chantry sisters, of not the mothers, knew her there. And if half of them knew or heard of what she'd been up to, her parents would hear about it, and there would be retainers and messages... Meetings. It was an unpleasant mess that the red head would rather avoid.

She skirted the area with her hat tipped down over her face, making it out into the main yards of Skyhold. She sighed and tilted her hat back as more of the common folk were who she'd be dealing with at that point. And, as always, the first place she went was The Herald's Rest. As a Bard, it was simply a perfect place to enjoy spending some time. But the Orlesian side of her wished that the place was in a better, less shabby state. But she made due.

Waking into the tavern, she was welcomed by the greetings of a few she'd often stuck up conversation with before going over to the Barkeep. She wasn't as fond of ale as she was the rich, sweet wines of Orlais, but she sucked it up on most occasions and took the ale where she could.

She watched as a Navarran woman danced around the place. She was an entertaining dancer, not someone she'd worked up the nerve to actually speak to, but Amelie loved to be able to watch people dance. It'd been so long since she herself had been able to.

She got herself and Ale and found a place to perch while she sipped on the beverage. Not the greatest way to start the morning, but she figured that one drink before the meeting of all those called all over Thedas came about wouldn't hurt a bit. Might even make dealing with... Whatever news they had, that much easier.

b3zrPSp.png

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Warden
Arvim, Skyhold ---> Herald's Rest

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The trip time was cut in half when Arvim was able to peg a ride from a wagon who was bringing supplies for Skyhold, more specifically for Herald's Rest. The wagon was loaded with inventory and guarded well, but the added help of a Qunari guarding it couldn't hurt anyone, only the bandits that may now think twice about raiding something filled with no valuables but ale, food and various other small items of no value. When the wagon finally arrived at the grand fortress, Skyhold, it had reminded Arvim of the first time he ever visited the fortress. He was recruited to be an agent, in need of work and Thedas was burning down around him so why not do something good and get paid for it too? The gates opened and welcomed the caravan of supplies and returning agent inside the restored fortress.

He had actually missed this place, it was like a home to him. Something he has never had in the past, the camp was always moving when he still worked for his Parents, and even after he left the band of Vashoth, he was still always travelling. Looking for a new job, new adventure and never staying in one place for too long. Skyhold had been the longest set place he had been in for more than a month.

Unfamiliar faces greeted him, welcoming him back to the Inquistion and that they others are still arriving. So he had actually arrived earlier than others? That meant he could spend the free time doing one of the best things in life. Drinking! Pulling the greatsword from the wagon, Arvim adjusted the pin holding his cloak around his upper torso before walking over to Herald's Rest and swinging open the wooden door.

"A pitcher of ale, barkeep!" Arvim was half-yelling as he approached the countertop, slapping down his pay before taking the pitcher and mug that was given to him. Ordering just a mug of ale was slow, and he rather just get a large pitcher of the stuff and pour it himself when he needed more.

Taking up residence at an empty table, he placed the mug and pitcher down so he could set his Greatsword aside and propped against the wall. Next he pulled his cloak off and laid it across the back of his chair before he took a seat in said chair and poured his mug full before downing it in an instant and refilling the mug. This time taking the second drink much slower.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Roald the Red

Skyhold | Herald's Shit Bucket Rest

The blond man leaned in, his voice not lowering even though he closed the distance to his compatriots. They were gathered around a table, all drinking, all flush in the face from intoxication, and their volume slowly escalating. The tavern was not a fancy thing. It was stuck in the middle of an Orlesian-Ferelden border town. The town was mostly on the side of Orlais, which apparently gave them entitlement. Still, it was just as mud covered as any Ferelden village, and the architecture here reminded Roald of the town halls back home

"Stinking Ferelden think he can come into our tavern," the blond said. He was the next table over, but Roald heard him as clear as day.

"Ferelden, you mean dog lover? Eh?" another one responded, ruddy in complexion and his proud Orelsian accent murkier than his compatriots.

They all lifted their tankards in a salute. They didn't feel ashamed that was Ferelden in nature? Maybe they were so backwater that Orlais didn't think it necessary to give them glass cups and flutes. An effeminate Orelsian man made eye contact with Roald before looking back to his friends.

Roald pressed his hands on the table before him, pulling himself up. He was an assortment of worn armor, furs, and battle tried muscle. Slowly, he made his way over to the bar, but he didn't stop listening to their conversation.

"No," the effeminate Orlesian started to say, "you mean dog fu—" was all he got out as Roald soundly brought his mug, wrought wood and iron, across the back of the man's head. His words died, and he collapsed on the table before him.

"And I didn't even spill any," Roald said, taking a drink.

Roald expected the table of the man's compatriots to stand, but what he didn't expect was the entire tavern to find fault with him. None of them had weapons but they had intoxication and fists to back them up.

"Oh, Maker's flaming balls. This's is going to hurt," Roald said.

---​

Roald lumbered into the inn that he had been staying at for the past week. His face was a hodgepodge of blood and bruises, and his clothes were covered in mud. He tried to wipe the blood and/or mud from his face only to get more blood and/or mud on his face.

During the day, the inn owner's daughter watched the place. She was a nice girl, sweet, and very good with money. At night, her father kept an eye on the place like a hungry mabari watching a slab of meat. He was a man that was constructed out of the word "staunch." His hair attempted to flap over his naked skull, his jowls were overly fleshy, his eyes were swallowed by strong brows and cheeks, and he had a nasty underbite. Yet, he was smart and resourceful. Roald had only been here a few weeks, but he understood that the man was an expert on making coin and profit.

"Ferelden," he said. "You have a letter."

"You say 'Ferelden' as if the entire country isn't a few blocks away," Roald ruffed. His face hurt, so much, and he wanted to get sleep.

"Very well, you don't have a letter," he said. "Get some sleep, you look like shit."

Roald extended his hand.

"It came by crow," he said.

"A literal crow, or someone named Crow?" Roald asked, eyeing the missive. It was perfectly stamped with an insignia laid into wax. He couldn't make out what the decorative ribbon and embellishments leant to it, but he knew it was important.

"A literal crow," the man said, setting it down on the bar.

"Sorry, but I can't tell with you people." Roald picked the scroll up. Out of curiosity, he smelled it. It smelled like—bird? "I mean you have friends you refer to as Nug-Faced-Franks, Badger-Nosed-Ian, and Two-Eyed-Jimmy. That last one makes no sense to me," he said, motioning to his face, which contained his two eyes. "So, you could know someone named Crow."

Ignoring Roald, the man continued, "that's the Inquisition symbol. You in trouble or somethin'?"

"That they would warn me I was in trouble in a backwater town in Orlais? Probably not. Maybe the crow just dropped out of the sky at the stench of this place, and you mistook it for a letter." Roald waggled his finger. "Shame on you for interrupting Inquisition business."

The inn owner lowered his brows, and became more jowly—as if that was possible. It was a sign that Roald really needed to find his room. And he did just that.

Sometime later, Roald squeezed himself into a massive metal tub. He'd heated up some water over the fireplace while he washed the mud and/or blood out of his clothes. Now his bath was just right, even if he barely fit in it. His legs thrown over the side, his arms having to use the sides as rests. Honestly, the only thing below water were his bits and his belly. He scooped up some water and splashed it over his head, wetting his black hair and dampening his trimmed beard. His eyes latched onto the letter, again, sitting on the makeshift pile of hay and blankets that constituted a bed in his shit town.

"Should just burn it," he said. He scooped up another handful of water and ran it over his broad, muscular chest, soaking the dusting of black hair that covered it. "Then again, it could lead to money." He patted his soft belly underneath the water. Maker, he really needed to lay off the drink. He'd always been a big guy, but he was noticing strain in his armor as-of-late.

He stared at the missive for a second longer. "Andraste's perfect tits, fine." He stood out of the tub, mostly clean, and pulled his dry robe over his body, not really tying it. Flopping down on the bed, he reached over to the knife that he kept under his pillow and sliced the seal off. The first line immediately sent a shiver down his spine.

"Roald Franderel, —" the letter went on from there. Yet, his eyes kept clipping back on his last name. No one knew his last name. He'd burned it with all the bridges of leaving his home. If the Inquisition knew who he was and found him this easily—could he just ignore them? "What are you doing?" he asked to no one. "I know what you're trying to do. You're trying to fix me. Well, you shouldn't have broken me in the first place."

He fully laid out on the bed and sighed, pushing the missive away. Slowly, sleep took him. Red. Slick. Curved. Bones freed from the flesh of their fingers. Tendons still tightened, holding onto a knife. A knife that was not wet with any blood. Abdomen open, innards pouring out like worms. Eyes. Cold. Alone. Mouth. Screaming for help. He could practically see "Roald" on her lips. He jerked up. The room was cold and dark, the fire having gone out some time ago. He shivered, but not against the cold. Fine. He'd go to the Inquisition.

Roald threw his coin on the counter to pay for his stay. The innkeeper was still there, then again it was just the gray of morning. "You in a hurry somewhere?" he asked.

"Of course," Roald said. "I'm off to go fuck your wife. If I don't get there early, the line gets half-the-town long."

The man huffed. "Well, whatever you're doing, I hope it's better than your sense of humor."

Roald laughed. "I'm hilarious. You're just rammed up your own ass too far to see it."

"Would explain all the shit I'm seeing now." The innkeeper flashed a small smile.

---​

Skyhold was an idiotic name in the idiotic mountains covered in idiots. It was hard to find, even though it was a massive castle. No one mentioned that it looked like the landscape that surrounded it. It was problematic to get up to. Roald's horse was throwing a tantrum every half-a-mile or so. This was a ridiculous idea. He could still be wallowing in his nice, warm bed in that shit mud town. No. Here he was trying to "follow his destiny." He hated the way his mind twisted things and made them seem more like fate than they were. That's how all these problems had started. He'd thought he'd been doing some good.

Roald shook his head—no. When he looked up, an Inquisition guard was staring awkwardly at him. How long had Roald been sitting here, on this horse, having an internal debate? No matter. He flashed his missive. The guard looked it over and waved him on.

Once he reached the stables, he slid off his horse. He pulled his mace, the large, bladed half, about the size of someone's head. It was huge and heavy as his reinforced shield. He looked around. There were no banners, no great fanfare, just a drab gray castle—well its innards anyway. What was he supposed to here? His entire body hurt from travelling. He hadn't ridden a horse for that long before. Or, if he had, he couldn't remember the last time.

It was then that his eyes laid on a tavern. "Oh, thank Andraste's milky tits," he said, not as under-the-breath as he wanted to. He moved towards it, nearly slapping the door open as he passed through the threshold. He was cranky and sober and ready to remedy that. "Wow, this is the wondrous Skyhold. Seen pig anuses with more class." He grunted, moving towards the bar, giving a passing glance to the patrons. "Filled with what looks like rotting pig anuses."

Elizabelle Umbra

It had been roughly two weeks since the summons had been sent out, and three since Elizabelle Umbra had sent her letter to the divine. She hadn't expected to be called in herself to speak with the Divine on the matters at hand, but she had been. Their conversation had been rather lengthy. There had been a lot of discussion about what should be handled first, and it seemed that the possible war between Orlais and Ferelden took precedence. Which made sense. So far, the two countries had been more concerned about petty bickering than keeping an eye out for other threats. Given the sudden activity in the deep roads, it was likely that the one thing they needed at the current moment, was unity. Even if it was strained. There had to be priorities.

She left the window, knowing the time had come to address the agents they had called back. She turned and headed down to the yards, wherein she saw most of the Agents had begun to gather. She stood in front of all of them, her hands behind her back and simply waited until she was sure that at least the majority were present. Once she was sure they were all there, she got right down to it.

"I would start this off with pleasantries and welcome, however, such things are not at all why I called you here. As you may have already guessed, this was no summons that would end in festivities and drink. The situation at hand is far too dire for that, unfortunately." She said, setting the tone of the meeting. She was all business, and her expression said as much. Much like her mentor, she was rather stoic and cold. She knew what needed to be done, and it was clear she meant to do it. "We previously assumed that, after the new Divine had been appointed and most domestic matters settled, that the following days would be about adjustment, finding a way to make our peace in a world that was previously war torn. However, more concerning things have been happening. Obviously, there is tension between Ferelden and Orais but it is reaching new heights. Both sides are reaching for their swords. While one may assume this is not an issue, that it will simply be settled in battle, unfortunately, we can't afford such." She said, making eye contact with as many Agents as she could.

"We have gotten word from the dwarves that Darkspawn activity has risen as well. Many Darkspawn are resurfacing, and with no word from Weisshaupt, it's unclear whether this could be another blight or if it is simply remaining numbers from the previous blight growing restless. And without a Grey Warden to tell us as much, we are in the dark. Focusing on petty wars between countries, rather than this threat, will likely have us end up where we were years ago." She said, before turning to each of them. "We need our Agents back, and anyone who is willing to help... All of you will be given a mission, of which you will gather with fellow agents to help complete." She said, her hands coming forward to hook into a spiked leather belt hanging around her hips. "However, these missions will be handed out tomorrow. Tonight, get settled. Reacquaint yourselves with one another. It's been several years since so many of our agents were gathered, after all. Gather here tomorrow morning for your assignments."

Speech finished, she stepped back and turned on her heel, aiming to return to her duties and allow her agents time to recuperate from their journeys.
Amelie de Chevin
Amelie watched as a rather disgruntled, dark-haired Ferelden man walked into the bar. She heard his comments as he passed her, and all she could do was laugh from under her fancy, feathered hat. Getting up from her chair, she decided to have some fun with the man. After all, it'd be a little while before the meeting started anyhow. At least, it'd be a good few minutes.

"Well now, I feel like the only rotting pig anus here is you, sir..." She said, almost a head shorter than the male, but regardless, she showed no fear of him as she patted his chest. "In fact, from where I am standing, one could say you even smell like one. You could truly use a bath, my darling..." She said, taking out a silk handkerchief, she wiped a spot of dirt off his face before tucking it into his belt and giving him a small wink. "Do me a favor, finish this off for me, Ferelden? There is, after all, an important meeting I'd rather not be late for. And you seem like you're hardly here for something of that level." She said, thrusting her half finished ale at him.

She turned towards the door and looked back. "Oh, and... Welcome to Skyhold, love." She said, opening the door to step outside. The sunlight was much brighter at that point, obviously. It was nearing noon, and he green eyes needed to adjust to the bright lighting. Heading out to the yards, she saw that many of the Agents were now gathering for the meeting, and she found a place to stand and listen to the speech.

Each bad thing mentioned got tallied in Amelie's head. She she consider contacting her parents to find out how bad it really was? She knew there had always been issues between Orlesians and Ferelden, but she never thought that it was so bad that there was a possibility of war. They had just finished fighting one another decades ago, if not nearly over a century. What was really going on? Not to mention the idea of another Blight. Though Amelie had wanted adventure, she wondered if she was the right person for such an occasion. Then again, they wouldn't have asked her to come to the meeting if they thought she was incapable.

Once the meeting drew to a close, she sighed and rubbed her forehead. "I need another drink..." She muttered, looking up, she saw an elf, blonde hair with bright blue eyes. She looked incredibly familiar, but she couldn't put her finger on it.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Laisa the Templar & Nihumer the Huntress

Val Royeaux ➳ Skyhold

Nihumer homed in on her quarry. He darted through the tight alleyways of Val Royeaux. He looked over his shoulder as if he was proud to have lost the Inquisition's people. The qunari said nothing. She just smirked as she released her arrow. It was long and had the backing of all her strength. So, it moved through the air fast and sharp, piercing the back of his knee and and pinning him to the ground. He cried out.

Knowing that she didn't have much time, Nihumer swung off her perch down to a balcony. An Orlesian noble screamed, but the qunari just made a face before leaping down to the next balcony and then to the ground. She approached the downed man.

He yelled at her in muffled aggression. His face was turned away, and so Nihumer couldn't make out the exact words, but she assumed he was very angry given his tone and direction. Without any provocation, she plopped down on the man, resting her rear against the small of his back. There was more muffled screaming. She stretched out and looked over her bow. He turned his head around to her and started speaking, she concentrated on his lips. The word "bitch" flew around quite a bit. She pulled the arrow from his wound, which prompted more muffled screaming. She dug her fingers into it.

It was then saw Laisa and made a vague circle motion. "Friends?" she asked. "Magic." She frowned. She was not well equipped to deal with mages, no matter the race. For every arrow, they had a flame ball, and Nihumer had seen enough fire. Of course, she was not Nihumer to the members of the Inquisition, she was Horns. Most people jumbled her name, and it was hard to read their lips when they addressed her. So, she was fine with Horns.

Laisa arrived just after Horns settled herself down on the back of the man Laisa had been pursuing through the alleyways of Val Royeaux, her movements unusually quiet as she skidded to a stop to take in the scene. She was used to her full armor, used to its clanking as she moved and used to feeling its weight while she ran, but for this one venture she had forgone the heavy armor and all the noise that came with it. The Templar symbol on its chest plate drew far too much attention these days. A gambeson would have to do, in terms of protection. The lack of noise was a bit disorienting, when she gave herself time to think about it, but she didn't.

Determined strides carried her over to her companion and their quarry, hefting her greatsword while she looked the poor bastard over. Effectively pinned to the ground, spitting curses and threats with an arrow in his leg. An arrow that was removed only a moment later. Laisa almost felt sorry for him. Almost. Horns' gesture caught her eyes, then the templar spun on her feet to look around at the high buildings around them. Mages. The reason she, specifically, had been selected to go on this mission. She expected a rain of fire from the rooftops above, perhaps an ice shard or at least the flash of a spell being cast, but it seemed she expected too much of the mages they'd been pursuing.

There was more muffled complaining from the man underneath her. Nihumer lifted herself up and the plopped back down on him, causing the air to evacuate from his lungs like a punctured water bladder.

"The hornhead shot Asher!" shouted one of them, sticking his head over the railing of a balcony above.

Alright, Nihumer needed to stop toying with him and tie him up. She reached for her rope and saw the head of one the men they were pursuing poke up from above them. She couldn't really make out what he said, but she was damn sure it was insult. Humans were usually rude.

"Who did wha-" shouted the other, the mage appearing in the end of the alley Laisa had just come from. He stopped so fast he nearly tripped over his own feet, gesturing frantically towards Laisa with his staff. "Oh, shit, that's a Templar!"

Laisa bared her teeth and growled at him by way of confirming the assumption, then bolted in his direction. The mage panicked and ran toward Horns instead of back the way he'd came, beginning a deadly game of keep away with the templar, dancing around his fallen compatriot and Horns while he tried to keep the edge of Laisa's blade away from him.

With as much haste and precision as Nihumer could manage, she bound the man's legs. It wasn't a very good knot, but he was also injured. She stood up, at that moment, to take care of his arms when she saw one of mages bolt straight towards her. Was he daft? Surely, he didn't think he could take her? He wasn't even trying to cast a spell. The audacity of these small, blabby things. It was then that the mage pivoted hard as his heel and ran back towards Laisa before realizing that was also a poor idea. He turned again, nearly hitting a wall.

"Cast a damn spell, Yoric," the mage above Nihumer yelled. Not that she heard it. But the noise did draw her attention back to him. Alright. Laisa could take on the ground mage. She needed to take care of this man on the balcony. She shrugged the bow off of her shoulder and knocked an arrow into it. The man ducked behind the balcony again. She let it lose, hopefully spooking him into leaving his cover.

The mage on the ground, Yoric, nearly ran smack into a wall as Laisa got close to him, and he wasn't quite fast enough to dart out of her reach after his slow recovery. She cornered him fast, blade extended and ready to prepare some ward for whatever desperate spell he might cast.

"Cast a damn spell, Yoric," the mage above Nihumer yelled. Not that she heard it. But the noise did draw her attention back to him. Alright. Laisa could take on the ground mage. She needed to take care of this man on the balcony. She shrugged the bow off of her shoulder and knocked an arrow into it. The man ducked behind the balcony again. She let it lose, hopefully spooking him into leaving his cover.

Sure enough, Yoric backed closer to the wall behind him and gestured vaguely with the staff, mumbling some nonsense to himself - but he was quite violently interrupted by his companion falling on him. The arrow Horns had fired nearly hit said companion in the face, see, and that was a truly terrifying experience, so he stumbled backward and ended up falling over the balcony railing. Right onto Yoric, in the corner below.

Laisa lowered her blade while she watched the two men struggle, both of them relatively equal levels of panicked and both of them trying their best to get away but neither getting much of anywhere. Then, with a deeply put upon sigh, she returned her sword to its sling on her back and proceeded to tie up the pair of idiots. Any resistance left in the two was quelled with a decisive punch or two to the head. Job done, she thought to herself, hauling the pair over to the third member of their little troupe of jesters.

"Drop these off with the agents here, then back to Skyhold?" she asked after walking over to her companion, leaning up to gently tap Horns on the shoulder to ensure she had the qunari's attention.

Well, that was unexpected. She watched as the man tripped over his own body and fell a slight drop onto his friend. For a moment they were a wriggling mass of limbs. Nihumer shouldered her bow and sighed. This really wasn't challenging work. She'd hoped that the Inquisition could have done better than this in their assignments. Two greenhorns could have taken care of this. Instead they had a templar and a qunari hunteress--of sorts.

She turned as Laisa tapped her shoulder. The templar was close enough that Nihumer heard "Skyhold." She nodded. Maybe, if they returned with speed and efficiency, the powers-that-be would give them better assignments.

It was then that something erupted out the corner of Nihumer's eye. It was a raven. It fluttered down and landed on her horn. It weighed so little compared to her actual horns, that she didn't even feel it. Had she not seen the bird, she'd never known it was there. Not being able to reach the back of her head, considering where the raven perched, Nihumer just squatted to let her companion retrieve the message. While doing that, she fished out some bread from her satchel. Nihumer loved feeding the ravens, even if angered the spymaster.

Laisa eyed the raven with suspicion, spending a moment to contemplate why exactly a message would be sent to the pair of them in Val Royeaux of all places. The bird then turned a bit, curiously investigating the horn it perched on, and she spied the Inquisition seal on the message tied to its foot. That only raised more questions. They'd be reporting back in as soon as they were able. Their destination was Skyhold. What was so important that sending them a message was necessary? Was it Haven all over again, some explosion rocking Skyhold and sending the world back into chaos? Humph, with there luck, that was surprisingly likely.

With careful hands, the templar untied the message from the bird's foot and carefully unrolled it, eyes scanning over the contents. The expression she assumed while doing so was displeased, but she tended to look displeased regardless of the situation.

"We need to return to Skyhold," Laisa declared firmly once she looked up from the letter, then turned to Horns and nudged the qunari's shoulder again. "The humans are on the verge of war again, it seems. Skyhold, as soon as possible. We can leave the idiots for the Inquisition's people here to clean up."

As soon as Laisa had taken the message from the bird, Nihumer stood fully errect. The raven bobbed on her horn. She reached back as much as she could with a bit of bread. It hopped down to the base of her horns, and then fully on her head. Slowly, it made its way from there to her hands, where she lowered it down. It perched on her finger as she held her palm flat for it to pick the bread off of.

Nihumer returned her attention back to the small, elven templar. She rolled her eyes. "Basra vashedan," she said with a grunt. Pausing, she knew that wouldn't translate. "Humans. Small. But with mighty..." she paused, trying to think of the word, "egos." That didn't seem insulting enough. "Idiocy." She nodded at that one. That seemed right. "Waste of black bird," she said. It'd finished eating all the bread from her hand. She then slid her finger down its beak and then over the back of its head. It's eyes lowered and leaned into her finger working its way around its eyes and cheeks. Inevitably, it had its fill of her and leapt off her hand, fluttering back into the sky.

"To Skyhold," she said. "Bright side. If humans fall. Qunari can rise. Humans need... organization." Especially if they were going to send a raven telling them to head back to Skyhold, the same place they were headed.

Green eyes watched the bird as it flew away, then shifted back to Horns. Laisa had no idea how she got the things to like her so much so fast. The birds were...hesitantly tolerant of Laisa at best and uncommonly disturbed by her presence at worst. It didn't seem to matter how much she liked them, or if she wore her armor or not. Frowning contemplatively, she gave some thought to what all Horns was saying. Qunari taking over, eh? Hm. Would be interesting, given what she'd seen of the Qunari at Kirkwall. Given what she'd learned since then. Given their attitude towards magic.

"Can't argue with that," is what she finally settled on saying, nodding thoughtfully. Horns' last comment was true enough. Humans needed organization. She nudged one of their mages with her boot, noting that he was still out cold, and shrugged. "No point in delaying the trip." With that, she headed out of the alley, her goal the little in they'd rented rooms at - for a downright disgusting price - to gather her belongings and get out of Val Royeaux. Pompous city, anyways.

---​

The arrival to Skyhold had been...uneventful. No explosions or bandit attacks, and Laisa couldn't quite tell if she was bothered by that or not. Then came the meeting. As it turned out, her assumption that the issue was human conflict was a sound one. Orlais and Ferelden were at one another's throats once again, like they couldn't quite get enough of the fight, and the Inquisition would have to step in to clean up. Again.(edited)

The templar snorted softly after the end of the speech, but didn't dare question orders. She liked Umbra well enough to go along with the waiting business, seeing as Umbra was the direct and straightforward sort. Even if she was a spy. So, she turned to Horns and nudged the taller woman's shoulder, a gesture she was becoming all too familiar with. "Got any plans?" she asked, red eyebrows raising while she wondered if she could convince the Qunari to have a drink with her. Maker knew she could use some company.

Horns had been focusing on what the human had said. She was far enough back to catch a few things, but when the human spymaster turned around--Horns frowned. Well, that was the end of that, she figured. But it was apparent that they were about to be sent to all corners of Thedas because the humans were incapable of handling their own matters. She snorted. Humans.

She glanced down at Laisa when she nudged her and nodded. While the qunari wasn't one for drinking, people seemed to stop giving her such a wide berth with speaking to her once they'd have a few drinks. So, it was pleasant to enjoy some camaraderie, even if it was fleeting. Yet, with so many agents--new and old--she more than concerned about what would happen this evening. There was definitely going to be a fight, and the inherent possibility of fornication. Horns reminded herself not to stay long in the tavern, she wasn't losing her bed to drunken, horny Inquisition members--again.

"I agree." She then placed her palms barely apart. "Short time. Though."
collab between @Spectre of the Fade & @Tyrannosaurus Rekt

"Typical. The shems are at it again." Revas heaved a long-suffering sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose soon as their illustrious spymaster left. Unlike Aisha, he had no qualms about expressing his displeasure about their new dilemma; he had gone through a considerable range of huffs, grunts, and snorts throughout the speech while the steadfast healer remained attentive. He even rolled his eyes once or twice, especially at the mention of Orlais. After a pause, the hunter dryly added, "You would think the masked fops would save their bickering for later, but apparently that was asking too much."

Surprisingly, Aisha seemed to agree. The elven mage shuffled in place, lifting the staff she had been leaning on and etching a small mark on the frigid earth. She kept her eyes on the ground when she murmured, "I- yes. I wish everyone would be more appreciative of the Inquisitor's efforts. It took her a lot to broker the peace we are enjoying now."

When a reply didn't come at once, Aisha raised her head and glanced at Revas, who seemed distracted. She was expecting a witticism of some sort- not silence. It made her worry if she had mentioned something offensive somehow. The Lavellan clanswoman was already mentally reviewing her choice of words when her fellow Dalish made a soft grunt, as if just now realizing he had failed to respond.

"Ir abelas, ma lethallan. I saw a familiar face in the crowd. I'll go and greet the big man." After a start, Revas excused himself from the mage's presence. With a wink, he asked, "You'll be fine on your own now, right? Of course you will. If someone bothers you, remember, aim for the-"

"Eyes."
"Balls."

The two elves stared at each other. Aisha tried to suppress a smile but failed. Revas feigned an expression of mock defeat. "I have to admit, your alternative has a higher chance of working on people without said parts. You win this round," he conceded as he stepped away, blending into the throng.

[fieldbox="Aisha, #99ccff, dotted, 10, Cinzel Decorative"]

Now
that she was left to her own devices, it was time for her to prepare. Their arrival in Skyhold- now a lot less populated than it was the last time she was here, what a strange and chilling sight- was a scant few minutes before the meeting was initiated by Spymaster Umbra, meaning that both Aisha and Revas had no time to rest. She was surprised that her companion was as energetic as he was earlier and, if she was going to be completely honest, felt a bit envious of his spirit. Even this early on, she was starting to feel the pinpricks of anxiety dancing all over her stomach. Surely someone would get injured. Surely she would have to take care of them. Aisha may have been practicing her craft in earnest for the past few years, but…

Or maybe it was just hunger.

The mage sighed. Yes, she must be overreacting because of the fatigue from the journey as well as the lack of a proper day meal. Aisha shifted in place, shaking the staff in her hand to relieve the unrest in her bones. Only then did she notice a human staring at her, which was quite unique in itself due to several reasons- the woman was gorgeous and, from what her humble tastes could discern, dressed in expensive clothes. Aisha barely needed any prompting to believe that she was in the way of the lady's true intentions.

And this was how she bumped into Roald.

The first thing she processed was the strong scent of earth, the same air of travel on dusty roads which had settled onto her cloak. The second thing she noticed was Creators, her face hurt- and Aisha wobbled backwards, clearly at a disadvantage in the collision thanks to her much smaller physique, though she quickly remembered to use her staff to steady herself. A look at the imposing person she had crashed into gave her all the more reason to start apologizing, even if the instinctual embarrassment served to be enough.

"Ir abelas! I'm sorry; I should've looked where I was going!" The Dalish healer held on to her staff and ducked her head. She peered up cautiously at the man, before realizing that he must be one of the new agents she had heard the guards whispering about. "Oh, and you must be new! Greetings, I am Aisha of Clan Lavellan. I am a healer. I've worked for the Inquisition in the past too so please, do not hesitate to rely on me. I'll do my best to help." Judging that as a good an introduction as any for someone you managed to physically displace, Aisha extended her hand for a handshake.

@Tyrannosaurus Rekt, @BladeX
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Revas, #483D8B, dashed, 10, Cinzel Decorative"]

"Arvim!
Is that you!? Heh, of course it is," Revas waved at the Vashoth mercenary, whom he had spotted at random while he was eyeing the crowd earlier. Now they weren't close… but they didn't need to be. Elizabelle said to relax and by the Creators, he wasn't going to do that anywhere near the Chantry prigs.

"Are you going to make me work for this, or will you meet me halfway? Minx. Just because they're all well fit. Complimented him one time..." The Dalish elf muttered the latter half to himself before elbowing past an unsuspecting agent, who tripped on a rock and quickly set off a domino effect with his fellows. Thankfully for him, it was short-lived. Revas winced and stepped away, adding to the grumbles of discontent of the witnesses with an equally pretentious complaint of his own. "Yes. Someone should really put those stones away. I thought Ambassador Montilyet had the yards cleaned. What are we coming to if we can't keep our people safe from debris? I concur."

Creators, he hated Skyhold.

@Artorias
[/fieldbox]

Last edited: