4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern-Fantasy, Adventure.
This is a remake of the original crossover; Rise of the Dragon Pokemon

[spacer]The island Sevii, an island tormented by cold snow, rain and storms most time of the year. The people that live on this island are diverse, but they all share one thing;

their love for Pokemon, dragon Pokemon in particular.

The village of Ajagara is the only village on the large island and holds most of the island's population. People live and work with their Pokemon and have build their culture around their dragons. Every child is given the chance to pick an egg from the Hatchery on the day they turn ten years old. By then they have learned enough about dragons to start taking care of one.

Every year a tournament is held in honor of the ancient tribe that started this village, the Araegana, and their leader Ryagan Xiraka, now simply referred to as the Draconids. A lot of people on the island are descendants of the tribe, though it varies per person.

People with a pure Draconid bloodline will have an unusual eye color, usually a golden or bright green color. They also have the natural ability to bond with dragons and can instinctively understand what they want to tell them. Dragonids are great assets, though they have dragon-like aggression the more pure their blood is.

You, as a villager in this harsh, but peaceful town, must carry on with your normal life and hope that the upcoming darkness won't destroy it.[/spacer]

The Plot

As you probably could have guessed by now, this roleplay is a crossover between Pokemon and HTTYD, with some elements from books I read. The island is inhabited by Pokemon of all kinds and has a large mountainous area, a large forest and a lot of fields. There are a few beaches and cliffs as well. The main currency is Eviolite (though we don't know what value it actually has) and the island mainly uses a trade system.

The main plot will revolve around 10 "chosen ones", but there are enough side characters to fill in that can still play a great role in the story. There will be legendary pokemon appearing at random times and all characters will have the opportunity to "bond" with these Pokemon, but I will decide the outcome of the interaction.

I will appoint co-gm's to help me decide if the reactions are good enough each encounter. THERE WILL BE NO ROOM FOR ARGUMENTS.

The plot will be explained further as the story goes along.

All members will start out one day before the tournament to celebrate the Draconids. This will give us time to settle in and establish character connections.

As a medic you are a person that help the villagers when they are ill. They have a great knowledge of herbs and the human body and are in general very smart. They have their own health center, but also make house-visits.

Allowed Pokemon Partners
Here you can see which Pokemon are allowed as partners.

Charmander
004.gif

Charmeleon
005.gif

Charizard
charizard_sprite__generation_vi_by_the_national_pokedex-d7mafyh.gif

Ekans
023.gif

Arbok
arbok.gif

Magikarp
129.gif

Gyarados
130.gif

Aerodactyl
aerodactyl.gif

Dratini
147.gif

Dragonair
148.gif

Dragonite
149.gif

Kingdra
230.gif

Larvitar
246.gif

Pupitar
247.gif

Tyranitar
248.gif

Treecko
252.gif

Grovyle
253.gif

Sceptile
254.gif

Trapinch
328.gif

Vibrava
329.gif

Flygon
330.gif

Swablu
333.gif

Altaria
altaria.gif

Seviper
336.gif

Feebas
349.gif

Milotic
350.gif

Bagon
371.gif

Shelgon
372.gif

Salamence
373.gif

Gible
443.gif

Gabite
444.gif

Garchomp
445.gif

Axew
610.gif

Fraxure
611.gif

Haxorus
612.gif

Druddigon
621.gif

Deino
633.gif

Zweilous
634.gif

Hydreigon
635.gif

Skrelp
gallery_2289_1_35840.gif

Dragalge
gallery_2289_1_96033.gif

Helioptile
gallery_2289_1_19370.gif

Heliolisk
gallery_2289_1_35593.gif

Tyrunt
gallery_2289_1_9766.gif

Tyrantrum
gallery_2289_1_7030.gif

Goomy
gallery_2289_1_311.gif

Sliggoo
gallery_2289_1_41594.gif

Goodra
gallery_2289_1_25873.gif

Noibat
gallery_2289_1_10170.gif

Noivern
gallery_2289_1_11165.gif

Team Aether
The different factions in Team Aether that you can choose from.
Dragon Control and Assassination Squad;

[spacer]This squad mainly deals with taming and/or exterminating dragons that are brought in. Those that submit will be distributed among members as the Admin sees fit. Those who do not submit will be put down or used as training material for high ranking officers. The members of this squad are silent killers, unseen and deadly. [/spacer]

Admin: RESERVED
Officer: 2
Soldier: UNLIMITED
Grunt: UNLIMITED

Capture and Liberation Squad;

[spacer]This squad deals in obtaining dragons for Team Aether in any way possible. They may steal dragons from their owners, capture them in the wild or obtain eggs to hatch, after which the dragons are send to the Dragon Control and Assassination Squad to be handled.[/spacer]

Admin:

Information and Interrogation Squad;

[spacer]Among the cruelest of squads, the I&I makes sure to gather all information they can find to help their cause. Whether it be info for the research team or locations for the Capture and Liberation squad to obtain new dragons, they will find it and pass it on to the members of the team.

They are also tasked with extracting information, by any means, out of the rare captives the team holds.[/spacer]

Admin:

Defensive tactics and Training Squad;

[spacer]This squad focuses on defensive strategies to protect the HQ and members alike when they are on missions. They handle all the recon before a mission and are an excellent line of defense. Having one of them on your team during a mission is very helpful. The grunts of the team are usually all about brawn, but the Admin and high ranking officers of this squad are among the most brilliant minds in the entire team.[/spacer]

Admin:

The Character Sheet

Well, now that you finished all that reading, you can make a character sheet!

[stabs=bcenter|500x350]

{slide=Villager|center}

Appearance here

Name:
Secondary occupation:
Personality:
Pokemon partner:
Pokemon appearance:
History: (OPTIONAL)
Special features:
Pets: (House Pokemon)
Extra info:

{/slide}

{slide=Team Aether|center}

Appearance here

Name:
Nickname:
Faction:
Reason for joining:
Partner: (Preferred Dragon/Ice/Fairy)
Pokemon appearance:
Pokemon team: (MAX. 5. Preferred effective against dragon-type)

{/slide}
[/stabs]

The Rules

1. All Iwaku rules apply, no exceptions.
  2. Listen to the GM and co-gm's.
  3. No godmodding, powerplay, etc.
  4. I want this roleplay to be realistic in many ways, including battles, but keep it reasonable. I don't want to see guts flying around and I don't think other members want that either.
  5. If you have a problem with something or somebody, message a GM or the person you have a problem with. No arguments in the thread.
  6. I hold the right to alter or add rules as I see fit. Period.
  7. I don't expect five paragraphs in each post, but please no one-liners.
  8. Children in the roleplay will be given their first egg at age ten. If you want to be an exception, message me.
  9. The maximum amount of partners at this point is two. However, I don't want ten year old kids running around with two fully evolved Pokemon.

Age 10-18: One partner.
    Age 18+: Two partners.
  10. NO SHINY POKEMON UNLESS SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED!
  11. If you read all of this properly, post ROTDP somewhere in your application.
Ajagara villagers

@Minami - Minami Nyx Xiraka

Name: Minami Nyx Xiraka
Primary occupation: Dragontamer Captain
Secondary occupation: Caretaker/Teacher
Personality: Minami is usually quite kind and relaxed, often being found at the main hall to enjoy some drinks with other townsmen. When it comes to her main job, Minami is strict and can come off as harsh or cold. She will often be stern towards new members of the corps, but that is only because she wants to keep everybody safe. Her harsh behavior at work often causes the younger tamers to fear her.
Minami has a weak spot for all kinds of pokemon and children and is very gentle around them. This is also her reason for becoming a teacher.

As a descendant from the Xiraka line, Minami is prone to bursts of extreme anger and even blood lust when faced with certain situations.
Pokemon partner:

715.gif

• Name: Komori
  • Species: Noivern
  • Special features: Komori has a larger wingspan and a longer tail than ordinary noivern and is slightly darker in coloring.

History: W.I.P
Special features: Like everybody from the Xiraka line, Minami has bright golden eyes that turn blood red when she's extremely angry.
She also has a special mark on the back of her neck, which somewhat resembles a dragon pokemon.
Pets:

282.gif

• Name: Xita
  • Species: Gardevoir
  • Function: Xita is in charge of the house when Minami isn't home. She cleans up, accepts packages and sometimes even cooks. She does all of this out of her own accord and all attempts to get her to stop have failed, so Minami lets her do as she pleases.

038.gif

• Name: Sekushi
  • Species: Shiny Ninetales
  • Function: Sekushi protects the house day and night, basically making her the guard dog. Compared to Xita she is quite wild, preferring to sleep outside and hunting her own food.

571.gif

• Name: Kuro
  • Species: Zoroark
  • Function: Kuro is Minami's contact to other teams when she is out on a mission. The zoroark uses telepathy to send out Minami's orders to the other zoroark at the other teams.
Extra info:
@Crow - Kiyo

Name:
Kiyo

Blacksmith

Personality:
Kiyo is a gentle young lass who can't seem to say no. She is rarely seen without her partner Seviper. While she believes that there is always good in people, she will always avoid any sort of danger, especially if Seviper can't handle it. She prefers spending her days peacefully than fighting, even though she is aware that at some point, Pokemon, being Pokemon, have to fight.

Pokemon partner:
336.gif

Seviper | Seviper | Female | Shed Skin
Seviper is one of Kiyo's closest friends. At a length of 4 metres, she is pretty huge. She often helps out at the Smithing Shop run by Kiyo's father.

History:
She was born in a simple family. Her father is a Blacksmith and her mother is a Breeder. Life went simple and average.
At 10, she acquired an egg - which hatched into a little Seviper. At first, she was intimidated, but she learned that Seviper was just like any other Pokemon.

Special features:
Seviper's blade-like tail is more curved than the usual Seviper.

Pets:
690.gif
116.gif

A school of Skrelp and Horsea live in the pond in front of her house. They're pretty pond-bound, much like fish.

Extra info:
N/A for now
Tab 3

@rusty4297 - John Arestin

13763ac335ac6389472f4a4656261238.jpg
(he does not keep any equipment such as in the picture, he's just scientific, not a scientist)

Name: John Arestin
Personality: Curious, scientific, not interested in fighting so much as learning and understanding all around him. If a fight has to happen, he'll join in, but it'll mostly be a game of chess, unlike a test of reflexes that it is for most (though he will still obviously need to have reflexes). Cares for others, but doesn't often show it, more commonly showing interest in anything he can learn about. Might, at times, put himself or allies in danger for the sake of learning, but usually expects whatever he learns to help greatly in the future.
Pokemon partner: Dragonite
Pokemon appearance:
149.gif

Name: Ares
Special features: Specifically trained his dragonite for speed and reaction solely so that he can have less issue with carrying out tactics he develops mid-battle. This training primarily takes hold when he's shouting orders, but not as much against enemy actions, as the training was done based on his commands, not on an opponent attacking it.
Pets: None of his own, however in his free time, he visits any caretakers or breeders he can to learn what he can
Extra info: John's combat style is constantly altering throughout the fight as he learns how his opponent fights and attempts to fight utilizing a method that counters his opponent's. This means he is prepared for any type of combat, even switching opponents with Ares and fighting the more dangerous opponent himself so that Ares can take down the enemy's tactician and the such.
John keeps a shortsword and sheathe with him at all times, as a sword of this type can be utilized for cutting, stabbing, or hitting with the hilt, and thus, is quite versatile.
Dat ROTDP doe

@Stryder - Aidan Wade

fate_zero___gilgamesh_render_by_nanashisworks-d6dhjio.png

Name: Aidan Wade
Personality: Aidan isn't a difficult one to work with but he can be rough around the edges as far as temper and attitude but that's because he's seen some things. Other than that he is a nice guy, reasy and willing to assist anyone and everyone.
Pokemon partner: Salamence named Tamashi
Pokemon appearance:
drake_and_salamence_by_beverii-d5eg60d.png

Special features: Tamashi has spiked tail, allowing her to defend herself by other means
Pets: None
Extra info: As a Dragon Fighter, Aidan himself is a renown swordsman and blade user, quick witted and skilled enough to combat dragons similar in combat style to his Salamence. As a Tamer, he has a remarkable ability to calm dragons of many kinds, depending on their level of aggression and the situation.​

@DrakeRoleplays - Lizi

Name: Lizi
Personality: Sweet, Better with Pokemon than humans, Confident, shy
Pokemon partner: Dragonair (Silent)
Pokemon appearance: Blue, Slender, Long, Has two pearls on tails that were colored white, Her pearl on neck is also colored white, Pearls were colored by Lizi, Lizi also gave her a white face design because her Dragonair named Silent wanted it.
History: (OPTIONAL) She was always shy and bullied but loved the snake types. When she grew up, she breads snakes and even has one as her own, Silent the Dragonair.
Special features: She has Hazel eyes but is does not have Dragon Blood, but she is really good with Pokemon Snakes, like a Snake whisperer. And she also has a blue eye.
Pets: (House Pokemon) Noibat (Loki)
Extra info: She doesn't breed alot, but if somebody needs her to, she will. Heres her picture too.
1328776-bigthumbnail.jpg

Heres Noibat
tumblr_mw7e07rwhV1son0ozo1_400.png

Here is Dragonair, but without the white design.
dragonair_by_kenket-d6zigh9.jpg

Tab 7

Tab 8

Team Aether members

@Minami - Shiro Tsuki "Last Moonlight"

Name: Shiro Tsuki
Nickname: "Last Moonlight"
Personality: Shiro is cold, distant and cruel, towards both enemies and team members. The only one she truly treats with respect are her pokemon.
Faction: Dragon Control and Assassination squad.
Reason for joining: She found Team Aether to be a perfect home for her and joined when she was recruited by a soldier. She was adopted by the leader of Team Aether once she had made a name for herself in the team.
Partner:

cutmypic-png.85620

• Name: Akili
  • Species: Gardevoir
  • Special features: She has blue hair and a black dress, instead of white.
Pokemon team:
  • Glaceon
  • Sylveon
  • ???
History: W.I.P
@Crow - Fable "The Dullahan"

"Orders are orders. But I respect your decision."​

Name:
Fable

Nickname:
The Dullahan

Personality:
This feminine lad is a rather cold person. He is straightforward and doesn't speak many words, or complete sentences. Usually, he is pretty calm and composed.
However, when he is near Dragon Pokemon, he gets some sort of PTSD of sorts, where he loses his calm state. He is pretty bloodthirsty in this new state, where he will stop at nothing to halt the beings he believes are cruel.

Faction:
Capture & Liberation Squad

Officer

Reason for joining:
He believes that Dragon Pokemon are cruel, evil and such, and wishes for a world without Dragon Pokemon.

Partner:
335.gif

Zangoose | Zangoose | Male | Immunity
Zangoose was Fable's first friend. The two can always count on each other.

Pokemon appearance:
Zangoose stands at 2 metres tall. Apart from this, there are no known differences between this Zangoose and other Zangoose.

Pokemon team:
328.gif

Trapinch | Trapinch | Male | Arena Trap
Fable refuses to evolve Trapinch, because he does not want Trapinch to become a monster.

468.gif

Togekiss | Togekiss | Male | Serene Grace
Fable uses this rather big Togekiss for flight.

478.gif

Froslass | Froslass | Female | Snow Cloak

547.gif

Whimsicott | Whimsicott | Male | Prankster

History:
Fable was born in a small village where Normal Type Pokemon and humans lived in harmony. However, one day, a horde of Dragon Pokemon struck the village, decimating it. As they were evacuating, Fable could not find his parents. Ever since then, he has had a grudge on Dragon Pokemon, believing that they are evil destroyers.
Team Aether used this to recruit him into their ranks, as a child Grunt. He rose up the ranks with his Pokemon, and soon enough, he became an Officer.

Other Information:
He gets PTSD from being near Dragon Type Pokemon, or anything similiar. Heck, even a Flaafy can result in him showing subtle signs of such.
Tab 3

Tab 4
Tab 5
Tab 6

So, in honor of the new thread creation system, I've rebooted an old roleplay of mine. I hope it will work out better this time ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, I'll be sure to get something up

I have this idea of a Team Aether Officer/Soldier of the Capture and Liberation who mains a Zangoose while my villager character has a Seviper.

Of course, I'm presuming Officers have to be a certain age.

So, I'm assuming that like HTTYD, the setting is medieval right? Or at least no Pokeballs?

3cnNhfL.jpg

Name:
Kiyo

Blacksmith

Personality:
Kiyo is a gentle young lass who can't seem to say no. She is rarely seen without her partner Seviper. While she believes that there is always good in people, she will always avoid any sort of danger, especially if Seviper can't handle it. She prefers spending her days peacefully than fighting, even though she is aware that at some point, Pokemon, being Pokemon, have to fight.

Pokemon partner:
336.gif

Seviper | Seviper | Female | Shed Skin
Seviper is one of Kiyo's closest friends. At a length of 4 metres, she is pretty huge. She often helps out at the Smithing Shop run by Kiyo's father.

History:
She was born in a simple family. Her father is a Blacksmith and her mother is a Breeder. Life went simple and average.
At 10, she acquired an egg - which hatched into a little Seviper. At first, she was intimidated, but she learned that Seviper was just like any other Pokemon.

Special features:
Seviper's blade-like tail is more curved than the usual Seviper.

Pets:
690.gif
116.gif

A school of Skrelp and Horsea live in the pond in front of her house. They're pretty pond-bound, much like fish.

Extra info:
N/A for now​

Last edited:
Reactions: Minarawr
Oh, by the way, for moves, is it 'use whatever move this Pokemon can' or do we limit it to 4?

Moves are unlimited, I think that's more natural, but a baby pokemon can't know draco meteor or something right away.

yuuzan_yoshida_x_reader__trust_by_xxblackbloodxx12-d8jkzjz.jpg

Name:
Silas"Sil" Renolds
Dragon Tamer
Personality:
Sil has a rather devious personality, which can borderline questionable. He doesn't do things for the sake of himself nor for others, but for the outcome. He treats the world like one big old social experiment for his sole amusement. Despite all this, he knows how to neutralize a situation and defuse strife. He's loyal to a fault and sees everyone as his charge. This can lead to some heroic but careless behavior.
Pokemon partner:
Areodactyl
aerodactyl.gif

Special features:
Nothing of note.
Pets:
His siblings have pets, but he's a one Pokemon kind of guy.
Extra info:
Wouldn't know what a ROTDP was if it hit him in the head.
yuzanyoshida.jpg

Last edited:
aZ6YqMo.jpg

"Orders are orders. But I respect your decision."

Name:
Fable

Nickname:
The Dullahan

Personality:
This feminine lad is a rather cold person. He is straightforward and doesn't speak many words, or complete sentences. Usually, he is pretty calm and composed.
However, when he is near Dragon Pokemon, he gets some sort of PTSD of sorts, where he loses his calm state. He is pretty bloodthirsty in this new state, where he will stop at nothing to halt the beings he believes are cruel.

Faction:
Capture & Liberation Squad

Officer

Reason for joining:
He believes that Dragon Pokemon are cruel, evil and such, and wishes for a world without Dragon Pokemon.

Partner:
335.gif

Zangoose | Zangoose | Male | Immunity
Zangoose was Fable's first friend. The two can always count on each other.

Pokemon appearance:
Zangoose stands at 2 metres tall. Apart from this, there are no known differences between this Zangoose and other Zangoose.

Pokemon team:
328.gif

Trapinch | Trapinch | Male | Arena Trap
Fable refuses to evolve Trapinch, because he does not want Trapinch to become a monster.

468.gif

Togekiss | Togekiss | Male | Serene Grace
Fable uses this rather big Togekiss for flight.

478.gif

Froslass | Froslass | Female | Snow Cloak

547.gif

Whimsicott | Whimsicott | Male | Prankster

History:
Fable was born in a small village where Normal Type Pokemon and humans lived in harmony. However, one day, a horde of Dragon Pokemon struck the village, decimating it. As they were evacuating, Fable could not find his parents. Ever since then, he has had a grudge on Dragon Pokemon, believing that they are evil destroyers.
Team Aether used this to recruit him into their ranks, as a child Grunt. He rose up the ranks with his Pokemon, and soon enough, he became an Officer.

Other Information:
He gets PTSD from being near Dragon Type Pokemon, or anything similiar. Heck, even a Flaafy can result in him showing subtle signs of such.​

Last edited:
Both your forms look great, accepted ^^
@Crow

Say, why not you try tagging everyone who had previously partaken in the previous incarnation of the Roleplay? Such as @Kangutso @kingdomkeylight @Zero The Grim @Limeypanda and many others

Damn most of those chaps from the old thread seem a little inactive. 9 months change a lot huh?

Also, if you're accepting suggestions for more potential partners, I suggest the Ampharos line, mainly due to a pun in its name that didn't translate well into other languages, as well as its Mega Evolution's typing that resulted from said pun. Mostly the latter since. Maybe they could be known as 'electric dragons' according to folklore.

Kind of wish we had a Water-Type Starter line to balance Treecko and Charmander lines out but unfortunately nothing fits the bill.

Aerodactyl has been used by Lance. Archeops, Aggron and Lapras were used by Iris. Well, Iris' choices seem a little far-fetched from dragons save for Archeops, since those guys are more dinosaur than dragon.

There is one Pokemon line of the Dragon Egg Group that was not included: the Scraggy line.

@Iatos @TyranntX

Last edited:
Thanks for tagging those guys ^^

I'm working on a banner, but I don't really have photo shop or the skills to use it, so it'll be really basic.

The ampheros line is a bit of a difficulty actually. The first two forms are basically sheep and could better be used as farm animals.
Perhaps there could be an exception, people would be able to have an ampharos as partner, but would be prone to ridicule from other villagers because it's a "farm pokemon".

Last edited:
Yeah, Flaafy and Mareep being laughable is very, very thinkable in this setting. I can slightly see very slight dragon-ness mixed with goat traits in Ampharos, but Flaafy and Mareep are sheep.

Also, how is the setting? Do the people use Pokeballs? Is Team Aether technological or are they akin to medieval rogue vikings?

No, there are no pokeballs or pokecenters whatsoever. Everything is like old viking villages, basically.

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Ah, that's good assurance. Time to go back to the old ages.

I got a report that i was mentioned. What pokemon rp thing was this about?

Kind of wish we had a Water-Type Starter line to balance Treecko and Charmander lines out but unfortunately nothing fits the bill.
Gyrados was suppose to be water/dragon, hence his design being based off a Chinese dragon, but because there wasn't many dragon moves and it would cause some sort of unbalance, they changed it to water/flying. It'd be cool if he was reincarnated as his original intended typing x)

Status
Not open for further replies.