Down to Earth {ProfessorNV/Adira}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skylar chuckled and smiled at Ashley, "Well, ya did pretty good on your own with the hose, and Im done spreading hay, so what the hell, let's go" he said. He was beginning to enjoy her company now that she had stopped complaining for the most part. Aside from her talking about her sweating. He closed up the stalls and lead her to another side of the barn where you could hear the steps of animals, as well as the occasional bawl of a calf. He opened one of the sliding doors and behind one of the long gates, about eight calves perked up there heads to look at the two humans, their curiosity becoming familiarity as they bawled toward Skylar. "Here they are, go on and say hi" he said to Ashley.

Ashley chuckled softly. She didn't mind Skylar nearly as much anymore. "Lead the way partner" She said, trying her best to let her country twang flow. "I haven't talked in an accent like that in years," She said as they walked towards the other end of the large barn. "When I got to California, everyone thought I was a hill billy." She said with a shake of her head. "Uneducated rich kids. Daddy's money can't buy you a brain sweet heart" She said with a small chuckle as they reached the door. Skylar easily unlatched the door and slid it open. Reveiling 8 little calves, their eyes staring up at the two humans. "Oh.. My.. Gosh." She let out. "They are so.. cute!" She said as she ran over to them. At first the calves were frightened and ran. But as Ashley stood still their curiosity got the best of them and they eventually came over to sniff at her. "Oh my gosh.." she squealed as she began to pet their sweet heads. "If you ever think about hurting them I will kick your ass" She told Skylar.

Skylar smiled at Ashley as she cooed over the little calves that were now beginning to enjoy her company. One that she was petting would at times try to suckle on her fingers as she pet them and he couldnt help but chuckle. He raised his hands innocently and said "Hell I aint doin nothin to them. These cattle are gonna be sold eventually as show cattle, normally to the town ffa so the students get experience in the showing competitions. Nah these little guys are gonna be pampered for life" he responded as he reached over and pat one on its head before opening a container filled with feed. Taking a scoop, he took fifteen scoops of the feed and spread it into the nearby trough where the calves immediately began to lick it up. "Little guys love their sweet feed" Skylar said with a chuckle.

Status
Not open for further replies.