Down the Rabbit Hole [Fox's 1x1 Search]

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fox of Spades

giphy.gif

Anyone wanna cook up some RPs with me 8D? *Rolls away*
Intro

Hey there ^^! I'm Fox and it's nice to meet you. Christmas break is starting in a week, so I'm in need of two or so partners to help fill the RP void in my soul. I've got plots and fandoms listed below, but before we get to the fun part, I'd like us to plod through some guidelines regarding what I'm looking for in a potential RP buddy. This section will also include what you guys can expect from me. It's for the best that we're on the same page from the get-go.

What I'm Looking for
  • Someone capable of posting a couple of times a week and once a week at the very least. This time though, I'm hoping for someone who's a bit on the speedier side. I really want to do something fast-paced and interactive xD, something a tad faster than my usual RPs.
  • Someone who can give me at least two to three paragraphs per post
  • Someone willing to double up on characters and create and play NPCs with me
  • Someone who doesn't shy away from brainstorming and OOC chatter. Let's be friends :D! I don't stab and it's just easier to RP when we can plan away without any awkwardness. We can brainstorm through PM or Skype, whichever works. I prefer the latter cause it's faster and all that, but if you're uncomfortable with it, then don't worry, PM is a-okay.
  • Someone capable of creating their own twists. Surprise me and I'll surprise you, let's keep this thing interesting for the both of us, yeah? But with that said, xD don't pull out game changing twists and all without bringing it up as well.

What you can expect from me

• A few posts a week. One post a week at the very least.
  • Replies of at least two to three paragraphs. Mostly, I give what I get and try to mirror my partner's post length.
  • I love playing NPCs and doubling up. Soooo rest assured, our world will defo have more than just two people in it.

• If I'm going to disappear for extended periods of time or if I get swamped with schoolwork, I'll make sure to inform you. And if I end up losing interest in our RP or it turns out we don't click as RP partners, then I will tell you instead of just disappearing off the face of the earth. Please do the same for me ^^ and we can either try to work things out or go our separate ways. There won't be any hard feelings and it'll be 10x better than continuing a RP neither of us feel is fun. If it's not fun, it's not worth it.
  • OOC chatter. Brainstorming is wonderful, and I will most likely pester you with ideas soo prepare yourself~
  • Not as important as the rest but I figured I'd toss it up too. Anime photos, I just don't feel comfortable with the whole using real people's pics as face claims
  • Check out my RP Resume to find out more

Plot Ideas
(Note: None of these have been fleshed out because I'd like for us to worldbuild together, brainstorming ftw~)
1. Letters for Tomorrow
Adventure-centric dystopian RP with mild cyberpunk elements here and there

• The year is 20XX and all messages and forms of communication are moderated by a "perfect government." Freedom of speech is a thing of the past and the world has been divided into several domes. Leaving your designated dome is punishable by death. People have been putting up with this for years, but a rebellion has been rising. Our OCs will be a part of this rebellion, but they won't be fighting on the front lines. Instead, they will be couriers, people who send messages from dome to dome without the governments knowledge. They operate underground, often leaving the dome through illegal means. Our OCs will be relatively young (15-20, no worries we can play other characters as well), and the RP will start with their first big mission and with them leaving their desginated dome for the very first time. This mission involves recovering a package dropped by a courier who was almost beaten to death, but what the kids don't know is that the package could very well be their key to freedom.

2. Ripples in Reality
A lighthearted modern fantasy RP. Features dimension hopping through strange, surreal worlds. Is most likely not as cute and innocent as it appears to be. A character-centric RP that mostly focuses on developing relationships and world building.

• A handful of people (who are connected in someway) chance upon a magical creature. It turns out that the creature is a dimension hopping entity that keeps the balance between worlds stable. What follows is a series of quests to get the entity back to its home world. The humans end up getting involved in wacky adventures that take them to colorful and surreal worlds while also having to juggle real life responsibilities

3. The Wonderland Project
A somewhat dark modern fantasy RP with mild sci-fi elements here and there.

• Four children, an experiment gone wrong, and a gateway to a dimension unlike our own. Several years have passed since that fateful day, but now the victims of the accident dream of a place called wonderland and of a strange dragon-like creature who'd like to have their souls.

Fandoms
(Note: Our RPs do not have to be set in these universes, we can choose to use these fandoms as inspiration and create our own worlds. Also, I'm going to be a tad more picky with these. If you hit me up for a fandom RP, tell me what you've got in mind or what direction you want us to take.)
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Studio Ghibli stuff
  • Pokemon
  • Dark Souls
  • Madoka Magica
  • Gravity Falls
  • Donnie Darko
  • Adventure Time
  • Oxenfree
  • Darkest Dungeons
  • Welcome to Nightvale
  • Resident Evil
  • Over the Garden Wall
  • Persona 3
  • Bee and Puppycat
  • The Walking Dead
  • The Last of Us

And that's a wrap

If you're interested in RPing with me, shoot me a PM or leave me a message here ^^! Tell me a bit about yourself as well and feel free to shoot some ideas at me if you have any. Since I'm only looking for two partners, I apologize in advance if I end up being picky. Anyways, thanks a bunch for the interest and for reading through this search :), I hope we can make an awesome RP together!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm intrestead in trying some dark souls related.

I really love your plots and am not sure which ones I would be most interested in! If your slots for plots (bars my dude) are already full then would you be interested in a Pokemon role-play?

@Vivian

Hey there ^^! My slots for plots (nice rhyme xD) aren't filled up yet. By any chance, does one interest you over the other? And As for a Pokemon RP, what ideas do you have at the moment :0? I'm leaning towards a plot RP over a fandom RP though.

I think Letter for Tomorrow is maybe a little above average if I were to compare them all at once (oof), but as for the idea of Pokemon I was thinking this would be more of an older time before we had the fancy PC boxes and stuff, it would follow more along the lines of Kalos lore. A more cult than team/gang group is wrecking havoc (yeah, think KKK the hecking loons) and is kidnapping people and Pokemon alike and sacrificing them to Yveltal.

The king, distressed over this sent a message that went far from Kanto to Alola in hopes of grabbing the attention of talented trainers to help save his crippling kingdom. Bingo bango those trainers (name holding, you can use be whatever you want job-wise!) are us, looking to collect the royal loot offered to us to put those dips in their place.

• Love
Reactions: Fox of Spades
@Vivian

I like that Pokemon idea of yours :0! Unfortunately, I know about nothing beyond Black and White. Also, I've decided to settle for one additional partner for now instead of two, but thank you so much for your interest and best of luck with your RP endeavors!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.