1. The server transfer is complete, but there is a known issue occurring with posts lagging when they are sent! We apologize for the inconvenience. A fix is underway, so please bear with us.

UPDATE: The issue with post lag appears to be fixed, but the search system is temporarily down, as it was the culprit. It will be back up later!

Dovah's Works

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Manakete, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Writing is practically a part of me, physically and mentally, and I usually find myself writing poetry or short stories/descriptions at school when I take a break from drawing Pokemon and/or doing my work. Iwaku has a showcase, so I have decided to show my work in this online case! /amgsolame;w;

Post 1
    Poetry

Post 2
    Short Stories/Descriptions

Post 3
    Writing-related art (such as character art)

Post 4
    Parodies

2. Post 1
    Poetry

All poetry is original and created by me.

Dreaming
    (inspired by Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies)

Sometimes I look to the sky
    And then I wonder why
    Why was I chosen
    To be cast out amongst this lie

But then I realize
    I am Sentinel of the Skies
    I am needed here for now
    But once again I will arise

Someday I will return
    But for now, all I'll do is yearn
    To fly up into the clouds
    And this quest, adjourn

My wings will be here once again
    A halo perched atop my head
    The pink glow of a Celestrian
    I will fly home again

The sun's setting in the East
    A sign of the waking beast
    My blade is sheathed, I will not fight
    For he brings the Salvation that we seek

Ascend, my brothers, for I'm coming with you...​

3. Post 2
    Short Stories/Descriptions

All short stories and descriptions are original and created by me.

CAUTION: Violence/blood/gore/etc

Oh, Mary
    (a short story)
    (I wrote this when I was twelve .3.)

A tisket, a tasket, nailing shut your casket. A tisket, a tasket, there's blood in Mary's basket.

Oh, Mary. You thought yourself a kind soul. But you were wrong, you were very wrong. You were a bad girl, Mary, a very bad girl. So I made you pay.

You hurt me, Mary. You drove me to The End, but instead you were ended. You hurt many of us. So I brought it upon myself to kill you. And I liked it...

I strung you up from my ceiling by your wrists, your perfect wrists. I made it so you could not make a sound. I licked the sweet blade that was the first part of your undoing, drawing my own blood. Do you remember the beautiful red tears I drew under your eyes? I do. Do you remember the bite of the blade down your arms, making shallow cuts, and my delighted laugh? Oh, how the blood excited me! Do you recall when I ripped your pretty flowered dress off, leaving you naked like a newborn baby? I proceeded to slice down your legs, more shallow cuts. You groaned quietly and I giggled. If only you had been a good girl.

Remember, I took that tiny knife and drew those beautifully intricate designs? The crimson droplets added to the effect. Then I got tired of waiting. I flicked my wrist, causing your stomach to open. I pulled out your large intestine and wore it as a gory boa. Your small intestine was my headband, tied around my forehead.

Your muffled screams angered me... so I cut out your voicebox and ate it... it wasn't very tasty. You bled. You bled very much. I reveled in that crimson pool, then I planted a black kiss upon your cheek. The mark of my kill.

I'll let them find you. They'll chase after me, but they won't find me. Nobody ever has.​

4. Post 3
    Writing-related art

All art is original and created by me.​

5. Parodies

Bimbo Queen
    My friend Larissa and I wrote this song after Miss America visited our school c: It's supposed to be sang or recited to the tune of the first four lines of the Dragonborn Chant from Skyrim.

Bimbo queen, bimbo queen, wears duct tape-covered things
    Calls to all of your men, beware of her charms!
    She is spawned of evil, Oblivion's mistress
    Bimbo queen, bimbo queen, looks like a Hagraven!

I know, it's rather disrespectful to her, but we were bored and she looked like a bimbo. Also, Elder Scrolls.

6. Reserving