Double Cross: City L OOC/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whooo! It begins! Now to figure out how I wish to start.

Edit: And I'll take the first post while I'm at it! Please tell me if my colors are annoying, they help me with figuring out who said what, but I don't wish to kill anyone's eyes over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright. I'll probably take a day or two to pick something out, but I'll get to it. If we had the other interested person, I'd probably run the intro scenario from core, but as-is, I think I can go with something else instead.

On second thought, I'll probably be developing one of the little scenario starters in the back of the book, meaning I've got to go by my usual GMing style of making it up mostly as I go along, from a vague plan. This may mean it takes me a little longer to get my stuff together.

Last edited:
Name: Takeru Mamogami
Codename: None. But most of them calls him "Rookie"
Affiliation: UGN (Work: UGN Agent B, Cover: Part-Timer)
Breed: Pure-breed
Syndromes: Neumann
Base Encroachment: 28
Stats:

HP: 29
Initiative: 10

Move: 12m
Dash: 24m

Body: 1
Sense: 2
Mind: 6
Social: 2
Skills:
<Range>3
<Perception>
<Negotiation>2
<RC>
<Procure>
<Info: UGN>3
Powers:
Resurrect lvl 1
Warding lvl 1
Concentrate: Neumann lvl 2
Mental Command lvl 1-
Timing: Major, Skill:: Refer, DFCLTY: Opposed, Target:-, RNG: Weapon, Encroach: 2, Restrict: -
Upon acquiring this Power, select either [Melee] or [Ranged]. The selection determines this Power's Ski ll.Any check that uses this Powerwill be rolled with [Mind].
Walking encyclopedia lvl 1-
Timing: Major, Skill: <Will>, DFFCLTY:-,Target: Self, RNG: Close, Encroach: 2, Restrict:-.
This Power may be used in place of all <Info:> Skills when perform- ing Investigation checks.The Investigation check will receive a +(LV) dice bonus
Analyze lvl 1-
Timing: Reaction, Skill: <Dodge>, DFCLTY: Opposed, Target: Self, RNG: Close, Encroach: 2, Restrict: -.
Dodge checks that use this Power receive a + (LV) dice bonus.
Point-Blank Shot lvl 2-
Timing: Major Skill: <Ranged> DFCLTY: Opposed Target: - RNG: Close Encroach: 2 Restrict: -
Ranged attacks that use this Power receive a + (LV) dice bonus and are modified to [RNG: Close]. Weapons that normally cannot target characters that are in the User's Engagement will now be able to.
Critical Shot lvl 1-
Timing: Major, Skill :<Melee><Ranged>, DFCLTY: Opposed, Target: -, RNG: Weapon, Encroach: 2, Restrict: -.
Attacks that use this Power receive a + [LV +3]Atk. Power bonus.

Combos:
Exploiting Vulnerability (Concentrate: Neumann+Point-Blank Shot+Critical Shot)-
Timing: Major, DFCLTY: Opposed, Target:-, RNG: Close, Encroach: 7.
Appearance:
He looks like this
Loises:

Younger Sister: Touka Mamogami (Love/Jealousy)
Classmate: Kuroya Shimako (Friendship/Jealousy)
Co-worker: Tetsu Mashiro (Fellowship/Jealousy)
Personal History:
Growing up, Takeru lived a normal life. But one day, a psychopathic Overed broke into his family's house and murdered his parents. Takeru put up a huge fight which gave his sister, Touka, time to escape. The psychopath was amused with his futile efforts so instead of killing him, he drew an injection with a quarter full of his blood and injected it to Takeru and whispered "Welcome to the world of Overeds".

The UGN heard of the situation and headed towards the site to avoid rumours to spread. They discovered Takeru was converted into a purebred Neumann and invited him to join them. Knowing that this might be the only was to avenge his parents and protect his sister, he joined the UGN. A few weeks ago, he finished the last of his training and was assigned in the intelligence division of the agency.
Equipment:

Weapon:
Fists- -5 atk.pow
Handgun- -1 acc, 3 atk.pow

Armor:
Lucky Clothing- 1 armor

Miscellaneous:
Bicycle- Atk. Power: 2 Initiative: -1 Armor: Dash: ([Body+40)M

And here's our new person. So, I've still got to decide on the sort of scenario to run, but I think I'll stick with the idea I've got. I do have to apologize, it'll probably be a while yet before I start because I want some NPCs at least named and a general plot sketched up before I get started, and I'm pretty darn busy this week with homework.

So, sorry about the "waiting on GM" issues, but I'll have thing sorted out as soon as I've got the time to sit down, read through the section on making/running scenarios in core, and have some intro scenes put together. Good news is it's a forum, so all of them intro scenes can run simultaneously.

I understand. My main problem with "more RP, less reaction" types of games is that I don't know how to proceed and what I should or shouldn't create. And this awful english, of course.​

I'm going to try to hurry things along as best I can, but it's fine if things remain fairly quiet for now.

As-is, I should look over the characters a bit and see if I can tailor at least intro things to their work a bit. And, hm...I need to decide which option is best for a last boss.

That we've got a good number of students is good. I can definitely work with that. In fact, it feeds into events very neatly.

It's nothing you need to worry about until your characters get pushed together for the scenario proper, but I do recommend forming Loises between each others' characters. The three lasting ones are always what you have to start (and go back to at the end of a scenario, though they need not be the same 3), but picking more up during scenarios is never a bad idea. Like that NPC? Make them a Lois.

Even more editing:
I'll probably post the numbered PC handouts as soon as I can. Since we're presumably not making new characters every scenario, I'll try to make things that fit everyone well enough, and just post them all so you guys can pick and choose which set of connections goes to whom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atmo
Sorry I haven't posted, will do so tomorrow.

I'm not dead yet!

And, for good or ill, I'm going to go ahead and get this started, if anyone's interested. Sorry about the long delay, but other things ended up taking priority because I'm a scatterbrained sort when it comes to leisure time, and it was fairly limited to begin with running up until spring break. But that break is now. So. Time for little character handouts.

The (not very good) trailer:
Normally, the concept of superhumans would be fiction or a rumor. Yet in City L, there are many who aspire to become Overed. A new seminar promisesto unlock the hidden potential of its students.

Gjaum activity is on the rise, and rumor has it that a new drug designed to enhance Overed abilities is responsible.

Amidst this chaos, one young woman resolves to change, and become strong...

Double Cross - Awakening Call

This is the world of traitors.

And PC handouts!

PC 1:
Scenario Lois: Yuko Terajima Emotions: Friendship/Worry Cover/Work: High school student/Any
You are one of the many Overed going to school in City L. One of your friends and classmates, Yuko Terajima, still has latent Renegade, and wishes to become an Overed like you. You aren't sure what to think about this, as you know how dangerous your world really is. One day, she brings in a flyer for a special seminar, and reolves to start attending.

PC 2:
Scenario Lois: Natsuki Tsukino Emotions: Respect/Distrust Cover/Work: any student/Any
Your work with UGN intelligence has you infiltrating a new seminar, due to a number of suspicious and unusual events occurring around it. Much to your surprise, one of the teachers is a volunteer from one of the local universities, and someone whom you respect.

PC 3:
Scenario Lois: Ryouta Hamasaki Emotions: Curiosity/Anxiety Cover/Work: Any/any
You have recently received orders that a suspected False Hearts agent, Ryouta Hamasaki, has been spotted in town. You've clashed with him before, and whatever he's up to, you can't let it go on unchecked. Your investigation so far has turned up that he's likely here to lure some of the young Overed to False Hearts' cause.

PC 4:
Scenario Lois: A friend who recently became a Gjaum Emotions: Lingering affection/Regret Cover/Work: Any/any
One of your closest friends went over the edge a few weeks ago, and you had to put them down before they could truly become a monster. you don't want to see something like that happen to anyone again, and you're convinced what happened to your friend wasn't mere bad luck, they'd always been in control before. You've started looking into their activities, to see if you can drum up any catalyst for the sudden change...

And there you go. maybe not the best, but here's the gist of things for PCs. Pick and choose as you like.

I'm still interested, but I'm going to celebrate my moms birthday right now, so I'll choose one that hasn't been taken later.

Guess that means Iharu's stuck with Scenario 4.

Seeing as 4 and 3 are taken, I guess I will go with PC 2 as it is the only one applicable.

Well, that's everyone, although I've gotten a heads-up from @sleepinghat that they may not be active for a while, so I may try to get things started sooner rather than later, for everyone else.

The intro scenes fro PCs 3 and 4 will probably begin with flashbacks to either the previous encounter with Hamasaki, or their final encounter with their late friend. So, @Atmo and @Zombehs can begin those themselves, if they'd like to. I'd suggest a "Scene: whatever" heading to all IC posts just to keep things straight, especially sicne characters gain encroachment upon entering a scene .

Any scenes I start, I'll probably tag players who must appear (up to and including everyone if need be).

Hmm... I wasn't too sure how to format this, seeing as I'm not even sure if I should react to Atmo yet.

I'll leave Ryouta to our bos- GM, as I don't know what this guy can and can't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.