Dork Seeking Dork (A One x One Partner Search)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MonstarNomNom

Original poster
Hello and welcome to my partner search thread! This is a bit rushed and I had a lot of blanks while writing this, so I will be going back and adding things as I think of them.

A Quick About Me:
  • I have been RPing for over 10 years now
  • I tend to write about 3 - 5 paragraphs per post, and with the right partner even more.
  • I prefer to not RP via PM, but I am open to just about anything else. This includes threads and email.
  • I will not disappear on you without warning.
  • I prefer MxM, however if you have a particularly great idea I can be swayed to MxF or FxF- although this is a difficult sell for me unfortunately.
  • All of my RP's are very plot centric
  • It varies day by day how much I can post, but I do have a lot of free time coming up and I promise to not make you wait for more than a few days!
  • I do screen potential partners! Which means I will stalk you a bit to make sure we are a good match.
  • I will very likely get really excited about our characters and will talk about them a lot. :D
What I Am Looking For:
  • I prefer a long term partner that I can become friends with- because otherwise RP just isn't fun! I like to be able to nerd out over our characters together. It's my favorite.
  • Adults only please!
  • I am an adaptable writer, however I prefer someone who can write at least 3 paragraphs per reply. I want to get to know our characters inside and out!
    • This also means I would like literacy, however I am by no means going to go crazy over typos or anything. I type a lot on my phone myself and will surely make mistakes!
  • I always play some form of LGBTQ character(but mostly gay bois), and prefer a partner that does the same.
  • With my characters, I prefer to not use any kind of set FC's. I love making characters from my own imagination, and using existing people/characters as supplement for my ideas and to convey them to others. I would enjoy a partner who does this as well!
  • I am also very much into character sheets. For mine, I like to start simple at the beginning and then I am constantly adding and tweaking things as the story progresses and I get to know my character better.
  • I am looking for someone who doesn't only write passively and make passive characters. I don't like being the only one advancing the plot. Where's the fun in that? I really want a partner willing to collaborate and help me form plots, not just expect me to do it all.
  • Please only contact me if you are very serious! I hate getting all excited for an RP and getting some posting in, then my partner disappears. If you get tired with the plot or want to stop, please tell me so we can work something out! Don't just leave me hanging.
Genres I Enjoy
* marks craving
  • Fantasy!! (unicorns, dragons- I want it all!)
  • Romance!!**
  • Fluff!!**
  • Sci-fi**
  • Slice of Life, but with an interesting world
  • Supernatural
  • Adventure
  • Survival
  • Apocalypse
  • Time Travel
  • Alternate Universes
  • Decade(80's, 90's, etc)
Fandoms I Enjoy
Only OC x OC
* marks craving

• Movies
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • Lord of the Rings
    • Harry Potter**
    • How to Train Your Dragon
  • TV Shows
    • Sherlock Holmes
    • Supernatural
    • The Walking Dead
  • Games
    • Dragon Age
    • Witcher
    • Kingdom Hearts
  • Other
    • Jem and the Holograms*
Plots I've Got a Hankering For:
**These are very general as I like collaborate and come up with all the juicy deets with my partner!
  • I play a crime boss character, and yours can be whatever you like!
  • Long lost love found again
  • I am really craving a good band RP!
I am equally interested to hear any plots you would like to play as well! :>
I can't wait to hear from you! Feel free to PM me if you are interested, and be sure to include some things about yourself and what you are looking for so we can make sure we are a good match. I can't wait to hear from you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there! You sound like a super cool doode 8D
I, too, am looking for a partner and your thread totally grabbed my attention xD

This is my own search, but I'm definitely up for doing anything else! Sometimes we all just have a craving for some fluffy romance :'>

Do I seem cool? Oh yay x'D because I promise it's a total fascade if so lmao

Ohoho nice, very nice. I noticed the Sci-fi bit right off the bat, because I am craving that myself. Made the mistake of watching the most recent Star Trek movie the other day and now I want gay space goodness. Lol And we could take multiple genres and make something awesome like a sci-fi slice of life romance or something. ;w;

Of course you do 8D Facade or not, /eue/ it's all okay

I am sad because I have not seen that one yet x'D
But yes! We can totally figure something out if the idea appeals to you > V >/
First off, though, does the idea I had in my thread appeal to you at all? As I said previously though, it's absolutely fine if it doesn't /oUo/ it's not for everyone, after all //nods nods

Of course you do 8D Facade or not, /eue/ it's all okay

I am sad because I have not seen that one yet x'D
But yes! We can totally figure something out if the idea appeals to you > V >/
First off, though, does the idea I had in my thread appeal to you at all? As I said previously though, it's absolutely fine if it doesn't /oUo/ it's not for everyone, after all //nods nods
Oh man I am SO sorry I never responded. Oh boy I missed this entirely somehow.
Seriously it has cute gay dads for a split second and just that little scene made my heart happy. Although, the villain was literally the worst. Most deadpan, underwhelming dude ever. x'D
Tbh, I have never done any sort of RP with a foil to a character with a disorder, and I would be so scared to totally screw something up/trigger/misrepresent. Ahhhh lol BUT, everything else I am totally good with ;;
I think my crime boss dude might work well with Rose? I haven't made a character sheet or anything for him in a loooong time, but he's a character I've had for years and I love him so much. I really want someone who can give him a run for his money and has no problem putting him in his place because he can have a bit of a temper and be a real poot. And I can also adjust him accordingly to any kind of world we might want to work in.

@MonstarNomNom
Bahaha, it's no problem! XD Glad I checked in at least now or else it would have taken me another week to reply to you x'DD

That's cute though v3v
A shame about the villain x'D Villain's gotta be bamf. Or else it's no fun, no fun at all //shakes fist

Bahaha. I think it'll be fine XD For the most part, the whole disorder part is just kind of background details, what made him who he is today, and affects some of what he does here and now. So it's not too much of a detail that'll really come out much oUo/ If that makes you feel any better about it XD
Buaha, that sounds wonderful though. A crime boss XD One of my favorite kinds of character. They're friggen great!
I'm all on board for doing something with those two! Do you have a skype or discord you're fine with chatting on? oUo
Or chatter in pm? : D

Status
Not open for further replies.