Don't Want Your Sympathy

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I have no where else to go. My Grandmother can't take me because she lives in a retirement home, and there isn't anyone else who will." Alejandro looked back at Zack. "My name is Alejandro by the way. I always loved the name so when I had me sex change it was the name I chose."

"Your what twenty?" Zack guessed. He estimated that the boy was a few years younget than he was. "You shouldn't stay with your parents if their going to hurt you. Are you a student at the college? Do you work?" He asked. He wanted to know more about the yoinger man. He wonfered if the younger man would accept help if he offered it.

"Nineteen actually turning twenty next week. Yes I am a student and the college, and no I don't really work." Alejandro looked at Zack, and then looked at the paramedic sitting next to him. When something small hit his back, Alejandro winced and turned around to look at what had hit him.

Zack nodded. "What are you studying?" He winced as the ambulance hit a bump. Hr didn't complain though he knew his injuries weren't as bad as they could have been. "Would you be intetested in a job?" He wasnt able to go into detail because the ambulance stopped and the EMTs began preparing him to go inside.

"You'll have to get out so that we can wheel him in." One of the EMTs told him. "Do you need a wheelchair or can you walk in?"

"Art." Alejandro said, and then looked towards the doors as they opened. Alejandro climbed out carefully, using any part of the ambulance he could to hold himself up. His throbbing back was interfering with being able to stand properly. Although he didn't want anybody to see how much pain he really was in, but that didn't work out, when his legs folded beneath him, causing him to collapse to the ground.

"Stubborn." Griffin groeled. He had come out when he had seen the ambulance arrive. He ignored the EMT that rushed around him to get a wheelchair. He easily lifted the younger MSN into his arms. Although he was Zacks twin they couldn't have been more different. Zack was blond with light blue eyes, Griffin had jet black hair with dark blue eyes. There differences didn't end there. Griffin had a scar that went to his left eye to his chin. He carried Alejandro into the hospital.

Alejandro didn't even complain when Griffin picked him up, but he did complain when he was carried into the hospital. Alejandro didn't want to be away from the man that saved him, but he didn't seem to have a choice. When they went through the hospital doors, Alejandro gave up, and leaned against the man.

"Relax. I'm not going to hurt you." Griffin assured him. His voice was low and gravelly. "I'm just going to carry you inside. Zack would be upset if something happened to you. Once the doctors look you over you can check on him." He insisted. He didnt want his brother to be upset because the boy he had rescued didnt receive whatever care he needed. Zack was always putting other people's needs before his own.

Alejandro sat impatiently as the doctors looked him over, assessing his wounds. His knee bounced up and down, waiting for them to let him go. He stared out into the hallway, watching people pass. He wondered where they took the man who saved him.

Zack winced as the doctor wrapped his ribs. His wounds were minor so he was being released once they finished the stitching his arm. He had a long cut there but it wasn't anything major. His brother stood in the corner glaring at the doctor. Griffin tended to be a little overprotective. Once the doctor finished his brother shoved him into a wheelchair. "I want to check on Alejandro." He requested. He ignored his brother's growl. He knew that Griffin would do as he asked.

Once the doctor's were finished with Alejandro, he exited the room he was in, and looked up and down the hallway for the person who saved him. When he didn't see the man, he sat down in a chair, an then waited for him.

"There you are." Zack said when he finally spotted Alejandro sitting in the waiting room. "I was beginning to think that you had left. I hear you meet my brother Griffin." He indicated to his scowling brother. "I promise he isn't as scary as he looks. I was offering you a job. We need a painter. We have been looking for while but no one has really be been what were looking for. Are you any good with murals?"

Alejandro looked up at Zack and a small smile appeared on his face. "Yeah actually I am good with Murals. Oh I never got your name by the way." Alejandro looked at Griffin, and then back at Zack.

"His name is Griffin he doesnt talk very much. Mostly just glares at people. You'll get use to him. We are workibg with the city to revitalize the city. We need to a painter to paint a mural in each of the houses. The job is yours if you want it. It doesn't pay much but it includes a room." Zack told him. The offer genuine. They needed a painter. Neither of them were painters. Griffin was great with wood and he could work metal but painting wasn't something either off them know.

"What kind of murals?" Alejandro asked as he slowly stood up from his chair. "I mean a lot of the art I do is generally based upon cemetery statues, but I can do other stuff as well." Alejandro looked about that hospital, and then watched as someone rolled a stretcher by that contained a body bag on it.

Griffin began to push Zack out of the hospital. Zack reached out and grabbed Alejandro's hand so that he could keep up with his brothers brisk pace. "I don't the cemetery statues would work for what we have in mind. We want something welcoming. Either in the living room or dinning room. You can pick the room and paint just about anything you want as long as it is welcoming."

Alejandro looked down at Zack thinking of what he could possibly do for murals that are welcoming. "Well I guess I'll take it, if it gets me away from my parents then sure why not." Alejandro's gaze dropped down to his and Zack's hands, and then up and Griffin, before looking down at his feet.

"Excellent. We'll give you a lift." Zack told him. He squeezed Alejandro's hand reassuringly. He knew that Griffin could be intimidating. Especially to someone who survived had survived abuse of any kind. Griffin wheeled Zack to a big black Ford Ranger truck. He picked Zack up and gently placed him the passenger seat. "Get in." He growled to Alejandro before going around to the driver's seat.

Alejandro stared at Griffin, and then climbed into the truck, and shut the door. Alejandro buckled quickly, and then leaned back closing his eyes.

Zack reached back wincing in pain from his bruised ribs. "Don't be afraid Alejandro. Griffin will not hurt you. His bark his worse than his bite. I promise you will be safe with us." Griffin carefully pulled out of the parking lot. "I'm glad that you took the job. Are you hungry?"

Status
Not open for further replies.