don't go in the woods
CAST | LORE | IC

Last edited:
Reactions: MiharuAya
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
SERENA BLACKBOURNE
Interactions:
founding kids
Serena preferred to stay quiet during these meetings, let all the big egos say their piece. She didn't really have much to say about anything anyway; she just accepted her designated job, avoided her brother and stuck to the rules. That was the safest way to get through them no matter who was present.

However, those tricks did nothing in the presence of the Provider. Or maybe she just couldn't go unnoticed with her trembling. She hadn't been prepared for his appearance today, though it should have been expected. She sank down lower in her seat as others in the room began talking back, with a clear attitude in their voice. She wanted to strangle them all for their sheer stupidity.

Sometimes, when the provider was near, if felt as if her heart was attempting to escape through her throat, she'd seen the after mass of his anger, had felt it. She shuddered hard, sliding down a little lower in her chair, as if that would somehow help her escape what was coming.

A familiar urge to protect grew within her, leaving her to struggle with fear and anger as the Provider grabbed Avery, her little brother who'd suffered enough. Self preservation became a murky line with what could only be called, pure stupidity.

She was grateful for it at that moment, it was the only thing that got her from her seat and to her brother's side. Closer to the Provider and his horrible army of worms...so many worms. She pushed Avery back, away from the creatures, willingly coming between them both.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Leonardo Ferdinand
Interactions:

When the other introduced himself as Baby, an amused smirk pulled at Leo's lips. "Sure, I'll call you Baby," Leo replied, his voice was friendly, its natural inflection unintentionally giving off a subtle flirtatious undertone. With introductions over, the blond's gaze began to wander around the room. The space still looked bare, with both top bunks still unoccupied. Just as he started to wonder if they would have the room to themselves, the door abruptly opened.

As Leo turned his head to look at the newcomer, his eyes lit up at the sight of the guitar case. While the male moved to swiftly place his belongings on the bed, Leo watched silently. It was obvious by the other's demeanor that he wasn't in the mood to socialize with his roommates. As he passed, Leo gave a simple nod, a silent acknowledgment, and greeting. But, in a flash, the male was gone.

With Baby's blessing, Leo tossed his own bag onto the other bottom bunk, though carefully lean his guitar against the bed frame. With a lighthearted smile, he playfully hopped onto the bed. His legs hung over the edge as he leaned back onto the palm of his hands, eyes surveying his space. "I can make do with this," He quietly vocalized to himself. Leo specifically wanted the bottom bunk knowing that it would be easier to crawl into after a night of drinking and be less awkward if he ever brought someone back to the room.

It wasn't long before another roommate appeared. When Leo glanced at the other he flashed a friendly grin along with another head nod. While he watched the other kick the other's bags from the top bunk, Leo snickered softly. "Hey, I'm Leo," The blond introduced himself to the other, lifting his hand in a lazy wave.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
LUCIDA ABERNATHY
smack a bitch :)
Interactions:
provider, founding children

The children talked amongst each other but the blood pumping in her ears drowned their words. Luc firmly held her gaze with the Provider. She had never forgotten who stood before her.

There was no bargaining.

He taught her well to know this. His teachings were cruel, but she had done everything to absorb every ounce of venom she could collect to make her own. The children were chained to their fates like fucking dogs - starved, abused and deprived of affection. It made them rabid like Zeke Florence and whimper like Alistair Blackbourne.

They were all too weak. Their parents and the children who sat at the table with her.
Even her perfect sister - the Abernathy heiress.
Oh.. sister.. I love you, but you are so naive.

They weren't capable of doing what she could.

Luc trembled but the sweat coating her palms meant something else entirely. The oath had finally been lifted and the Provider stood just before them.

They all dismissed the opportunity.
They were all fucking pussies.

She hadn't reacted - hadn't flinched at the splintering of wood or Avery's writhing body. No, Luc continued to watch his crown. The one she would cut into pieces and feed the crows with.

"DO NOT THINK THAT BECAUSE I CANNOT KILL YOU I WILL NOT TRY TO HARM YOU."

Finally.

It seemed the only one capable of making any decision was the little Blackbourne girl. Grabbing the knife from her back pocket, Luc lunged at the Provider while holding Serena as a distraction. There was no point in falling back to be cornered by the tide of worms.

Luc aimed for the Provider's throat.

She would rather rush forward and close proximity. At least then she could opt to grab one of the chairs and hope to crush his head with it - repeatedly. Of course, thats if she wasn't brutally mutilated first.

Last edited:
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
DAWN VENTURE
Interactions:
founder kids | provider

There was displeasure on the Provider's haggard face. The room's collective skepticism produced a look of disappointment that Dawn had seen so many times before; the Provider was difficult to impress, almost impossible to satisfy and, she supposed, he took their aversion toward open murder as lazy defiance. Dawn remained seated, but kept her eyes on Avery, hoping and praying that the meeting might soon come to an end. She wanted a cigarette, she wanted to breathe fresh air and get as far away from the tower as humanly possible.

A loud crash pulled Dawn from her daydreams, the noise startling her enough to make her pulse race. She drew in a breath and flinched, as if the Provider might come for her next after he was done with Avery. The Blackbourne boy's tears were commonplace, but the reaction still needled at the heiress, and she couldn't help but feel a lump form in her throat. She wanted to get up, she wanted to help, but her body felt frozen to her seat.

That was...until the Provider unleashed his worms.

The horrid creatures fell from the sleeves of his robe and swelled from beneath his feet. They wriggled and writhed, their bodies shiny and wet, but they were only sluggish in appearance. Immediately, Dawn picked her feet up, having learned one too many times that the Provider's pets had teeth. They advanced on her, however, and the others too, racing toward them and attaching to an opportune flash of ankle. Pity the girls who chose to wear skirts.

Bare flesh or not, the worms quickly found her too. They slid up the wooden legs of her seat and attached themselves to her, biting through the polyester fabric of her slacks to sink their horrid mouths into her flesh. Dawn hissed in pain as chaos further erupted, too consumed with not being consumed to pay much attention to Lucida going straight for the Provider's throat. Another worm bit into her, drawing blood just below the knee with its lamprey-like mouth. A chunk of flesh and fabric came away as she stood, throwing the worm to the floor and stomping it underneath her chunky black boot.

More of its brethren crawled toward her, vicious and determined, and unknowingly spurring a rage inside of her. Dawn was known to flee rather than fight, but without permission to leave the tower that had become a torture chamber, the only way out seemed to be through the Provider. Lucida had the right idea.

Limping and with fresh blood staining her clothes, Dawn did the only thing she could think of to add to the chaos: aim a jagged piece of splintered wood from the broken chair at the Provider's back and hope that he was distracted. If this was how she went out, at least her last moments wouldn't be full of cowardice.

Grandfather might actually be proud.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
JOAN LAMBERT
CRIMSON & CLOVER - JOAN JETT
Interactions:
Within minutes, the room had one less occupant. It turned out that the Asian kid was meant to be boarding somewhere else. It was just a simple mistake, of course, but if Jasper were to hear about this, he'd probably say Joan scared her roommate away. After all, it was entirely plausible, given that the girl's personality was something of an acquired taste.

However, Joan wasn't alone for long. As soon as she plopped down on the bed, the door opened once more. A blonde girl came in hauling her luggage--winded and wide-eyed with terror, as if the state of the room (or its sole inhabitant) horrified her to her core.

Words upon words cascaded out of her mouth, like her mouth couldn't quite catch up with her brain. There was hardly any pause between her words. It amazed Joan how someone could manage to talk so much while carrying something so heavy.

Joan stood up--head missing the top bunk by a hair--but she didn't smile nor extend a hand in greeting. This was the best she could do at showing courtesy.

"Yeah, yeah, name's Joan Lambert," she sighed, waving her hand dismissively. She didn't bother to answer the girl's many questions. "Look, Elsa, are you sure you're in the right room? Because the other girl got it wrong, and I don't want you to be settling in where you shouldn't be--"

As the girl spoke, she felt a nagging sensation that there was something on her head; but she shrugged it off, thinking nothing of it.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Elise Campbell
Interactions:

Elise seemed to pay no mind to the rather dismissive tone of her new roommate. Instead, she smiled brightly, listening carefully to every word. She was so excited for her room mates this year! And here was one of her assigned room mates who seemed pretty nice! Elise's lips parted to speak, only to pause for a moment as she glanced out the door, then back to Joan, smiling again, "Don't worry! I double - no, triple checked the room door and the room number I received! So I am definitely sure that this is my room!" Releasing her grip on her bags she reached around into her cardigans pocket, plucking out some neatly folded papers and oddly, an old coin and bookmark in the process.

After putting back the unnecessary objects and papers, Elise hurriedly unfolded the remaining paper as she started up on her rambles once again, "I mean, if it helps I can check again - I may of forgotten! I don't normally... but I guess I was in a hurry so maybe I did?" The blonde mumbled, finally getting the sheet open as she checked over the printed letters on the crisp white sheet of paper, "Yeah! I definitely have the right room!" She exclaimed, grinning ecstatically as she turned the paper to show Joan.

It was only then that Elise seemed to grow aware of herself and she groaned, "My apologies! I tend to ramble - please feel free to just tell me to be quiet, its a habit I have that people tend to dislike about me-"

Elise cut her own apologies off as she stared, wide-eyed at the top of Joan's head. It seemed to be the first moment that the blonde was quiet for more than a few seconds as she failed to stray her gaze. Not a sound slipped from her lips until she reached up, pointing rather boldly at her room mates head and muttered four simple words.

"There is a spider."

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
ALISTAIR BLACKBOURNE
Interactions:
Avery, Serena @Ghostly Boo
There was a sudden drop in temperature in the room, a cold chill born out of a compounding sense of dread within him. There was a loud crash, so loud it made Alistair jump and open the eyes he had unknowingly shut closed. He saw his brother on the ground crying, the worm wiggling by his side.

Still, Alistair's cowardice did not leave him.

In fact, there was a kind of relief in seeing Avery on the ground. The boy was hurt, but only from falling. It could have been worse. At least now the Provider's ire was directed towards something else. For once, Alistair was glad the others had spoken as brashly as they did.

Then, he saw the worms. After all these years, he could not get used to the sight of them, the sound of them, the way they moved unnaturally. Alistair experienced a disgust and terror so visceral he could feel bile rising up in his throat. All he wanted to do was get away.

Without another moment's hesitation, he climbed onto the table, intending to avoid the worms that had already conquered the ground. But it was too late. One of them bit into his ankle, causing him to let out a hiss of pain. Alistair kicked and kicked until he was sure the worm had fallen off, but in doing so he unknowingly shoved aside the burning candle on the table. It fell to the ground with a clatter, setting alight the worms around it. The boy watched as the flames licked against their writhing little bodies. The fire quickly turned them into ash, and they seemed to scream as they burnt away.

Alistair scrambled off the wooden table, afraid that its close proximity to the fire would burn it next. There was no time to waste. He limped towards his siblings, kicking and flailing at the worms that climbed up his body and nipped at his skin. Before long, he grabbed Avery by the hand. Then, to Serena, he nudged his head meaningfully towards the door.

"Hurry!" He cried.

There was still a hint of fear in his eyes, but as the fire grew behind him, so did he grow more determined. His determination might not have been enough to fight the Provider like the others had, but it pushed him to take the opportunity to escape.

He made for the door.

Last edited:
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
JOAN LAMBERT
CRIMSON & CLOVER - JOAN JETT
Interactions:
This new girl held enough energy for ten people. Even her sentences were punctuated with an exclamation point, as if every little word excited her to say. How could someone be so cheerful? It reminded Joan of her siblings, and as with her siblings, she felt out of place: a large, black spot of ink in an otherwise colorful picture.

Shifting her weight awkwardly from one leg to the other, Joan scratched her arm as the other girl showed proof of being in the right room.

"Oh, oka--" She began, but was cut off by the girl apologizing--ironically, for speaking too much. Then, there was a sudden silence between them. Joan felt all the more awkward now, not quite sure of what to say next, until the other girl broke the silence and pointed at the space over her head.

"Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck," Joan flailed her hands helplessly by her head, wanting to get rid of that goddamn thing but not wanting to risk touching it. "GET IT OFF, DAMMIT. KILL IT." She screamed the words in an uncharacteristically high-pitched way, staring at Elise with eyes wide as saucers.

Last edited:
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
SERENA BLACKBOURNE
Interactions:
avery, alistair @Adrian

They were everywhere, offering no escape at all to their horrible little bites and terrible presence. It was like something pulled from her nightmares, surrounded and being attacked from all sides until she was completely covered and slowly being eaten alive. Remembering her nightmare in this moment did nothing to help with her terror.

Worms crawled up her legs despite her attempts to kick them away. Their evil bites had her legs aching and left her doubting how she could possibly do anything to get Avery out of this, she hadn't even managed to keep the worms from him completely.

Relief filled her as Alistair appeared, her feelings towards him were forgotten in that moment with fear as a motivator. She didn't hesitate to get to her feet once Avery was up and moving.

She struggled to smack the worms from her body while also stumbling after Alistair.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
THE PROVIDER
GM Post - NPC
Finally.

He slowly opened his eyes to watch his imminent death greet him in the form of cold, glinting steel. And for a moment, relief washed over his body. His teachings had not been for naught, after all. He waited, arms raised at his sides with the palms upturned, as though to welcome eternal darkness with a warm embrace.

Yet, as the steel grew closer, something warred against him. Not an instinctual self-preservation, no, but something other. It overcame him as it often did, whispering things in his head. He had no name for it, but it felt like disease. Ruin. The bane of his terrible, long life.

The woods did cruel things to one's mind.

The blade was only inches away when the peaceful smile that had formed on the Provider's lips distorted into an ugly, almost inhuman snarl. The tip of the knife bit against his skin, puncturing it, yet he'd grabbed the blade just in time to stop it from slitting his neck. Red spurted viciously out of his split palm, red trickled down to his collarbone, yet he resisted and resisted with all his might. With the back of his other hand, he struck Luc across the face; and he released the knife, his bloodied hand shaking uncontrollably. But there was not a moment to recover, for something prodded against his back just then. Luckily, the robe had hardened upon impact, so the weapon glanced off the surface like it was nothing.

Blood dribbled down from his hand to the floor. The whispers grew louder. They owned him, possessed him.

From his robe, he produced a seed and dug it into the bleeding wound with his thumb. His mouth became agape in pain, a strangled cry leaving his lips. Then, finally, he extended his arm with the palm facing away from him.

He closed his eyes and imagined.

Smoke issued out of his split skin. Tear gas. They were not in the forest. This should not have been possible, and yet… there it was: the Provider's greatest strength that was also his most burdensome curse. He had kept it secret for so long.

The worms, or what was left of them, returned to him as he backed away to the open door. And then he was gone, the smoke leaving with him.

@Princess Rose @DANAsaur @neptune @LuluBunny @Bubbly Potions @Ghostly Boo

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
In the absence of Kellen Armstrong...
Collaborative Post For:
Leo @MiharuAya x Dakota @Ghostly Boo x Baby

"Not alone there," Dakota said with a lazy wave of his hand before tucking it beneath his head, reclining back comfortably on the bed. "My music is so fantastic..." He started, sarcasm thick with every word. "That I can make every ear bleed in close proximity."

"Name's Dakota," he offered Leo in return. He was debating whether or not he should take a nap.

"I haven't had an ear bleed in a while," Baby commented, a chuckle in his voice as he moved back toward his bunk. "A nose bleed? Sure. My ears are missing out." He fidgeted with the poster in his hands, furling and unfurling the edges as he continued to eye the bare spot on the wall. Making a blank space his own for the semester wasn't life or death, but it gave him something to do as the conversation moved around him. For those who knew him well, multitasking to stay busy was commonplace.

The comments caused Leo to laugh, finding the lighthearted banter enjoyable. "Ah, I bet you guys have potential." Leo remarked, waving his hand to dismiss their self doubts. "Just gotta find the right instrument and practice." He encouraged, glancing at his guitar case and remembering all the grueling years of hard work. "But if that doesn't work out, I could always use some groupies," Leo chuckled, a cheeky grin spreading across his face.

Dakota glanced down at the pair going about their business. "Lacking some fans are you?" He goaded Leo. He released a yawn and closed his eyes. "I think seeing that would make my eyes bleed," he said jokingly.

"Now you're just looking for attention," Baby chuckled in response to Dakota's dramatics. "My guy Leo's gonna get some fans and we're gonna have to turn around and take you to the nurse." Finally, he knelt into the bottom bunk and stuck the poster to the wall, half of it obscured by the frame of the top bunk, but it was good enough. Baby turned to sit and slump back, well on his way back to relaxing.

"I had plenty of fans back home," Leo retorted with a playful pout. The statement was mostly true. At his previous school, he had a handful of girls, and guys, that wouldn't miss a single show. The fawning could be annoying at times, but it was worth basking in the attention.

"See? This is why Baby here will be in charge of my fan club," He teased, a smirk pulling at his lips. "But don't worry. When I'm famous and touring the world, I'll still give you an autograph." Leo winked at Dakota, before dramatically flopping back onto his bed.

"An autograph? My dude, you'd be introducing me to all the girls," Dakota said confidently. "Someone has to show them a good time."

"Baby, there could use a hand too eh," he suggested, tilting a foot in Babys direction.

Blowing a humored breath through his nose, Baby grinned at the ribbing, "you think I have a problem meeting girls?" he asked rhetorically. "That's the easy part. All of my friends are girls. They talk to me about you." He glanced from Dakota and over at Leo then, the angle for shit as it put a mild strain on his neck, "they'll talk to me about you too once you start serenading them." He could picture it now—Leo with his guitar, outside of the Florence Hall windows to put on a show for a gaggle of girls who each thought he was singing to them.

The three boys continued to talk, getting to know one another and joking around as the conversation ebbed and flowed from one topic to the next. There was a recap of their respective summers, where Leo had come from and what he thought of Grimsworth so far. The questions and answers were light, fit for the dwindling hours before their senior year. Then it would be back to the grind.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
The Blooming Flame
Collaborative Post For:
Benji @Vinn x Emery @MiharuAya

As Emery peered up at Benji, his head was tilted upwards at a nearly uncomfortable angle while his gentle gaze swirled with affection. The pair had been apart all summer, though it felt much longer for the lonely brunette. Emery had been so delighted to see his friend again after so long, that he had all but forgotten the reason he had come to the greenhouse in the first place. It wasn't until Benji took the plant from his arms, that he realized how tired they were. "Thank you," He murmured timidly, an appreciative grin pulling at his lips

The instant that Benji made a face at him, Emery quirked his head to the side questioningly. While the other spoke in a disappointed tone, Emerys once bright expression appeared crushed. It was as if Benji's words physically hurt him. His eyes went wide with worry, his lips parting, "I- I'm sorry...I um, I should have…" He stammered hastily, his voice growing weaker with every word.

When Benji finally admitted that he was simply teasing, Emery was slow to come back to his senses. His distressed expression relaxed, along with his tense muscles. "That's-...you're so mean." He replied, a soft pout pulling on his lips as he bit his cheek. Though, as Benji returned the same sentiment of missing each other, a warm smile once again spread across Emery's face.

Even though the pair had known each other for a year already, when Benji reached towards him Emery flinched and instinctually clenched his eyes closed. Despite knowing that Benji would never hurt him. It was an embarrassing reaction born out of conflict from other students.

However, as the other ruffled his hair, Emery relaxed into the tender touch. Even allowing himself to lean into it faintly. A soft sigh of contentment fluttered past his lips. "You're going to mess up my hair," He softly scolded, though with his quiet giggles it was clear he wasn't bothered.

When Benji asked about the plant, Emery was reminded of the reason for his outing. "Oh, yes, it is!" He responded eagerly. It wasn't often Emery could be around someone who was as passionate about plants as himself. So, when the rare occasion arose, he always enjoyed it. "I've been growing it since last year." He explained. "But, it's getting too big for the room."

The complement of his plant caused Emery's demeanor to grow radiant, his cheerful smile shining like the sun. At the question of whether he'd like company, "Sure!" He replied happily. Though it appeared that a troubled thought soon overcame his mind. "Uh, um...but only if you want…" He continued, his voice much meeker than before.

Benji beamed excitedly before dimming with Emery's change in disposition.

"Of course, why else would I suggest it?" He worried about the kid's self-esteem or lack thereof. It didn't slip him either when Emery had flinched.

At least it's gotten better.

There was definitely an improvement. When they first met, Emery had flinched or ran off just by meeting eyes with him. Of course, it would take time, but it bothered him that it was still a thing.

"Say it with me." He said in a mock scolding tone. Clearing his throat, he clenched his hand into a fist, expressing his passionate words despite his flat tone. "Yes, Benji. It would be a joy and pleasure. I know you are happy to spend time with me as well. We are great friends - ha. ha."

Benji glanced over to Emery expectedly, sparkles lighting up his dark eyes that were usually rather dull and impassive.

When Benji responded Emery was still hesitant, though as he peered up at Benji a hopeful glimmer appeared in his eyes. "Oh, um...well, I'm not sure…" He mumbled, thinking the question over in his mind seriously. Despite how much it might make Emery happy to have Benji as a companion while he worked in the greenhouse, he was also too conscious that he might find it a burden. Benji being such a considerate friend meant that perhaps he was simply offering out of pity, rather than actual interest. It was a concern that often plagued Emery's mind, as he never wished to trouble someone he held so dear.

As the other told Emery to repeat after him, the brunette listened closely. The words Benji spoke caused Emery's nervous disposition to melt, his large eyes wavering with emotion. Emery's face blushed a shade of pink, which he quickly tried to hide by ducking his head and letting his long bangs cover his face. "Yeah...what you said…" He spoke quietly, just above a whisper as he toed the ground with his shoe shyly. A soft smile pulled at his lips, unable to hide his happiness. At times, Grimsworth was a terrible place. But, when he was able to be with friends like Benji, it was all worth it.

Last edited:
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
LUCIDA ABERNATHY
daisy ✿
Interactions:
provider, founding children

Ever since she was a little girl, she wondered what it would feel like. To plunge a knife into the Provider's throat. She imagined she would feel nothing. Yet, feeling her knife bite into him was a moments wicked thrill, sweet and like honey. A swirl of emotions bellied inside of her, but as quick as it came, it rotted into the familiar despair of helplessness.

She despised it - despised him.

As the Provider caught the blade, Luc struggled but refused to bend. The collected agony inside of her screamed. His blood splattered across her face and she watched in disgust as his features twisted into an inhumane scowl.

It didn't possess a human heart.

Luc felt the blow rattle her skull. The impact traveled from her jaw to her temples. She felt like puking - like she was about to collapse. But she held on, sorting through the dizzying array.

She was so close.

Stumbling, she grasped the closest chair to her for support before swinging it over her head. She wanted to fucking kill him. The urge alone was enough to suppress any pain. Even if he tore off her limbs, she wouldn't dare stop until she saw the last beat of his rotten heart. She had to see it through or she would be better off dead.

Before she could throw the chair and slam his body, smoke seemed to swirl from his open wound.

No.

Despair - it twisted inside of Luc and she froze wide eyed while the smoke burned into her skin. The chair fell against the ground as she covered her eyes. Through the haze, she saw the Provider take exit but the will to persist had already left her.

How?

While the smoke cleared and only the founding children remained in the tower, a silence consumed them with their newfound knowledge. Luc stood staring into nothing, her cheeks stained with his blood and already bruising blue. For a moment, she looked like the beaten down child that she was.

She snapped her fallen head back up. Taking a sharp breath through her nose, Luc tucked away the fallen strands of her braided hair and let out a satisfied sigh. "This was fun. Let's do it again."

Leaving through the door, she stuck out her middle finger to the remaining children in the room before sprawling out the rest of her fingers into a little wave.

Tonight, she would soothe with vodka.

Last edited:
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
ZEKE FLORENCE
BAD - ROYAL DELUXE
Interactions:
founding children
They were all a little too fast for him. The worms. Firm in his place. The mean-eyed blonde stared awaiting his faith. Stubbornness to the core. But his legs and arms were like lead. Hence, Zeke couldn't get away as others desired.

Protected by his clothes, a suitable armour some would say. The Florence heir didn't think of the white noise of smart comments and stupidity of some before this attack.

Worms should have stayed in the fucking ground for all he cared. What pleasure he'd get to think of someone slitting that old man's throat. He was worse than the crones in stories. They were ink and paper. This man was the living embodiment so pissing the bed induced nightmares.

A horror one little secret hadn't been submerged to. All the more reason Zeke hated them.

Standing stubbornly strong, the weights pressed against him. Leaving his form lingering. Several of the worms had wriggled and bit at his legs. But two managed to wound him on the nape of his neck. Zeke stifled the cursing cry when those damned things bit him. Footing wobbled. Hitting the ground with a loud THUD.

Breathing laboured, the worms had gone along with the collar and neck. Wriggling up into his hairline, biting his skull.

The only one brave enough failed the given task. Lucida Abernathy seemed so annoyingly cool and calm in her failure. Accepting it. Which pissed him right off. Only for a moment had she looked like something else. Then she righted herself. Strolling right out the door like she was the God of this shithole.

While for his own weakness and the suffering bites. Zeke was bent at the ground. Mouth animalistically foaming in the rabid rage he felt. If he saw that little sprout that away. He swore, he'd dash their heads against a wall. Watch the life go out of those weak pathetic eyes.

Eyes like his.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
SERENA BLACKBOURNE
Interactions:
avery, alistair @Adrian

She could still feel them, crawling all over her, slithering and squirming against her skin looking for the best place to bite. Only, there wasn't anymore on her, just raw, aching bites across her skin, she wanted to scrub the feeling away, do something to remove that lingering terror.

They were out of the tower now, down on the ground and the closest they could likely get to being safe with the Provider still in such close proximity. She looked back at the door, slight wisps of smoke streaming out. She almost expected him to appear, to come and punish them for running...

She turned back to her brothers. She clutched Avery, looking him over with worried eyes, she then turned to Alistair, about to do the same, when she remembered.

Her eye's quickly turned from concerned to cold as she looked at Alistair. She didn't care if he was hurt, she hoped he was. "So you finally did something," She muttered before wrapping Avery into a comforting hug. "Or was it just lucky that we were on the way to escape?" She asked coldly.
If they hadn't come, would he have even stayed?

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
DAWN VENTURE
Interactions:
founder kids | fey @Princess Rose

Red colored the scene before, making Dawn's pulse race that much harder. The sight of it made woozy, but the risk of passing out among so much commotion was far too great. She snapped out of it when the Provider struck Luc across the face. In that moment, he no longer seemed like the frail old man they had come to endure for most of their lives, rather, he was powerful, seemingly untouchable as the sharp edge of the broken chair leg snapped in half upon contact with his back. Dawn backed up, a splinter that she was unable to feel shoved firmly in her palm.

The room was filled with smoke in the next instance, the bite of it stinging her nose and eyes. Dawn coughed and raised her elbow to her mouth in an effort to block the Provider's latest trick. A few booked it for the door and down the stairs, adding more chaos to the already dizzying scene. Physically hurt, her pride wounded, Dawn didn't know where to turn. It was only when the smoke cleared did she get a better picture; Luc took her leave, and Zeke was halfway transformed into a rabid dog. The others, Dawn could barely register their faces. She didn't want to.

"Fuck this," she whispered, the need to flee settling in once more.

There was a hitch in her gait as she approached her best friend and wordlessly grasped the other girl's hand. If there was one person that she didn't want to leave behind, it was Feyre. She lead the way toward the open door, her stomach sick and her head feeling light. The winding stairs were sure to do a number on her, but fresh air, freedom, safety, were waiting on the other side.

It was only fitting that their senior year kick off with a bang.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
EIGHT-LEGGED ROOMMATE
Collaborative Post For:
Elise (@Sanguine Fox) x Joan
There was a pause as Elise took in the sight of the floundering Joan, whose eyes were wide from panic.

"W-wait! Do you have arachnophobia?" She asked, approaching cautiously as she tried to look closer at the medium-sized spider, curiosity peaking. "S-stop flailing!" Elise squeaked, reaching her hands out to keep Joan's just far enough so she didn't harm the tiny creature. "You may hit the poor thing!"

"I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF IT DIES!" Joan gave a tinnitus inducing yell. The spider's spindly legs danced about on her head, raising the hairs on her arms. "GET IT OFF ME. PLEASE."

"Okay okay!" Reaching closer, Elise hurriedly cupped her hands around the small critter, enclosing it within a loose grip as she pulled it away from her terrified roommate's hair. She was careful to take a few steps back before she opened her palms to watch its movements across her skin comfortably, "Awh! It's a lace web spider!" Elise cooed.

"What do you mean 'aw'?! That's not 'aw'--" At the last word, Joan did air quotes with her fingers, "--That's gross. And lace web? What's that even mean?"

The blonde brightened up, adjusting her spare hand to give the spider further space to crawl as her rambles began.

"They are a common house spider really! They normally tend to stay outside for the majority of the time, so it is interesting to see one indoors! I wonder if something happened to its home? - Oh! I think this one may be female, males are usually smaller with longer legs. They don't live as long as females though who live up to two years! - "

"God, forget I asked," Joan muttered under her breath with a shudder, still feeling antsy from the encounter. She didn't think she would really recover until that horrid thing was either dead or gone from her sight, so she kept a close eye on it even as Elise sheltered it with her hands. Then, she saw the eight legged creature drop to the floor, crawling around the blonde girl's foot. The other girl, lost in her rambling, had failed to notice the spider escape from her grasp.

It was fight or flight mode. Today, Joan decided to fight.

"Oh, shit," Balancing herself on one foot, she hastily removed her shoe--the only weapon she could think to use against the lake web spider, or whatever the hell it was called. She exhaled, blowing aside the hair that had gotten into her face, as she bounced on the balls of her feet in an effort to muster up enough courage to approach the unwelcome visitor.

Then, she gave a war cry, charging towards it like it was her sworn enemy with her shoe raised above her head. The critter skittered away just as soon as Joan slammed the shoe where it once had been. Stupid thing! She thought, as she began to chase it around the room.

Elise, stunned by the oath leaving Joan's lips, took a few moments to catch up to what was happening around her. But when she did, she scrambled to join the chase… albeit for a different motive.

"Don't kill it! It hasn't done anything wrong!" She cried, crouching to grasp the spider from the ground, only to miss it as it scurried further away from her. Joan, who herself had gone on all fours, missed it too.

"Fuck's sake!" Joan half-sighed, half-groaned, briefly hanging her head in exasperation before scanning the room once more. "Wait--where did it go?" Panic laced her voice as she turned about, unaware of her close proximity to her roommate. In doing so, she smacked her forehead against Elise's, the pain from the blow causing both girls to cry out in pain. Joan rubbed a hand against the sore spot, while the other girl held her head weakly between her hands.

Elise then sat on the floor, pressing her hands on the place of impact. When the kneading only resulted in a sharp hiss of pain, the girl could only pause, tears gathering within the corners of her eyes. She turned to Joan, the spider gone from her focus.

"Are you okay? Does it hurt a lot? Do you need ice or something?" The blonde asked.

"Jeez, we're both gonna need ice from that."

Just then, all Joan could think about was how ridiculous all of this was. Though she still felt on edge and her head throbbed from the impact, she couldn't help but let slip a weary little giggle. The expression on her face crumpled so that one might think she was on the verge of crying, were it not for the notable absence of tears in her eyes.

Soon, Elise was giggling along with her.

What a year it was already.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
EYE OF THE STORM
Collaborative Post For:
Richie x Percy @Bubbly Potions

Fetal position sounded good to her now. Instead, she stumbled a few steps away to vomit. Feeling the burning bile creep up her throat. Tears stinging her eyes. Even being sick took her to another place. An obsessive little noise in the back of her head. White noise rang until there was nothing but the bile from absolutely no stomach contents.

Wiping her sleeve across her lips. Blonde strands sticking to her cheeks momentarily—before she brushed them off. Everything about Percy's flesh felt clammy. Her balance was as good as a newborn fawn. Footing shifty and weak. Persephone slipped into her knees beside Richie, not thinking about how much that hurt her knees in the moment. Eyes solely focused on the crow combing over the injuries.

"We—we sh-should take it back," Percy told Richie in a weak, shaky voice. So characteristic of the meek person Persephone embodied.

Darty green eyes notably picked up the squirmish nature of everything. The bloodied bird and the thick inky feathers. "I can carry it, Richie…" She needed to be brave. No matter how shitty she looked.

Percy needed to be brave right now. To not be that burden she always was to others.

Essentially, Richie ignored her.

Not entirely, of course. But her soft request to carry the bird was dismissed with a slight shake of his head. He seemed to look everywhere but her until he rose to his feet, and from there he stared down, the normally calm expression on his face pinched with worry...and a little fear.

"I got him. C'mon let's, uh, let's get you up-"

She was starting to freak him out. Usually the right words were readily available to him, but now he found himself uncertain, irreparably unsettled by his sickened friend. He couldn't stand to look at the vomit. His own stomach roiled at the thought, and he shoved that feeling, forcing his eyes to remain on Percy.

He stuck his free hand out towards her.

"C'mon. Let's go to the nurse," He urged.

"I'm-I am fine, Richie." Percy's voice grew a note more anxious about the conversation of even going near the nurse's office.

She was cautious of the dirtiness of her hands. Her brows noted together. Taking the hand that had been offered to her anyway. Walking in a wobbly unbalanced way. Her long strands had a mess of dirt and stick through them. Which didn't help the unsettling image of blood.

Squeezing his hand with hers shaking.

"Don't pass out."

As if telling her that would physically stop her from doing so. Richie clamped his lips shut and pressed on, his eyes dancing between the looming academy building ahead and the wavering form holding onto him. Instinctively, his fingers tightened around hers. His grip was strong and sure.

He'd never had two wards in his care. And he could feel both their heartbeats in his hands.

Fast. Fleeting. Fragile.

Percy walked on the reassurance and cementing bonds in Richie's words. Don't pass out, okay… She would put her every effort in not to. In a situation like this she was already a burden. His hold felt stronger than hers when it came to their held hands. Willing her to continue moving away from the sight they'd seen and that strange Lonely Tree.

"Th-thanks Richie," she said softly to him. "Can you stay with me at the nurse? They ask questions, I don't like them." Her voice was so fragile and vague.

"They'll talk to ma," she seemed to close off at that fact. "I-I don't want to bother her."

Grimsworth rose before them, a blackened figure rising above the gloomy surroundings like a beacon. As they pressed on slowly, Percy's words fading away into the air like smoke from a cigarette, Richie gave his own reply.

"Sure. Sure. Whatever you want, dude."

Whatever you want, he kept saying.

Jesus. What a start to the year.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
First meetings
Collaborative Post For:
Jasper x Jackson

The day was still early as Jackson made his way through the Abernathy dorm hallways. He held his head high and kept a joyous smile on his face. Today was going to be a good day and nothing can stop that. As he stopped in front of one of the dorm room doors Jack looked down at the little piece of paper he was holding to see if he was in the right place. Nodding his head Jackson went to open the door only for it to open revealing a male, his new roommate. The man was tall, far taller than himself but that wasn't saying much. He gave a small wave as the man stood there before he finally stepped aside. Taking the chance Jack walked into the room, "Seems so, I'm Jackson but call me Jack." Turning to one of the empty beds Jackie started emptying his things out slowly, making sure he had brought everything he needed.

"I'm Jasper," He said, giving the guy space to come in. He lifted his hand to his head, rubbing at the sore spot though made it look like he was simply scratching his head. "I'm on that one," he said gesturing to the top bunk on the far side of the room.

Jack turned to look at the other man and smiled, "Nice to meet you!" He held his hand out for a shake saying, "I haven't seen you around before. What year are you? I'm a Junior."

"Senior," He said, giving his hand a shake. "Probably seen each other in passing a few times." He glanced at the case he'd placed among his things. "Ah, music savvy, that's cool," He offered conversationally, giving a click of his fingers before pointing at the Violin case among his things.

His smile broadened, "Yup! I've been playing for as long as I can remember. Gotten pretty good at it too." Jack moved the case to be leaned on the wall and sat on the bottom bunk. "Play any instruments?" He questioned.

"Nah, that's not my scene. I'm more into football…" Jasper said with a light shrug. "I don't mind some good music though." He took a step out of the room. "Anyways, I'm going to go get some air, see if I can find my mate."

He gave Jack a small wave. "See ya later Jack."

Jack returned the way calling back, "See ya later." Looking around the room Jack started to finish unpacking.

While Jasper closed the door and headed out of Abernathy hall.

Last edited:
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Seriously, What the Fuck
Collaborative Post For:
Cyrus x Calista
Kicking back in the halls meant avoidance, which seemed the ideal rather than frigid awkwardness. Something didn't feel right between her and Joan anymore. Like a rift was forming and the younger of the Grey twins didn't know what to do about it.

Fragile awkward feelings weren't her feelings. They certainly weren't Joan's either. That's what had made their friendship work in the past. But now, everything felt like it was mellowing out. Crumbling at the seams of something neither of them would ever talk about.

Cyrus had yet to even drop off her bags. There felt something so final about what was happening. Like the rift continued and it'd pull her away from Jasper too. It made her angry, sad, confused.

Sitting looking out towards the grey expanse of campus. Cyrus bit her thumbnail until it cracked. Though footsteps caused her to steel herself. Suppressing anything that would speak of conflicted feeling and angst. Brown eyes then snagged on the pretty face she'd come to know.

Calista Shaw.

She'd been Cyrus's roommate the year Cali started at Grimsworth. A characteristically bright fixture amongst the dull and lifeless scenery. There had always been something about the girl that lonely Australian could see a friend in.

"Looks like you gotten yourself into some trouble, hmm?" Cyrus quirked a brow gesturing to the stain of lipstick. The pretty pink almost smeared.

"You could say, I kissed trouble." Calista couldn't help herself, and the comment made the wary girl laugh. Settling down on the wall with Rus. Petite hands smoothing the fabric of her skirt. "It was fun too," the blue-haired spiritualist commented in a light tone of voice. Eyes a shade lighter than her hair offered a playfulness to her words.

"What finally kissed Hunter Nolan?" Rus curled a brow almost disbelieving and there was an instant reaction from Calista that told her so.

Rubbing the back of her head, tussling the already seemingly windblown blue hair. And she laughed. "No, he's emotionally unavailable and not a shred of interest. Teasing him is just fun these days, like his sports." Calista admitted. Tucking her right leg over her left knee.

Headphones were wrapped around her neck. Potentially playing music. Not that Cyrus would hear anything. Likely Bowie, the Beach Boys, Culture Club or even the Beatles. Those were the normal mix of tapes. Cyrus actually had her hooked on Men at Work for a stage there. A sweet slice of home.

"How come you're not in our room yet?" Calista asked, leaning back on her palm. Staring intently at Cyrus's expression. Almost reading her like a damned book. "What's got your vibe so frazzled and upset?" Manicured nails gestured to the woesome girl's posture, face and overall body language.

It annoyed Cyrus that she was so open about her emotions. Or visible about them. Even in the beginning. To Calista, Cyrus seemed like an open book.

"Is it this thing about Joan?" See open book, leaning back the brunette frowned at the question. But didn't hide her lack of response or denial. "Well, maybe she's feeling the same way?" Smiled the other girl, making the latter roll her eyes.

"Doubt it," Rus grumbled.

"Oh, don't be like that. It's not helpful in the least." Calista remarked. Slipping from the place she seated herself. Hands swift and fast ceasing the bags Cyrus had. Beginning her walk towards the dorms. Ignoring any hailing objections coming from behind her. The softest smile tugging on the moon child's lips. "You need to confront this," she chimed, stopping soon enough at the room's door. Peaking inward surely enough.

Brow cocking at the state of the bedroom. "Oh?" It was a cool tone, but almost passing a swift judgement at the state of her things.

Cyrus also stopped in the doorway. Gawking at the pair in the room.

And said: "Seriously, what the fuck?"