4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
High fantasy, modern fantasy, gaslamp fantasy, Anything Fantasy, dark comedy, supernatural, paranormal, psychological, essentially everything except slice-of-life and historical.
I'm pretty sure I made a similar thread maybe a year ago, but it seems this is still a problem!

I was looking at the thread archives on my phone like I am wont to do, and when I went to hit 'alerts', I accidentally hit 'bump' instead. Lo and behold, the thread actually bumped. It was not my thread. Also it was locked and in the archives. I feel like this is not a thing that should be happening...

I'm pretty sure I made a similar thread maybe a year ago, but it seems this is still a problem!

I was looking at the thread archives on my phone like I am wont to do, and when I went to hit 'alerts', I accidentally hit 'bump' instead. Lo and behold, the thread actually bumped. It was not my thread. Also it was locked and in the archives. I feel like this is not a thing that should be happening...
Bumping should probably be disabled in the Graveyard / Archives anyway, as those boards are closed to new thread activity by design.

I agree with @Nebulon Ranger that bumping in the graveyard/archives should probably be disabled (assuming that's easy to do), but, other than that, it's really not a big deal. Accidental bumping just sort of... happens sometimes, but it usually doesn't do very much harm. Even in the graveyard/archives, being able to bump threads there is kind of pointless, yes, but it also doesn't really hurt anything if you accidentally bump an archived thread...

And I don't think it's a bug that you can bump other people's threads, since it makes sense to me that you should be allowed to bump RP's that you're involved in even if you're not the GM or thread-starter. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be like this, and donator members are just trusted not to abuse the bump button. (But uh, correct me if I'm wrong on this @Staff - Administrative)

Yeah, it's not a big issue. I don't fiddle much with the forum permissions stuff, but I think it would indeed be a pain in the ass to limit where donators can bump. The accidental bump here and there is not a huge problem so it can be safely ignored. :P

Reactions: Pahndemic
Accidental bumping happens ALL the time, both for moderators and donators. Restricting it to specific areas would be a pain, and the occasional bump in the archives/graveyard is definitely not an issue :D the threads are locked and no one can reply to them, it'll just be a matter of "Mark this forum as read".

Status
Not open for further replies.