Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Something I was thinking about thanks to this thread.

Now, I understand the reasons why alerts "break" whenever you ignore one of your alerts. That's not what I'm complaining about. (In fact, I very rarely have any issues with it.)

Instead, what I've realized is that I'll also stop receiving alerts whenever a donator member bumps one of my watched threads. My alerts behave exactly as they would if I ignored one of my alerts -- not telling me about any future posts until I go look at the thread -- except there was no initial alert to ignore to begin with, because there was no actual post to begin with, just a bump. o_o I guess the alerts system treats a bump like a post in the sense that it doesn't send any more alerts after that, except without actually alerting you about the bump, therefore making your alerts go silent out of seemingly nowhere (even if you definitely never ignored any of them recently).

This isn't a huge problem for me since I do check my watched threads list fairly often, so I tend not to miss too much when this happens, but, it just seems very counter-productive in terms of the actual function of the donator bumping, so... yeah. I thought I should bring this to people's attention and see if there's anything that can be done to fix it.

I'll have to report that one to the mod developers. D:

• Thank You
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Status
Not open for further replies.