Dominion (Arcadia-Sama/ Everly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anariel was humming to herself, because doing so helped to drown out the faint dings of the hammer that she could hear even though she had plugged her ears to keep the slams from giving her a migraine. She had no idea Howl was back and continued working, her tanned skin shining in the firelight from working so hard. Finished with the blade, she picked up a pair of tongs and lifted the blade, twirling it around before tossing it into an icy bath to cool the metal. She grinned to herself, juggling the tongs for a minute before setting them aside. Maybe now she could work on a personal project. She turned around to grab a spool of sterling, then blinked as she saw Howl. Well there. She smiled and took the plugs out of her ears, then tilted her head at him.

"I see you liked my gift just fine."

-

Annaliese soon finished packing, still feeling uneasy. What had changed? It was a sudden burst of power, as if the being was already there, or had appeared in the port. She glanced at the door for the hundredth time in the span of a minute, but nobody knocked or burst in. Perhaps she was wrong and the being hadn't felt her at all. Maybe it hadn't been paying attention. That was good. She could stay.. no. Putting it off was a mistake. She sighed and picked up her bag, pulling her hood up as she unlocked her door and walked down the inn stairs. Now she just had to find a ship and a willing captain.
"I did. It was very nice. Though, it had more of a personal effect on me." Howl exclaimed as he stepped in, in all his curved horn, furred leg and hoofed footed glory. "You had Atronach Magic in that brooch of yours and didn't tell me. So it was quite a surprise when I bust into flames in front of Erund." Howl explained, slightly more confident in his new skin now that he had openly admitted his transformation. "I'm suddenly a lot more peckish for food now, though, which I guess is a good thing. Erund is eagerly awaiting a plate of your famous food himself." Howl exclaimed, his magic power that had been boosted by the Atronachal transformation now fading slightly. He'd be human soon and he'd need to borrow a shirt. "So, where should I go while dinner's being ready?" Howl asked politely as his horn began to recede into wisps of smoke, his knees the next object of dissipation. For a first time transformation, it had lasted a lot longer than he had expected.

"I see that," Anariel laughed. She picked up a basket nearby and set it down next to him. It was full of fruit and soft bread rolls. "Munch on that for a few minutes. I have a special order that I've got to finish. The other orders we had were higher priority, but the gentleman who ordered this one was quite insistent," she explained, going back to her sterling and unwrapping a good length before using a sharp pair of shears to snap it off. She set the spool aside and got to work, her fingers seeming to hold heat as she deftly twisted and shaped the metal to her liking.

"About a month ago we had a man come in and ask for a brooch. Said it was for an apprentice of his, a weaver, like you. He also said something about running out of time," she mused, frowning a bit before shrugging. "I haven't seen him since, but he already paid in full, so I've got to make it in case he comes to pick it up. He seemed to think it was very important. I'd like to meet the lady he was so anxious about," she added with a bit of a laugh, her eyes entirely focused on her project as she pulled a box of sparkling gems over to her side and started setting diamonds into the scorching pendant. She worked quickly, avoiding getting burned before setting the brooch into a cooling bath.

"There. Now, what would you like for dinner? I'm thinking some salmon sounds quite nice.."

Collette-Z-Sterling-Silver-Clear-Cubic-Zirconia-Flower-Brooch-P13098719.jpg

Annaliese was not having much luck. It was growing later, and it seemed that captains and crews did not simply sit on their ships all day and wait for somebody to come by and hire them. Who knew? Most were gone to the inns and taverns, having a grand time and leaving the docks guarded but mostly empty. She frowned and glanced toward a bustling tavern that was nearby. Logically she knew that finding passage would be easy in there - there were dozens of people, one was bound to have a ship and would likely let her hire them on to leave in the morning. Yet walking into a crowded place like that made her want to run. She took a deep breath and forced herself to relax. It was either face a noisy crowd, or stay in the port and find out what that burst of power was. After a few more moments of deliberation, she walked into the tavern.

"I see that," Anariel laughed. She picked up a basket nearby and set it down next to him. It was full of fruit and soft bread rolls. "Munch on that for a few minutes. I have a special order that I've got to finish. The other orders we had were higher priority, but the gentleman who ordered this one was quite insistent," she explained, going back to her sterling and unwrapping a good length before using a sharp pair of shears to snap it off. She set the spool aside and got to work, her fingers seeming to hold heat as she deftly twisted and shaped the metal to her liking.

"About a month ago we had a man come in and ask for a brooch. Said it was for an apprentice of his, a weaver, like you. He also said something about running out of time," she mused, frowning a bit before shrugging. "I haven't seen him since, but he already paid in full, so I've got to make it in case he comes to pick it up. He seemed to think it was very important. I'd like to meet the lady he was so anxious about," she added with a bit of a laugh, her eyes entirely focused on her project as she pulled a box of sparkling gems over to her side and started setting diamonds into the scorching pendant. She worked quickly, avoiding getting burned before setting the brooch into a cooling bath.

"There. Now, what would you like for dinner? I'm thinking some salmon sounds quite nice.."

Collette-Z-Sterling-Silver-Clear-Cubic-Zirconia-Flower-Brooch-P13098719.jpg

Annaliese was not having much luck. It was growing later, and it seemed that captains and crews did not simply sit on their ships all day and wait for somebody to come by and hire them. Who knew? Most were gone to the inns and taverns, having a grand time and leaving the docks guarded but mostly empty. She frowned and glanced toward a bustling tavern that was nearby. Logically she knew that finding passage would be easy in there - there were dozens of people, one was bound to have a ship and would likely let her hire them on to leave in the morning. Yet walking into a crowded place like that made her want to run. She took a deep breath and forced herself to relax. It was either face a noisy crowd, or stay in the port and find out what that burst of power was. After a few more moments of deliberation, she walked into the tavern.
Howl nodded at the food suggestion. "Just give me enough to fill me. All that magical power ravaged me and I'm starving." Howl exclaimed with a soft chuckle as he sat down on a nearby stool, furiously devouring three of the bread rolls in the space of five minutes, letting a soft expulsion of air from between his lips in place of an actual belch. "Starving is definitely what I am." Howl exclaimed, before pointing to his brooch. "Did you give this Atronach brooch to me knowingly? Or did you just know it was enchanted by some form of magic that you couldn't put your finger on for it's name?" Howl exclaimed, pondering if she actually did know what she was giving him. Then why didn't she tell him? Was it meant to be a surprise? He then listened to her speak of a female weaver who this brooch was meant to be designed for. That sounded very similar to the woman he had met in Erund's shop that morning. What was her name... Ana...Annaliese? That was it. Annaliese. He would ask Anariel when she came back. He would make sure of it.

Anariel came back a few minutes later, food in hand. She had already had the salmon smoking while she was working, because she disliked waiting long after work to eat. Smiling, she set a plate in front of Howl that was piled high with food. A smoked salmon that was dripping with a sweet citrus marinade, sitting on a bed of seasoned rice with glazed baby carrots on the side and a stuffed pepper. It was obvious she liked sweetness in her food. She also set down a basket packed with food for Erund, and a plate for herself. Once she had gotten a pitcher of water and some glasses, she took a seat on a stool herself and gave the curious Howl a grin.

"Of course I knew. I enchant all of my pieces myself. What good would I be if I was handing out things and I didn't know what they were? Tsk," she giggled. "Once we're finished eating, I'll have to enchant that brooch that I just made. Have to wait for it to cool first. See, when you enchant things like the one I gave you, they have to be hot from the fire. But this one is different. Ice requires patience, and I really don't have much, so I occupy my time by eating! Oh! It's supposed to rain tonight, did you know? Some big storm. Everybody's talking about it."

Anariel came back a few minutes later, food in hand. She had already had the salmon smoking while she was working, because she disliked waiting long after work to eat. Smiling, she set a plate in front of Howl that was piled high with food. A smoked salmon that was dripping with a sweet citrus marinade, sitting on a bed of seasoned rice with glazed baby carrots on the side and a stuffed pepper. It was obvious she liked sweetness in her food. She also set down a basket packed with food for Erund, and a plate for herself. Once she had gotten a pitcher of water and some glasses, she took a seat on a stool herself and gave the curious Howl a grin.

"Of course I knew. I enchant all of my pieces myself. What good would I be if I was handing out things and I didn't know what they were? Tsk," she giggled. "Once we're finished eating, I'll have to enchant that brooch that I just made. Have to wait for it to cool first. See, when you enchant things like the one I gave you, they have to be hot from the fire. But this one is different. Ice requires patience, and I really don't have much, so I occupy my time by eating! Oh! It's supposed to rain tonight, did you know? Some big storm. Everybody's talking about it."
"Well thank you for gifting me with expansive magical power, I suppose." Howl exclaimed with a laugh. "It's a very attractive brooch, Anariel. I'd say if anyone wanted that, they'd pay handsomely. Though I have to say, this weaver you speak of...sounds awfully familiar. I met a weaver myself who wasn't best pleased at company. If you want, on my way to Erund's place tonight, I'll find her, give her the brooch and get the payment to you in the morning, if she has it. " As the plate got set on the table, Howl immediately began devouring it with a furious gusto, the tastes overwhelming his taste buds as if the food was magical in quality itself. "This...is...astonishing." Howl exclaimed through breaths as he fed on the heavenly meal. The flavours fought their own war in amongst his taste buds, the citrus fighting with the fish to create some unholy taste explosion which pleasantly ravaged his mouth. "That would sound like my mantra if I were to take up smithing." Said Howl, taking a break from the food he had stuffed himself with, now nearly completely full to bursting. "Erund will like this, most definitely, if he's the same in tastes as I."

"Really? Well, if you know who it's for, you should tell her to send her master this way so I can make sure it goes to the right person. He paid for it when he commissioned it. I just hope he's alright, he was awfully.. jumpy. He paid for a lot of enchantments in that, too. That's why I added so many diamonds. They soak up charms more, though you probably knew that since you're a weaver," she laughed, amused by how quickly he ate and seemed to enjoy it. She finished her own plate, having given herself less than him. Honestly she just didn't eat much. "I know Erund will like it. That silly old man loves everything I make. A few weeks ago he was in here begging for my carrot cake! Come back tomorrow and maybe I'll have one for him. You should get back to him now. It's starting to rain," she advised, smiling at him and pecking him on the cheek in a friendly manner before going back over to the brooch to start the enchantment process.

-

Annaliese was outside, her hood up to protect her from the rain, which was quickly getting worse now that it had started. A man inside the tavern had been kind enough to direct her to the only ship in port likely to take such a passenger, so now she was out on the docks. She had found the ship in question and was looking around, attempting to locate the captain, who seemed to be missing. This was frustrating. The docks were soaked and getting slippery, and she disliked how the waves made the boats rock and creak. It was all so ominous. Get a grip, Annaliese. Nodding once to herself, she crossed her arms and settled in to wait. He would be back soon. Hopefully.

"Really? Well, if you know who it's for, you should tell her to send her master this way so I can make sure it goes to the right person. He paid for it when he commissioned it. I just hope he's alright, he was awfully.. jumpy. He paid for a lot of enchantments in that, too. That's why I added so many diamonds. They soak up charms more, though you probably knew that since you're a weaver," she laughed, amused by how quickly he ate and seemed to enjoy it. She finished her own plate, having given herself less than him. Honestly she just didn't eat much. "I know Erund will like it. That silly old man loves everything I make. A few weeks ago he was in here begging for my carrot cake! Come back tomorrow and maybe I'll have one for him. You should get back to him now. It's starting to rain," she advised, smiling at him and pecking him on the cheek in a friendly manner before going back over to the brooch to start the enchantment process.

-

Annaliese was outside, her hood up to protect her from the rain, which was quickly getting worse now that it had started. A man inside the tavern had been kind enough to direct her to the only ship in port likely to take such a passenger, so now she was out on the docks. She had found the ship in question and was looking around, attempting to locate the captain, who seemed to be missing. This was frustrating. The docks were soaked and getting slippery, and she disliked how the waves made the boats rock and creak. It was all so ominous. Get a grip, Annaliese. Nodding once to herself, she crossed her arms and settled in to wait. He would be back soon. Hopefully.
"I'm no enchanter, so my knowledge on that spectrum is hazy. I deal with puppetry rather than life energy." Howl explained as he lay his empty plate to the side, indicating he was full. "Thanks so much for all the food Anariel. It truly was the best thing I've ever eaten." Howl exclaimed with a smile, lying back in his chair. After he heard her mention Erund, he stood up, taking a deep breath as the food suddenly became lead in his stomach. "I'll make sure Erund gets to taste the joyous wonder of this food, Anariel. Don't you worry." After being pecked on the cheek, Howl gave her a gentlemanly peck on the hand as she went back to enchanting the brooch. "Good morrow, sweet Anariel." He said dramatically, leaving the smithy. It truly was raining now, were escaping the heavens in torrents. Running down the avenue of cobbles, Howl soon reached the shop owned by Erund and opened the door with his free hand, the plate of food in the other, wrapped to ensure the rain did not spoil it. "Erund, I'm back."

"Ah, there you are, Howl. I hope that dinner was good. I'll see for myself in a moment," Erund said with a laugh, taking the plate from the boy. He started to say something else when shouts outside caught his attention. Frowning, he went over to the door and peered out before starting to curse. "Lightning struck the docks. There's a fire. All those ships are going to be nothing but tinder when the flames reach the moorlines," he muttered with a scowl, grabbing his jacket. "Come on, boy. They need help."

-

Annaliese had still been waiting for the captain when the lightning struck. It snapped the dock in half before the blaze began, and she found herself wedged between splintered wood and a bobbing ship. She squirmed and tried to climb out, but the waves kept rocking her back into place. Still she fought.. until she saw the flames. Fire?! She couldn't fight fire, not in this position! Frowning, she held up a hand and wove a net of ice to cast onto the dock, but it only froze part of it. The fire was still out of control, and she was still stuck. She only saw one way out. Swimming. If she let go, she'd fall into the water entirely and be able to swim her way back to shore. Hopefully. She shifted, preparing to drop in when the dock split more from the fire and she was dropped against the boat. The impact knocked her out cold and she slumped down, still half out of the water on the broken part of the docks.

"Ah, there you are, Howl. I hope that dinner was good. I'll see for myself in a moment," Erund said with a laugh, taking the plate from the boy. He started to say something else when shouts outside caught his attention. Frowning, he went over to the door and peered out before starting to curse. "Lightning struck the docks. There's a fire. All those ships are going to be nothing but tinder when the flames reach the moorlines," he muttered with a scowl, grabbing his jacket. "Come on, boy. They need help."

-

Annaliese had still been waiting for the captain when the lightning struck. It snapped the dock in half before the blaze began, and she found herself wedged between splintered wood and a bobbing ship. She squirmed and tried to climb out, but the waves kept rocking her back into place. Still she fought.. until she saw the flames. Fire?! She couldn't fight fire, not in this position! Frowning, she held up a hand and wove a net of ice to cast onto the dock, but it only froze part of it. The fire was still out of control, and she was still stuck. She only saw one way out. Swimming. If she let go, she'd fall into the water entirely and be able to swim her way back to shore. Hopefully. She shifted, preparing to drop in when the dock split more from the fire and she was dropped against the boat. The impact knocked her out cold and she slumped down, still half out of the water on the broken part of the docks.
"A fire?" Howl questioned rhetorically as he thought to himself, what his plan of action could be. He'd have to summon Eurynome. There would undoubtedly be trapped sailors that would need rescuing. He didn't have a aquatic magic to deal with the fires specifically, although he was sure with the magic of the Atronach, he'd be able to use the fire as a feeding ground for himself, turning the majesty of the flames into pure spiritual energy. Running with the wind behind him, so to speak, Howl reached the docks in five minutes. The relief effort was ongoing, but within the chaos of the vicinity, Howl saw one familiar face. Then he cursed. Of course it would be Annaliese he would have to show his secret weapon to. Of course. Annaliese was stranded between the wood of the marina and the ship's hull, and he would need to wrench her out. "Annaliese!" Howl called, relinquishing his cape from his bare shoulders, his tattoo in full viewable glory. "You, great devil, who feed on hope, destroy joy, and rid this world of light, purge the enemies before you of their holy lives, and ensure your dominion!" Howl chanted as with spark of electricity, Eurynome exploded into life onto the dock, it's midnight and blood coloured skin it's most remarkable feature. Suddenly, the strings of pure radiating magical energy pooled from Howl's fingers and attached themselves to the puppet, Howl weaving it to push the boat sideways in order to relieve Annaliese of the pressure and support her ability to swim away from the ship. "Annaliese." Howl explained as the ship was titled sideways by the gripping hand of the puppet. ""You have at maximum, five minutes to wriggle out of that spot before I have to let the ship return to it's original position. Get swimming!" He exclaimed, beads of sweat dripping from his forehead in rapid succession as the weight of the ship on his magic took a hard toll on his stamina.

Howl's voice roused Annaliese partially, and she shifted her weight. That small movement combined with Howl's efforts to move the boat and she slid down the broken dock into the water. She was so startled by the sudden wetness and the sight of the fire that she lashed out with both hands, ice spreading from her at a speed almost too fast to follow with the eye. The sea froze beneath her so that she didn't sink, and the ice wrapped around the legs of the dock, spreading upward until the wooden planks were covered in a slippery layer of clear crystal. Though she had stopped the fires there, she did not stop the ones on the surrounding ships. Now every boat in the water was stuck in the ice, which extended about fifty feet from where Annaliese was, in all directions.

People who had been on the docks with buckets trying to put out the fires were starting to exclaim and shout in anger. What was this? At first they had been shocked by Howl's puppet, but now they were simply furious at what was happening. They couldn't get to the water anymore to throw on the fire, and they kept falling over each other as they struggled to maintain footing on the ice. A few fell, sliding off the docks and onto the frozen ocean surface, which only served to disorient them further as they all looked around and tried to understand who had done such an awful thing.

Erund, who was on the dock as well, had seen what happened. He got down on his knees and grabbed Annaliese, hauling her up onto the docks and wrapping her icy body in his cloak despite the fact that it was still storming outside. Once she was off the water, the ice started to melt and she passed out again in his lap.

Howl's voice roused Annaliese partially, and she shifted her weight. That small movement combined with Howl's efforts to move the boat and she slid down the broken dock into the water. She was so startled by the sudden wetness and the sight of the fire that she lashed out with both hands, ice spreading from her at a speed almost too fast to follow with the eye. The sea froze beneath her so that she didn't sink, and the ice wrapped around the legs of the dock, spreading upward until the wooden planks were covered in a slippery layer of clear crystal. Though she had stopped the fires there, she did not stop the ones on the surrounding ships. Now every boat in the water was stuck in the ice, which extended about fifty feet from where Annaliese was, in all directions.

People who had been on the docks with buckets trying to put out the fires were starting to exclaim and shout in anger. What was this? At first they had been shocked by Howl's puppet, but now they were simply furious at what was happening. They couldn't get to the water anymore to throw on the fire, and they kept falling over each other as they struggled to maintain footing on the ice. A few fell, sliding off the docks and onto the frozen ocean surface, which only served to disorient them further as they all looked around and tried to understand who had done such an awful thing.

Erund, who was on the dock as well, had seen what happened. He got down on his knees and grabbed Annaliese, hauling her up onto the docks and wrapping her icy body in his cloak despite the fact that it was still storming outside. Once she was off the water, the ice started to melt and she passed out again in his lap.
After relinquishing his hold on the boat, Howl gasped for breath as Eurynome disappeared back into non existence, a wave of salty seawater colliding with the boy as he fell to one knee, almost in reverence of the aquatic submersion he had suffered. He was puely exhausted from both his earlier transformation and now the extended use of Eurynome. However, with the ice around him, he needed to be careful how he walked with the limited stamina he had before he passed out. The citizens were slipping and sliding as they put the remnant fires out. He saw Erund helping out Annaliese and called out to him also. "Erund!" He called out, trying to crawl over to the pair, his vision slowly darkening. "Erund, I'm going...to...pass..." Howl exclaimed, a few centimetres from Erund as he passed out from lack of stamina.

Erund blinked and looked from Howl to Annaliese and back again. Well this was just great. The old man didn't think he could even carry one let alone the other! He gestured for one of the sailors nearby to help and soon got the pair moving.

-

Annaliese woke up several hours later. Erund had moved them to the space over the shop he had offered to Howl. It had been cleaned out and was nice and warm thanks to sitting over the forge. There was a soft bed in the corner covered with a quilt that Annaliese was curled up on, and a single dusty window that looked down over the street. A small dresser stood off to the side, and the other wall was liked with boxes and crates full of things that Erund had honestly forgotten he had. Unused supplies. The floor was wooden and covered in a rug that was so old and worn, it was impossible to tell what the pattern had been in the first place. Howl had been placed next to Annaliese, though she didn't realize that as she began to stir and shift around on the bed.

Howl woke from a deep and dreamless slumber to the peaceful rustling of his own awakening, beneath the comfortable sheets of a small bed, to which he sat up from to gaze across his surroundings. He was on the second floor of somewhere, he knew that much. However, there was someone in a bed beside him. A familiar, female someone. No...it couldn't be. But it was. "Annaliese?" He exclaimed, the worst possible thoughts coming into his head. "We didn't...did we?" Howl exclaimed, blush rushing to his cheeks.

"Didn't what?" Annaliese asked, already in the process of getting up and patting the wrinkles out of her clothes. They had an odd scent to them, as though she had been in the ocean. She considered that, then recalled the night before. The fire. She frowned and gave up the patting. Salt water made it useless, she would simply have to go back to the inn and change so that she could wash these. Nodding to herself, she glanced at Howl and saw that he seemed.. embarrassed? She frowned in confusion, then realized just what he was asking her. That was what he thought of her?! That she would do something like that with somebody she barely knew?! She scowled and picked up a pillow, chucking it at his face hard enough that she likely made him fall off the other side of the bed if he wasn't paying attention.

"Rude," she muttered, turning around without another word and walking down the stairs. She didn't understand males, and she was starting to find that she did not care for them in the least. Why his mind would automatically go there of all places, just because they had woken up side-by-side..

"Good morning, lass," Erund greeted as he saw Annaliese. He smiled at her and waved a bit, sitting on the side of his work bench and eating Anariel's food from the night before as breakfast since he hadn't gotten a chance to munch on it the night before with all of the drama. "Apple?" he offered, tossing one to her, which she caught without thinking. She gave him a smile and bowed her head to him.

"Thank you for helping me and giving me a place to stay for the evening. I will return later to thank you properly, but I must be elsewhere this morning," she said politely, her voice having a sharp edge thanks to her irritation. The old shopkeep simply nodded, watching her leave the shop before he looked at the stairs. That was interesting.

"Howl! You want breakfast?" he yelled up the stairs.

"Didn't what?" Annaliese asked, already in the process of getting up and patting the wrinkles out of her clothes. They had an odd scent to them, as though she had been in the ocean. She considered that, then recalled the night before. The fire. She frowned and gave up the patting. Salt water made it useless, she would simply have to go back to the inn and change so that she could wash these. Nodding to herself, she glanced at Howl and saw that he seemed.. embarrassed? She frowned in confusion, then realized just what he was asking her. That was what he thought of her?! That she would do something like that with somebody she barely knew?! She scowled and picked up a pillow, chucking it at his face hard enough that she likely made him fall off the other side of the bed if he wasn't paying attention.

"Rude," she muttered, turning around without another word and walking down the stairs. She didn't understand males, and she was starting to find that she did not care for them in the least. Why his mind would automatically go there of all places, just because they had woken up side-by-side..

"Good morning, lass," Erund greeted as he saw Annaliese. He smiled at her and waved a bit, sitting on the side of his work bench and eating Anariel's food from the night before as breakfast since he hadn't gotten a chance to munch on it the night before with all of the drama. "Apple?" he offered, tossing one to her, which she caught without thinking. She gave him a smile and bowed her head to him.

"Thank you for helping me and giving me a place to stay for the evening. I will return later to thank you properly, but I must be elsewhere this morning," she said politely, her voice having a sharp edge thanks to her irritation. The old shopkeep simply nodded, watching her leave the shop before he looked at the stairs. That was interesting.

"Howl! You want breakfast?" he yelled up the stairs.
"Thanks Erund! I would love some. I'm starving because of all that energy I lost yesterday." Howl exclaimed with a smile, a yawn and a stretch soon following as he stood up from the bed to greet the new day. "So what happened last night, Annaliese? My memory's failing me. Did I have too many pints with the sailors of Ardus? Or was it something slightly more exponential?" Howl exclaimed, rubbing his temples, a headache seemingly crawling it's way into his brain. All he seemed to remember was having the colossal strength to lift a ship off of someone. Was it him? Or was it someone....something else? He'd have to ask Erund when he departed downstairs for breakfast. "I'm not rude. I was worried we had, and I know you're not some portside night time treat for arriving sailors either. Humblest apologies, Lady Annaliese." He addressed formally before she left. Departing downstairs, he sat on the counter and waited for Erund's decision on breakfast.

Erund laughed as Howl finally made his way down the stairs after Annaliese had left.

"You missed her, lad," he pointed out, though Howl had probably already realized that once he looked around. The poor boy was speaking to nobody but the elderly shopkeep. Shaking his head, Erund went over to Howl and set down a plate of pancakes with a heaping pile of bacon and sausages. Meat was something he didn't skimp on, especially when it came from his wife. Her seasonings were to die for. "Eat up, we've got a lot of work to do today," he advised, going back to his own plate to get seconds from the platters he had sitting around. Mm..

Erund laughed as Howl finally made his way down the stairs after Annaliese had left.

"You missed her, lad," he pointed out, though Howl had probably already realized that once he looked around. The poor boy was speaking to nobody but the elderly shopkeep. Shaking his head, Erund went over to Howl and set down a plate of pancakes with a heaping pile of bacon and sausages. Meat was something he didn't skimp on, especially when it came from his wife. Her seasonings were to die for. "Eat up, we've got a lot of work to do today," he advised, going back to his own plate to get seconds from the platters he had sitting around. Mm..
"Damn it." Howl exclaimed as hi eyes lit up with childish gusto as Erund mentioned food. He was starving, and as soon as the plate was laid out for him, he dug in, ravenously destroying and digesting the meat and bread. "Wha-" Howl exclaimed mid-chew, almost choking on the food. Swallowing, he continued his tirade of thought; "What jobs would you have me doing?" He exclaimed, before his face was alight with a smirk. "Rescue a damsel in distress from the harbour once more?" He kidded, before taking things seriously. "I'll do what needs to be done, Erund!"

"Ah, sorry, fresh outta damsels," Erund said with a chuckle, shaking his head. "I'm going to have you start in the back room. Not working in there just yet, so you can use the morning here to clean up. Lots of shavings gotta be swept up, stuff like that. Don't worry about organizin' anything, just stack whatever needs putting away off to the side and I'll take care of it later. I'm off to the market to grab a few things, be back soon. Don't dillydally along too much."

With that, the shopkeeper left Howl on his own.

"Ah, sorry, fresh outta damsels," Erund said with a chuckle, shaking his head. "I'm going to have you start in the back room. Not working in there just yet, so you can use the morning here to clean up. Lots of shavings gotta be swept up, stuff like that. Don't worry about organizin' anything, just stack whatever needs putting away off to the side and I'll take care of it later. I'm off to the market to grab a few things, be back soon. Don't dillydally along too much."

With that, the shopkeeper left Howl on his own.
"Fresh out of damsels? Damn." Howl reiterated once more with a cheeky smile on his face as he collected an apron from the storeroom, tying it around his chest and then also collecting a broom and began his first job of the day. Sweeping quickly and precisely, he swept the dust and the shavings into a neat pile in the corner of the workshop. Making sure he had organised the piles of shavings and dust, he peered around the workshop to see if there was anything in need of organising. Gazing around, he placed a few pots and tools in organized piles, and waited for Erund to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.