Does anyone remember the Iwaku Minecraft Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. What kind of server was it?
Vanilla, everyone kind of just wandered out and made their own homes.

There was little interaction/co-operation. Probably why it died so soon.
Iwaku rules applied, obviously.
Actually that depends on the host.

Iwaku rules only apply to Iwaku. Anything that happens off the site is outside of Iwaku's jurisdiction (Moderation/Admin wise).
This includes TeamSpeak and any Skype Chat that focuses on something Iwaku related, may it a RP, games night, roast etc.

The rules for those places are left to whoever is running/hosting the thing.
Now generally people follow Iwaku's rules by default for consistencies sake.
But there's nothing forcing them, it's not like Diana can ban (or even warn) anyone here for actions they do on a Server or chatroom (Cbox rooms on Iwaku excluded, because those are on the site itself).

Like for an examples

TS only really seems to enforce the Blue Star/Red Star thing. Where people try to avoid overly mature talk with minors around, but even then it's only successfully enforced about 90% of the time.
Anything else like dark/offensive humor is fair game, someone might complain and get offended. But if the hosts of TS decide it's fine then there's nothing other staff back on Iwaku can do about it.

Last edited:
@Gen. Gwazi Magnum PI
Iwaku rules still applied because it was hosted by Iwaku. Of course everything off Iwaku has its own rules
So is TeamSpeak.

If they or the Minecraft Server are following the same rules as Iwaku they're doing so because the host is loyal to the rules and wishes to enforce the same ones.
Not because they are being forced to enforce the same rules.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Infinatis
Here are some screenshots I saved from the server:

2014-07-25_163119_zps91fbc655.png

2014-07-25_163129_zps656cb2ac.png

2014-07-25_162535_zps0b077b28.png

2014-07-25_130238_zpsa182c926.png

2014-07-25_162849_zps2863dbb2.png

2014-07-25_162919_zps4e10c8fd.png

Actually Iwaku rules applied to both the Minecraft server that Jared hosted and the TS servers. He states as much when he created the threads for them way back when.

TS doesn't get monitored often because of reasons, but it should be. Same goes with the Minecraft server.

Basically, if Iwaku/Jared hosts it then it's still part of Iwaku. Does that mean we'll always monitor it like we do the main site? Probably not. But then again, we sometimes like to think that you will act like the adults you think you are and follow the rules without someone lording over you.

Skype is out of our jurisdiction. That's where all you bad people do your bad stuff. Sometimes we know about it and wait for you to fuck up here. Sometimes we don't.

Here are some screenshots I saved from the server:
And this was the Survival server?
Actually Iwaku rules applied to both the Minecraft server that Jared hosted and the TS servers. He states as much when he created the threads for them way back when.

TS doesn't get monitored often because of reasons, but it should be. Same goes with the Minecraft server.

Basically, if Iwaku/Jared hosts it then it's still part of Iwaku. Does that mean we'll always monitor it like we do the main site? Probably not. But then again, we sometimes like to think that you will act like the adults you think you are and follow the rules without someone lording over you.

Skype is out of our jurisdiction. That's where all you bad people do your bad stuff. Sometimes we know about it and wait for you to fuck up here. Sometimes we don't.
So the staff are technically supposed to (and allowed) to monitor those things, and hand out warnings/bans for behaviour committed in those places?
If so, I had no idea. :/

And this was the Survival server?

So the staff are technically supposed to (and allowed) to monitor those things, and hand out warnings/bans for behaviour committed in those places?
If so, I had no idea. :/

If they are open to the Iwaku public then we are supposed to monitor them. That doesn't imply some "Big Brother" level of spying. Just like here, we watch and listen and if something is out of the ordinary we respond.

As for handing out bans and warnings, just like on Iwaku main, it's handled in a case by case basis.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Just curious. If there was a kind of Iwaku MC server again who would be interested?

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
The server was a creative mode server. It was also a vanilla server. One could play in Survival if they chose

However, that server ran on an old version. When version 1.8 launched back in September, we ran into a case where people had to use the older version of Minecraft to play on it. To add insult to injury, the server software developer announced they were no longer going to update their software. Mojang stepped in and announced to the world that they own the software, which eventually led to a DMCA claim from one of the contributors.

As you can imagine, that was the stake through the heart of that server software.

I think @jared555 has kicked around the idea of launching a new public Iwaku server, but at the present, I don't think there's anywhere to host it.

I'm on Teamspeak all the time. It's monitored. You're welcome to jump in and monitor it, too. :)

You should probably remember to remind Gwazi of that then, @Alan

If they are open to the Iwaku public then we are supposed to monitor them. That doesn't imply some "Big Brother" level of spying. Just like here, we watch and listen and if something is out of the ordinary we respond.

As for handing out bans and warnings, just like on Iwaku main, it's handled in a case by case basis.
Ok. I was under a false idea on how that stuff was run then.
Just curious. If there was a kind of Iwaku MC server again who would be interested?
I'd be interested.
I know Alan goes to TS. I was never arguing that TS was absent of staff presence.
Just that it wasn't under Iwaku's rules, which you've already corrected.

I would be interested in an Iwaku server. We could make like cities and stuff where people can buy/sell stuff.

I would be interested in an Iwaku server. We could make like cities and stuff where people can buy/sell stuff.
Pretty sure that's what everyone thought of. Making roleplaying towns and cities.

Too complicated and tedious for most people without mods.

It would have to be Survival then.
A market would be pointless if Creative because everyone already has access to an infinite amount of everything.

We could make a few cities and tows, give out the coordinates and people can make shops, buy houses, etc. We could even make battles. Or, at the start, you swear allegiance to one of two factions (or go freelance) and you live in a city and you have your own job. You could be soldier, farmer, miner, hunter, etc. If you're freelance, you can be independent, maybe you can be a traveling merchant, or you could create a mercenary group! (sorry, its mah creative juices)

Yeah, we'll make it survival

You would also need some heavy incentives though to have people do those roles rather than simply play Minecraft as usual.

<OffTopic>

Perhaps you're right.

HEY @Gen. Gwazi Magnum PI TEAMSPEAK IS MODERATED AND MONITORED. You didn't forget I'm staff, did you? Or Dawn, Red Velvet, and Melon? :P There's a great many staff that frequent the Teamspeak server. Now, we can't all be there 100 percent of the time, but there's usually an active staff member present. If there's an issue you feel needs to be addressed, feel free to send a PM or otherwise speak up there.

</OffTopic>

<OffTopic>

Perhaps you're right.

HEY @Gen. Gwazi Magnum PI TEAMSPEAK IS MODERATED AND MONITORED. You didn't forget I'm staff, did you? Or Dawn, Red Velvet, and Melon? :P There's a great many staff that frequent the Teamspeak server. Now, we can't all be there 100 percent of the time, but there's usually an active staff member present. If there's an issue you feel needs to be addressed, feel free to send a PM or otherwise speak up there.

</OffTopic>
I repeat:
I know Alan goes to TS. I was never arguing that TS was absent of staff presence.
Just that it wasn't under Iwaku's rules, which you've already corrected.

Just making sure it was clear, Gwazi. :)

Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.