Does anyone know what this is?

X

Xindaris

Original poster
So I was walking around campus the other day, and while glancing in the adjoining gym I noticed this device. It was scrolling the words "PLAY WITH ME" across the lit up LED floor there.

So I did the most natural thing, and took a picture of it to post it on the internet for people I've never met in person to evaluate the identity of.
Of course.

Looks kinda like a DDR game.

Obviously it's a platform for a threesome.

Jokes aside, I believe that, along with the others, that it's got to be related to footwork.

Considering it's in a gym, and considering it's placement in the gym (surrounded by cardio machines), I'll assume it's one of two things:

A fancy run-in-place, step-where-the-lights-are styled "game" that works your cardio, or a very fancy version of DDR. That's not DDR.

Probably has something to do with zumba or just dancing in general.

Why not have a try at it next time you walk by? :P

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdi5PqMm4jQ&feature=related"]YouTube- 2001 Space Odyssey. Dave turn off HAL[/nomedia]</EMBED></EMBED></OBJECT></EMBED></EMBED>

Well that was a pain in the butt to find...

Spendy little bugger too...

www.lightspace-play.com/platform/the-play-floor/

The Lightspace Play Floor combines the latest in interactive technology with software controlled content that will provide hours of fun and exercise for kids and adults of all ages and abilities. The system is capable of storing and running a potentially limitless variety of games and interactive programs that can be used by multiple participants simultaneously. The Lightspace Play Floor creates an engaging experience that will draw young children, teenagers and adults to activities what will excite and entertain them, all while keeping them active and fit. The Play Floor is controlled and powered via the Lightspace Console.

So...

It's a very, very expensive Wii Sports + Fitness?

DON'T STEP ON IT! IT'S GOING TO COPY YOUR DNA AND FORM A CLONE ARMY!

So...

It's a very, very expensive Wii Sports + Fitness?

In a nutshell... yes... Also with some DDR mixed in... and the ability to get lightshows...

Also comes in a variety of sizes... and a wall mounted version as well.

It looks really neat, though. I kinda wanna play with it. .__.

Weell, the rest of the answers were mostly hilarious or fun, though Woodrat gave exactly what it was, which sates my curiosity..dang that's expensive.

I would give it a try, but students still have to pay for gym memberships, I don't have one, and it's near the end of the semester, soooo....yeah. I think it might also be in a room blocked off from regular gym usage, like for particular classes or something--no-one was in there when I took the picture, at around lunchtime, as you can see.

*emerges from sleepless, three day fugue/walking coma*

My good fellow, I think you should sidestep this tedious gym registry process, and take the contraption for yourself. Perhaps by using a complex system of mirrors.