Does anyone else just want to rant, without discussing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually the lecturing happens because people want to "fix" rather than just listen. You know like in a sitcom where the wife just wants her husband to be there, so she spills out her problems, and instead of saying; "It's okay" he tries to form her emotions into a problem he can solve? That's where I feel lectured, in all honesty. I'm not looking for someone to fix me, and I admit most of the time they have good intentions, it's just when I'm emotional, and vulnerable...I don't want to hear; "What you need to do is X" You know tell me about doing X, when I've calmed down, I'll listen when I'm calm. A lot of it stems from my dad, he's very SJ (MBTI stuff) so he's old school, traditional, thinks his way is best, and was always trying to fix me, into the "proper" way of being, as in his way.

:/ Well... I'm sorry if I've made anyone here feel like bottling up their emotions is better than venting.

Here's one suggestion: Do you have any friends on the forum that you can vent to in PMs? That way you won't be hounded by other users about anything you say...

Or... again, you could always just make it clear that you don't actually want to hurt anyone. If you make that part clear, then I don't think I'd have any reason to say anything.

And, if you haven't made any death threats since you were a kid, as you say, then... what exactly has led you to believe that you can't rant without people lecturing at you? When was the last time that you were lectured for something in a rant, and what were you being lectured about, if not threatening to harm someone?

I'm sorry if this comes off as confrontational or anything. I'm just really confused as to what the problem is...
And no...no friends. In all honesty it's not just the feeling of being lectured either. There's something else, and its I feel like once I put myself out there, it's all different after that. When I was younger I would not often, but sometimes I'd say something stupid, and no matter how much I apologized no one would give me the time of day. I'd feel lower than dirt, make an honest apology for my "rude" ranting, and so many people would still pull this high, and mighty act on me. When I was younger, I ranted once on a different site, and even though I apologized an hour latter, and admitted how awful what I said was, a moderator banned me...cause you know it's not enough that I hate myself, already, and made a mistake that I honestly apologized for.

And no...no friends. In all honesty it's not just the feeling of being lectured either. There's something else, and its I feel like once I put myself out there, it's all different after that. When I was younger I would not often, but sometimes I'd say something stupid, and no matter how much I apologized no one would give me the time of day. I'd feel lower than dirt, make an honest apology for my "rude" ranting, and so many people would still pull this high, and mighty act on me. When I was younger, I ranted once on a different site, and even though I apologized an hour latter, and admitted how awful what I said was, a moderator banned me...cause you know it's not enough that I hate myself, already, and made a mistake that I honestly apologized for.
What about your cousin? (@AirQuest) Is he the type of person you can rant to, or no?

I'm asking because I'm seeing quite a few similarities between you two in the way you process negative emotions and rant. I could be completely misinterpreting the situation, though, or this could be a scenario where similarity isn't helpful, so I apologize if that's the case.

What about your cousin? (@AirQuest) Is he the type of person you can rant to, or no?

I'm asking because I'm seeing quite a few similarities between you two in the way you process negative emotions and rant. I could be completely misinterpreting the situation, though, or this could be a scenario where similarity isn't helpful, so I apologize if that's the case.

I'm really not a huge fan, of saying who my relatives on sites are. Even if we aren't blood related. I feel like I just got doxxed. I'm sorry I don't know how to reply to this.

So yeah... AirQuest is my cousin, who I don't talk to, and barely ever see. I didn't even say hello, or welcome when he joined up for the site. Our contact is very minimal, even when I visit his house.

I am going to have a serious talk with him, about why he felt the need to tell anyone we were related, because I really don't like details of my personal life being known of.

The next time anyone who I know joins, I'll need to make sure that any relationship between me, and them is kept secret.

Well since this happened, I now kind of want to delete my profile. I'll ask that he does the same. I can't force him to though.

Status
Not open for further replies.