Doctor's Visits/Pharmacuticals, or Folk Medicine/Alternative Healing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, looks you have all the details on the guy, I'm sure you can link his site, home page or something? If he is that well-known. If I see proof of vhat you just writen, I may buy it.

And trust me, I dont mind at all being the target :) Just proves my long-standing point how most ppl refuse to think for them-selvs, and just accept the "trends".
Oh of course, I made sure to save everything I had on something that didn't work!
[spoili]
LOFI-HATERS.jpg
[/spoili]

Trends? You mean living in the first world? Having access to health care when I'm sick? Riiiiiight.

And this thread goes as such...

Oh of course, I made sure to save everything I had on something that didn't work!
[spoili]
LOFI-HATERS.jpg
[/spoili]

Trends? You mean living in the first world? Having access to health care when I'm sick? Riiiiiight.
*smirk*

Predictable...

I rest my case.

Reactions: K3l
Am I the only one here that does both? Like both works wonders for different things.
Most of you are right that Doctor stuff is amazing
BUT she's right that natural stuff is perfectly fine too. Yes, there are things natural can't heal. But that's like going after science as it has no cure for cancer. Both work for different things. On small scale, natural is FAR less risky I'm pretty sure.

"Prove it"
There's nothing to prove, because it's already proven. You just don't want to do a bit of research of your own and just wanna be spoon fed XP she's mostly right, and the rest of you are mostly right.

For what I think, I just don't think it's as bad as she thinks. Yes, there are TERRIBLE stuff. But I'm pretty sure the terrible stuff leads to better. Am I wrong? Yes and no. Why? Because it's situational. Some drugs are life savers, some are basically life Enders. That's why you RESEARCH! Anything and everything relating.

AND JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE QUIT BULYING HER! You people always do that. Bully someone you strongly disagree with, then if they retaliate/treat you the same way you treat them, then you sit there and pretend their retaliation came from no where and was uncalled for.
Waiting for her to retaliate in rage so you can ban her like you did other members or something?

• Love
Reactions: Marchosias
Am I the only one here that does both? Like both works wonders for different things.
Most of you are right that Doctor stuff is amazing
BUT she's right that natural stuff is perfectly fine too. Yes, there are things natural can't heal. But that's like going after science as it has no cure for cancer. Both work for different things. On small scale, natural is FAR less risky I'm pretty sure.

"Prove it"
There's nothing to prove, because it's already proven. You just don't want to do a bit of research of your own and just wanna be spoon fed XP she's mostly right, and the rest of you are mostly right.

For what I think, I just don't think it's as bad as she thinks. Yes, there are TERRIBLE stuff. But I'm pretty sure the terrible stuff leads to better. Am I wrong? Yes and no. Why? Because it's situational. Some drugs are life savers, some are basically life Enders. That's why you RESEARCH! Anything and everything relating.

AND JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE QUIT BULYING HER! You people always do that. Bully someone you strongly disagree with, then if they retaliate/treat you the same way you treat them, then you sit there and pretend their retaliation came from no where and was uncalled for.
Waiting for her to retaliate in rage so you can ban her like you did other members or something?
Dont vorry. Words dont hurt me, I only retaliate to actions, with actions. Takes alot more then a net-flaming session by a bunch of closed-minds to get under my skin. :) And thx for the even-handed analisis, btw.

"Prove it"

Just thought I'd point out that the "Prove it" was in reference her claim that Acupuncture can cure cancer. That's a pretty bold statement for you to white Knight without knowing.

• Love
Reactions: TheGreyWarden
Dont vorry. Words dont hurt me, I only retaliate to actions, with actions. Takes alot more then a net-flaming session by a bunch of closed-minds to get under my skin. :) And thx for the even-handed analisis, btw.
Oh I'm fully aware you don't need protecting :D I've actually been wanting to say that for a while now XP But I just can't say it out of nowhere DX

BTW, I woke up with a headache. Shoulda expected that as I stayed up all night. ANNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDD It worked o.o I don't fully understand it, it's not even that it makes it feel better, just makes me feel nothing... And that's the thing. But nothing is better than negative so yeah :D :D :D

Reactions: Marchosias
I'm sorry about your loss. But I speak vith FULL conviction, that your loved one culd have been saved, vith what you call "pseudo-scientific bullshit". And I dont remember saying ANIWHERE that its not a big deal.

You can really stop talking now.

• Love
  • Useful
Reactions: Brovo and Adelaide
Just thought I'd point out that the "Prove it" was in reference her claim that Acupuncture can cure cancer. That's a pretty bold statement for you to white Knight without knowing.
White knight XD I used that against someone years ago. Was kinda funny actually, the response I got was super unexpected.
But no, I didn't come to her rescue. I wanted to say that for a while so I waited until the chance came up again.

And I went after her a bit too in that. I'm in the super middle ground of all of this... For once o.o

I don't think I was responding to your "Prove it" like I said, you're all right about most things, and she's right about most things. I do think she's wrong about a few things, and I also think you're all wrong about a few things too. As I said earlier, I'm a "Fuse magic with science" kinda guy. Both have a place in this world and if you deny one side, then you're gonna feel the consequence of it one way or another.

Oh I'm fully aware you don't need protecting :D I've actually been wanting to say that for a while now XP But I just can't say it out of nowhere DX

BTW, I woke up with a headache. Shoulda expected that as I stayed up all night. ANNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDD It worked o.o I don't fully understand it, it's not even that it makes it feel better, just makes me feel nothing... And that's the thing. But nothing is better than negative so yeah :D :D :D
Good. :) Pressing at those 2 spots afects your Crown Chakra, vhich is responsible for the head and its asociated ailments. It acts as a natural pain-killer in case of headache.

I never said anything about her retaliation coming from nowhere or being uncalled for. I disagree strongly with her opinion, which I have made very clear, but that is all I have said. I may have used some strong wording in some places and I admit my argument got a bit heated, but only because this is something I believe so strongly. In any case, my anger was only directed at Marchosias' opinion, and not her as a person.

I wouldn't want her to get banned just for having an opinion. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if people saw me as being in the wrong for my rant, where I admit may have gone just a bit too far. But, hell, the only thing Marchosias has done at all is argue her point (rather calmly, I may add). I still disagree strongly with her opinion and I think that's what's getting people riled up, but, to her credit, she isn't exactly flaming at anyone or saying anything ban-worthy.

I'm not "bullying" someone I strongly disagree with because I want to see her throw a fit and get banned. I'm saying the things I have been saying because I strongly disagree with her. And that is all.

I maintain that I disagree with her opinion to the point where I think it can even be harmful to others (for reasons that Brovo and others have elaborated on), but, I'm not bullying her just because of that.

Hell, it would be really easy of me to do something as simple as wish that something terrible happens to her or a loved one that her folk methods can't cure, but I wouldn't even do that -- because I acknowledge that that's certainly over the line and I wouldn't hope that anything bad happens to her just to prove my point. If anything, I would hope that she doesn't have to deal with something like that, because, as stated, I hate seeing people refuse the treatment that could help them.

Just because I disagree strongly with someone's opinion doesn't mean I hate them as a person or want to see them banned or anything. It's possible to disagree with someone, even strongly disagree, and even post a rather strongly-worded disagreement without bullying anyone.

Bullying I think implies the intent to cause harm in some way. And that's not my intention.

@Kaga-kun
Then clearly what I said doesn't apply to you and wasn't meant against you :D It's a sensitive subject for ya, and you made your points. Harshly? Maybe. But whatever XP

I wasn't talking about things getting heated, I'm talking about the direct/subtle attacks people here have been doing, even before I showed up, and leads to people getting banned/leaving due to not being able to take it anymore. I'm also talking to people who didn't even reply to this topic. It was a "In general" kinda thing.

This reminds me of the stories my mother used to tell me when she worked as an RN at a cancer institute. Folks who refused medical treatment because it was bad for their bodies, and swore on their mothers that their 'traditional' medicine would cure them. Only when they came crawling into the hospital suffering the late stages of terminal cancer would they beg for treatment, and by then it was too late.

Believe what you want to, but when you come crawling to the doctors begging them to cure you upon your death bed, perhaps you'll look back and realize how foolish you were believing in fairy tales.

@Kaga-kun
Then clearly what I said doesn't apply to you and wasn't meant against you :D It's a sensitive subject for ya, and you made your points. Harshly? Maybe. But whatever XP

I wasn't talking about things getting heated, I'm talking about the direct/subtle attacks people here have been doing, even before I showed up, and leads to people getting banned/leaving due to not being able to take it anymore. I'm also talking to people who didn't even reply to this topic. It was a "In general" kinda thing.
Uhhh.

How can you be claiming that anyone's bullying her, then, if they... weren't even replying to this topic?

It sounds to me like you're sort of attacking an aggressor that doesn't exist, here.

If people are actually sending her personal attacks and/or trying to get her banned then fine, it makes sense to defend her. But if that isn't the case, then... what's the point of defending someone from something that doesn't exist?

Uhhh.

How can you be claiming that anyone's bullying her, then, if they... weren't even replying to this topic?

It sounds to me like you're sort of attacking an aggressor that doesn't exist, here.

If people are actually sending her personal attacks and/or trying to get her banned then fine, it makes sense to defend her. But if that isn't the case, then... what's the point of defending someone from something that doesn't exist?
Scroll up a bit, you'll see a middle finger.
Go back a few pages, someone called her high
etc etc ETC ETC!!!!!!!!!!! (It's something that's been happening to people for a while now. And i'm tired of witnessing it happen to people. It's amazing how you don't see them do even the most direct of attacks, yet you see me do even the tiniest of things -_-)
It's easy to miss subtle attacks when you're on the same side as the attackers XP

Last edited:
Scroll up a bit, you'll see a middle finger.
Go back a few pages, someone called her high
etc etc ETC ETC!!!!!!!!!!!
It's easy to miss subtle attacks when you're on the same side as the attackers XP
Its ok. I apreciate vhat your trying to do, but it realy isnt a big deal. I actualy enjoyed Windsong's response there. Just proved he has no argument so he resorted to a uterly predictable insult. Maked my day! Lets not keep "beating a dead horse" is that how you say it? I had several of my points proven by their responses, I consider it a very productive debate, in fact. Nothing more to be gained by continuing.

• Love
Reactions: Shadon Xarian
Its ok. I apreciate vhat your trying to do, but it realy isnt a big deal. I actualy enjoyed Windsong's response there. Just proved he has no argument so he resorted to a uterly predictable insult. Maked my day! Lets not keep "beating a dead horse" is that how you say it? I had several of my points proven by their responses, I consider it a very productive debate, in fact. Nothing more to be gained by continuing.
Oh it was no doubt hilarious XD
But like I said, i'm not doing it for you (directly). I've seen people get bullied hard, and one buddy even got banned for retaliating while nobody else even got a slap on the wrist. For the slight chance they're doing it by accident, I want to put it out there that it IS a problem that needs to be fixed and/or looked into.

And productive is right, I've learned quite a bit. My life is quite literally gonna be saved for basic now that I've found cures/remedies that works for my bodies pains :D

Status
Not open for further replies.