Doc Gabriel's advisory clinic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it's time for you to shut down your operation.

This is one bright-eyed child who you failed today.

;_; Leave gabriel alone!

NO! He came here to help us, and we believed in him!

I believed in him! He had two names from the Bible. How could I NOT believe in him?

It was said that he would destroy teenage neuroses, not propagate them. He was to bring balance to the hormones, not leave them in darkness.

If my clinic has failed you my lord, then please by all means close it since i myself cannot answer your problems for Psychics, then that means i myself am a failure, forgive me my lord.

They're just having fun at your expense, Gabriel.

@Asmodeus @unanun please stop harassing well meaning youths and their attempts to help. This is a place for people to feel safe, not belittled after all.

*pulls up a chair*

Don't be so hard on yourself, dude. It's cool that you want to help people, but there's a difference between being a friendly shoulder to rage on and offering effective mentoring advice. Your responses so far have been a few sentences that more or less state the obvious. No doubt if someone is coming to an Advice thread, they've already tried the most immediately apparent solutions. But their neuroses remain, and your lukewarm attempt to placate them will only indicate a lack of empathic maturity.

The role of the cyber-psychopomp is to move beyond such things, into the next Jungian steps - be it the psychological narrative as a story, or the presentation of archetype. With these things, you can expedite the therapeutic process.

I would suggest reflecting more deeply on the scenarios that are offered. Draw on your life experiences, while also maintaining a necessary objectivity grounded in good schooling and lateral thinking.

Don't give up. We can counsel you through these hard times.

Of course my lord, the reason why open this is because i don't want them to feel sadness and give up.

Reactions: Hana
How do YOU stop feeling sadness?

Share your story with us.

• Love
Reactions: Drakel
Hmm i just laugh and smile, my lord.

Yeah, you suck at this.

Butterfly - staff warn my ass. I'm out.

Yeah, you suck at this.

Butterfly - staff warn my ass. I'm out.

I think what Asmodeus was trying to say is that perhaps giving advice isn't your calling.

Look, I get it. You figure you're calm, cool, collected and you have your shit together. You figure that if other people just do what you do, they can also be calm, cool, and collected.

But you're 16 bro. Do you honestly have enough experience to give advice to people that are 18+? If I decided to play hanky panky and the rubber breaks, could you really give advice on what to do as a (possible) baby daddy?

That's an extreme example, but a thread just popped up the other day about this kid who wants to come out to his Christain mom and pops as transgender. What I'm trying to say is, people sometimes come in here with worse problems than "Uhh, I hate my boss/school/mom/small dog."

I'm not saying that you shouldn't keep giving advice, I'm just saying that it wouldn't hurt to do what Osmodeus said and put a little bit more.... Empathy into it.

If I got fired from my job the same day my dog died and your advice to me for stopping feeling sadness was just to laugh and smile, I wouldn't think "Man, how did I not think of that? So easy, kthnxbai."

I would be like "Man, this guy is a huge douchelord. Did he not read that I got FIRED and my dog DIED? How am I going to pay this months rent through laughing and smiling?"

Anyways, to answer Asmodeus's question, you don't stop feeling sadness. Healthy people don't anyways. If you force yourself to become numb to sadness, you force yourself to become numb to happiness as well and that is worse since then you can't feel anything at all.

You want my story? When I was 17, I was done with life. My father was emotionally abusive and made me feel like shit everyday. My girlfriend had just dumped me through a text message that summer. I had lost my passion for writing, working out, hell even masturbating. My parents started getting divorced and the point is that I was a pretty miserable fuck.

Then, I learned my dad had been cheating on my mom for years and had stole vast amounts of money from my COLLEGE fund and my mom's retirement fund.

Now, you're thinking "How can this get worse?" Well, actually, that's when things started to go uphill. You see, because that act of betrayal retriggered something I thought I had lost years ago. It made me angry. In fact, it made me so fucking angry I personally chased my deadbeat pops out of the fucking house and said a lot of things I don't regret, but were stupid.

But the important thing is that I started feeling emotions like a human being again. I realized how blessed I was, so while I was the angriest I had ever been, I was happy. I stopped being so scared of my temper and emotions and I started to enjoy life again.

When I first started attending therapy, my therapist asked if anger is a bad thing. I told him no. You see, because anger is an emotion like any other and if you condemn it you condemn happiness as well. What causes people to see anger as a bad thing is when you let it overrun your life and cause you to lash out on those around you.

He agreed. You see, it's the same thing with sadness. It's okay to be sad. It just gets out of control when you let it run your life. So you need to periodically vent or work your emotions out on a regular basis so you aren't a walking emotional time bomb.

So no, you can't stop feeling sad but that isn't a bad thing. Embrace it. Because you had to be pretty happy at one point in your life to feel that way.

You see, I'd never open an advice clinic though because while I'm okay with some stuff, I'm still learning as I go. I'm sure I'll look back and cringe at my posts a few years from now and that's dandy. I live and learn.

Anyways, that's my two cents.

Also bro, chillax with the lord stuff. I get uncomfortable when people call me Mr. and Sir.

You can still be polite, but you don't have to lick everyone's boots. Hell, I feel awkward if I'm the only person cursing in a friendly conversation.

I will take your advise to my heart, guess i need to do more learning from experiences before i could give some advice then.

To add on a bit to what Cowboy said.
I personally noticed your advice to be very... short, for a lack of a better word.

Granted the questions were also brief, but a lot of the time a one-liner isn't going to be enough to solve problems.
Even if the message you're trying to give is relatively simple, there's still the matter of making it clear you sympathize with the person, explaining your reasoning behind said advice so that they understand why you're suggesting what you are etc.

I mean I also get it, you want to help people get through their problems.
You want to make other people happy, maybe give them some sort of smile or happiness even if you yourself might not have that at the time.
Or maybe you are happy, and you want to spread that to others.

But a lot of people's problems are complicated, and that often means getting ready to either dig deeper into the situation or at least being more extensive, clear and sympathetic with what you're saying.

• Thank You
Reactions: Brother Gabriel
Thanks, Gwazi and Cowboy, i will take your advice's to my heart and reevaluate myself .

Status
Not open for further replies.