Do you write outside of roleplay?

I don't write stories at all besides the ones I make with others in role play. But I do write poetry, though I have slowed down considerably. I seem to thrive in my poetry writing when I am going through rough times or just generally depressed. Things have been going well enough that I only end up writing when I randomly get in the mood from music.

I love to write. I don't care if it's poetry, role play, a short story a scene or an actual novel. I have been working on a series of books for a few years now. I am in that rewrite stage with all of them. I love the story and the people, just have to polish it all up and print it. I think anymore it's easier tos tart out publishing yourself and market yourself on Amazon than to try to claw your way into a major publishing house. Still, I have that dream...sighs wistfully.

@PoetLore
Don't get too discouraged. Also don't think everything will be perfect. I rewrote sections of my book several times, had others edit it, put it down didn't look at it a few months, then edited it myself, then did that trick where you read it backwards to edit... Thought everything was great... Published, opened it up, first page has a sentence fragment nobody ever caught.

I just find it kinda funny now (especially later errors I've found in it) but back then I was SOOO mad.

@Vardoger
I NEVER expect anything to be perfect, because that's boring. lol. And has not been my personal experience. Still, it's hard to discourage me. I'm a glass overflowing kind of person most of the time. Highly annoying to pessimistic types, but I believe I am part of the balance of the universe, OR at least I like to tell myself I am.

AND since you were kind enough to mention me, please allow me to say that I find your posts on Iwaku to be interesting and provocative. You seem, at least from your posts, to be a mellow kin person and your comments have made me smile, made me think and sometimes inspired me. So thank you.

• Thank You
Reactions: Vars
I do write outside of rp's, mostly poetry though. I do have a story that I want to write one day, but I have trouble getting my ideas out strangely enough.

I used to write quite a bit actually. I wrote my own short stories often and had a ton of ideas. Then life hit and I didn't have much time for such dedicated writing. I've always wanted to be published but I don't think that will ever happen for me. I just don't have the time at the moment to devote to a novel. Roleplaying is fun and a way to get away from the day to day without too much demand on me.

I've tried in the past. I don't know what my problem was though because I could think of ideas, but once it was time to put pen on paper I always went blank or the ideas wouldn't connect. With a partner I have another mind to shoot ideas with.

So while I keep track of story ideas and have been building at a setting and plot for a while, I'm not good about managing time and motivation to produce stuff not related to a current RP. However I have this year been dabbling with LP writing. On another forum what started as me recounting playing through Pokemon games with randomly selected teams ended up being an LP of FireRed that should be ending soon. And I'd like to LP a Super Robot Wars game at some point.