Do you watch a lot of serial killer or true crime documentaries?

Do you watch serial killer and true crime documentaries?

• Total voters

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Apparently is this basic bitch girl thing and I thought I was the most basic of basic bitches, but I'm not all that interested in serial killers and true crime docs. >:[ WHY ARE THEY SO INTERESTING, TELL ME?

I cannot. My willingness to look at human evil has sharply plummeted as I've gotten older. I couldn't watch these.

Serial killer fiction is oftentimes brainless thriller fun that I absolutely watch, but documentaries are a hard no for me for precisely the reason spammy said. Plus I find documentaries boring most of the time unless they're doing reenactments of historical events I'm particularly interested in or involve insect drama.

I love me a good crime show. The dark side of human nature has always interested me, and I especially enjoy pondering the mind of criminals. I will admit that some of the shows failed to catch my attention, but then there are others that have been extremely fascinating. Don't F**k With Cats is one that comes to mind that I enjoyed watching but was so fucked up to watch.

Occasionally, though not fictional stuff, usually true crime stories, and most commonly ones with interrogation footage. When I do, I'll binge a bunch, usually listening to them while I play a game, then not watch that sort of thing again for months. Just gotta be in a mood for it, I suppose.

I used to read about serial killers some and abnormal psychology. I also really liked that show Mindhunter

Generally speaking though I've been fairly checked out of the media frenzy around the telling and retelling of the same stories of the same people from different angles and the general rise of true crime documentaries and podcasts

Last edited:
I decidedly am not a great fan of those. I watched a few on Netflix and like... I didn't enjoy those films, really. I find serial killers fascinating and feel like I learn a lot but... Those are also very real terrors that I prefer to not have nightmares about. I love horror movies and monsters, but those kinds of human monsters just... No thanks. Lol

I think you can be interested in serial killers and crime throughout history without being the type of person that idolizes these horrible people and everything that they've done. I was always interested in Buzzfeed True Crime when it was around, but I tend not to watch the serial killer documentaries/movies when they're based on real killers, because I find that they're usually extremely tone deaf... And insensitive to the families of the victims.

I've been into this shit since I was a kid 😂 other kids watching my little pony and I'm like criminal minds and murder docs biiiiitch. My Netflix is always recommending me this stuff 😂 and I'm like is this a problem I watch it so much?

The only way you would get me to watch true crime/serial killer stuff is if it's presented in a fun or unique way. These aren't documentaries per se, but because of the added comedic flair to how the hosts relate the facts and adding their own opinions to the content, I an highly entertained watching UNSOLVED (the YT channel) and Last Podcast on the Left (a podcast)

So yeah. I'm not sure if these count as true crime/serial killer documentaries. Cause they do still relay the facts and they do a lot of research into the topic first.

I love true crime documentaries and have since I was a kid. I tend to avoid movie retellings and stick mostly to documentaries or youtube videos since I tend to be more interested in the how and the why and the investigation part of it.

Give me a fictional crime show, I'll gobble it down like I would gobble down my Dim Sums. However, one cannot make me sit through crime documentaries. Makes my bum itchy, and I can't sit still.

I like watching these documentaries more for trying to figure out the logistics of the crime rather. How could a gigantic drug cartel be set up. How did they manage to hide ten bodies in their house? How did they launder all that money for years? Saves me a Google search.

Though, nowadays these stupid documentaries are all about the human psyche and centre around glorifying the 'big brain' moments of mediocre white men with a sick perversion. 🙄