Do you own miniature humans? WHAT DO YOU DO??

XIII

I reject your reality and substitute my own
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
Online Availability
Daytime. Night time. Any time.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Romance, Fantasy. Always some kind of non-human involved. (Such a vampires, succubi, incubi, etc.)
What's going on, Iwaku!

As many of you know, summer is beginning for the little ones. Most of us adults still have to work, but these little monsters still need to be entertained.

I live in Arizona, and it gets hot as fuck. I'm talking 120-130 degrees F. What are some things you guys like doing with your little crotch goblins?

Drop your ideas here!!

Last year I inherited two children. >:[ My brother has been meaning to clean up our backyard so we can put a slightly medium to large size pool back there so they will stay out side and leave me alone this summer. HE HAS YET TO DO IT.

I think summer vacation starts this weekend. I am going to die.

Got me a 9-year-old boy who is my most precious treasure of all treasures. <3

I'm gonna work on some checklist-style schedules that will organize the days' activities. Due to his autism, he is heavily dependent on structure (he loooves checking things off of lists), repetitiveness, and the right kinds of stimulation, so it helps us a lot to tell him what's going to happen in the day. He can have something fun to look forward to every day in between his preferred repetitive activities. (We always find a good balance somewhere.) We'll plan for certain days to be, like, Family Movie Day, Board Game Day, Coloring/Craft Days, Bake Cupcakes (on the days it isn't too hot, ideally) things like that. We have to come up with a lot of indoor activities for the same reasons--it gets very very hot over here in the summer. It's safer to play outside when it's dark. (Hopefully there will be some visits to Grandma's for swimming pool and sprinkler fun too, though~)

For his birthday, his grandpa gifted him an Air Fort. It's a very nice gadget to have around. You get an instant-fort that is portable enough to be taken anywhere with you. All you need is a box fan to bring it to life. ^__^ Feels nice and cool in there with the fan as we hang out on layers of pillows and stuffed animals. I'll share a link to the shop it came from in case someone would like to consider getting one. I recommend them~

Last edited:
I live in California, but in the desert. Not hot like Arizona - but it ranges anywhere from 100-110. I don't remember if it gets to Arizona levels, but it doesn't matter. Even if the weather were 73 degrees, my kids still wouldn't go outdoors.

I have three little demons. Two boys, 8 and 13 (the oldest was JUST diagnosed with Autism despite so many signs, my pleading, and going to therapists, but that's a rant for another day), and a 5-year-old girl.

The parks here are too crowded, and I have anxiety, so I don't take them. We also have too many transients, and there's nothing wrong with them - I just don't feel comfortable with their behaviors. Many remove their clothing, do drugs (one is always at the park with a machete), etc., at the playgrounds that aren't crowded. We have an inground pool, so my kids swim for at least two hours daily. Sometimes longer if they are just feeling like it. We taught our 5-year-old to swim at around 3 or 4, and she's like a fish. They swim laps with our two dogs, who are also suffering from a lack of long daily walks. I prefer they swim in the evenings because I don't like swimming, but lately, I begrudgingly get in the pool with them during the day.

I admit to allowing them to be on their screens for most of the day. So long as they do their chores, eat, shower, and do some physical activity for two hours (swimming), they all sit on their computers. My boys have our old computers, so they spend a lot of time playing Roblox or whatever new simulator game they are into. My daughter has a tablet. I also enjoy being on a computer (not that I can most of the time). I am the sole parent at home most of the day, so I enjoy some peace while cleaning the house and doing other chores. My kids read well, are very social (my Autistic teen has made improvements), do what they need, and whatever else - so their being on screens isn't killing them. They can't play together because my ASD teen still has the social skills of a 5-year-old, so someone always ends up crying/hurt. They play Roblox together, though.

We play Minecraft together. We all have a Minecraft account, even their dad. We all have a Roblox account, even their dad, so we can play together. We watch movies together when something comes out. My kids prefer to do their own thing, and I am cool with that. My daughter prefers to do things with her father and me, such as playing basketball in the backyard, using the gym equipment we gathered during Covid lockdowns, coloring/drawing together, watching her weird YouTube videos, playing Roblox, and listening to her rage and call people "newbs" only to learn that she's picked up on all of our curse words, and playing with her toys. She likes to do chores with me.

I admire parents that put together a routine of fun for their kids. I don't have the patience to bake with my kids, though I enjoy baking and cooking. My boys don't want to do those things. Game night makes at least two out of three children cry every freakin' time. Lately, my daughter has been wanting to help me cook/bake, so I have been able to do those things with her. She's just... as patient as I am, so we are both learning how to do this together! Lol. If that makes sense.

My kids are developmentally different ages and stages, so it's hard to find common interests outside Minecraft/Roblox. We don't do much together anymore. Not since my oldest turned into a teenager. Lol. Luckily, we have been training him to stay alone, so if the two others want to go to a playground, he can stay at home.

• Love
Reactions: Fluffy