Do you like your name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be foward.
First names don't hurt, but don't any of you make calling me by mine a habit. I'm not a supreme major member of the site, despite technically being here since 2011.
I'll disown any and every last one of you.

My name's Kendal.
One fuckn' L! Not spelled Kyndall, Kendall, Kendell, or the many other ways people spell my damn name.... Phew... It's Ken for short. No Idea where the nickname K-dog or Kikkun came from nor why it's applied to me.
Everybody that I happen to not be related to nor in class with will call me Ken.
I call me Ken.

No that's not what the K in SerK+ is, that was just mere happenstance.
OR FATE.

No, That's not why I like the letter K either.

No, that's not why "Kascarde" starts with a K either.

No, that's not why I love Berserk.

To be honest I wouldn't care much about my name if every Kendal in pop culture wasn't "Kendall" and weren't people I would never associate myself with in a positive light.

*Cough*Jenners.

*Cough*that Big Time Rush thing.
Note: I actually thought it was big time run. whoops. Thanks Google.

I hate the nicknames I get.
Matter of fact I'll make a small list of things I've heard.
Ken doll.
Candle.
Ken doll.
Campbells.
Ken doll.
Can.
Ken doll
Kindle fire.
etc.

But especially Kindle Fire.
Chicks love calling me that. I don't know whether that's why it annoys me or not.

I do however like that I can say "Beyond your Ken" and feel like a clever ass.

I however don't like how my first and last name combination forces me to be reminded of Britain, despite me not being British.

But seriously, fuck Mattel for naming their single most popular male doll Ken.
You know what though. I was almost named Sterling.
.......Are you ok, bro?

Why wouldn't I be?

You just haven't seen my half serious shitposting.
That was it.
Oh, ok.

You just seemed really angry there.

My name is Jene Perry Clyde, yes I am one of those assholes who puts my real name as my username and here yall thought my name was just some internet name. lol.

I like my name makes me sounds fancy, but then when people call me J.P. makes me sound down to earth.

Seasons don't get to chose their names >=(

I like my name. There are many like it, but this ones mine.

Though the funny thing is, I usually don't go by my name, and I usually feel weird when saying or being called by it. I usually am referred to by a nickname, and I have separate ones for home and elsewhere. I only really use my actual name for formal situations or introductions (Hi I'm *NAME*, but you can call me *NICKNAME*). I recently befriended someone during a jog and when he asked my name I momentarily hesitated, not just because I was tired and this was a stranger asking and my introverted self momentarily froze from being asked a question outside his usual script of pre-canned responses, but because I didn't know whether I should introduce myself by my name or nickname.

On the flipside, it feels really weird when my sister's boyfriend refers to me by my home nickname. It's how she refers to me, so that's how he picked up on it.

#GoodLuckTryingToPronounceMyRealRealNameCorrectlyOnTheFirstTry

#IMeanIfYouCanSpeakChineseThenYou'llBeFine

Though seriously I should get 5-cents everytime a non-Chinese speaking person tries to pronounce my name. I would literally be the richest person alive

Status
Not open for further replies.