Do you like Monster Hunter? Ninjas? Magic Systems? Established Lore? Stats?

ShiroKiyoshi

Neko Smasher of Iwaku's Walls
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
Online Availability
Florida Time: 5:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Anime, Fantasy, Post-Apocalyptic, Action/Adventure, and Dark. Sometimes I like to do Edgy things, but it has to be played out right to work for me.
Yeah, as the title says I am working on a roleplay that involves elements like these. The idea, to clear some confusion, will be small number based so there isn't going to be any extensive dice rolling unless I explicitly ask. I may or may not play a character in this. It depends on my players as I will create a story that suits the narratives they make for themselves. Essentially the world your characters will live in is sorta ruled by anarachy in a sense where "clans" control major areas, but "groups" within them control individual sects and pay their clans taxes. Naturally, this creates the class divide from your groups and the main clan area which I think would be fun. In addition it doesn't limit ideas when it comes to background creation as you have a guideline to what your area is like, but no set definition. (unless youre in the main clan village that is).

Oh, yeah, and my monsters are fking huge and quite odd. I like giant monsters that are hard as balls to kill, so if you are interested, don't expect to Chidori something and it to explode. I'm gonna make you try.

fb470edc4e181bdf7385a6aa3431417699ce312b_hq.gif
As for the magic systems their are three; One based on combat, one that's your pretty standard learn magic and cast it, and another that is gained through soul-combination.

The combat magic system requires that you win a battle royale on a shrine. Last man standing is granted a tattoo that summons their suit of "armor" (doesnt have to be actual armor. anime rules apply here. aesthetics bruh). It also grants the user a magic ability that doesnt cost mana or energy to use, but also prohibits them from learning or casting other magic. Even through items. So that's its handicap.

Then you have normal magic where its cost varies from spell to spell. Its drawbacks and so depending on what you cast.

The last option is quite unique to my world and I'll have players roll between 1-90 to see if they get it. It allows you to merge between a demon, angel, or both. This allows for flight/extra appendages and access to an array of holy/demonic magic. Its drawback is similar to the first system in that you wouldnt be able to cast other classes of magic.

Now, the magic in my world isn't showy or huge, but I wouldn't call my world low fantasy. I just want to be able to run a story and when you add magic without hard drawbacks it gets harder to run the story. So I wont limit your creativity there and instead of you worrying about weaknesses I would. That just makes life easier.

I can show you the outline for the world I have down so far:

World of Aereos
  • The Hidden Village of the Dragons
  • Location: Secured within the most dangerous monster zone in Aereos. Monsters that tower of men roam around their homes, providing a natural defense from outside attackers, but also acting as a double-edged sword. However, they have placed themselves strategically around beasts who rely on their vision to hunt and thus have homes that blend in with the foliage around them. Their homes are hidden underground and in the rocky formations scattered around the zone. Doors are hidden using magic and knowledge of the village’s underground pathways is necessary to navigate your way back to one. However, they have placed themselves in line with the waterways that run through the zone even if they are miles from it.
  • Life: Being a village that lives among mighty beasts the people here must train extensively in the art of tracking. Yes, tracking, as before you can kill the beast you have to find it before it finds you. People here are taught what the many fruits and veggies smell like when defecated, what certain marks mean, and the traveling patterns of the monsters.

• The Fortified Nation of Swiss
  • Location: Forged in the largest mountain range in Aereos, the Jagged Edges, the land of Swiss is notorious for its stone-faced visage. The entire fronts and insides of these mountains have been terraformed by mages to create vast cities. Even the magma within the mountains has been turned into magical forges that the people use. The Jagged Edges are among some of the shortest mountains in Aereos, but there is no mountain range longer than them. They span along the backside of the Elkhorn Continent.
  • Life: Men of Swiss aim to become Guardians. Which are essentially high level soldiers, but other than that Swiss is the home of magic enchantments. People here whether they are a commoner or soldier have some idea how to use an enchanting table even if they can’t do it themselves. Other than that it is also home to some of the greatest swordsmen in Aereos.

• The Port City of Jared
  • Location: A small city that specializes in the hunting of underwater beasts and transportation across water. It is one of the few places in the world that life revolves around water. The city is protected by a magical barrier controlled by their soldiers and is surrounded by the largest forest in Aereos that leads into the Nation of Swiss. To cross the land bridge into the monster zone you must trek through the slums of Jared.
  • Life: Magic training specifically meant for voyages across water is quite obviously drilled into the minds of people here. They also are pretty damn good swimmers. With that though they are also home to some pretty notorious pirates the run throughout the place.

• The Shrouded Island Circle of Dark Sun
  • Location: Not much is known about Dark Sun. Everything Aereos’ knows of its existence is stories, but it is said that it was a series of islands perfectly aligned in a circle around a larger central island. Now a thick fog of wild magic surrounds it. Passing through could kill you, turn you into a frog or do nothing. Adventurers will sometimes risk going in and some have passed through, but stories often tell how lady luck did not show favor on them going back out.

• The Continental Wastes of the Melting Sands
  • Location: The sand here has been made red with the maleficent energy that courses through it. Ruins of the great pacifist city of Oasis are scattered about as underground beasts slither around, great armored husks stomp about, and scavengers lurk on the remaining bits of stone. The sand actually burns the skin of those it touches, hence the name, but no one knows how it got its magical properties.

• The Ravens’ Hideout
  • Location: Hidden on the outskirts of what people call the Town of Scoundrels. This area’s protection is the monsters that lurk through it. And they’re human. The Town of Scoundrels is actually not a town and shares their continent with the monster zone that the Hidden Village of the Dragons occupies. The Ravens’ Hideout is only accessible via a long line of rope that keeps it connected to the town. The ground around them has been purposely terraformed so that they sit on an island. To their front are several strings to the ToS, but behind them are several more strings that lead to a monster zone.
  • Life: The Ravens love the art of transformation and are some of the only true assassins in the world after the fall of Dark Sun. Their obvious calling card is the raven and used to send a message more than it is practically. However, they also specialize in light magic, finding the ability to disorient and expose targets more useful than the ability to hide. They can hide just fine without the magic.

• The Town of Scoundrels
  • Location: This is a giant pass-through country that houses the bare-necessities such as meat, women, and booze. Above them is a giant fortress known as the Bypass Net which leads to the mercenary society known as Rebel, below them is the Ravens’ Hideout, and to their front and back are monster zones.

Cool idea. I don't know that it is something I would be interested in as a player. I would be happy to advertise your RP on the front page of my own if that would be something to interest you.

Cool idea. I don't know that it is something I would be interested in as a player. I would be happy to advertise your RP on the front page of my own if that would be something to interest you.

Thanks for the compliment, but I wouldn't want to do something like that. I'd feel kinda gross inside ya know?