Do you believe in magic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OwlOne

Original poster
Magic_Eye_Abstract.jpg

Since the beginning of time magic has existed in many shapes and forms. That was until the Salem Witch Trials, which was to be believed, as the eradication of the final essence of magic on earth. During that time, magic became a world known activity. It was a wonderous surprise for something so unusual to exist, but it also became a fear. Salem being the central and supposedly only place of magic's existence, quickly became the center point of the world's attention. At that time magic seemed to be an only female factor. This was believed to be due to the wondrous things women could do. Women's image quickly rose to that of goddesses, of course, many viewed magic as a wonderful gift to the world. Many hoped it to be the arrival of peace and the end of a struggle. These views were brought to women who used magic for happiness and joy, helping others in need.

Unfortunately, many women did not have the pleasure of happiness. Many suffered, due to abuse, discrimination, and religious damnation. This caused these women to use magic for revenge and the pleasure of seeing others suffer. This in turn caused many views to change from content to fear and disgust. Once this form of magic came into existence many reacted to it as a threat. It only takes one to ruin it for everyone. The fall of magic quickly ensued. Anyone under suspicion of being able to use magic was brutally killed. Either by fire or by hanging. After a few years of witch hunts went on, a day came where the sun seemed to have a more radiant glow. This was a symbol of the eradication of magic.

Only one thing was left behind.......their children. Throughout generations, although they were unaware, these children and their descendants have had the ability to use magic. Now in 2015, there is a small group unaware of each other's existence, that have been actually able to practice.

How will life treat them? Will their abilities be a hindrance or will it enable them to do wondrous things? I'll let you decide.
[fieldbox=More Information, Royalblue, dashed]Looking for a group at the max 6 for right now. If more interest is shown max number will change.
Any questions please leave a comment below.
[/fieldbox]​

Last edited by a moderator:
The characters will be a small group of people, between four and six (possibly more) that are descendants of the Salem witches. After discovering their family grimoire, they have been able to use their family talents. Eventually, they will come to realize each other's existence and then be able to use magic. They go through life dealing with not only the differences between themselves but also a new threat that has arisen. You may be wondering who this new threat is, but that's the mystery for you to solve. Each person will be randomly generated a talent to coincide with their magic.

This is an Interest Check to see if anyone would be interested in joining. There will be many expansions depending on how the rp goes.

You mention originally it had a female only basis? Would we be allowed to have a male mage?

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
You mention originally it had a female only basis? Would we be allowed to have a male mage?
I never said it had to be all female. Male are more than welcome. Thanks for your interest.

At that time magic seemed to be an only female factor.
This is what Made me think it was female only. but I'm definitely interested. what sort of magic is there? Is it like witchcraft with potions and charms? Or is it just all sorts from thurmatagy to magic circles, to witchcraft, to elemental magic, through to outright arcanist magic?

• Useful
Reactions: LunarLavendula
This is what Made me think it was female only. but I'm definitely interested. what sort of magic is there? Is it like witchcraft with potions and charms? Or is it just all sorts from thurmatagy to magic circles, to witchcraft, to elemental magic, through to outright arcanist magic?
Ohhh ok I apologize but no its not limited to just females. Well I'm kind of on the fence about randomly generating you magic. But all things magic will be in this Rp. From potion and charms to arcanist magic.

Awesome. I'm probably going to either use rune or circle magic, with the emphasis being on slower to cast but far more powerful spells.

• Love
Awesome. I'm probably going to either use rune or circle magic, with the emphasis being on slower to cast but far more powerful spells.
I might also randomly generate, your character clique (I.E Jock) for the characters to personify and learn to grow from in order to become a true human being. We'll see...

Oh I've allready got stuff like that planned. My char is going to be a a cynical/sarcastic loner who's used to having time to himself. Hence the focus on slower magic, since he's used to having time to spare. See, got it all planned out and that means he can evolve as a person, also saves you effort.

Yay! More interest. If any of you guys know anyone send them my way.

Sign me up. Owl RP's are the best.

I shouldn't... but it is so interesting! If you still have an opening, I will be more than happy to join!

• Love
I'm super interested in this!!! Grimoire, cauldrons, mistletoes and rowan tree!!! >_<

Seems interesting. I love to create my own type of supernatural abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.