Do the RSS feeds work? And what do they do?

fatalrendezvous

Ever forward.
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
  6. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
8 AM - 6 PM and 10 PM - 2 AM
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
  4. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High and Low), Sci-Fi, Modern Fantasy, Modern Realistic, Apocalypse, Drama, Romance... I have lots of interests!
So, I'm sure many people have probably noticed the RSS symbols near all the forum titles when viewing the main forum page.

I'm interested in using these to help me be a better moderator, but I want to be sure that they work and I want to be sure of what information they relay.

Do they create a new feed entry every time a new post is made in that forum? So for example if I were to keep the RSS feed of the Announcements forum, would it alert me every time a new thread was created? Would it alert me if someone posted to a thread?

Just curious because I've been working on a spreadsheet detailing active RP threads to help me better manage them, and I think the RSS feed will help me easily see what things have changed, I just want to make sure it does those things before I start tinkering with it!

Fatal, I'm betting that the Admins would love someone to test it out to be sure it's working properly

After ten million years on the internet, I still don't even know what RSS feeds actually ARE and how they could possibly be useful to me. T___T

So yes, test them out and see? O__O

Welp, here goes nothing then.

*puts on her guinea pig outfit*