Do No Harm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jude let out a strangled gasp at being transported so suddenly. He pulled away from Wanda, looking at her with incredulity, before breaking out into a chuckle. "... I guess you're right." He turned to look at the other end of the train car. "I don't know what Ludger is doing here, but we have to be on the right track."

He nodded to himself before making a run for it. There seemed to be very few passengers on the train, for whatever reason, which was odd when one considered how big a city Trigleph was.

Hurrying into the next car, Jude spotted Ludger ahead. "Ludger!"

wu8M3Dz.jpg

The man turned to them, his dual blades at the ready. At first, he looked angry, but when he realized who was talking, he turned surprised. "Jude? And... Wanda?"

The train then shook from some kind of explosion in another train car. "Watch out!" Ludger yelled, starting a charge forward. Jude held his hands up as a defense, but Ludger ran past the pair. Jude turned quickly to see Ludger attacking a man behind them, who blocked the attack with two large gauntlets on his arms.

uBV8XbN.png

Jude couldn't believe it. "That looks like..."

@Josh M

Wanda's hands glowed with red energy as she slowly brought them together.

"Stop!"

The witch fired a hex bolt into the man. She knew there was a chance of an unknown side effect, but was pretty sure it would not adversely affect her or her companions. She figured the bolt should be strong enough as well to deal with the man.​

The hex bolt sent the man flying across the train car, where he landed in a heap on the ground and didn't proceed to move.

"What's Exodus doing here?"
Jude asked. "Are they the ones who took Leia?"

yUBmgaQ.png

Sighing, Ludger turned to Wanda and Jude. "Sort of," he said. "They're working with the Revanchist. It's they who took Leia. What that group is doing here in Elympios is beyond me."

2mKUSxE.png

"I think I have an idea, but..." Jude couldn't help but look troubled. "I thought you were supposed to be somewhere else, Ludger. I mean, uh... I saw the reports. Why did you tell Miss Kirigiri the wrong location?"

Ludger crossed his arms, giving Jude and Wanda a suspicious look. "You weren't supposed to see those. That you did means they served their purpose. After all the leaks, did you really think we would not start writing up decoy reports? Wanda was supposed to be in the know, but her recent silence..."

Ludger swallowed roughly.

"Look, I tracked a Revanchist agent to the train. I don't know what's their plan, but they took it over using the Exodus soldiers. We have to get to the front of the train and take this guy out!"

Jude looked to Wanda. "Thankfully, we have a pretty powerful sorcerer with us."

@Josh M

The Witch nodded at the two boys, wrapping her cloak around herself tighter.

"Yes, I have should have known about the reports. I've been off game."

More red energy surrounded the three.

"Take us to the front of the train........"

@Atomyk

Status
Not open for further replies.