2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male

The alarm clock emitted a most annoying beeping noise as it announced the arrival of dawn. The room in which the alarm clock was placed in was still for a moment, before a figure crawled out of bed on the far side of the room and lumbered over to the pesky device. "Yeah yeah yeah, I'm up I'm up." 18 year old Lucas Huff grumbled as he shut the alarm off and paused a moment. The dizziness in his head stayed for a moment longer before it subsided. He looked at the time and he shrugged to himself, an hour before school started, plenty of time.

He quickly jumped into the shower and felt slight relief when the semi cold water hit his skin, some would find it odd that he enjoyed cold showers, but to be honest, Lucas could care less. He stepped out of the shower and quickly threw his normal attire on. He took a glance in the mirror and took a note on needing to shave, as stubble had started to form on his face. He headed downstairs and grabbed a quick breakfast of toast and eggs,

About 15 minutes later, he stepped out onto his front porch and looked over to the house across the street, when no one exited that house for several moments, he sighed and pulled out his phone, he scrolled through his numbers and found her's. He called her, waiting several moments before he spoke.

"Hey you....are you awake up there?" He said jokingly, staring up at her bedroom window

Stila normally woke up early, but since she began developing feeling for Luca. Stila found herself taking the extra time on her looks, the settle differences in her eye makeup, and the face that she was letting her hair dow now. The purple locks consuming her whole. Stila also began to wear more revealing clothing, like tighter dresses.....and would go as far as to ask Luca. "What you think of it?" On their way to school. So far, every answer was good, cool...it was like he didn't notice anything.

It was funny at first, but now it was beginning to get a little annoying. Today was like any other day, she was late again. Hearing Luca on the phone, she snapped. "Don't rush a girl, you impatient man. Give me a minute. I am taming the beast on my head! Wait five more minutes, asshat!" Like normal, Stila was snappy. She opened her curtains to stick her tongue out at Luca before brushing down a final strand of hair, calling it a day.

She rushed out of her house, running up to Luca to hug him tightly, like always. She did something new, too, kissed him on the cheek. Hopefully this would give him a clue....nothing else was...

Reactions: Mr. Rattlesnake
To say Lucas was surprised when Stila kissed him on the cheek was a bit of an understatement. What had gotten into her that morning? He stepped back a foot and gave her a befuddled look, not really sure what to make of the whole situation.

"Um....good morning to you too Stila." He said somewhat awkwardly. He couldn't really shake the feeling he was missing something, but his mind was so clouded at the moment, he couldn't figure out what it was. He cleared his throat and gave her a half smile. "You look....nice today, you trying to turn some heads at school?" He asked. The fact Stila didn't have a boyfriend was unimaginable in Lucas's eyes. The girl was beautiful, gorgeous even. Plus, she was funny, smart, sassy and pretty much everything one would want in a girlfriend, why she always chose to stick by him was a mystery, it had been that way since elementary school.

He looked down at his phone and noticed the time. " We should probably get going Stila, class starts in 10 minuets." He said, motioning for her to follow him to his car.

There wasn't anything out of the normal. He didn't ask why she did that, simply going along...like always. It honestly disappointed her, and she didn't know how much longer she could try to chase after a fantasy with Lucas. It was obvious he didn't like her back in the way she liked him. That was the sign she was getting at least.

Moving away, she sighed. "Yea, to class, lets go." Her voice strained. Stila was on the break of tears at this point, so frustrated with the fact her best friend was this dense. What an idiot he was, huh!

Walking ahead, she didn't bother make conversation with Lucas.

Lucas noticed the awkward silence between them as they walked to his car and climbed in. To be completely honest, he wasn't sure if Stila was upset about what he said, or something else entirely. He pulled out of his driveway and started making his way towards the school. The inside of the car was completely silent. It was odd, normally they would yammer all the way to school about any sort of random nonsense. Movies, game, school, it didn't really matter, it was nice to have someone to talk to on a daily basis. Sometimes they would talk about more serious things as well, things Lucas wouldn't really talk about with anyone, except someone who lived across the street from you your whole life and who you grew up with.

They pulled into the parking lot and Lucas stepped out of his car. He glanced over at Stila and frowned, debating if he should say something to her.

"I uh....I can't help but think I need to apologize for something....so I..." He paused a moment, waiting for a large crowd of people to pass, a sudden thought came his mind, they couldn't talk here an now, they would maybe have to wait until later, an idea suddenly came to mind.

"How bout this....lets meet back during lunch, I'll take you out...my treat." He said, maybe the mention of free food would cheer her up, even slightly.

Stila was almost desperate to break the eerie silence in the car, though something tugged at her. So, she kept her lips sealed shut, eyes peering out the window to pass the time. It went by slower than usual, maybe because of the silence? Yes, that had to be it for sure.

Once they parked, Stila was quick to unbuckle her seat and bolt out of the car. A loud boom followed her as she slammed the car door shut, rather aggressively. Looking at Lucas, she expected something from him but only got an empty-hearted reply. "S...sure!" She fake a smile, voice on the line of cracking, though raised in pitch to give off the vibe Stila was just fine! Perfectly OKAY!

Lucas either didn't notice it the tone of Stila's reply, or he more likely did notice, but really couldn't find the words to comfort Stila at the moment. He gave her a nod of acknowledgement before heading off in the opposite direction, away from Stila, as his first class was on the completely opposite end of the campus.

A Few Hours Later

The time really had seemed to just disappear, It was 5 minuets before lunch. Lucas looked down at his phone and dialed Stila's number, deciding to see her morning had went. After that awkward, and frankly terrible ride to school, he thought that she maybe wanted to be left alone for a while, perhaps she was feeling better now.

(Yeah, I'm still interested, I've been having a little bit of writers block)

Last edited:

During lunch, Stila decided to ignore Lucas' phone call, or his any other attempts to reach out to her. She'd been pissed all day, and by the end of the day was just ready to go home. She didn't want to go have a treat with Lucas, not after this morning. Instead, she went up to the dude, and poked him rather aggressively in the chest as she whispered to him. "You are such a dull asshole, I can't believe I ever liked you or do. There could be a sign in your face telling you to go left, but you'd never notice. I'll see you around Lucas. I don't think I can deal with you right now." She said. "I'll be taking the bus home." She added before walking off to go home.

To say Lucas was shocked, would be an understatement. He knew he had done something wrong when Stila came outside after school and jabbed him in the chest and scolded him. He had to admit, she was right about him being dense. He had struggled throughout most of his school life, and even he would admit he seemed a little of the slow side. Still, the fact he didn't realize his best friend was actually in love with him....it irked him. Of course....how could he be so stupid!

Stila wai......." he began to call to her, but she was already gone. "Shit." He muttered, shambling over to the car and heading home.

~~~~

That night, Lucas tossed and turned as he thought about the events of the day, and his feelings towards Stila.....she loved him, how long did she feel this way? Did he feel the same way?. He opened his phone and shot a text to Stila

Hey S........uh, how are you doing?

This night has gone miserable for Stila, but she didn't let it show to her father. She locked herself away in her room though, and spent her afternoon sleeping so when she got the text, she jumped up from her sleep. Looking down at the text, she almost wanted to throw her phone to the wall. Though, she answered.

I'm fine. What do you want?

Lucas was relieved to actually get a response from his childhood friend. If he was completely honest with himself, he doubted she would even respond to him, she seemed to be in such a sour mood earlier in the day.

I....uh....wanted to apologize for what happened earlier.

He paused, looking up for a moment, glancing across his room to the open window, he could see Stila's bedroom from where he was sitting, this would be so much easier if he was over there right now.

I'm sorry if I hurt you....I never would intentionally do anything to hurt you, you know that.

Stila let out a low growl after reading his two text, then looked out her open window to Lucas. She got up, and grabbed her tennis balls, beginning to throw them at his window. Afterwards, she texted him again.

You can't make up for anything. Take the wrath of my tennis balls. You're lucky you aren't over here because I'd shatter your windpipe. Now goodnight.

Stila shut her window and turned her lights off. She decided to go to sleep that night, not waste another second on Lucas.

Lucas heard the thunk thunk thunk of Stila's tennis balls hit the side of his house. All of a sudden , a lone tennis ball flew through the open window and grazed Lucas's head as it landed innocuously on the floor. Damn, he forgot that Stila actually had a pretty good arm. He looked over to see Stila had gone to bed, he shrugged to himself and decided he would talk to her in the morning.

He flopped onto his bed and let sleep overtake him.

By morning, Stila had gone to school extra early to avoid any contact with Lucas.

Lucas slinked into the classroom and noticed Stila sitting in the back of the class, He half smiled and made his way towards her. "Heh...small world seeing you her, I'm kind of surprised you came to school today. Normally, whenever you're mad at me, you take the next day off, in order to avoid my ugly mug." He joked, chuckling slightly at his own joke.

His joke didn't help Stila's awful mood. She growled, bearing teeth like some angry wolf. "I only came to school because my parent's wouldn't let me stay home. Now stay the hell away from me for good this time." She said before standing up. Good thing this class hadn't started yet. "Looks like I'll be skipping today." She grumbled out as her bag was slung over her right shoulder. "Don't ever fucking talk to me again Lucas. You obviously don't understand I don't want to deal with you anymore. I am tired of being tied around your finger, always trying to impress you...only to get nothing back!" She barked out which caused a few glares, but oh well. With that out of the way, Stila marched out of the room.