1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
I enjoy modern fantasy, fantasy, scifi, romance, yuri, romance,adventure, action, all that good stuff. I tend to stay farther away from horror and the like, but thrillers maybe? I guess? I've never really tried so I'd be open to it.
The sun was shining brightly through the clouds as Ylva entered Whiterun. She had just returned from a contract from Farkas and had been gone for almost two days. She was ready for a good meal and some rest. Dispatching of some bandits wasn't exactly a hard job, but the traveling was what really wore Ylva down. Not to mention on this particular mission she'd managed to lose her horse. The city was quiet, which it normally was in the morning and Ylva was happy not to speak to anyone as she made her way to the Wind District. The Gildergreen was visible now as she made her way up the steps and soon she could see Jorrvaskr. A small smile grew on her lips as she adjusted her pack on her back and started jogging.

When she pushed the doors open to the lodge house, she was greeted with the smell of cooked meat and the warmth of the fire. Tilma was up and about tidying what she could in the hall before the other companions woke up. "Welcome back, Ylva." The elder woman greeted with a warm smile and Ylva returned it.

"Good morning, Tilma," Ylva sighed as she sat down in one of the chairs at the table and set her bag down next to her. She didn't waste time shoving a chicken leg into her mouth before she continued to speak. "Anything interesting happen while I was gone?"

"Just a couple of the whelps getting into fights." Tilma answered with a shake of her head as she continued to sweep. "You know, it's awful hard to keep this place tidy when all you companions do is break things and rough house." Ylva chuckled, but didn't answer as she continued to speak. She needed to eat quickly before the others woke and sent her on another job. "Would you mind doing me a favor, Ylva, dear?" The dark haired woman sighed as she finished her food and glanced over her shoulder at Tilma. "We're running a bit short on materials that I need to keep repairing things around here. Would you mind running to Belathor's and picking some things up for me?"

Ylva wanted to deny the request, but Tilma was always looking out for them. What was a few more minutes before she got to sleep? Well, a lot, actually, but she would do it anyway. "I'll do it," Ylva answered as she stood and downed some ale before picking up her bag. "If you would be so kind as to put my bag in my room, please." Tilma smiled and nodded before taking the bag from Ylva and heading towards the stairs that led to the lodging. The companion sighed as she stretched her arms over her head and turned towards the doors. Vendors would be opening their shops soon and that meant that others would be out shopping. She rolled her eyes before pushing past the wooden doors and inhaling deeply. At least this errand wouldn't take too long.

• Love
Reactions: Munchkin
Thalia Greenvale
The past few days had been somewhere between a dream and a nightmare. Thalia was still trying to process if it was all real--but every time she gave herself a painful pinch, she was still here, so it had to be real. The wood elf had faced death several times over the past week, but didn't have time to sit around in shock.

A dragon had attacked Helgen, and Thalia barely escaped with her life. She had come face-to-face with the infamous Ulfric Stormcloak himself, and had nearly died with him. She had been bent over a chopping block, about to have her head separated from her body when things just got more incredible. She had ended up escaping with a fellow prisoner, a Stormcloak soldier, who led her to Riverwood, where she stayed for a day or two to get her strength back, before she was sent off to Whiterun in order to tell the Jarl about the Helgen attack. Thalia wasn't even sure if the Jarl would believe her, or laugh in her face--or if she would even be allowed to see the Jarl. She was hoping the fact that she brought the name of Gerdur with her, that maybe someone would listen to. Gerdur--the sister of the prisoner she escaped with, was the owner of the Mill in Riverwood--and had some respect locally.

Thalia had been in Whiterun before, normally she would come in on business--stop by the Drunken Huntsman, get some updates about what was going on in the area, and do some trading--but today she had no time to waste. She didn't even have any wares to sell--everything had been taken from her when she was caught smuggling skooma across the border into Skyrim. Shame too--she had at least a thousand gold worth of skooma with her, as well as moon sugar.

The half-day long walk from Riverwood to Whiterun wasn't too bad, although Thalia was personally used to a horse. She would have to start over, save up to buy herself another horse. As she came to the gates of Whiterun, a guard stopped her, and asked her what business she was on. She was almost offended--she'd never been asked this before. Her brows furrowed, "I'm here to see Jarl Balgruuf," she said firmly, and confidently, but not disrespectfully.

The guard almost scoffed inside his helmet. Thalia's hands balled into fists, but she didn't retaliate. She had a bow, a short dagger, a satchel, and a basic set of leather armor. Her red hair blowed somewhat in the breeze, as she took a low breath, clearing her head, "I have news from Helgen," she said calmly, and as if they were the magic words, the guard suddenly took a step back, [BCOLOR=#000000]"Well... alright then. Don't cause any trouble..." [/BCOLOR]and like that she was let in.

Once inside, she looked around, before making her way towards the Jarl's keep. Thalia took in the sight--this time a few days ago, she thought she'd never see this place again. She was glad to be alive--even though her life had been turned upside down, and she was suddenly a part of these historical events unfolding in Skyrim. Perhaps this would be the only part she played--a messenger. Or perhaps she would play more...

She passed by all the welcoming, familiar shops, but there was a bit of a disturbance in the air. A few moments later she climbed the stone steps into the wind district, and stood at the bottom of the stairs that lead up to the Jarl's keep. She looked up the hill. She'd never been up there before--she wondered what the Nord Jarl would think of a wood elf entering into his keep. Her attention was pulled away for a moment as she heard a man exclaiming about Talos near by. His anti-Empire ejaculations were no concern to her--in fact it caused her to give a bit of a smirk. She was not a Talos worshipper, but she was a rebel against the empire, and everything that had to do with the Thalmor--which were the main reason for the Talos-banning.

Reactions: Saber
"Do come again." Belthor waved as Ylva exited the shop. She rolled her eyes and sighed as she closed the door behind her, heading back towards Jorrvaskr. The town was starting to get busier as people came out to do their shopping and drinking. The companion adjusted the packages she hand in her arms as she went back up to the wind district and noticed a wood elf heading towards Dragonsreach. That was an odd sight to see indeed. Not that Wood Elves weren't banned in Whiterun, but it was just uncommon to see them so far from forests, and heading up to see the Jarl, no less.

"That's interesting." Ylva muttered to herself as she opened the door to Jorrvaskr and found Tilma sweeping up a broken pot. The new companions must've woken up. "Here you are, Tilma. Now if you don't mind, I'll be heading dow-"

"Not so fast." Ylva lowered her head and sighed. "Eorlund needed a sword taken to the Jarl. Do that and your errands are done." The dark haired woman sighed again as Tilma moved to a table and picked up a sword before offering it to Ylva. She didn't say anything as she took the sword and left Jorrvaskr once more. Ylva was more exhausted than she even realized as she moved towards the steps that led up to Dragonsreach. At least this wouldn't take too long. As she reached the heavy doors to Dragonsreach, Ylva pushed them open and was surprised to already hear the Jarl's voice. That's when she noticed the wood elf from earlier speaking tot he Jarl. Very interesting. Ylva quietly waited her turn to speak to the Jarl, but couldn't help but to try and listen to what was being said.

• Love
Thalia Greenvale
At first, Thalia had come face-to-face with the Jarl's body guard--a dark elf. Thalia insisted that she speak directly to the Jarl, that that's who her message was for. She was persistent enough, and caused a large enough scene that the Jarl himself called the two of them over there.

"Now, what exactly is going on?"

"This woman insists on delivering a message directly to you, and I--"

"Then let her speak--I want to hear what she has to say..." the Jarl leaned casually in his throne, elbow on one of the arm rests and his chin in his hand. Thalia gave the dark elf a stern look--but she wasn't cruel. She took a few steps forward to the Jarl.

"I was sent here by Gerdur of Riverwood to call for aid. Helgen has been attacked, and Riverwood needs reinforcements."

"And what part do you play in all of this?" the Jarl asked, gesturing over to the wood elf--who was petite for her race.

"I was at Helgen during the attack..." a few listeners and eves droppers quieted down and began to listen. Thalia would be the first eye-witness surviver from Helgen to speak with them. "A dragon attacked us--"

"A dragon?" the dark elf looked suspicious--unbelieving.

"Yes--a dragon... I was there, and I barely escaped. Gerdur's brother was also there... he brought me to Gerdur, who then became worried about Riverwood's safety--and sent me here. Riverwood calls for aid."

"Alright then. I will send them aid," he said, waving a hand again, "But we need to figure out why there was a dragon to begin with..."

The Jarl continued to look at Thalia, who blinked, somewhat confused before taking a step back, "Wh--me?" she asked, feeling her heart begin to sink as she was feeling herself dragged into this, "I don't know anything more about this than you do," she said.

"Actually you do... you saw it happen, you saw the dragon. My court mage has been researching and studying dragons for years, and he doesn't even have the experience you do of setting your eyes on one. If you help him--I will make sure that you are rewarded. You have already done Riverwood a great service--and I am indebted to you. Please accept a gift of gratitude. My stewart will set you up with some armor--you seem like an adventurer, and that you need it."

Thalia could do nothing except give a little nod, as the stewart brought her some heavier, more durable armor than what she currently had--which was a cheap leather armor. The armor was all in a sack, and she pulled it on her back.

"Feel free to help yourself to some food and wine while you decide."

Thalia walked over to one of the tables, and sat down, running a hand wearily through her hair. The Jarl was inquisitive enough to know that she wasn't completely sure if she wanted to go further, or just relax and be done with this whole thing. But he had made a point--and she could use the reward. She was currently running on the generosity of Gerdur. She wanted to make her own resources again--work for her goods.

She may have wanted no part in this dragon business--but if they didn't figure out what was going on, and try to stop it, than that would be trouble for everyone--including Thalia... and all of Skyrim, no--all of Tamriel.

• Love
A dragon? Ylva thought to herself as she heard bits and pieces, or rather, a lot of the conversation since the Jarl wasn't really a soft spoken man. When he was finally done speaking to the Jarl, Proventus noticed and waved her forward. The companion moved forward, her eyes watching the wood elf as she moved towards a table. "I have a gift from Eorlund Grey-Mane, Jarl." Ylva held out the sword to Proventus and the man took it to the Jarl.

"Ah, my Skyforge steel." Jarl Balgruuf smiled as he unsheathed the sword and held it up in the light. "Magnificent," He glanced down to Ylva and sheathed the sword again. "Thank you, companion." He stood and flourished his arm towards the tables. "Feel free to eat from my table. I know you companions are almost nonstop fighting for the good of Whiterun."

"You're too kind, Jarl." Ylva smiled as she bowed her head slightly. "I will be sure to take your praises back to Eorlund." The Jarl nodded as Ylva turned to one of the tables. She was hungry, and the Jarl did offer so she could at least grab a slab of meat before she left. Though she hadn't noticed she sat at the table the wood elf was at as well. She glanced up at the small elf and raised her eyebrows. "So, are you going to take the Jarl's offer?" Ylva asked before grabbing a venison steak from a plate. "I don't mean to listen in, but Balgruuf isn't exactly quiet."

Ylva knew it was none of her business, but she was naturally curious. If had been her the Jarl had given the mission to, she would've greedily taken it. To do work for the Jarl was good work indeed. Plenty of reward and also the recognition through Whiterun, that never hurt. So she couldn't help but ask the wood elf if she was going to take the job or not. If anything if she turned it down, Ylva might offer her services.

• Love
Thalia Greenvale
Thalia walked over to one of the tables and sat down, sighing as she took some fresh food and began to eat. It was the most delicious thing she'd had in ages… just as she was thinking over a few things, someone sat down across from her—she looked up from her food to see a Nord woman sitting across from her. She gave a polite smile, and a little chuckle, "It appears that I have no choice," she said taking a bite of stew-soaked bread, "because of Helgen, I have nothing. And now I have a mission given by a Jarl—he has already clothed me, fed me… it seems both foolish and selfish not do take it," she said, reaching over to pour herself some mead, "I plan to take it," she said with a deep sigh. This was not how she had wanted things to go—but she had no choice but to do it. She might as well try to work up a good enough attitude about it as well. She would rather be doing this than have perished at Helgen through flame or execution.

Thalia's sharp elven eyes searched over the Nord woman, noticing her armor and attire, "You're a companion," she said with a bit of a smile, "I've heard a lot about you companions," she said, tilting her head as she thought back on some of the stories, "and what good you have done for Whiterun—and Skyrim, no less," she said, dipping a spoon in some meat stew. She knew she was now indebted to the people of Riverwood and Whiterun, "My Bosmer kinsman over at the Drunken Huntsman seem to think highly of you, at least—and that is no small compliment," she said, "My name is Thalia," she added. Thalia didn't bother giving a surname. Her family was long gone, and had no other ties to Skyrim that this woman would know.

• Love
Ylva was a bit surprised to hear that the wood elves over at the Drunk Huntsman thought highly of the companions, but it was still a nice thing to hear. The companion chuckled as she took her own mug of mead and took a long drink. "I'm Ylva." She introduced as she grabbed a roll. "I'm glad to hear that my shield-brothers and sisters are able to do some good for Skyrim." Ylva glanced back at Thalia and smirked. "I have to admit, I haven't really been father than Riverwood. My missions usually deal with any bandits or bloodsuckers that try and make homes in the plains around Whiterun." Ylva shoved the bread into her mouth and sighed. She would love to go on an adventure like the one that Thalia had the opportunity to go on. She wanted to see other towns, other ruins, she wanted to actually get to explore somewhere knew.

Those thoughts alone gave birth to another thought. Her eyebrows raised slightly at the realization before she glanced over at Thalia and offered the wood elf a sly smile. "So this mission, I'm sure it will be dangerous. Perhaps you could use some extra help?" Ylva was sort of reaching for stars at this point. Thalia barely knew, scratch that, didn't know her, and Ylva asking her to tag along was an odd request. But in the long run, it would benefit both of them. Especially if Thalia was going after dragons. The idea of fighting a dragon made Ylva's blood warm with excitement and her muscles began to twitch. To think she could slay a dragon. "I don't mean to be so nosy, but I am a very proficient fighter."

Status
Not open for further replies.