Divergent-You Chose Us Now We Have To Choose You

• Thread starter Cromartie Sarkissian
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignoring the taunting of the Dauntless-born boy, Kestrel ran at the gaping hole in the roof. Upon reaching the edge, the Dauntless-born took a leap of faith and fell into darkness.

lk3mirs.jpg

Victor watched as everyone walked over to the sad girl...and the jerk, he knew that they could handle it. There was another task at hand. To be Dauntless meant to protect others, but also meant to prove yourself to others...so being the brave one that he knew he could be, Victor went over to the hole. He could see nothing down there, he took a big gulp. He closed his eyes and then he jumped down...hoping that something was down there for him to not die or get hurt severely. He took the INITIATION, hoping to pass with flying colors again.

Austin didn't bother with the girl or the bullies. If she couldn't handle emotional stress alongside the physical then her time here would be short. He put his foot up on the ledge and prepared to jump. He was still hurting a little from jumping off the train. "These guys just don't let up." It was unlikely that the Dauntless would just usher their initiates into a suicide pit. He took the jump into the pit with confidence.

Ignoring the taunting of the Dauntless-born boy, Kestrel ran at the gaping hole in the roof. Upon reaching the edge, the Dauntless-born took a leap of faith and fell into darkness.
@CynderTheDragoness
Gm Post for CyndertheDragoness
You begin to fall, plunging into the shadows, swallowed by the darkness. Seconds pass like years. You can't tell which way is up or down. Is this death? All of a sudden you are flung back into the air, then down again, then back up into the air, before coming to a complete stop. You land on a safety net. A tall woman strides up to the net, her dreadlocks pulled back neatly into a pony tail. She's beautiful, but not the typical kind; she's dauntless beautiful; she's strong. A snake-like tattoo engulfs the left half of her face, swarming her eye and pieced lip. She leans over the net, pulling it down and looking you in the eye. "What's your name, Initiate? Be careful; you only get to choose it once."

@Shattered♦Secrets™
Gm/Npc Post for Shattered Secrets
Swiftly after Kestrel takes the plunge, Aries follows, only separated by the Dauntless Girl's head start, smacking the net with a thumping crack. The woman approaches the transfer, only to find that his leg has torn through the net; no serious injuries but a b**** of a burn. "You'll be fine initiate, just a scratch by Dauntless standards; anyway, what's your name kid? Let me get you some ice for ya boo-boo?"

@Xytheus
(Sorry, but you need to roll a dice) XP

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MadKingJai™
@CynderTheDragoness
You begin to fall, plunging into the shadows, swallowed by the darkness. Seconds pass like years. You can't tell which way is up or down. Is this death? All of a sudden you are flung back into the air, then down again, then back up into the air, before coming to a complete stop. You land on a safety net. A tall woman strides up to the net, her dreadlocks pulled back neatly into a pony tail. She's beautiful, but not the typical kind; she's dauntless beautiful; she's strong. A snake-like tattoo engulfs the left half of her face, swarming her eye and pieced lip. She leans over the net, pulling it down and looking you in the eye. "What's your name, Initiate? Be careful; you only get to choose it once."

@Shattered♦Secrets™
Swiftly after Kestrel takes the plunge, Aries follows, only separated by the Dauntless Girl's head start, smacking the net with a thumping crack. The woman approaches the transfer, only to find that his leg has torn through the net; no serious injuries but a b**** of a burn. "You'll be fine initiate, just a scratch by Dauntless standards; anyway, what's your name kid? Let me get you some ice for ya boo-boo?"

@Xytheus
(Sorry, but you need to roll a dice) XP
(Read the OOC.)

(Read the OOC.)
Oooooh, thanks. I haven't checked the OOC today

From now on all dice rolling shall be done in the OOC thread/Sign Ups Page
Gm Post for Xytheus

Swiftly following the first jumpers came Austin, landing with a near flawless dismount. Drastically rolling out of the net, Austin almost knocked over the Dauntless Woman. "Easy now, kid. Nice jump, by the way, you've got talent. Where did you transfer from? Let me guess? You calculated that jump with a compass?" She laughs " sorry, that must've seemed rude of me; you have a name, initiate? You're definitely one to look out for..."

@The Dauntless Bully
@ChemoNinja
Npc Post-The Dauntless Bully
"I'm just motivating the girl! Trust a transfer to quote the manifesto. The Manifesto isn't law kid; its advice. Besides, what right does a Banjo-Strumin' Softie like you to quote the Dauntless, and to call me a coward. You'll never be half the fighter I am!" The Dauntless boy's fists clench, his jaw tightening by the second. He despised being challenged. Prior to the other initiates arrival, he was ready to pounce, ready to take the Pansycake with ease. However, knowing he was not only out numbered 3:1, two of which were Dauntless born, he yields. "The name's Quintis, Quintis Murd. Murd by name and certainly murd-erer by nature. Remember the name, write it down; soon it'll be top of the rankings." his tone is slow, but just as threatening as it was during his rant. He runs this gloved fingers through his rigid, black hair, frozen by product into a quiff. "I'll enjoy destroying every last one of you during the initiation" He jumps

Aurora held the girl as they hit the net and she rolled out and looked waiting to see if merrick came down too. she helped the girl out of the net and said to the girl im Aurora luce aka Rora and who are you? she gave a nice smile trying to be kind knowing this girl was hurting for losing her other two siblings from the train jump. @Tokusentai

Sirius held his breath waiting for the bully to hit him but when the blow didn't come he let out a relived sigh. He couldn't understand how some people could be so dense. Sirius chose Dauntless just like Quintis did, the only difference is where they were raised. They should be more or less equals now right? Then again Sirius really didn't know how things worked here yet... And he supposed the bully,had the upper hand in whatever come next.... But still.

Sirius moved closer to the edge for the jump and looked down. All of a sudden he felt a wave of dizziness come over him and fought with himself to not back away. The fact that he couldn't see anything below didn't help either. He knew he would have to go eventually, that dauntless didn't wait for anyone, according to Magnus. He couldn't live factionless, but he really, really, didn't want to jump. After a few seconds of waring with himself he took a deep breath and stepped off the ledge, hoping something would be at the bottom to catch him.

Swallowing her panic, Kestrel suddenly finds herself being launched back into the air a few more times before she came to a stop. She was in a net. A Dauntless woman lowered the net enough for Kes to climb out. Once her boots hit the floor, she was asked to give her name. This was her chance to change it if she wanted, but she liked her name. It was Dauntless and suited her well. "Kestrel, my name is Kestrel." She said with confidence. Almost as soon as she had spoken, a Transfer from Amity had landed in the net. She had to admire him for his courage to be the third jumper. She figured the Amity transfers would all jump together, just before the Abegnation.

Oooooh, thanks. I haven't checked the OOC today

From now on all dice rolling shall be done in the OOC thread/Sign Ups Page

Swiftly following the first jumpers came Austin, landing with a near flawless dismount. Drastically rolling out of the net, Austin almost knocked over the Dauntless Woman. "Easy now, kid. Nice jump, by the way, you've got talent. Where did you transfer from? Let me guess? You calculated that jump with a compass?" She laughs " sorry, that must've seemed rude of me; you have a name, initiate? You're definitely one to look out for..."

"Whoops. Sorry about that. Name's Austin. I transferred from Erudite. And no, why would I calculate the jump with a compass? A protracter and tape measure would be far more suitable-..sorry. My Erudite side is showing." He moved out of the way of the other jumpers.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Tamsin thought that the train jump would have been the most exciting part of the initiation, but she should have known better than to underestimate the Dauntless. She didn't jump first, although she had wanted to, but she'd gotten distracted by the unfortunate Candor girl and the bully. Before she could go and comfort the Candor girl however, someone else did and the bully was dealt with as well. Although Tamsin had a good feeling that she would be crossing paths with him later.

She approached the hole and took a deep breath before rocking back on her heels, then launching herself forward in a front flip. Whatever was down there, she wanted to land on her back and not her chest in case it was a hard surface. No point in shattering her face after all and at least if she landed on her back, she'd last for a few minutes, long enough to at least see where she'd landed.

Seeing Quintus back down, Levi strides over to the hole. "So this is The Drop," he says, loud enough for everyone to hear. Turning his back, to it, he tells the rest of the initiates, "Y'all better hurry. Dauntless don't wait. And, FYI, Quintus is a prick. Always has been, probably always will be. Don't let him get to you. He's all talk with a big ego, but ain't got the skills to back it up." With that, he falls backwards into The Drop.

Kestrel rolled her eyes at the Erudite boy's long-winded introduction. She stepped out of the way as more people fell through.

Kevin managed to make a judge from the train, almost tripping over as he clumsily rolled onto the building. He almost immediately made the net jump, leaping forward, then, as he fell, curling into a ball, using his arms and legs to protect his head and chest.

Gm/Mid Chapter Update

Within moments the rest of the initiates hit the net, each bouncing as they collide with the rope, before once again huddling and mingling amongst themselves. At long last, the Dauntless Woman introduces herself "My name is Vivian Hook, and I shall be the one who has the honour of training you all to become the best Dauntless you can be. I assume you have already had the Misfortune of meeting my friend here, Magnus, the other initiator. On behalf of every member in this compound, I welcome you to Dauntless" Vivian turns to her left, grabbing a large black sports bag and strapping it over her solder. "If you would like to follow me, I'll lead you to your dormitories"

You begin to half walk, half jog to keep up with Vivian's fast strides through the cold corridors and crevices of the Dauntless compound. At almost every corner another shadowy training centre appears; one for fighting, one for knife throwing, a shooting gallery,even a room with what appears to be a surgery chair; what is that for?

You shortly arrive in a mostly empty hall containing 20 or so beds. The room is shamefully empty, only a few tables, a sink, a mirror and an open air toilet. To make matters worse, it's the coldest part of the compound you've seen so far. Vivian throws the bag into the centre of the room, the buttons that once sealed it coming undone as it falls, revealing its leathery contents. "Transfers, grab some new clothes; you look like a rainbow just came out of it's fear landscape. Got garments of all kinds in their, leather gloves, leather jackets, black gloves, black pants, black jackets....lots and lots of black jackets....a few vest,....I could go on, but either way, help yourselves. Make it snappy too; we don't have all day; 5 minutes, Initiates, then meet me in the main hall; the first cavern on your left"
@ Everyone

(I rolled a 14 earlier so I'm going with that)

As Sirius was falling he felt like he was going to throw up, even more so when, for just a split second, he felt something ruff hit his back hard and toss him back in the air. While he was air born for the second time he let out a surprised squeal and flailed around some turning over so that when the net came back to meet him again he could grab onto it. He was shortly out of the net and back on solid ground, and loving every second of it.

He didn't mind Vivian's fast pace, he liked the brisk walk, though he wasn't really paying attention to what he was walking by. He would rather deal with whatever was coming to him when it came. When Vivian threw the bag of clothes he wasn't in too much of a hurry to reach it, he was sure there wasn't very many kids here that com paired to his small size, well for a boy anyway. When he got to the bag he sorted through it contents looking mostly at sizes and came away with a simple outfit, black jeans, tank top and light jacket, staying away from the restrictive leather. He also grabbed a pair of gloves just in case. It took him a moment to realize that there was no real private area to change. After a moment he walked to one of the farthest a available beds and turned his back to everyone to change thinking as long as he couldn't see anyone he would be alright. When he was finished he wandered over to the designated meeting area, taking in the look and feel of the compound as he went. He did have one question though... What the hell is a fear landscape? What ever it is it doesn't sound good

@MikasaAckerman12598
Npc-Help the Candor Girl Team
The Candor girl tugs at your arm, her lips quivering "I don't want them to see me like this. I don't want the Dauntless to see me cry. I made a mistake, I was the one who persuaded my sisters to jump when they did. We were all meant to hold hands, taking the first steps into our faction together... and I let go....I was just trying to impress them... show them I wasn't just the runt of the family....Look where that got us...*sniff* I was the one who persuaded them to choose Dauntless too...oh, God, what have I done.... They wanted to choose Amity... but me and my big mouth...I Got them killed... it's all my fault..." She stops, wiping her pale, green eyes with her sleeves. "My name is Emma, by the way...*sniff* I'm sorry, but all of you probably think I'm a coward now, right?"

~ Isolde and Arrow ~

Isolde looked to the man as he beckoned her forward.. Her eye's all but wandered those that remained.. Including the familiar face of her brother , Jackson. He seemed content as he nodded slowly to her as if assuring her that without a single doubt in his mind that she could do it. It was than that she took a step back and all but leapt down into the darkness of the hole as her arms flailed slightly at her side.. Her eye's drew shut as she hit the material only to be bounced back upward's slightly as her eye's drew open in a flash. Her pale green eye's blinked rapidly as if to adjust to the lighting below as she felt someone tug at the net to roll her toward's them as her skirts tangled against the length of her long leg's. She came to finally stand upon the solid ground as she heard a woman by the name of Vivian speak up. Isolde begin's her run up to catch up as she knew her brother would be there before she knew it. At last he came to her side with a cheeky grin streaked against his face as she all but rolled her eye's with a huff as they trailed along with the other's. Jackson all but continued to grin broadly after the rush and thrill of jumping had filled him. This was it.. This felt like somewhere he could belong in all honesty. It was something he wished he could have found back in Abnegation for his parent's sake... He tried yet to no avail.. Now here he was trailing down the Dauntless hall's as a initiate.. Of course his eye's wandered briefly over the other girl's but faded quickly away as he focused himself on the time at hand. With large stride's he caught up with Annie as the group proceeded to enter the vast room where the woman tossed a large duffel bag of clothes to the center. As Vivian left he chuckled lowly as the muscle's held beneath the dull grey material remained unknown to most. He quickly snagged clothes as he began to undress without much bother to those around him as he tossed the clothes of his previous life into the bin where he saw his sister's fly into as well with a thud. He pulled up the black pant's followed by the loose fitted black V-neck shirt as he eased a jacket over his shoulder.. Jackson found his way to the door with brief glances at the girl's as he leaned against the entryway awaiting the other's. Isolde had at last finished changing as the black pant's hugged every curve of her's unlike that of her Abnegation attire.. She had well... A body in these. She tugged a shirt on quick followed by that of a loose fitting jacket as she dipped down to tie the boot's securely on. As she dipped back up her flaming red locks swung loosely behind her as her hand raked through it. She maneuvered her way slowly around the boy's avoiding peeking..At the most part's as she came to stand at the door where Jackson was as she smiled slowly to him as they began to walk their way slowly down the cavern hall to go and join Vivian at the Main hall.. In Isolde's mind she wondered what life would give her here and at that moment she could see it in Arrow's eye's that he was wondering the same thing plus all the girl's.. Typical , she thought as she rolled her eye's and ignored the impossible notion of boyfriend's and such.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
~ Isolde and Arrow ~

Isolde looked to the man as he beckoned her forward.. Her eye's all but wandered those that remained.. Including the familiar face of her brother , Jackson. He seemed content as he nodded slowly to her as if assuring her that without a single doubt in his mind that she could do it. It was than that she took a step back and all but leapt down into the darkness of the hole as her arms flailed slightly at her side.. Her eye's drew shut as she hit the material only to be bounced back upward's slightly as her eye's drew open in a flash. Her pale green eye's blinked rapidly as if to adjust to the lighting below as she felt someone tug at the net to roll her toward's them as her skirts tangled against the length of her long leg's. She came to finally stand upon the solid ground as she heard a woman by the name of Vivian speak up. Isolde begin's her run up to catch up as she knew her brother would be there before she knew it. At last he came to her side with a cheeky grin streaked against his face as she all but rolled her eye's with a huff as they trailed along with the other's. Jackson all but continued to grin broadly after the rush and thrill of jumping had filled him. This was it.. This felt like somewhere he could belong in all honesty. It was something he wished he could have found back in Abnegation for his parent's sake... He tried yet to no avail.. Now here he was trailing down the Dauntless hall's as a initiate.. Of course his eye's wandered briefly over the other girl's but faded quickly away as he focused himself on the time at hand. With large stride's he caught up with Annie as the group proceeded to enter the vast room where the woman tossed a large duffel bag of clothes to the center. As Vivian left he chuckled lowly as the muscle's held beneath the dull grey material remained unknown to most. He quickly snagged clothes as he began to undress without much bother to those around him as he tossed the clothes of his previous life into the bin where he saw his sister's fly into as well with a thud. He pulled up the black pant's followed by the loose fitted black V-neck shirt as he eased a jacket over his shoulder.. Jackson found his way to the door with brief glances at the girl's as he leaned against the entryway awaiting the other's. Isolde had at last finished changing as the black pant's hugged every curve of her's unlike that of her Abnegation attire.. She had well... A body in these. She tugged a shirt on quick followed by that of a loose fitting jacket as she dipped down to tie the boot's securely on. As she dipped back up her flaming red locks swung loosely behind her as her hand raked through it. She maneuvered her way slowly around the boy's avoiding peeking..At the most part's as she came to stand at the door where Jackson was as she smiled slowly to him as they began to walk their way slowly down the cavern hall to go and join Vivian at the Main hall.. In Isolde's mind she wondered what life would give her here and at that moment she could see it in Arrow's eye's that he was wondering the same thing plus all the girl's.. Typical , she thought as she rolled her eye's and ignored the impossible notion of boyfriend's and such.
Npc- Sarkissian for Shayla
A leather clad boy walks up to you. He's scrawny, piecing-less, undoubtably a transfer. "You alright stiff? You look a tad....Daunted! The name's Sarkisian, friends call me Sark. You probably can't tell through all this leather, but I was an Abnegation transfer too. We had a few classes together, you and I. You probably don't remember me, it was a while ago, but it's nice to see a familiar face. You glad to be out of Abnegation?"

Status
Not open for further replies.