Divergent-You Chose Us Now We Have To Choose You

• Thread starter Cromartie Sarkissian
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kestrel Smith ran with other Dauntless-born and Tansfers alike as the Dauntless charged down the cracked, uneven street. Who shouted and hollered as she ran, up thr stairs, onto the platform. She had only moments tgo catch her breath and prepare for the jump as the tracks rattled as the drew nearer with each passing second. Not bothering with introductions with the Transfers, Kestrel runs alongside the train. She has made this jump more times than she cares to count. She grabs the handle and swings inside.

(Ok, got it. Lol. I need to practice ylthe dice thing.)

Last edited:
Merrick looks at Rura. "Here we go!" Taking a running start, he leaps from the train. He tucks and rolls as he lands on the building top.

After having jumped, Sirius's landing was less than graceful as he rolled to a stop on the roof of the building. But at least he made it. Still on the ground, he took a moment to inspect his minor scrapes and bruises before he stood to watch everyone else jump. He admired the dauntless-born obviously they knew what they were doing while all Sirius could hope for at this point was to have enough skill to stand on his own two feet.... Baby steps

lk3mirs.jpg

Aries saw how everyone got ready to jump. He also looked at the guy who looked at the Amity kids...really? Did he not think they could deal with a jump. He was nervous...it was a far jump. He saw Sirius make it, which made him feel better about himself, maybe he could do it. He saw everyone run off and land...some didn't. "Okay, here goes nothing." He took a deep breath, and gave a running start. Feeling the air whisp behind his head. "Wooo!"

aurora was surprised to see someone she had known someone in her family hadn't made it onto the train she then heard them say the jump was up which was no surprise to her.Rora said levi always falling behind on the train climb as usual she jumped out of the train and tucked and rolled onto the top of the buiding after her childhood friend. she then caught up to him saying that was easy you ready for the jump inside?

Rhewi didn't even flinch as she let a drop of blood tremble on her finger before letting it splash onto the hot coals. She was Dauntless-born and Dauntless-made, Dauntless through and through. There was no doubt in her mind that Dauntless was the place for her. Finally, the sorting ceremony was over and she ran with the front of the pack, her breath coming in easy gasps before a quick grab swung her up onto the train.

Not bothering herself with any of the other new initiates, she simply leaned against the wall and let her cool blue eyes roam until the instructor came. She listened with a bored expression on her face, not scared of the jump coming up. She had done this ever since she had been able to walk. Every Dauntless-born had. One deep breath and she leapt.

Driag had a foolish grin on his face as his blood sizzled in the fire. Sometimes he got ribbed about being as happy as an Amity, but he loved being Dauntless. It was like a fire in his blood, that warmed him up from the inside out and made him just so... excited! Not many people understood his passion, but he didn't mind. Being the best Dauntless he could be was his only goal, and he would do anything to get it.

A slight smirk as he watched people get left behind, try the jump and fail, or simply not jump at all. They had no determination, and he was glad they were out. No one needed people who weren't prepared to go the distance. A slight nod to the instructor and he was out of the train, not sparing a thought for any of the other initiates.

lk3mirs.jpg

Aries saw how everyone got ready to jump. He also looked at the guy who looked at the Amity kids...really? Did he not think they could deal with a jump. He was nervous...it was a far jump. He saw Sirius make it, which made him feel better about himself, maybe he could do it. He saw everyone run off and land...some didn't. "Okay, here goes nothing." He took a deep breath, and gave a running start. Feeling the air whisp behind his head. "Wooo!"

Npc Post for Aries
"Bravo Initiate! You made that jump better that even I could have!" Magus chuckles "Maybe your not the Banjo-Strumin' Softies we all believed you to be!" Magnus made the leap with ease, un-fazed, undaunted. "I think I'll be keeping my eye on you Initiate; you have potential to say the least! What's your name kid?"

The initiator turns towards the edge of the building, gazing off the edge. "It looks like we have a stiff pancake or two down there! I'll make sure to send a factionless gal around with a mop later today"

"Hurry up, the rest of you! The Dauntless Wait for No One!"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Justin
Without warning, someone started jumping, and it gave Crimson only a few seconds to think for herself. Crossing her heart and watching Are's, Crimmy jumped out strait after him, feeling her dark robes fly up as she plummeted from the train car.

Feet first. Bad mistake. The first thing Austins feet did when he hit the ground was stay in place. He practically did a front flip mid-air before sliding several feet on his back to the edge of the building. Luckily the small concrete barrier caught him. His shirt was torn to near shreds and he had several cuts from the concrete on his back. Not wanting to look weak, he stomached the pain and stood up quickly. "I'm ok-ish.....ow, fuck." He was probably going to need bandages.

(In accordance to the roll on my first post:)

Kestrel launched herself out of the train onto the roof. She rolled when she landed and jumped to her feet. She looked around as the other initiates joined her. Of course the Dauntless-born like herself made it look easy. The Transfers at least got on the roof.

lk3mirs.jpg

Aries took the leap, and he felt the concrete of the roof under his feet. He had crouched when he landed, saving his feet and body from feeling the pain of the hard concrete. Once he realized that he made it, he stood back up smiling at everyone around. When the older Dauntless member, who looked at the Amity Group earlier, told Aries that he had jumped better than even he had, Aries couldn't be more excited about that. "My name's Aries, and thanks for that." He waited for the rest to make it over, he even noticed how some did fall...he was sad for them, but he was more happy about him making it then anything. If he could get through that, and make it that well...then everything else should go as smooth.

I: @Tokusentai

Sirius stayed mostly out of the way while everyone else jumped, trying not to draw attention to himself. He would feel a lot better when he had on something other than the amity rags that he had on now. He took a moment to listen in on Magnus' complement towards Aries and smiled at him in congratulations. He hoped that Magnus meant what he said in a good way... He would hate to see something bad happen to the closest thing he had to a friend so far.

@Ananfal
Npc Post for Anafal
"Ha! You've been practising, initiate!" A new sensation covers the instructor's face; he is impressed. Two perfect jumpers in one year, and one was an amity too! He could barely believe his eyes. He turns towards Rhewi. "You, however, were a disgrace! You barely made that jumps; you were finger spaces away from the edge. And you call yourself dauntless born. It appears talent doesn't run in the family..." He Smiles. "Lets Raise the stakes shall we? 20 Dauntless Credits for anyone who can equal Aries and Draigs jumps. You two shall receive your rewards when you survive the rest of initiation. I have high hopes for you two"
@Shattered♦Secrets™

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Kevin had remained silent for almost this entire journey. A leap of faith. Story of his life. 1, 2, 3, Jump.
But it really wasn't that simple. One second early, one too late, that's all it took to kill him. Talk about having a trial by fire. He pushed his way to the back of the train, then took a running start....

"Credits?" Sirius piped up, "Are we on a scoring system?" He asked Magnus curiously. Why would they need a scoring system? Weren't they already in dauntless?

"Credits?" Sirius piped up, "Are we on a scoring system?" He asked Magnus curiously. Why would they need a scoring system? Weren't they already in dauntless?
Npc Post for ChemoNinja
"All shall be revealed, Initiate, all shall be revealed. Survive long enough and you will find out

Gm/Update Post
Open hearing the impatience in their overseers voice, almost all the other initiates make their jump. In their efforts to get off the train, many push or shove each other, each trying to make the perfect jump and the perfect first impression. You watch as the near empty train carriage once again fades of into the distance, only carrying a few Erudite initiates. Former Erudites; now, they are factionless

All of a sudden, screaming fills your ears, and you catch a glimpse a small girl leaning over the roof top, tears streaming down her cheeks. Some go over to see if she's okay, only to find the source of her woe; two bodies, mangled and manned beside the building. Despite their injuries, you recognise them immediately; the Candor triplets. Only one of them made it.....

The remaining initiates gather their bearings, scrambling to their feet and surveying their wounds. Some poke fun at the surviving Candor Triplet, the most dominant of which being a tall Dauntless born boy. "Looks like the three-for-one deal just expired on smart-mouth pancakes!" He chuckles,"Maybe we'll just have to make our own during the Initiation. Two spoons of flour, one spoonful of grief...."

Magnus marches further into the rooftop, towards the a gaping hole at the buildings centre. He kicks some of the roof tiles into the dark chasm, which vanish almost instantly, falling so far not even the sound of them smashing against the floor can be heard. Only silence. Only fog.
"Gather round initiates. This orta make things interesting." He points towards the darkest part of the hole. "Jump" a grin appears across the overseers face, revealing his long, jagged teeth. He jams his hands in his pockets, and paces backwards. "I advise you hurry up; the Dauntless don't like waiting"

Decision time.
You can either comfort the grieving Candor girl, sort out the DauntlessBorn Bully or be the first to complete Magnus' initiation. Bold your choice

Roll a dice once more, this time, a 15 sided one. 1 results in death, 2-3 results in injury, 4-20 result in survival. The odds are still stacked in you favour initiates.

Sort out the bully.
"And a cup of shut the fuck up." Sirius started calmly once he made his way closer to the bully. Really, Sirius didn't want to fight or enemies, he just wanted a few friends, maybe some allies, but what good was he if he couldn't pull his own weight? Or wasn't taken seriously as a dauntless? He knew jumping on and off a train wasn't going to be enough to prove that and quite frankly he wasn't ready to jump off of a building just yet. So he picked the lesser of two evils... Hopefully. "What happened to the dauntless being the big bad brave protectors of the city? What were the words...?" He stood there for a moment running the dauntless manifesto through his head picking out the best quote to use here "we believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another. We believe in shouting for those who can only whisper, in defending those who cannot defend themselves. We believe not just in bold words but in bold deeds to match them." He quoted his voice nearly a shout by the time he stopped.

When Sirius stopped to breath he had to take a moment to still his shaking hands, shoving them in his pants pockets... Probably a bad move... "I don't know about everyone else but I don't thing picking on a grieving girl is very dauntless... In fact I'd say its a pretty cowardice move." Of course all of it was just words... But words had a way of provoking people...

sort out a bully and comfort the candor girl, and complete initiation.
Aurora turned and said im with this guy leave the poor girl alone some people need the time to grieve over a loss and you should not be the one to judge her being upset losing family is hard but you must stick with your faction and you sir are not representing dauntless very well i think you should be factionless for you stupid words of bullying so how about you leave this poor girl the fuck alone and shove it! she would not stand to watch someone hurt her new family at all she spoke to the candor girl and said come on its not time to grieve yet grieve when you can be alone. then let that guide you to fight and create a new family my new sister now lets do that jump and make it into the compound. she took the girls hand and jumped into the black abyss off the roof into the hole.

Sort out a bully

Levi steps up beside Rora as she confronts the bully. He says, "C'mon man. Quit being a prick."

Status
Not open for further replies.