Status
Not open for further replies.
As for prior relationships, Sylphie's quarantine probably makes everyone a stranger to her. She doesn't actually need a bed either, though once she's cleared for contact they'd probably stick her in a room anyway (without giving her a bed, cuz penny-pinching rude dudes).

Maybe @R-9 Pilot 's Aya might've heard about some of her piloting exploits if she has any interest in air combat. Figure Sylphie might be a good mentor for her
I'm go for any prior relationships as well. Masako's probably got some fans, so some might know her cause of that.

Maxim's been around since pretty much the start of the war, so if you bounce around from front to front, then you might have run into him once or twice. If not, the fact that he's one of the few cybers still around from those early days might be something to note.

He may also attempt to "inspire" his comrades. Feeling down? Let him pick you up with an intense display of SLOVAK STRENGTH!!!

*POWER FLEX*

laUBMDx.jpg

And yeah, Alex Louis Armstrong was one of the wells I drew from for this character.

I want Sylphie and Maxim workouts really bad omgg

• Love
Reactions: Kazama
My dude would possibly always be like.

0I-never-asked-dpv1mh.jpg

"Have you ever seen such a prime specimen of man and machine?"
*changes flex pose*
"Grrroaagh... KYO!"

We'll make it happen. We must do our best to show everyone the true strength of Slovak.,

I'm wondering how Masako And Lucy might end up clashing. Considering Masako's fanbase along with her attitude towards competition, vs Lucy's Vlogging (and much smaller fanbase) coupled with her pride. I wonder if Masako might have heard of her. Outside of the military at least. Maybe a couple tweets of people saying a Victorian cyber is talking down the idols from the east. (Is Twitter a thing?)

If they haven't met at the start of the RP, that might pose some interesting results... Or if they've met before on a few missions or through communications and have a bit of their heated tensions. Up to you.

"So I've been asked my opinion on some easterners... Other than their poor taste in tea, I find their shows of fireworks and flair unamusing. Let's Uh... Heh, leave it there on the off chance someone on base is paying attention." - Lucy

Outside of Tea, Lucy and Aya should be fine. Might have some aerial bonding time in the skies. Probably a much softer and more friendly rivalry.

Then the two from Voskad, Lucy undeniably would have respect for them. Keeping it up through and through with the war.

Ima head back to sleep and figure out the rest of them tomorrow. Well later.

56949242_p0.jpg

Name: Kuroki Gamma; Kuu
Nationality: Kenshima

Appearance: Picture

History:
Kuroki was born weak, often confined to her bed or a wheelchair since her remembered. She was rarely allowed to go out to run and play with the other children, her limbs being stick thin and far too frail for the merest of pressure to be exerted on them. No matter how many times she tried to stand on her own, she always fell. Yet, that never stopped her from trying again and again to regain her footing, all her ambition in life was geared toward becoming a regular kid. Her family's tried everything, from rehabilitation to more medication, but nothing seemed to work. Nothing, until Kuroki heard of the Programme that turned people into cyborgs by watching that latest craze on television.

A mecha nerd, Kuroki collected all the figurines in her free time, able to name each and every participant in battle. She loved the shiny gear and flashy poses they struck, their sleek bodies that allowed them to move with streamlined ease. The different augmentations for each season were something she looked forward to, and it didn't take Long for the girl to get the idea in her mind that she wanted to be like them.

Though her parents were skeptical of the operation at first, worried that the surgery might put on too much of a strain on her already weak body, but after several long days of constant persuasion and begging they finally gave in. Kuroki was to get the operation on her tenth birthday, an even that undeniably changed her life for the better. Her limbs were replaced with pure cybernetics, which allowed her to jump further and hit harder than anyone else. Due to her formerly weak body, they replaced heart and internal body functions with mechanical ones that she could repair on her own should any problems occur. As Long as her mind is intact, the rest she can recycle and replace as much as she wishes. With that, her body was finally fit for fighting, giving her the freedom to exert herself as much as she wished to without feeling weak or out of breath like she did before.

Kuroki warmed up to her new body with exuberance, adapting to her unfamiliar new body at record speeds. It took barely a year for her to work the kinks out, enough to pick up delicate eggshells and handle them with ease. Her sense of balance and speed of her legs she learned to control with relative ease, but still loves to move at breakneck speeds anyway for the sheer convenience and thrill of it. Having been a fan of cyber kinetics and the culture herself, Kuroki knew exactly what to do to get the audience's attention on her. From her self designed 'special attacks' to her frequent poses and camera angles, she was soon portrayed as a rising star, the determined rookie that rose up the ranks with her talent.

For her, she still treats everything as if it were a game. Fighting monsters with her new robotic arms in a dystopian setting? How fun! Kuroki barely understands the reason why she's fighting other than to put up a show. She often dances around with her kill carelessly to prolong the fight for more excitement, purposely risking herself for more anticipation at the outcome. Despite that, there is no doubt that she could get serious if she wanted to. There is a reason why she was viewed as an elite fighter, and that was because of her speedy learning and creativity in using the new weaponry. Using the bazooka to launch herself up into the sky for better vantage points or learning how to walk in the sky by using her boosters at the right moments, her use of machinery never fails to astound.

At the end of the day, Kuroki is still a huge, die hard fan for new augmentations and weapons. Should you have a slightly different or unique design, Kuroki would gush over it, often asking with starry eyed wonder to touch it and for a demonstration.

Cyberware and Gear
Kuroki's most outstanding features will be her completely mechanical arms and legs. Made of the latest high tech technology, they can be detached and replaced with new models, as well as fixed easily even in the middle of battle.

A red hot blade is fitted snugly in each hand, used for close quarters where she could easily find the core of the monsters and destroy them, with a mechanical augmentation in her right eye so she can zoom in and focus on certain targets. Her legs are fitted with movement enhancements so that she could move at the speed of sound, as well as boosters that allow her to perform her famous 'air walking'.

Yet another thing she was famous for is her apparent disdain for Armour. Thinking that it will be too bulky and restrains movement, Kuroki only chooses to wear a thin breastplate. Though she has a bazooka inbuilt into her arm to fire missiles at a Long range, she prefers close range combat with her speed able to dodge most oncoming attacks.

Last edited:
I'm falling in love with my character as I'm writing him. I basically made a AI that is as innocent as a child, yet knows how to handle most weaponry as well as how augmentations work.

Marisa would get in on that. There are, of course, the typical gym facilities on any base. And if you're lucky, a pool or it's close enough to the ocean to hit the beach. ...There, uh, totally won't be either a "beach" or "hot springs" episode for shenanigans, regardless of locations.

Aya probably would know Sylphie, possibly by reputation rather than name. And she probably wouldn't recognize her now anyway. But having her as a mentor would be pretty cool. As would some moment of "Wait, I know that flying..."

(Is Twitter a thing?)
It is now. And on vlogging and such in general, there probably would be some drive toward censorship on the usual topics. Can't say where you're stationed, talk about upcoming ops, etc. Sure, the enemy shows no sign of communication or understanding our communications, but it's better to still assume loose lips sink ships. Other than that sort of common sense stuff, there's probably no problem with it.

• Useful
Reactions: ~\The Talentless/~

ce163f2b73156527553595c5e093e227.jpg

A.S.H.R.A.F:
Artificial Synthetic Humanoid Responsible for Accurate Fighting. (or ash for short)

Age: He is exactly 4 years of age, according to when his AI core was made. But he knows how to speak English and Russian to an advanced degree, minus the slang, something he is trying to get a better understanding of.

Nationality: Voskad

Personality: Ash is a very curious individual, some might say he can be overly curious, asking way too many questions and loves to explore, especially when it comes to nature, ash is just fascinated by birds. Ash is a rather friendly person, has never once seemed hostile (except for his enemies) though he doesn’t have a sense of what is socially right, and might end up saying the wrong things and could possibly offend others, or just cause embarrassment. He also has a love for composers and orchestral music.

Appearance: Ash resembles a slightly modified security bot, while still maintaining the humanoid figure. Some of his chassis is slightly scratched up and a few dents, mainly around the shins and the forearms. Standing at 6’1, Ash has combat boots made so he could wear (even though his feet stick out from them) As the boots made him feel more human.

History: As it’s been said before, Voskad has pushed their cybernetics and their technology way beyond their limit, as well as investing in projects that most would keep far away from. Some people can understand why people would do such things, as many of them were losing their land, their home. The Voskad were determined to fight back these beasts, by any means necessary, and reclaim their land. Some saw the only way to fight these beasts was by sheer determination, while others took a different path to this. And this was how Ash was created.

Within Voskad research facility, a project called A.S.H.R.A.F, it was kept hidden from most of the scientist and workers that worked in the facility. The project itself was to create an artificial intelligence that would be able to combat the new threat, something that would aid soldiers in the battlefield. Originally they had plans for artificial intelligence, but it never actually put into the works as many thought it would be far too dangerous to even bother creating A.I, and there was no knowing what it would do. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

At first they wanted to make sure that the A.I itself wouldn't go AWOL and become a threat, so while making the A.I core, they installed a failsafe that would keep the A.I from being able to leave the core itself, to keep it from gaining access to any military servers and the such. After which they installed the core into a security bot, for the meantime as they run tests before going into the development for a fully advanced body once the A.I was ready.

The First couple of days for the A.I was rough, it was like a newborn trying to walk. Getting adjusted to the physical form was very difficult for Ash, at least he knew how to talk, they programmed him with that much. He kept asking questions like "who am I?" and "what is my purpose in life" only to be replied with "Ash, you are destined for great things" but what kind of great things?

After the first two days, Ash had gotten down how to fully move, after that things became a breeze, mostly. They ran him through some obstacle courses, to see how well he got the hang of his body. After which they began to program him with Military tactics, as well as CQC techniques and ran him through a high stress course, to see if how much it would take to crack him, to find his limits. They put him up against several armed bots, while he only had a pistol and a knife. He was told to destroy the bots in under ten minutes, and once the timer started, they unleashed hell on him. The first time he hesitated to fire back, but eventually it became natural, almost all too natural. He finished the course in under 4 minutes, but in the end felt something was off, like he did something wrong, why did the bots have to be killed. He asked why and was told that they were the enemy, they wanted to hurt humans, and his job was to protect the humans. Was this his purpose?

Months pass, and Ash has been through hell and back, they had to replace repair his model several times as he was damaged from causing errors in some tests. Eventually he learned what to avoid, as sometimes curiosity would get the best of him. He was eventually allowed to learn the workings of his body, and the workings of the bots they put him up against from time to time. This allowed him to have an understanding of cybernetics, and with this knowledge the research team began to schedule the day when they would have Ash make the move from the body he had now, to the advanced body that had been in the works for a while, and then they would give him the knowledge on how to go up against the alien beasts.

Things changed though, as they always do, the research facility itself was under attack by the alien force he had been training to go up against. In a panic the facility had to evacuate, many of the soldiers stationed their had to hold back the force in time for the research team and many of the scientists who worked there to escape. Ash wished he could've stayed behind to help fight, but was forced on the evac ship along with the scientists. The ship took off and only made it so far before they were hit by and unknown force, the crash killing all but Ash, as his robust body kept him alive, he only suffered the loss of control in his left arm. He did what he could and scrounged the site for a weapon before leaving.

He wandered for what felt like forever, in a world he was not familiar with, and luckily found himself at a Voskad military base, many of the men and women there wanted to put down the A.I thinking it to be dangerous, But luckily the leader of this base decided to question this bot, and asked about its origin and where it came from. Ash explained what happened, and told the man that this facility had advance technology that they could possibly use, as well as being able to stop the advancement of the alien force. they didn't believe him at first, that was until Ash showed them the recorded feed he had of the incident.

The leader allowed the A.I to repair himself, and show them where this facility was so they could plan an operation to push back the alien force, as well as retrieve any technology and weaponry found at the site. The operation was a success in the end, they lost a few casualties but ended up retrieving weaponry that would help them in the fight against the beasts, as well as momentarily stopping the advancement of the force. during the fight, Ash showed his skill, and gained their trust. From then on he was put into the Voskad special forces and helped in many operations afterwards.

years afterwards he was assigned to an elite team full of people from around the world to fight back against the alien invasion, Did he now find his purpose?

Gear: Ash has done what he can with his body, he can easily go toe to toe with an augmented soldier, he has enhanced speed and strength much like the standard issue augmented soldiers. Communication gear allows him to switch to different frequencies to communicate with others, his eyes can switch easily between night vision and heat vision, as well as being able to zoom in and out. His eyes are also capable of scanning and analyzing enemies as well as anything he wishes, allowing him to make notes of what he sees, and to better understand what he is looking at.

in several locations in his body, is short burst thrusters, located on his feet, the backs and front of his legs, on his spine and back shoulders as well as some on his chest, forearms and the palms of his hands. Now these don’t allow for flight, but rather to improve on his mobility, such as getting out of the way more quickly, stabilizing his body to compensate for recoil on heavy weaponry, increasing the force behind say a punch or kick, an extra jump, or even to cushion his fall. He has found many uses for these thrusters.

The thrusters in the palms of his hands are slightly modified to pack more of punch, such as blasting an enemy with kinetic energy, he uses this either when he's out of ammo for his weapons, or combos this when in close quarter combat.

When in battle, Ash normally brings with him a standard issue rifle equipped with a meduim range scope, grip, and a adjustable stock. Pistol that has a laser sight and compensator. Several frag grenades and a combat knife.

Ash is also capable of collecting Intel, and storing information, think of him as a walking flash drive. Let's just hope he doesn't get a virus.

Ash's body can be modified, something he finds himself doing from time to time, especially after seeing other cybernetic soldiers with their own modifications. The one thing he wants to do though, is to be able to have a sense of feeling when he touches something. As some can see the texture of clothing, or the warmth of sunlight, to even physical pain. But to do that would mean a massive change from his body to a knew one. A project for later perhaps.

Ash is capable of sleeping, sounds odd for a robot of his nature, it's a way of being able to regain his energy when in the dormant state. He doesn't completely power down when sleeping, but rather ends up going through memories and can even have flashbacks, he likes to think of this as dreaming, something that allows him to relate to others. This also means he can get tired, especially after stressful situations, and if he pushes himself too much, he can end up passing out.

He does have a good understanding on how to use most weapons, but he likes to keep things simple with his weapons.

Skills: Ash knows how to handle himself in a firefight, and is a crafty individual, using the environment to his advantage as well as analyzing his foes before engaging.

He has training in CQC, as well how to calculate bullet drop and trajectory, making him a deadly marksman with small arms.

The bot also has a good understanding on how cybernetics work, and can sometimes be seen repairing his fellow teammates augmentations, and if need be he can repair himself out of combat, he can even make improvements.

Ash is capable of quick learning and is able to adapt to most situations. ( except for slang, he can't get a hang of that, as he is too literate.) such as learning the anatomy of a weapon, or how the human body functions. Give him a day to process the information, and he’ll understand it fully.

Last edited:
Been watching this one for a while but couldn't find a single picture, but finally got one!

image.jpeg
Name: Wade Soble

Nationality: Ofrian (Kinda lazy about creating my own country...)

Appearance: Wade stands at about 6'1 and has light brown hair. He actually isn't fully "augmented." The only major things are his robotic legs with are from his waist down. When in combat he wears a standard issued armor plating and helmet alongside an exoskeleton for his arms. When outside, he typically wears jeans with a simple t-shirt, revealing his arms which are covered with various scars and tattoos.

History:
Wade loved to live life to the extreme. As a child, he was constantly founding places he shouldn't be, taking risks, and generally doing things people told him not to do. People called him reckless, careless, foolish, and stupid while other called him courageous, bold, and adventurous, but Wade never cared about what others said, he just did things for the fun of it.

That is until "they" came. Wade was only 21, working as a guide for outdoor excursions when he witnessed nations fall on live television. He debated enlisting, but resisted because of the obvious discipline which he wanted to avoid. He wanted to do what he wanted, not what he was ordered to do. However when Ofrian lands began to succumb to the Mist, business began to slump. Apparently nobody had to time to pay for excursions in the middle of a war. So Wade finally enlisted.

At first, combat was terrifying, bullets whizzing, artillery exploding, and wounded crying for help. But after a while, it became exciting, a new adventure for Wade. It was exhilarating, something that couldn't compare to anything he had ever done. After a couple of years, regular combat was not as exciting that Wade volunteered to join the 115'th Sapper Platoon, a group of soldiers whose mission was a mix between behind enemy line infiltration and destruction and reconnaissance. He was given missions to destroy high valued targets and to scout out enemy embankments before assaults. However, his luck ran out and one of the artillery strikes that he had called in came a bit too close and blew his legs off.

Wade was rushed back to the hospital where he barely survived surgery. Because of the advancements in technology, he could have received new sleek robotic legs, but he simply couldn't afford it and the military did not see him as an asset to install equipment on him. Luckily, his friends and brothers in arms pulled a few strings and pitched some money to have some last gen robotics installed. Tough and rugged but not as fancy. Thus he was able to return to duty, no longer with the Sappers, as they ahd been disbanded.

Cyberware and Gear
The only real cybernetics Wade has are his legs. While not a new or fancy, they provide him a significant increase in speed, endurance, and jump height. Since the cybernetics were only applied to his waist down, he still has normal organs and blood unlike other cyborgs.

In combat, he is equipped with an exoskeleton that greatly increases his strength and load capacity. His helmet allows for him to see various distances and is equipped with a Heads Up Display (HUD) night vision and infrared capabilities.

Weaponry wise Wade uses the XMS 96 Automatic Shotgun capable of firing multiple types of rounds ie explosive slugs etc. He is uses different types of high explosives to get the job done. Other than that he uses whatever he can find.

[spoili]scifi_shotgun_wip2_by_ravital-d3hdf3w.jpg [/spoili]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! This is my first time joining a role play so if I do anything wrong or inappropriate I'm very sorry in advance. Mono does teach me a lot of things, but please be patient with me.

@Sir Pinkleton Kuroki will act like a typical fangirl with Masako, she's completely amazed that she could get to see her idol up close and even fight with her. Will probably ask her to sign her arm or take a selfie together, she's dense enough not to feel the competitive spirit Masako has.

Her attention will probably be extremely split, because she will squeal everytime Masako does a pose even in the middle of a fight.

Same goes for Maxim, Kuroki will be thrilled to see one of the veterans in action. Machinery is her favorite thing to obsess over, so she can and will ask to touch his muscles if he flexes. Yep.

@TuttyTheFruity
I really love Sylphie's concept personally, and as an extension so will Kuroki. She loves all things technological and especially when it comes to secret tech she would risk everything to get a look at it in action, how it moves and functions. Will take every opportunity to shake her hand and ask her constantly how her gear works, she never gets tired of watching her move.

I'll probably add on more tomorrow, do hmu if you all have any relationship prospects in mind! I'd love to talk about our characters, especially since everyone's creations are so unique!

@Soli
You've got nothing to worry about, I'm sure you'll be fine! I love Kuroki's concept. She and Maxim will get along great! Masako might take a little convincing, but I think she'll come around if you get through her "I'm #1, no one else allowed" exterior.

@Sir Pinkleton What do you think about Lucy? Should they have met before the events of the RP or should they just start off through reputation?

@Sir Pinkleton I'm starting to feel like Maxim is gonna be the dad of the group, spreading his wisdom and such even when it's not wanted lol

Reactions: Kit-n-Kat
@Sir Pinkleton What do you think about Lucy? Should they have met before the events of the RP or should they just start off through reputation?
Well, Maxim would never have heard of Lucy. Not because he doesn't care, but literally because he's never heard of this. He isn't exactly "hip". He's the guy who opens up Internet Explorer when he wants to check his outdated social network to see pictures of his relatives on vacation. He's sittin' over there still using Ask Jeeves. Pushing keys one at a time with his finger.
But he'd get along really well with Lucy after getting to know her. And try to get in on that "hip" and "far out, off the hook shizzle" you kids are into. Just to try and not feel old.

Masako on the other hand, being the catty bitch that she is, has probably heard of her but will pretend she hasn't for that extra punch to the self-esteem. With time and patience, she'll get along too.
N-Not that she's starting to think you're okay o-or anything! You're still a loser!
L-Loser!

@Sir Pinkleton I'm starting to feel like Maxim is gonna be the dad of the group, spreading his wisdom and such even when it's not wanted lol
Yup, that's pretty much the plan. But you guys are just his surrogate kids while he's on the base, he has two kids and four grandkids back home. They cling to his legs and hold onto them so they can ride them while he walks around the room.

• Love
Reactions: ~\The Talentless/~
Ok, so first off, an announcement. It's a big enough group at the moment (not that I've taken a careful count) that I'll be closing things off for new people showing up. If you've expressed interest and are still working on a character, I won't say this means you're out, but it does mean you should get your character finished and/or posted ASAP.

@~\The Talentless/~
Ash seems alright. He could go some pretty interesting directions if played up right. I have some misgivings on his origins, though. An AI would be a big enough deal that it should probably come out of a megacorp or government project. That it's instead developed by a lone person as a personal hobby, seems a bit...odd. As does the string of coincidences required to get a body for the character, due to no support or funding.

@Ramboing
Wade's not much of a cyborg...so he might have some difficulty keeping up with them, mostly in the durability department (though the power armor helps). I'm also going to say "no" to a personal-issue AI buddy. Artificial intelligence is something of a rare thing, so they wouldn't be so common as to come standard issue with powered suits.

Ok, so first off, an announcement. It's a big enough group at the moment (not that I've taken a careful count) that I'll be closing things off for new people showing up. If you've expressed interest and are still working on a character, I won't say this means you're out, but it does mean you should get your character finished and/or posted ASAP.

@~\The Talentless/~
Ash seems alright. He could go some pretty interesting directions if played up right. I have some misgivings on his origins, though. An AI would be a big enough deal that it should probably come out of a megacorp or government project. That it's instead developed by a lone person as a personal hobby, seems a bit...odd. As does the string of coincidences required to get a body for the character, due to no support or funding.

@Ramboing
Wade's not much of a cyborg...so he might have some difficulty keeping up with them, mostly in the durability department (though the power armor helps). I'm also going to say "no" to a personal-issue AI buddy. Artificial intelligence is something of a rare thing, so they wouldn't be so common as to come standard issue with powered suits.
I mean I felt it was appropriate for someone else to create him rather than a huge corporation, because I feel it leaves more room for development for Ash as a whole. Say if he was creating in a lab with tons of funding, then his chassis would be much more advance in technology and weaponry than the ragtag bot, and he probably wouldn't have the innocent mindset nor the urge to learn about everything in sight, as well as the need to improve on his body to keep up with the team. At least that's how I felt it should be, but if need be i can go back and change it up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.