Distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh I won't I'll stop in a little more often now" Xavier asked smiling at the boy. He wanted to just tell the boy to hop in the car and they would just head to his house, he and Justice were about the same size so clothes would be no big deal and they could pick up a movie on the way, but he knew that the boy had to work.

img-thing

Ben Green

"Benji, and yes it is a pleasure to meet you, thank you for paying for this." Ben said in a quirky voice as he held up his coffee a little.
"So spontaneous?" His voice getting a bit nervous was he already going to ask this stranger if he had a marking or not..No he couldn't Ben was above that..
"What do you mean by that?" He didn't really want to show his lack of education..
being out of school since he was 14 he wasn't the brightest. If being not as intelligent as this guy sounded wasn't embarrassing enough Ben didn't even have a job nor a home. He was a rejected for being markless, slowly Ben held his arm where his mark should have been. I mean Ben was an exceptional dancer but nothing to be Hollywood famous or make tons of money, maybe to do some street performances but that was all. Looking over his life Ben realized he really wasn't the most polished person.
Shaking his head to clear his thoughts he took a sip of his iced coffee. Looking into Glenn's eyes, not to seem weird but he remembered when talking to someone his Mom always said look in their eyes, it shows respect.​

"Okay cool, i'll be working for two more hours, it's not that far away so i'll bike there" Another man came into line. "Hey can i get a double cream" Justice smiled and nodded. "Yes sir" He walked to the coffee machine and pored the coffee inside the cup and put two creams inside then stirred the cream and put on the lid. " 2.97 please"

"I can come and pick you up if you want it's no big deal" Xavier said. He wanted to do everything he could to make his new friend like him. A friend.....he's not quite a friend....,but he's the closest I've got. Xavier was so excited he couldn't stop smiling, he wanted to just tell Justice to get in the car but he know he couldn't do that....he would just have to wait.

"Okay thanks, i'll just leave my bike in the back so no one can take it" He smiled then heard a voice calling his name which meant his mother had called. "Alright man ill see you after" He went to the back were he saw his mother in her office. He slowly opened the door. "Hey mom whats up?" He said sliding his left hand in his pocket. "Hey hun you've been working hard this week, you can have the rest of the day off, here's your paycheck." She handed him an envelope with his money in it. "Thanks mom, mind if you put my bike in the back and can i go to a friends house tonight?" She then stopped her paper work and looked at him. "You made a friend today, great! yeah i'll do that have fun darling" Justice smiled and hugged her. He then waved goodbye and went back to Xavier. "You ready to go?"

Last edited:
"Yeah sure!" Xavier said to Justice remembering the boy who had paid for his meal he wrote his number on a napkin and gave it to the boy "thanks for the meal, call me sometime and I'll repay you." Xavier didn't really leave time for the boy to respond as he was so excited. He lead the boy out to the yellow with a black stripe down the middle camaro. "Hop in." After last night of his parents calling and telling him the truth about his mark-that it was a fake-he could really use a friend.

"Cool will do" Justice followed the boy out of the store grabbing his back pack and then going outside the cafe. He watched as Xavier got into the camero then followed and went to the passenger and got in. He put his bag on his lap and put on his seatbelt. "So what movie do you wanna go see?" He looked at Xavier.

GLENN MICHAEL GRESSEN
The boy, Benji, touched his arm, right where his mark was. There was a certain twang in Glenn's heart, as though a hope had just been crushed. And perhaps it had; maybe he thought that this stranger would be markless, like he was, and maybe be the one to prove society wrong.

He took a long drink of his coffee to chase the thoughts from his mind. "Well, she thinks I need to act in more of a spur of the moment way." Glenn shrugged. "So I decided to take her advice... Why not take a seat?" he asked, looking back up at Benji, who was now looking him in the eyes. It was sort of unsettling to him- Glenn wasn't used to people looking him in the eye, or looking others in the eye.

As he started the car and pulled away from the cafe Xavier replied "Your pick, we can either go see one or rent one and watch it at my place. Part of me wants him to come to my house but what if he is all "he's just a rich snob" what if he sees I have no mark....."so what do you think about "lessers" do you think they are really lesser?"

Cynthia

Cynthia slowly exited the gateway leading to her new life here. She looked out the window as the plane flew away, ensuring her start. She dragged herself out of the airport, stopping slowly at the city bus. She took the one that was labeled 'All Apartment Complexes'. As she forced her luggage into he overhead, she started to relax.

Brayden

Brayden finally saw LA come into sight. His mom was driving him, as she said, 'Plane is too expensive!' When he asked. As the rickety and rusty van came into city limits, Brayden's heart lifted. When his mother dropped him off at his uncle's two bedroom cottage, his face saw a slight tear make way. He dragged himself to his uncle, of which was returned by a hearty hug. When Brayden entered, he started to pack his stuff immediately.

Benji

Realizing looking him in the eye seemed to make him feel awkward, Ben stopped, taking a seat and placing his Iced Coffee on the table, stirring it once more.
"Thanks, so what do you do, like as a job?" Ben said
realizing the question would probably come back to him he freaked a bit, if you say you are a street performer he'd think you're crazy. Wait, you're in school duh you're still young enough to be in school. Forgetting his lack of education which would show that he obviously wasn't in school but that wouldn't show till later. Taking a bite of his bagel and chewing with his mouth closed despite not being able to breathe through his nose. He tried to be as polite as possible looking outside towards the crashing waves and the families playing..

"Well it doesn't matter, you can choose" The boy sat back on the passenger seat and put his arms behind his head. He then shifted his head toward the window when the boy asked if the Lesser's are even lesser. "No i actually hate it when that happen's, i don't think people should think less just because they don't have one of those tattoos" He kept looking out the window then looked back at Xavier. "How about you, do you think people should think any different as they do now about a 'lesser' "

Reactions: andrew21234
"Well I have a ton of movies at home.....some of which are still in theaters....my parents know people" Xavier said not looking at Justice. Now he's really going to think I'm a rich snob, he thought to himself. "Well even though my parents boy have a mark they always told me that the lessers aren't "lesser" they just have it a little harder trying to find their soulmate." Xavier said making sure to leave the question of wether or not he had a mark inanswered.

Sean McCarthy

Skating down the boardwalk, the wind hit Seans brownish fluffy hair and made it fly around randomly, almost pushing his rayban sunglasses off his face. The wind made Sean clutch onto his lime green beanie for dear life as he skated down the boardwalk to the cheap cafe. Arriving he walked in holding his skateboard by the wheels, ordering a coffee 1 sugar and 1 creamer then and finding a seat, before he noticed a girl with pastel hair. Getting up he sat down at her table as she took a picture
"Why hello there" Sean said removing his sunglasses "I'm Sean and you are?"
He was a player alright but for some reason this girl attracted him..a lot.

GLENN MICHAEL GRESSEN
A job? Did he really look that old? "I'm in college," Glenn said, but then admitted, "but I work as a server at a cafe, on campus, too." The boy looked about his age- but perhaps a little younger? He was probably in school, still. "What about you?" he asked. General enough that he wouldn't offend Benji but guessing wrong if he was in high school or college, and relevant enough to keep the conversation going.

Laying on your bed, too tired to get up after 12 o'clock was a bit sad. The ravenette continued to stare up at her ceiling, she was hungover. Maybe going out wasn't such a good idea. After finally deciding she'd been acting pathetic enough, Jordon sat up. Her small bed creaked at the sudden movement. Walking into a café thingy, Jordon had immediately spotted Glenn Gressen, her 18 year old little brother... well.. not biologically.. not legally... Jordon ordered an orange juice and walked over to the table
Jordon was a bit surprised to see Glenn already had company. The ravenette plopped bext to her friend and opened her orange juice, "So, what are we talking about?"

Reactions: Dramma
Cynthia, red
When the bus arrived at Black Orchids Apartment Complex, Cynthia carefully pulled her luggage from the overhead, and dragged herself inside. She walked over three rooms, and found her door, apartment 28. She carefully unlocked the oak wood door, a creepy chill coming over her body as she did. She unpacked her things, and went out on the town. Finding a nice cafe, she sat down, and fiddled with her phone, wondering whether to text her friend back home or play Angry Birds. She noticed when a young boy walked in, and she recognized him. "Brayden?" she asked, scooching out of her chair to go talk to the boy. "Is that you?" she happily asked, staring at his familiar young face.

Brayden, yellow
After unpacking his things, Brayden decided to go to the nearest cafe. When he entered, his face was sullen, and his body showed it, too. His back was slightly hunched, and his head down, always checking his phone. When he looked up to see the girl he met in 3rd grade, he smiled widely. "It's me, Brayden!" he exclaimed, hugging her. They went outside the cafe, and sat down at a bench. "How long has it been?" he asked, wondering how many years it had been since he'd seen her. "Five years, I think." Cynthia replied, her face completely red. "Cynthia, I must tell you something I waited to tell you before. I regret ever waiting and I always will." he suddenly spoke, his face going red as he looked at the ground. "I have a crush on you.".

SUSPENSE! I also will now say that if you ever want a shot at Cynthia or Brayden, now would be the time to jump in.

Ben Green

"Cool, uh I graduated High School, I just I'm taking a break before college" Ben said laughing at the end.
He just lied to this person and he felt horrible, while trying to recooperate his thoughts a girl sat down at the table.
"So, what are we talking about?" She said as she had an orange juice by her side.
"Oh um nothing much" Ben said as he looked down and grabbed the back of his neck nervous now, pretty sure this girl saw him dancing for street preforming before..not wanting her to notice him he got very fidgety and nervous.​

Didn't they meet before? This boy looked so familiar... Or maybe she was just seeing things. It was bothering her either way. Her throbbing head wasnt much help either. She continued to stare at him through her dark sunglasses, the sunglasses she wore when she was hungover. The ravenette ran a hand threw her messy hair. "I dont mean to be creepy or anything but have we met before?" Jordon sat up from her slouched position, bringing her orange juice to her lips.

Last edited by a moderator:
GLENN MICHAEL GRESSEN
"So, what are we talking about?" Glenn's conversation with Benji was interrupted by a girl who came and sat next to him.

Glenn gave the girl a sideways grin. It looked a little unusual on his face, as though his muscles were unused to that formation. "Well, you, just a second ago," he replied, as Benji spoke. The young boy seemed nervous after telling Glenn that he was taking a break between high school and college- or maybe it was something about Jordan, what with her sunglasses, that put him off.

"I don't mean to be creepy but have we met before?" Jordan then asked of Benji, and slouching. Glenn blinked and gave his new acquaintance a look, and scrunched his eyes trying to see if the boy was familiar. But he wasn't, so Glenn just shrugged and sipped his coffee again. He would ask after his friend after Benji answered her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.