Dissidents: Winds of Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have no idea how reassuring that is to hear. Thanks man! I have to admit, when you first introduced Alyssa to Mavericks she rubbed me the wrong way. But now I think she's an awesome contribution to the RP, she really emphasizes different sides of Maki. Also the brief look into Maki's childhood to me felt like 'Criminal Minds' level horror, like I felt the emotion and the tragedy behind it in that little blurb, you can see the emotional scars that Maki's (I'm assuming Step-Father) left on him.

No problemo. Your characterization is becoming a lot better in general!

Haha yeah, I was trying to get a voice down for Alyssa and my tactic is to always go with exuberance and then scale down. Plus, it was also a shot at Hillan to show how a country person really behaves. It's not just the cliched "y'all" he was always pulling out. I was hoping to mold her in to a fierce attorney, and that could definitely come in handy later on, but I had to give her legitimate qualities that would make her good at it. It's funny because she's actually based on a real life mini celebrity, I just tweaked her a bit, lol.

Thank you though! I've been trying to play around with scenic elements and get better at setting them up. It was something I was struggling with in my writing classes (not trusting the reader fully and spelling things out), so I'm really working on that now. It's good to know it's being well-received and all.

Oh I loved it.

And I thought Alyssa sounded 'Country-ish', you definitely have it down showing she's educated and from the country which is awesome considering I've grown up in the country almost my whole life, (I had 52 acres of bush behind my one house for ten years before we moved to a 17 acre strawberry farm lol).

So we had three different "country" folks in that RP and we let HILLAN take the reins of a country character? God, what the hell were we thinking?

Well when you put it like that it seems like a huge mistake lol.

Alright so I meant to have time to draft up a post before I left, but I ran out of time. I'll be gone for two days, but I'll try and get a post up as soon as I get back!

Also, I hope you don't mind if I used you to be a point of reference for inquiring minds about the RP. You've already been kinda helping out lol

No worries! I can do that for you, and whenever you have time to post is fine by me.

Just found out I have to go back to school for sure if I want to advance in my career and become certified so I'm upset/excited all at the same time lol. I can't explain it haha.

I'm baaaack, though I have to go to work lol. But, it's only a four hour shift.

I'd be pretty excited, but then again, I love my college life right now. If I could, I'd just be a perpetual student.

Haha I'm excited to actually do school right unlike the last time I went. At least try to do it right and I figure with my age, I'm hopefully more disciplined so my studies should be much better.

Pfft, "more disciplined", all you need is one person to hand you a shot with a little extra and you'll be living the typical college life!

....I'm just kidding, don't take any mysterious drinks from people at college parties. It does NOT end well.

Pssh I don't even enjoy alcohol.

Yes it's true, pick your jaw up :P

I will hopefully get a post up tonight, if not then tomorrow for sure!

I will hopefully get a post up tonight, if not then tomorrow for sure!

Okay!

*12 Hours Later*

1352761070003.jpg

I'm working on it right now!!!!!!

It's because of the irony isn't it? It is you fiend!

Lucille-Bluth-Arrested-Development.gif

(I'm sorry, I HAD to do it. It fit so perfectly and it's Lucille Bluth!

This is your reference.

This is my head.
~Whoosh!~

I actually thought of that myself. I know, I'm impressed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.