1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Superhero[OC, DC maybe Marvel], Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Open to Steam Punk or Cyber Punk
358v57b.png

| IC | OOC |

"Promise yourself to live your life as a revolution and not just a process of evolution."
-Anthony J. D'Angelo
[bg=#404040]| BACKGROUND: |[/bg]

Humanity is constantly changing. Our way of life is forever adapting and evolving to everything around us, shaping to keep up with an ever revolving world. Society changes and along with it so does our culture. Technology is constantly barreling forward as new devices are being designed every hour of the day. But humanity itself is also changing, in ways mostly unseen to the naked but under a microscope there's a very different story.
After millenniums of Earth being routinely doused in what is known as coronal mass ejections, the side effects are starting to show. The coronal mass ejections or CMEs, are a massive burst of solar wind and magnetic fields being released into space and often directly at Earth. Most often these CMEs also accompany solar flares which release addition energy from the sun into space only for it to collide with Earth. Carried within these events are high energy particles and it is these particles which have began to cause humanity to change and develop new and sometimes unfathomable abilities. Composed primarily of high-energy protons and atomic nuclei, they are of mysterious origin and the limits to their potential remain unknown.
[bg=#404040]| PLAYERS: |[/bg]

Lord Wraith as...

Caleb Fitzroy aka IllAdvised
Joseph Peaks aka Foreshadow
Samantha Russells aka Cypher
Stein as...
Makarios Lillis aka Feral
Arianna Arye aka Hecate
[bg=#404040]| PLOT: |[/bg]

ARC 1: Winds of Change

High school can be hard, especially when there's more changes happening to your body than just puberty. Around the world, every one in five thousand people are suddenly experiencing supernatural changes to their physical make up. Whether it's manifesting superhuman strength or the ability to shoot concussive beams out of their eyes, a new stage of humanity is taking its first steps in a new origin. In Chicago, Illinois, an unnamed serial killer is terrorizing the city as police remain clueless to his motivations and identity. Among his victims is decorated police detective Rebecca Fitzroy, daughter of the retired former Commissioner Darius Faulkner.

Unbeknownst to both the killer and the police however, a new brand of justice is about to debut in Chicago as a group of senior high school students will discover abilities within themselves and choose to use these abilities for the greater good of their city. But how will the world react when 'Superhumans' walk among them, and how will the police react to masked individuals taking the law into their own hands?

Only time will tell as a brave new world unfolds before society.

[bg=#404040]| RESOURCES: |[/bg]

Last edited:
It just hit me that we're restarting a Cal and Maki story...again.

Alright people, let's take it from the top! Take 7....annnd.... ACTION!

Yeah but it should be quite different this time. I'm going to try and give Cal a more rougish personality in an effort to round out the team.

Oh Cal still will, but he's just going to be more interesting I hope haha

The antihero leading the team...hmmm....you'd have a lot on your hands to avoid making him cliche.

I don't want him to be an antihero persay, just having a rougish charm to him. More like Robin Hood I guess.

Oooh, I get what you're saying.

Oh! Maki could be the straight edge one!

Yep! Also I altered Joseph a bit in that I took away his limp but made him blind. I also gave him Clairvoyance including the ability to see through the eyes of other living things, primarily his seeing eye dog. I thought it would make him a more interesting character this way.

Oh my gosh, bud. That's definitely going to be interesting to see played out.

I feel as though seeing through Feral's eyes would be nice for Joseph since Makarios is the most likely to be able to mimic the sensation that his gymnastic performances would have given him

This is true. But this is also Makarios we're talking about. He treasures the solitude of his mind more than anything else. That's going to be an interesting conversation!

I don't think his mind would be voilated, Joseph would just be able to see what Makarios sees. Though I mean, depending on where Makarios was that could change things haha.

...Ah geez, it's got creeper potential lol.

Anyways back to working on the IC, hoping to have it up by tonight.

IC is up! I'm going to do Cal and Sam tomorrow, but I wanted to at least have the thread open so if you had the time available you could get a post up.

Okay so, I'm done with like two of my finals, so things are clearing up on my end!

Alright no worries, I know how busy you are! I also know you won't let the IC sit for two weeks unlike some people we know haha.

Sounds good. I welcome any feedback you have, still finding a voice for each character.

I'm starting to realize that I can't go from writing and revising for my class to RP stuff, because I read to much like an editor when I do that. Lol, I can't actually enjoy the work because I'm too busy critiquing it.

I tried reading a couple posts on Mavericks and my JL RP and had to shut my laptop because I was getting so nitpicky. It's a little bad lol. But, I guess that's what happens when you've been revising for 18 hours straight

Status
Not open for further replies.