• Sher Kahn (The Jungle Book)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kaa (The Jungle Book)

• Gaston (Beauty and the Beast)

• Ursula (The Little Mermaid)

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Morgana (The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea)

• Scar (The Lion King)

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Zira (The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride)

• Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Ratcliffe (Pocahontas)

• Shan Yu (Mulan)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sabor (Tarzan)

• Clayton (Tarzan)

• Doctor Facilier (The Princess and the Frog)

• Hans (Frozen)

• Prince John (Robin Hood)

• Claude Frolo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Commander Rourke (Atlantis)

• Captain Hook (Peter Pan)

• Lady Tremaine (Cinderella)

• Commander Gantuk (Lilo and Stitch)

• Yzma (The Emporer's New Groove)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The Poacher (Rescuers Down Under)

• Sykes (Oliver and Company)

• Hades (Hercules)

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • The Red Queen (Alice in Wonderland)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minibit

Returned from the Void
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
@Thundor wish granted!

I included major and minor villains, but I did not include henchmen for this poll; I can do a henchmen poll next time if you want.

If I missed someone, let me know in the comments!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I will offer my two bits, which is that Frollo got the best song. Tony Jay had a hell of a voice.

Claude Frolo,...but Maleficent is a close second...But Claude Frolo....because he actually set France on fire in and meets his demise by falling into a metaphorical hell that he set ablaze.

hands down the best death in all of Disney...

Biblical epicness at its cartoonish best >.>

Use this for reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Disney_Animated_Classics

Och, can't really decide....
Frolo's one of the villains who really scared the poop out of me. Now, the movie ain't really as good as the horror of the original story, but damn, did they stuff a lot of dark beans into him! Cruella de Vil also scared me a lot, though when I first watched 101 Dalmatians I was too fixated on the puppies to really be scared of her.

But boy, that redheaded woman from The Rescuers (what's her name again? I keep forgetting), now she REALLY scared me. Frolo lived in the Middle Ages, and his struggles between the flesh and his creed I can actually relate to in a fairly sympathetic way; Cruella, meanwhile, only really hates on dogs. But that woman, Madame Medusa's the name, she's pretty damned scary; I mean, gods, she exploited child labor, and in a time period that I could really directly relate to! For a kid who was rather self-conscious with those sorts of things, she was the worst....

Hey, still not my favorite, though. She might've been the worst, but she wasn't really cool being the worst. Now, Ratigan from The Great Mouse Detective, that guy, he's the, err, mechanical bomb! Or maybe the rat....I mean, a real, non-magical supervillain in a Disney film? And one modeled after Sherlock Holmes's Moriarty? WHO CAN SING?

But no. My favorite would have to be Scar. Now that I think about it, killing a boy's dad is probably worse than abducting a little girl - and killing him in front of the boy's eyes! Boy, that guy's real, real evil. But hey - the lion's got quite a voice! - and, extending the context a wee bit, The Lion King is really my favorite Disney film of all time; it was, and is, for me, the Star Wars of animated films (and, in essence, its theme does follow the same, mythological thread). So, there you have it, my vote.

A little note: Gaston, I really enjoy as a villain, if only because he reminds me so much of all the unreasonable hatred in society, so that in the end, seeing him Disney-die, and seeing Belle get her happy-ever-after, feels much more, er, cathartic, I guess, than it should be. I don't really like him, however, so I can't be bothered to vote for him.

Further note: I disagree with the Red Queen being in that poll, if only because she was too loony to be an actual villain. That is, she's not really villainous per se, just, er, crazy-as-balls (and besides, of all the villains in the Disney pantheon, she's probably the least real, especially because, as established in the film, she isn't really real at all - although aside from that, she doesn't really have any motivation in the story, whether natural urge or otherwise, to be a "villain"; she hindered the protagonist, yes, but in the utter nonsense of her character she proved to be more like an accident than an actual antagonist). And if Clayton and the Poacher from The Rescuers Down Under are there, I demand to see Man in that list too! The hunters in Bambi were probably the best (in terms of narrative) part of the film!

Good gosh, Disney. DISNEY. You've made so many cool villains over the years, I love you for that. Okay, so, I chose Maleficent. It was a three-way battle between my favorites: Maleficent, Judge Claude Frollo and Dr. Facilier. All of them are awesome in their own rights, but Maleficent always is my favorite. The voice, the appearance, the word hell and becoming a dragon. She has it all, and I love her for it. So her motivation is lacking, who cares, she's the mistress of all evil. I loved her in Kingdom Hearts 1, because she was just being who she was, a cunning woman who gives no care about what she does or how she does it. Judge Claude Frollo thinks he's an agent of God, uses it as an excuse, lusts over a woman, and Tony Jay does a perfect job in this role. I love this guy because of how much Disney was able to get away with him. Dr. Facilier was amazing, the voice of Goliath, being cool and calm when in action, and he has one of the most satisfying endings of all the villains. I will give kudos to David Xanathos from the first two seasons of Gargoyles, but that's a TV show, so yeah. (Also, voiced by Star Trek, FYI.)

I'll spare you all my thoughts on others since this list is longer and leave you with my top three. I hope to see more Disney polls in the future, thanks for this.

Reactions: Ochalla
>.> I love them all Once more top favs: The Red Queen, Hades, Captain Hook, Maleficent, Scar, Jafar, Kaa, Sher Kahn

Ursula. Because The Little Mermaid is one of the very disney movies I have actually seen.

You're missing Professor Padraic Ratigan, from "The Great Mouse Detective".

The way him and Basil played off each other was hilarious, obsessed with and always trying to outdo each other. Vain, sophisticated, wickedly smart (if his elaborate death device was of his own design), and just a little bit silly, he's actually pretty terrifying when pushed too far.

"Why do we even have that lever?"
/angry old Yzma face accompanied by brief crocodile/alligator.

tumblr_m8ar2aHjVc1r5jtugo1_500.gif

Malificent. O__O Because she was gangsta as fuck. "Hey. I'mma keep you in prison for a hundred years and THEN let you out to go kiss your princess when you're a wrinkled old man."

AND FROLLO, since I couldn't vote for more than one. ;__; Frollo was a scary sonofabitch.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I love how Frollo and Maleficent are owning this poll.

I voted Frollo. Because good god.

Status
Not open for further replies.