• Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Elsa (Frozen)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anna (Frozen)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rapunzel (Tangled)

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Snow White (Snow White and the Seven Dwarves)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Pocahontas (Pocahontas)

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minibit

Returned from the Void
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
Mulan is discluded because she was not born, nor did she marry into, royalty. I hesitated on Pocahontas until I remembered that Disney decided she was an "Indian Princess".

Even though there is not and never has been such a thing as a Native Monarchy and therefore the concept of an "Indian Princess" is absurd. But I guess it made for a quickly relatable way for kids to understand that Pocahontas was in a privileged position of power and that her getting married was a big deal. But still. You'd think "Chief's Daughter" would have sufficed.

Reactions: Thundor
Megara from Hercules, though not a princess by definition, is my favorite "Disney Princess". She had no illusions on what things out to be, be it god, man, or love itself, broken by her last boyfriend she sold her soul to Hades for. My favorite Disney song, "I Won't Say I'm In Love", is her final stand against the man whose virtue eventually won her over from the allure of darkness.

Wait, I thought Meg was a princess in the Greek myth . . .

Anyway, I'm going with Rapunzel.
Rather than sitting around and waiting to be rescued she rescued herself and discovered new things in the process.

I wish Jane was up there. I'm fond of Jane as well :)

Reactions: PureKor
This was a toughie for me, because it was between Tiana and Belle. And while I respect Belle as a character and think she's the shining example to go to, she practically had a good life and everything handed to her up until the story, and she wants -more- than that?! Tiana, did not. Tiana had to work her way through life, and I see that as being a good example for kids to follow. Even then, the thing that won Tiana for me is that, some Disney princesses fell into temptation, where as Tiana faced the same thing and said 'know what, no!', and I was sold at that point.

Also, here's why I didn't choose most of the others. Snow White's got no character, but she's also very kind and willing to help others. I don't remember much of Cinderella from my childhood, but I know like Tiana, she had to work her way through life, but Cinderella always found a way to be happy. But that's about all I remember about her character. Ariel had some problems and later learned her lesson, but it was only for like, what, a few seconds in just one tiny part? Yeah that's not enough to redeem her character, and her motivation seems... Pretty selfish to me. But at the same time, I guess if you were a mermaid with the hots for a human, you'd be doing the same.

I don't remember Aurora, she did -nothing- to stand out as a character, she did -nothing- interesting but sleep through most of the last part of the movie! Jasmine's nice and all, but I think they sort of downplayed what's implied, and of course, she falls into the typical Disney Princess cliche. Pocahontas... Oh -god- did they screw up the movie and they made me -hate- this character so much. Enough said. I like Rapunzel and all, I think she has good reasons for why she wants out, but well... I can't put her on Belle's level, not to say I don't think she does things, it's just she's mostly interested in finding out about things, getting excited and all that other stuff. Not really enough qualities to put her on the level Belle pretty much set up that put her so high above the others.

(Now to wait for a Disney Villain poll. Mwa-hahahahaha!)

YOU MAKE IT SO HEARD TO CHOOSE!!!!! I LOVE FROZEN ELSA AND I LOVE BELL AND I LOVE AURORA AND I LOVE SNOW WHITE OMG I LOVE THEM ALL YOU ARE EVIL *Hisss*

I think my favorite is Tiana. O_O She had a dream and she busted her ass for it. She never lost sight of her goals, but she also learned that it's not good to be obsessed with them and thus neglect having some fun in your life too.

When I was little, Belle was my favorite, but as I got older I realized she was a dumbass for someone who was supposed to be so intelligent. D:< I'm mean, seriously. You know you live in a town of assholes and idiots, but then you go and show them a magical mirror with a monster on it when they're in the middle of an angry mob? THAT WAS DUMB BELLE. YOU'VE READ ENOUGH BOOKS TO KNOW BETTER!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Voted Rapunzel. She's like what happens when you combine Genki Girl + Manic Dream Pixie Girl + a bag of refined sugar and spin it the whole thing around a few times. Also, utility hair and healing powers.

Elsa was a REEEEEAL close second.

Because she's a freakin' X-Man.

tumblr_lorsw3KAty1qcwsd8o1_500.gif

Kuzco is my favourite Disney Princess.

I had voted for Rapunzel, but having watched Pocahontas 2, I have to say she's pretty cool, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.