Dislocation: Yin-Yan's Attachment

"Get off of me!"she yelled but for some reason, there was a laugh added into that. She was having fun and was getting treated like a 6 year old all at the same time! Desmond was way stronger than she was by a long shot but wasn't using half of his strength when he held her up in the air. He was being quite...gentle with her, and that set a spree of thoughts off in her head. Such as, why was he being gentle? Didn't he want to burn her alive and be the most powerful now that he broke Dislocation apart? Wasn't he supposed to be leaving from her village? At the time, she didn't care nor bother to think any farther on the thoughts. He was doing something she did not know he was capable of: having gun. At least, that's what she thought, and Aqua was a go with the flow type of girl.

"Desmond, I will kill you!"she shouted again, thrashing wildly in between her giggling and the hard rubs against her skull. If anyone would have caught the two of them behaving like they were, Aqua would have drowned them. No one would be aloud to watch the scene and live to tell the tale to anyone. No. It was a secret, special, and awkward moment between those two and she aimed it to stay that way. No matter how strange it felt. Aqua kicked his shin for the fourth time until she was released long enough to scramble away from him, taking great care to yank a strand of his red hair from his scalp.

"Keep messing with me. You'll go bald, I promise."she joked, throwing the hair on the ground and doing something she had not done in years: She put her fingers beside her eyes like she was teasing him, while sticking her tongue out, the most childish of gestures.

3p.jpg

However, Aqua could not help but burst out into a spree of laughter once the weird face had fallen, leaning over a tree on her back and clutching her stomach.

"Don't count on it!" he replied to her plee of getting off her. He found it funny how she was swinging her arms out to the side, almost like she was helpless. He didn't know this technique of attack was so effective. Had Desmond known, he would have done this more often. Dislocation wasn't broken, and their battles have not swarmed them, but that didn't get in their way. He started grinding a bit harder into her head with a smirk on his face. Desmond had never acted this way before, being childish was not in his nature. But something in Aqua encouraged his spirit to make a change and play along.

"How can you kill me when you can't even fight back, huh?" he teased with a smile.

Seconds after that, Aqua reached for his head and yank out small locks of hair from his head. He let go of her head and grabbed his own, stomping his foot to his right in pain. It didn't really hurt that much, but it was enough as pain would be.

"What the Hell did you do that for?" he shouted with widened eyes, and a sharp scowl.

She made a crack about him going bald, then started laughing at him. He had no idea why she was breaking out into laughter, but he soon joined along. He leaned back against a tree and laughed as well.

The two of them were either insane or insane. Kraytin's toxic smoke must have gotten into both of them for they were actually laughing. Not laughing at one another but with one another. Aqua had to wrap both of her hands tightly around her stomach as if she had to hold it together or her entire abdomen would have exploded. Desmond's laughter seemed to worsen her own, making her laugh harder. It was slowly starting to hurt just because it was something she was not used to doing. It was something she hadn't done in years, since she was a little girl. When someone would fall in a funny manor, she would burst into a laughing fit, blue hair tickling her little cheeks while she clutched her stomach the same way. It had been a very long time since she endured a spell like that.

"Oh!! Oh...Ohhhh..."she exclaimed, trying her best to gain back the breath that had been lost when she was laughing. The sky was getting darker and darker, making the crystal in her hair very noticeably bright. If her eyes were open they might have shared the same glimmer but she was laughing to hard for him to see. The calls of the night were soon upon them, insects buzzing and chirping, and even the tracks of some animals and creatures cracking through the forest to the side of them. Yuolian music was still heavy in the air but beginning to tone down a bit in the end of the festival. Aqua had finally managed to choke herself to a stop, stomach clenching and unclenching with her last giggles.

Desmond's red hair had burst a color of red the moment she opened her eyes. It seemed like evening dropped directly to night as soon as she stopped laughing. Her eyes slipped into the sky above her, a small smile written clearly on her face.

"Night time is my favorite part of the day."she said, not exactly knowing why.

Desmond's throat had become slightly scratched from the loud paths of laughter. The sharpeness of his razor-like teeth shined dimmily in the moonlight, as his hand touched his head to brace him. It was difficult to describe the moment, yet easy as well. It was simple childish play after a long battle. Beneath their tough, weapons ready, warrior exteriors was the heart of an exhuasted child. Looking back, Desmond and Aqua were similar as kids. Both their parents or parent was taken from them by the what they hate. Never had this occured to him were he'd find a similar foe, now to be an ally. He was just glad the fight for now was at rest.

He breathed out deeply for a second then looked at Aqua's eyes to see them shine. The glimmer was bright, like diamonds, aqua colored diamonds in the moon light. This was parallel to how the ocean and the moon were linked together. Desmond only glanced blankly at the gorgeous sight he was witnessing. He had seen her in many ways: A threat, an annoyance, and now... Beautiful.

He looked up at the sky after she did and smiled. "I see why.." he mumbled to himself. He then remembered the old tale his elder told him as a youngling. A story about the moon and the ocean, it was more or less about beauty. His elder once told him he'd have a chance to tell it to someone else.

"Have you ever heard the story called, The Child of The Moon And The Ocean?"

Night time really was the most beautiful time of day to her. When you save for the attacks, creatures, and basically anything horribly wrong that can go on in the dark, night time has its perks here in there. For starters, it makes light things give off tiny rays of lights and sparkles due to the moon. When a dim light as far away as that one comes into play in a completely darkened area, the bright things start to become brighter and more lively. This is why Aqua's eyes and jewel were having a shining parade by themselves. She, of course, didn't notice it whatsoever because she was too preoccupied looking into the night sky. Desmond agreed with her and that made her feel like she could continue explaining.

"I was never afraid of the dark, you know? Little kids running and screaming to their parents about monsters and night ghouls and that whole thing. I never did that. I personally thought that there was no such thing because there couldn't be something evil like that in such a pretty time like the night time! There were too many sounds of insects and sparkling stars for any bad to be done. I lived by that when I was a kid. Until...Well, lets just say, that smoke man ruined it for me."she said. Her smile didn't come back and usually never did any other time. Once it was gone, it was gone. A chirping to her left caught what little attention she had and Desmond's question tugged at her while she was observing a bush.

"No, can't say I have. What, is it gonna be some sappy cheesy scary story? If so, spare me."she scoffed as she sat down on a rock. Yuolian lights were now going down and more darkness washed over the two. While everyone else was preparing for bed, both Desmond and Aqua were wrapped in the magic of the evening.

"Humans believe the moon and the ocean are linked by the waves, when really it's their beauty." he whispered quietly. Desmond walked over to Aqua's side and looked up at the sky with her. The magic of the night had them now, all they could do was revel in it.

"The moon is the father in the story, the ocean is the mother. The moon is calm and paced, like a wise father. The ocean is smooth but can rage ou of control like an angered mother. The two dieties both have god-like appearance, unmatched but not perfected. One day the two took on the appearnce of humans and met with each other, they spawned a child. A duaghter. She became a symbol of unity, perect harmony because of her beauty. She was not flawed, her face was desired by all. But her greatest feature was her ekegant eyes, how they shined so brightly as aquamarine jewels. Just like yours, Aqua." he said with a smile.

Desmond looked down upon Aqua's eyes and saw the legend live in front of him. She appeared of the girl in the stories so accurately, that was one reason he believed she was a goddess. He'd never seen a girl of her form before.

"Her hair was smooth and silky like the wind, her eyes capturing, and her face like that of an angel. It was said, the moon itself could not match the radiance of her eyes."

While Desmond began telling the story of the moon and the ocean, Aqua listened closely, keeping her head arched up to look into the sky. A smile would flick on her lips when Desmond's voice dropped low and grew high, adding emphasis and expression into his words. He had such a gift in the art of storytelling, it was unbelievable he didn't talk much. His words were coming out so practiced, almost like he had spent time rehearsing them. The story was also an intriguing one. Yuol had its own stories about the moon and the ocean but those didn't end so well. Aqua was now drawn into the story, glancing at Desmond with wide eyes awaiting the next part. Was there a battle about to come into play? Did they both die? Was the child a demon child?

When he finally came to the point on the child's description. Aqua had to ball her fist tightly on her lap to stop herself from laughing. It was so elaborately sappy she couldn't believe someone as big and mean like Desmond was describing it! He dripped detail while he explained the context of her eyes. When she heard her name in comparison, she swiveled her eyes over to lock onto his momentarily. Her face was blank, confused, lost, and getting hot. All Desmond did was grace her with a smile and continue. Now Aqua really was into the story. However short it turned out to be, the way Desmond spun it into life was more than she could have possibly imagined from a man such as him. A Dragon...The Golden Dragon at that... How could he know something so good a pure such as that story? Aqua's gaze remained locked on his for a second or two when he was finished.

"I...have never heard of that story. Is it...about the water goddess?"she asked tentatively.

He knew his words were seeming somewhat strange to her; especially after all he's done this day. How could he dare to pronounce such words of kind nature? What drove him to such lengths as these? Desmond was a brute force, a killer, and a dark spot on the world. While Aqua was kind, wise, and had amition of the purist. Yet underneath the both of them was something that connected them, possibly more than any other connection in the world. Was it the Prophecy, it's story of a dragon and a girl? No, but the name would tell in due time.

Desmond became taken by her eyes for a moment, this was the fourth time that night! But he didn't mind, not at all. He grinned a little, then turned and face the village again. People were walking by, putting ut the fire for the roast, and setting up for bed in their homes. While the two elementals had a personal moment on the outside of town. Aqua soon arived to his attention with a question of the story; it related to an implied compliment he was making earlier, or maybe a story. But all in all, he noded and smiled small.

"Yes, in fact she was the Goddess of The Water. It was said that no unworthy man on earth was aloud to witness her appearance, nor bask in her beauty and light. But most of all, no man of unworthy build will hold her heart."

The story was legendary to most, and myth to others. But to Desmond it was truth, no story is faked and no story is proven only to be legend. Proof is to sought out, discovered and no man has ever approached a story teller with proof. One reason he had to believe in this particular story was Aqua herself. As embarrassing to him as it was, she appeared like the girl in the story. Maybe it was his mind playing tricks on him, or the diety of madness cursed him! But like the story she was all of the above: Gentle hair, captivating eyes, and the face of an angel.

And now it was just getting strange.

He had completely lost her between the pages of his words and along the lush waves of the sea of sentences he spoke. Aqua, intrigued at first, was now starting to become confused and irritable. She wanted to know more about this interesting Goddess of Water. Being a Water mage herself, to know of the greatest woman to ever calm the seas was a blessing among most things. She was curious to know secrets, tactics, ways, poises, and any other information she could get her hands on to truly control the essence of the element. Water was never as wild as fire, but it was untamable, able to go where ever it pleased, reaching beyond its way to wide, free open bodies. Free. That is what Aqua wanted to be. Free as the ocean and the sea. Free as the Goddess of Water.

"No man, huh? That's some Goddess."she said more to herself than to him. His words were still clicking into the right places in her head before she realized that his story had ended. She had so many questions, yet, refusing to ask them, she maintained a silent pause, looking from the lake bed and to the sky. Was her powers really connected to that of the moon's just as Yan's, Desmond's, was connected to the sun? It could certainly be possible, that is for sure. A dry, salty feeling lay on her tongue as she clicked it against the bridge of her mouth, eyes hitting the water next to her. A tingling sensation filled her fingers while her head swiveled toward the lake.

"Interesting...the moon and water together..."
she whispered, not even noticing she was speaking aloud. The water was inticing her, beckoning her to use her powers to see her true extent. If Desmond's words rang true, she would be able to manipulate the entire lake bed with one finger while she stood under the dim light of the moon! Oh, to test that theory....Aqua took another step forward, eyes never leaving the blue, crystallized water of Rez Lake.

Clearly he was running off track in the story he told, mostly because of how it bonded to him. He never had a mother and father to raise him, his elder was the only source of a parent he had. She'd always tell him this story before he slept as a youngling, saying this story was apart of his destiny with another. Heh, if only he as as wise as her; maybe then he wouldn't be so confused as to what she was saying back then. But it was an intriging thought however. What connection between Aqua's power and his destiny lay hidden in the story? What boost did the moon give her powers? And how? This was quite the brain-cramp of a mystery.

Desmond crossed his arms and held his chin, thinking about the possibilities of their elemental ability. The sun played his role, while the moon played out for Aqua. Then it hit him, Desmond held out one hand like a plate and hit it with the other like a hammer. He remembered reading in the Dislocation story book about growing power, as well as the way it was mentioned in the story. "As they venture further into their world, they recieve their power.." he whispered only loud enough for himself to hear. Maybe they gather power from reletive elements to their original. But as far as he's recalled, Desmond has only sen Aqua grow stronger from just water. While he... felt nothing, just rage impowered him as far as his extent. Or was there more to him too? However the night was upon them, and they practically just spent who knows how long standing about and staring into space.

He let out a sigh and folded his hands on top of his head, this was going to be a drag trying figure this rubbish out! As long as it gave him a good fight now and then, he didn't mind. He looked at Aqua out the corner of his eye, then turned his head and nudged her shoulder. "You outta' be tired by now, lets turn in and get some rest. Tommorrow morning, you and I start training."

Things were getting to cosmic for her. Aqua pulled her eyes away from moon and back to Desmond just in time to find him mumbling with himself. Dear god, the man has gone insane. She was tempted to ask him what he was talking about, but then again, maybe it was best to leave crazy people to themselves. She didn't want to bother him or ruin his train of thought...even if that train was going off into la-la-land. He broke his eyes away from the moon as well and onto hers. Aqua sat with a placid expression awaiting whatever it was he had to say. Hopefully it wasn't anything to crazy or she may have just laughed.

But no, he had only told her that the two of them should get going, assuming that she was tired. Not to mention the fact that he just threw the fact that she was going to be training with him in the morrow. Aqua raised a questioning brow, aquamarine eyes blinking twice as she looked at him with a stoned expression of confusion.

"You do realize you're a dragon, right? How, may I ask, are you supposed to be training me when you are a completely different element? And who said I needed training, anyway? How many times have I saved your ass already?"she barked, raising her brow even higher. "That whole Kraytin experience wasn't my fault. I'll admit this: he is stronger than he was when I first encountered him as a child...but we managed to get out alive, didn't we? Okay. So, tell me again why you feel the need to 'train' me?" Aqua placed a hand on her hip, cocking her head to the side. She refused to move until she knew the answer to her question.

He took in an aggitated deep breath and turned to face Aqua and her stone-like expression. She had way more attitude than she really needed to have with Desmond, just as he does with her. Getting along obviously wouldn't be easy, let alone will it be possible for them at all. He gave her a sigh and and rub of his head in response to her first question. "It doesn't matter who you're trained by, but the matter of how they train you." He remembered that old saying he made for himself, he learned to fight from hiding in the wilds. It taught him which ways his element would be at more of an advantage when faced with horrible odds. But their new enemy, Kraytin, would serve as something greater than both of them.

"And if you remember Dislocation so well, then you'd remember they spoke about elemental bonding." He spoke to her with a unconcerned tone, but he barely understood how or what that meant.All he could assume about it was maybe it had something to do with them, their powers, and maybe even unity between them. They wouldn't discover the truth to it all unless they tried. Knowing how they sometimes contradicted each other, this was going to take a large amount of time.

"Kraytin has alreay grown from both your reach and mine, in power and in resource. Sure you saved my ass twice in one night, but you couldn't protect yourself against Kraytin right after he saw you. In stead you let your own rage drive you into battle blindly, nearly costing your life. You lack the proper ability to mend rage into power." Desmond held one hand out infront of them, then ignited a flame in his palm. Looking into he fire, his eyes cuaght on the orange lumination as his iris became slits. "You fight with focus and I fight with rage.... So I'll teach you how to make rage your power, and if allowed. You can teach me how to focus more with my fire." A difficult challenge for the both of them for focus was not Desmond's strong point. But maybe their was a small chance for this to work. One half of untiy lending the other it's power, obsored, but clever enough to work.

"Mistake!"she barked quickly, right after he reminded her of the Kraytin's attack. At the sound of his name from another's lips had her on edge, unclicking her hold she held on the normal. Her black and white hair slapped against her shoulder when she truned her full attention to him. It was her turn to get back at him for his pure lack of understanding.

"He has powers that you and I both know nothing about! That smoke he used earlier disables my powers, if you failed to notice! You think I didn't use water just because I wasn't near any? Well, you're wrong. I can summon water at my will!"she snapped, eyes darkening in a look of pure disgust.

"I never said I was your stupid Yin in Dislocation anyway! You're just assuming I am since I am the only water mage you know! I am not beautiful, born my ocean and moon and all of that other mumbo jumbo! Yin doesn't use rage to fight and never well. I may not be Yin, but I am not about to fight with nothing but anger. I know exactly where that gets people. Count me out."she said, spinning away from him suddenly, her bi-colored hair following her. Her next motive was just to walk away and say nothing else, but for the umpteenth time since the two had encountered one another, Aqua had no control of her movements. In the darkening night, she stood placidly, making no move to leave or turn back to him.

She stood there, thinking on what she had said. As desperately as she had wanted to rid the world of people like Kraytin, him especially, she was not Yin. She had no place. This was Yan's game now. Desmond's game.