Dislocation: Yin-Yan's Attachment

All of her instincts screamed at her, full blast, when she heard his voice. It was so darkly familiar, the very presence of it rattled her to the core. Every fiber of her being was on high alert, body even snapping erect when he slurred his l's like he always did. The other voices and presences were nothing but a mystery to her now. Even Desmond was long gone in her mind. Nothing came back at her, nothing bothered her more, than hearing the voice of that man. The drawl and swooning of her mother's murderer so clear in her ears. So close...beckoning her...beckoning...beckoning...

"KRAYTIN!!!"she snapped, her entire body lunging toward him. She could tell it was him before her eyes even snapped open as well. His shadow aura was so strong to the point where it was plain intoxicating, choking the inside of her throat. However, Aqua was not going to let an opportune moment such as that one pass her so easily. The first glimpse of white she got, she went for it. His hair, eyes, and suit, him. Kraytin. Aqua only got so far before a hand of shadow constricted around her throat and hands, compressing her into place. Oxygen got caught half way through her breathing process, making the last screams of his name nothing but a gaga. Her eyes burned in a stinging pain that came along with the choking.

Then, a darkness ensued. There was nothing but a black envelope around her, mostly likely one of the smoke tricks Kraytin had up his sleeve. Nothing that angered her any further. The hold around her throat loosened but the hold on her hands only tightened.

"It's been a while, has it not, young one?" Aqua's eyes opened and zipped through the darkness, desperate to find the source of the voice but it was futile. The smoke was too dense and his words seem to hit her from all sides. She was only a part of his game now. A pawn and puppet.

"Same here, old man."she spat back. His dark laughter shook her to the core, but she fought hard not to snap. She had to remain calm.

"Pein's blood does run through your veins, there is no doubt on that. How is the man, by the way?"

"My father is none of your concern!"

"...True. It is you I want, is it not?"he drawled knowingly. Aqua's blue eyes darkened in anger but she said nothing, not feeding into his little game.

As Desmond expected, Aqua acted first out of sheer rage. From what he could remember in their previous fights, she was the one was thinking the situation through first; then acting acordingly. But then again how could he understand her action? This man killed her mother right in front of her and her father, Desmond never knew his parents. But he did know what was like to feel rage. Which charged him back to his hatred for humans and their culture. And the sound of Kraytin's voice... Only made it worse. But since Aqua was already out of order, it was up to him to come up with a battle plan. Good luck with that.

He closed his eyes and opened them back slightly; he wasn't noticed to be awake yet. With Aqua conversating with Kraytin he'd have to act fast and make up something. The number of enemies was in the thousands, he could take on about half of them while Aqua handled the others. But she'd be too vulnerable without water to bend. But then again, he doesn't know what she can really do yet. Not only that, but Kraytin had stopped her like it was nothing! Maybe he'd put up one hell of a fight that Desmond craves. So obviosly no plan was in order and that left him with one option.

Kill.. Them.. All!

He slolwy inched his right hand beside him, the glow of his flames swirling up his veins. If he was going to act, he should do it at the right timing. The power of his dragon strength and immortal flames shocked into his fist, then he leaped into the air and came down wn with a shout. "Raaww!" he echoed as he dropped at the speed of sound.

"What the-" BOOM! The ground shook when Desmond landed his knuckles to the dirt. Kraytin dropped her from the shock and awe, but didn't lose posture. Desmond rolled over and caught Aqua in his arms, starring him down as if it was a final showdown. And just like that, they were surrounded again. "It's like a damn Hydra with you people. Kill one and more heads grow back.." he said looking around.

"I remeber you. Yes.. Yes.."

"What are you yapping about?"

He just laughed in Desmond's face from his response. I Desmond wasn't holding Aqua he would punch hin into next week! But right now he had to focus on staying alive long enough to escape. Out the corner of his eye, Desmond spotted something on Kraytin's satchel. It was a book. A book.. About yin Yan's Attachment.. It gave him an idea on why the two of them were here and why he wanted Aqua so bad.

"I guess having both of you here makes it easier."

The events all happened too quickly to recollect. Aqua had no time to react to anything: not the roar, not the blast, and definitely not when she was caught by Desmond, who was awake, alive, and angry. Aqua unconsciously clung to his arm, not showing her vulnerability as she glared at Kraytin. This time, she could see his every feature. It seemed that through time, he had gotten some scars, some really nasty looking scars. They seemed to be the scars of a giant beast more than a person. There was one that ran along the edge of his lip to the beginning of his jaw. Another ran completely across his right eyebrow. Aqua thought that made him look two times more menacing than before. Only making the will to tear him apart piece by piece even stronger.

"I guess having you both here makes it easier."

Aqua didn't need to ask him what he meant by that at all. She had known since she left Yuol as a child that Kraytin was after the power of Yin and Yan combined. Even though she tried so hard to denounce it, there was no way she could: Aqua was Yin. She was the first half of the cycle while Desmond was the second. She tried, and almost succeed, to anger Desmond so much to the point where he would end her life in a fight, thus breaking the cycle and Kraytin's exploits of getting both powers of Dislocation...but no. Desmond saved her hours ago, and now they had been kidnapped by the very guy that wanted her alive and well. Aqua's eyes dropped to a glare, arms still wrapped around one of Desmond's, ignoring the heat he was giving off.

"So you've found us together. Doesn't mean we're going to go down lightly, or down at all. Sorry to burst your little bubble."she seethed. Kraytin cackled aloud and his laughter bothered her still, her hands clasping tighter on Desmond's arms.

"Silly girl. You two don't even know how to scratch the surface of your powers." Aqua said nothing in retort, knowing, hating, that he was probably right. She looked over to Desmond and said nothing, but the fear was showing clear as day in her light eyes: She didn't know whether they would be able to escape unscathed or not.

"Shut your mouth, old man!" he shouted almost into a roar at Kraytin. The very wind from his shout made a small gust of wind blast at him, making him cover his face for a second. Desmond's rage began to boil inside of him as it massed itself within.

"Looks like we've got ourselves a tough guy."

"You haven't even begun to see what I can do.."

He could feel Aqua clinging to him tighter, letting him know that she was worried about escape. On one side of him it pissed him off that she would lose confidence so quickly; but on the other hand he did understand her feeling. They were out numbered and possibly out matched, but that wasn't going to keep him from putting up something. In previous battles, Desmond relied more on instinct to fight. But now it was time to use his best trait.. His rage.. If he was Yan, then in legend his power would increase ten-fold by use of anger. It was a better plan than none so he might as well go with it.

Without a word of it, Desmond placed Aqua on the ground slowly; then focused on his anger. He closed his eyes and breathed gently, sensing deep inside for the festering rage of Yan. What appeared before his mind was the vision of cages, about six of them. Inside each he could hear the sound of rough, monsterous breathing. In the first one to his right, he saw his dragon form, sleeping as if it was sealed away.

"Its about time..." echoed a loud mono-ish voice.

"Who are you?"

"Your anger, Desmond.. We fuel your fire and your will to live.."

"Then you know why I am here."

"To make your escape and save your human.. This power is now yours to mannipulate. The legend will give you the rest."

And then he retured to the world of reality, his eyes struck open as his body flooded with rage, making him unleash his roar. No heat came off his body, but flames did circle around him as if attracted to him. The fire on his body soon focused to his fist and feet, working as damage boosts. Desmond could feel his power rising inside and now he knew... He was Yan.

"By the Gods.... Impressive, boy.."

Kraytin dashed at him and Desmond followed his motin. They met in mid-air at the center of the circle. For someone covered in scars he was well taught. Kraytin rose his leg to strike Desmond with a kick, making a slick smirk as iif he'd one. But as soon as it breezed past Desmond's head, he disappeared.

"What..?"

Desmond reappeared above him and clutched both his hands together, then slammed Kraytin over the head with both his fists together. Kraytin hit the ground hard and created a crater, but wasn't out. Desmond landed down beside Aqua and waited for the next move.

"Now who can't scratch the surface!?"

Aqua knew one thing for a good and solid fact: she was not going to go down the road Desmond had went down. She made that clear and final in her head, content that it was the answer she had forged and was going to go with. Desmond was getting angry, maybe too angry. His hatred for Kraytin was unmasked and could not be shrouded or covered by mere, soothing words. In short, he was a dragon that was having its tailed pulled around. The intensity of the heat around him was enough to spell it out. Desmond was seconds away from tearing the guy into shreds.

Unfortunately for Aqua, he planned to do just that.

The roar was the loudest thing she had hear, even louder than the two of them clashing together. Desmond had est Aqua aside to avoid her interference on the fight...but the idiot had left her wide open for all of the other rogue Yuolians and some other people that looked to be of different lands. Aqua had no idea what she was dealing with and how she was going to manage taking them all out when she was not near a large source of water. She still had enough strength to fight hand to hand but that was only going to get her so far. She did not have a lot of brawn in her and the men around her looked as if they out matched her a thousand fold. However, Aqua would not go down without a fight.

"I wouldn't mess with me right now if I were you..."she growled through her teeth. Her fingers twitched on the side of her waist when she heard Desmond mock Kraytin. As if on cue, two Yuolians shot forward and disappeared in a cloud of dense grey and black smoke. Aqua was accustomed to the trick by now, knowing just how to maneuver out of it: simply follow the trail. So, directing her full attention behind her her, she shot her hand out to the left, grabbing a sliver of smoke that soon formed into an arm. Using her entire body weight, which was not much, she slung the body into another behind her, stepping back to scan for any more oncoming attacks.

Without water...it was going to be tough.

Desmond and Kraytin's fight continued on, with their moves going nearly neck to neck. Desmond through a straight punch towards Kraytin's chest, he blocked it and tried to retaliate. Then he ducked beneath the punch and tripped Kraytin to the ground. He leaped up and tried to come down on his head, but Kraytin had been in too many battles not to be quick. He rolled out o the way but Desmond's strength caused a shock-wave; it sent Kraytin flying over towards a group of his own men. He rolled with the wind of his position and Kraytin landed perfectly on his feet. His men gathered beside him, glaring him down ready to fight.

"No doubt about it, you are Yan. And she is Yin. But are you sure she can handle the others?"

It didn't occur to him at first, but he realized that he left her to fend for herself. She was more adapt to the battle if she had water. That must have been why Kraytin brought them out here, no water for her to defend herself. Desmond sprinted towards him trying to finish him, but Kraytin vanished as he reached him. His men jumped on Desmond from all directions, punching and kicking him mercilessly.But in the state of ferocity he was in, it felt like he was being poked. Desmond let out a yell, then exploded a force from his body, defeating them easily. This power was amazing, unlike anything he'd felt before.But all knew found power must be mastered first. His body was tiring deep inside and he could tell. Once this power was disabled, he would fall into a sleep. But for now, he had to stay energized and assist Aqua.

He ran in her direction towards a blockade of men, the three of them stood one behind the other. His right fist pulled back while his left tapped his knuckles. Then he pushed his fist forward and took them down with just one punch. They fell like dominoes as he came to Aqua's side.

"This was a bigger number than I thought. Mybe you should leave this to me?" he said teasing her a bit.

"Screw you."she replied, keeping her gaze focused on all of the enemies in front of her. There were many than she'd like to have, and though she hated to hell to say it in her thoughts, Desmond was right. He may have to be the one to take them all down, or at least get them both out of there in one piece. Kraytin was smart by dislocating her away from her source of power. Even though Aqua was supposed to be Yin, she could only bend the water to her will, not manifest it out of nothing like Desmond and his fire. He could spawn fire out of thin air or his own body heat. It was no surprise that when he tapped into the power of Yan, which she assumed is where he got the sudden burst of strength from, he was able to use power all he wanted to.

Aqua was limited. Her senses were already working against her. It was dark, there was no water that she could feel anywhere and her head still stung from the earlier scuffle with Desmond. The earlier fight and state of unconsciousness had threw her off guard, depleting what little power she had left. Blue eyes shooting back and forth, Aqua stood next to Desmond, hand's out in her manipulative pose. It made her feel strange, taking a defensive stand next to him, what with his heat spilling over the plain of the room, but she had little choice in the matter.

He was her ride out of there.

"This is no fun at all, is it? Not with you two trying to kill one another." Kraytin slurred, putting both of his hands behind his back in a chilled manor. He was taunting both of them, pretending as though the fact that he could be attacked by Desmond was nothing more than a bore.

"You're an idiot for thinking you can hold the two of us, you know that?" Aqua snapped.

"Hold? No. I merely wanted to test. See where the checkpoint is."he responded with a dramatic yawn. Aqua's blood boiled beneath her skin but she couldn't feed into it. Snapping her head to Desmond, she yanked his arm.

"Get us out. Now."

Desmond grinned at Aqua's reply to his question, but it wasn't funny after a few seconds. With all jokes aside, they were surrounded at possibly out matched. They were dealing with a mastermind and an armada all at once. Kraytin's men were easy to defeat, but with him at the head it'd be a problem. The most vulnerable soldier is an uncoordinated one. But thanks to Kraytin's sinister actions, the battle would exhaust them; they would survive but exhausted nonetheless. But Aqua was Yin, there was no doubt so why didn't she tap into her power? And then it hit him: Yin and Yan were opposites, one could counter the other.

What he realized was when he reached into his power, Aqua didn't think of the same process. And her being away from water just made it harder for her. She was weakening from his heat and the lack of water, making her vulnerable. She had to get to safety and quickly at that. But how would she escape? Desmond could hold them off, but would Aqua have the opportunity to run? No, Kraytin would be on her in seconds, like a dog on a bone.

As Aqua disputed with Kraytin he started catching on to what he was planning. Testing them... He was finding their flaws in power. Yin Yin's Attachment was know to be stronger than the gods themselves, but that was only when the worked in harmony. Aqua, Yin, was not at her full strength; mostly because of him. Desmond needed to calm down and get them to safety.

"Get us out. Now."

And on those words, Desmond lifted her on his back and morphed into his dragon form. Instead of flames taking over his body, he merely made a loud glow of light, only to be broken by the appearance of his golden structure. He flapped his massive wings twice, then breathed a beam of fire around them to stop any pursuers. Then he took off making sure Aqua had a good feel on his back. Kraytin only stood there... Watching as they flew off. As Desmond looked over shoulder as he flew away. He knew that he'd gotten all he'd needed.

"You need to be stronger...."

"Me? Look, genius, I apologize if I can't turn into a giant, fire-breathing reptile like you can! And excuse me for just realizing that I am Yin and am stuck with your ass for a long time! I happen to be no where near water and its not like your stupid flames were helping anything at all! So don't tell me to be stronger! I should tell you stop being an imbecile and recognize when your partner needs assistance instead of going into a fight, claws at the ready!"

And, they were back.

Desmond and Aqua skipped not one single beat as the two of them tore through the roof of their kidnapped place. Aqua was smart enough to look behind her and try to catch a glimpse of the place, but it appears that Kraytin was smarter, for as soon as she turned to look, the entire area busted in a cloud of black and grey smoke. Smart, cunning little bastard....Her anger was now starting to creep inside her head and make itself comfortable around her pre-frontal cortex, giving her an insanely ridiculous headache. Such a minor injury, and yet, it effected everything she said and did, merely because her mind was one tool that should not be tampered with.

"I...I don't see you coming up with...with any kind of plans, huh?"she said. Even her words slurred out at an awkward phrasing. Her hands clenched on both side's of the golden scales, digging in far enough to become annoying to his touch she assumed, but still not used to the combination of heights, heat, and headache.

"Can we please...land somewhere? You're...you're making me sick...You wouldn't...you wouldn't liked if I dragged you u-under water, would you?"she spat at him, still trying to maintain her composure as the air whipped at her cheeks, stinging them.

"I would have an idea, but we should know what we're up against first!" he shouted back at her slurrs toward him. He hated how she would stretch herself out, but he adired it aswell. "How was I suppose to know the power of yin Yan's Attatchment so easily? I only know the story, not the extensions of its power! But right now, this doesn't matter! You are Yin and I am Yan, if we intend to fill our roles then we must learn how. Starting with you."

Thinking back to what happened along their travel, they always seemed to come back to this. Aruguing over who is better than who, trying to decide who's a better fighter. So far that wasn't a step in the right direction, but it was a way to conversate. But still, they needed to learn how to cooperate without being at each other's throat. Dislocation: Yin Yan's Attachment is based off unity, perfect harmony in power. Something that Desmond currently lacked with Aqua. If they were to survive long enough to see wherethis road would take them; Desmond would have to control his anger. Then between thinking, Aqua clentched his back.

Beneath the loud flap of his golden wings brushing the wind, he could hear Aqua's slurred expressions. Something was wrong and his flying didn't seem to ease her mind.

"Can we please...land somewhere? You're...you're making me sick...You wouldn't...you wouldn't liked if I dragged you u-under water, would you?"

Like you could pull me... he thought to himself quietly, then lightly dove over to the middle-right and landed. He stood on his back legs- if he even had front legs- and looked back at Aqua. She seemed irratated yet she was fine before he started flying.

"Not use to flying are we?" he asked with a straight face.

"I'm not a dra..."

It was hard for her to finish her sentence while knives were being stabbed through her cerebrum. Each and every time it would sting, Aqua would cringe, face drawing up in pain, and hands gathering deeper into Desmond's scales. She wasn't aware if he was getting annoyed at the pain or what, but she couldn't help it. Too much was happening. Too much was going on for her to not have a headache over. It was just a shame that headaches affected her so badly. When Desmond landed roughly, her head whipped forward onto the scales of his back, one cutting her across the forehead. On contact, a white fire snaked across her head as the blood soon formed from the open lips of the wound. Instead of snapping at him, Aqua swayed, still on his back, before sliding off, half landing on her feet and half slumping to the ground.

"I...don't care about the stupid Dis...location."she muttered, sliding what little space she had left to the ground, thrusting her fingers into both sides of her black/white hair, squeezing it tight. She figured the more pressure she put on the headache, the less pain the headache would yield. She was wrong. It only came crashing back against the walls of her skull causing her teeth to bare back in pain.

"I don't...want to talk."

"Obviously, your Kraytin does care. So you should start.."

He muttered back at her then changed back to his human appearance. Looking at how she was swaying and acting, her head was really bringing her down. And after about a minute of viewing her facial features, he saw a small cut on her head. Aqua was disoriented wildly but how? Desmond started searching his mind for a second and instantly remembered Kraytin. The cloud of smoke around her head was suppose to smother Aqua to death. It must have left a bit of internal damage on her, treatable, but fatal if not assessed quickly. They didn't have a healer nearby, let alone a scent for him to track their way home. They were on their own. But in the darkness of the situation... An unexpected event took pass.

Desmond felt his hands flare up a controlled, emerald green flame. He lowered his gave from Aqua to his hands, wondering where this power was coming from. In the mist of the air, he could her a gentle hum coming from... Aqua? It was her jewel, it was emitting some sort of light as his hands caught fire. It was strange on what was taking place, and e suspected Aqua did not notice at all. He balled his hands into a fist then squinted his eyes and Aqua. What he could guess was happening was the bonding function of the legend. Yan had a piece of Yin in him, while Yin had a small piece of Yan in her. Both with the right amount of each other's power to make them strong. He took slow steps up behind Aqua, then raised his hands slowly.

"Hold still..."

Then without waiting for her to answer, he turned her to face him and placed his hands on the side of her head. Somehow, he could see the damage inside of her skull. It was under constriction from smoke patches he stuck inside her head. The flames engulfed Aqua's head painlessly and the wounds on her face started.. Healing.. The burned shut as if the cut had never happened. After he was finished he let go of her head and stumbled to the ground. Whatever the shared power they had was, it gave him healing.

Aqua peered up at him through her pain when he put his hands to her head. She instantly could feel a heat resonate from them and she was just about to get, until the heat was mixed with a cooling waves of water. It was as if the two entities were dancing with one another, heat bobbing through the waves of water that washed through her head. The headache was pushing against the healing, but Desmond seemed to be able to maintain his stability as the strange healing process continued to happen. Aqua continued to look at him and her face twisted into a confused expression. He was too close to her and she did not know what to do. He was helping her, even though he tried to kill her more than once.

"Desmond..."she whispered, regretting it as soon as it passed her lips. When she said his name, the fire around his hands sparked and flared in a mystical twisting and spiraling motion. The jewel in her hair did the same and suddenly, her head was clear from all tinges of pain, leaving her red in the face as she stared at Desmond, surprised that he was still close to her. Her mouth opened to say something, but nothing came out.

It was pathetic.

​His breathing was slightly heavier from using that ability. He had no idea how this came to be, it just happened! The sensation between the two of them soon dissipated from Desmond's hands. He could only assume hat Aqua's jewel followed the same action as well. When he glared at her expression towards him it made him suspicious. Aqua's face was red and he thought it was from the possible heat from his ability. But then he noted the looked she'd given him; it was stare of awkward position. Her jaw opened to speak, but no words showed themselves. Maybe she was feeling a little disrupted from his sudden action of... What he hoped was healing?

Their faces were close to each other, it took a second for Desmond to take that in. When he did, he jumped a little, then he started turning red in the face. Now he knew that Aqua was just blushing. Desmond looked out the right corner of his eyes, then turned away from Aqua. The moment somehow felt awkward again and he couldn't deal with it. But he'd have to learn to sooner or later. Him and Aqua are Dislocation: Yin Yan's Attachment, there is no way for them to deny that fact. But sure enough, they would if they could. And as most destinies, they can't.

"D-Don't just sit there all speechless. You're welcome, now lets get going!" he stuttered with an embarrassed tone. Desmond never blushed and he'd never been spotted blushing. This was practically something new to him. Again!

"Sh-Shut up! I never said thank you! I...I could have done that myself! Water has healing powers, you idiot!"she snapped at him, hoisting herself off of the ground and turning away from him as quickly as she could. The moment quickly passed though it was taking time for her blush to completely go away. She found herself wondering why she got so embarrassed in the first place, and by him no doubt! Dusting her pants off, Aqua avoided all eye contact with him, thinking on it. It was probably because he was so close to her and no one had dared to get that close to her ever. Her father even kept her distance from her. It was an advantage to say the least. It means that she looked intimidating and struck some kind of fear into their hearts.

Desmond just thought he was so bad ass that he could break her little security bubble and try to mask it over as 'healing her.' She shot a glare to him, face still lightly flushed but expression not happy in the least.

1068010.jpg

"Do something u-useful and find out where you've brought us, because I have no idea where we are."she said, darting her head away from him so as not to further worsen the situation. It was already bad enough the two of them almost got killed by Kraytin and his men. Now they were lost and alone. Together. Alone. She swallowed hard and walked beside him, making sure to turn the other way, not facing him at all.

Desmond bent over slightly, squinting his eyes and groning dimmly in his throat. Then after a minute of piercing a gaze at her, he lifted away and crossed his arms. He let out a hmph in reply to her last comment. But yes they were lost and he was the best chance at finding thier way home. His senses soon became clear after a minute and gave his nose it's strength back. He sniffed the air, one, two, three times, and caught a giant grip on Yuol. In fact the smell was strong enough to let him knowthey were only a mile away.

"I can smell the village, its nearby. If we keep moving we'll be there by the next hour." he kept his eyes away from Aqua.

How did the moment grow so awkward, he'll never understand. What he did know was he had to keep walking and stayed vigilant, he'll be fine. His eyes flashed to thermal and caught the signatures of small animals, nothing deadly. The path they were walking through was filling with the songs of crickets and crokes of toads. Mother nature was singing a happy tone tonight, but he could care less. Up ahead he could see the smoothing laterns of the ending festival of Yuol. Approaching it slowly, he managed to turn his sight back to Aqua. Her face was still a bit red and so was he, in fact the sight of her increased it.

"W-We're nearing your home, make sure you're just fine." he said as if he was trying to saound strict. It wasn't obvious but he was having a hard time with being strict.

The forest that they were near seemed familiar but Aqua could have been going crazy for all that she knew. The smoke that was now gone from her head was dangerous. In fact, if she could remember right, it was poisonous. Those sort of smoke arts were not allowed in Yuol. They were forbidden and it was no surprise that Kraytin new all about it. Since he was not in Yuol anymore, he could flex his powers at every angle he wished. Aqua shook her head to get the vision of him out of her head. it was just making her angrier, that the person who murdered her mom in cold blood was out for both she and Desmond's power.

No, if she thought on it anymore than she already was, she would have been tempted to turn around and find the mysterious hide out herself. Desmond was not going to let her do that it seemed for her snapped at her to keep her composure as they neared her village. She said nothing to him and folded her arms across her chest, looking the other way to avoid his eyes. There was an unknown force playing tricks on the mind's of the two of them and Aqua had no time for games. She couldn't be too mad at Desmond, though, for his face read that he was going through the same thing.

"Well, you got what you wanted. You know what those creepy dreams were about and more. And look, you even met the man who wants us both to help him destroy the world, all in one day. There's no reason for you to be here anymore. So, dragon, you may take your leave."she said, looking dead ahead at the village that loomed closer and closer to her, lights dancing across the blackened sky. Aqua's jewel and eyes played the same game with the night time air, causing them to sparkle and shimmer, despite her serious expression.

​"And miss out on the only battle that might satisfy me? I think I'll stay." he said with a groan short after. Soon enough the village was about three feet away from them, and it was a relief to Desmond. He had grown tired from all these events taking place like this; always one on top of he other. Desmond came to a stop and took a look at the surrounding area, the trees, the brush, and the village. It haunted his thoughts as of to why Kraytin wanted to destroy the world. Desmond was no different in the beginning, he wanted to destroy human kind, but not the world. He just wanted justice done for what mankind brought upon themselves.

His eyes closed shut as he put the thought away for now, anymore thought on it and he would get a headache. Desmond put his arms behind his head and looked up at the sky, leaning back slightly puffing his right cheek. He was thinking back to all the 'uncomfortable' moments that came across them a second ago. They would do something nice for each other, then it grow silent, and they'd blush! If he knew any better he'd think they were going crazy. Whatever was waltzing around in their head was having a suspicious effect on the two of them. It brought them into battle, then a festival, then more battle, and who knows what's next! Either way this event would turn, Desmond had received his answers. This time it was a ground game were Aqua would show her strength, Desmond would just have to grow along the way. Dislocation is a story of balance and they would have to learn each other's level first.

"So.... What now?"

"If I would have known that you were in this for the thrill of the fight, I might have actually let you die earlier."she said in a low grunt. And, for the millionth time since they encountered one another, they were right back at each other throats. Aqua partially blamed herself for the way the two of them were acting. It wasn't as if she hated him. She was very close to it but not that close; not as close as she was to hating Kraytin. Kraytin gave her more than a reason to hate him. Desmond only annoyed her and made her want to kill him. Just to shut him up, of course. Nothing personal. She scoffed inside her head when the two of them finally stopped before reaching Yuol's entrance.

Nothing personal...

In one quick motion, Aqua whipped her hand in a backwards motion, backhanding him hard across the face. At the same time, she slid backwards to avoid a counter attack from him, though she wanted one. Her lips were set in a fine line, watching as he clearly grew anger at her sudden attack. She took no remorse in his annoyed look, only standing and looking at him with the same confused and blank expression she had been wearing for a while, ever since he healed her.

"I...this seems to be the only way I can communicate with you without feeling strange."she admitted honestly, blinking once like an innocent child.

He didn't know how to describe what was between them. For a moment they'd be allies, then at each other's throat. The next day, they'd be cooperative, then friends again. It was infuriating almost to the bare bone. If he wanted to Desmond would have killed her already and moved on. But for some reason it was just hard to go through with it. He knew who she was, what she could do, and why. An yet he stays nonetheless while they act like children. Some adventures require childish play, but not childish behavior. So why was it coming over the two of them, what was driving them to such awkward acts every few minutes? Desmond turned to face her, but receive something in return.

Just as his eyes met Aqua's direction, she struck him across the face with a slap. It made him tumble over a little, but he quickly retained his footing. Her hand mostly struck his eyes and stung like hell. If her water didn't hurt him, her slap sure would. His feet dug into the ground as he turned to her, baring his teeth and glowing red eyes. As she stepped back from him, Desmond reached out and lifted her off the ground by her wrist. He would have burned off her face at that point; but her excuse for hitting him was legit.

"Hmm... I see." he said with a plain look of his own. Then his look shifted into a grin and he set her down. "If we're going to rumble like children...." he said as he placed his knuckles at each side of her head. "......Then we'll fight like children!" he grunted and started twisting his knuckles against her head. He saw a Yuol boy doing this his smaller sibling. If he could remember correctly what it was called, he called it a noogie.