Dislocation: Yin-Yan's Attachment

Aqua had nothing to do with the conversation that was going on between Desmond and the little girl, but she did well not to butt into it. There was too much food the be consumed than worried about a conversation between a dragon and a Yuolian pup. Aqua picked and prodded through her vegetables, only indulging on the ones that had a familiar look to her. Yuolian crops were wild things. There are so many different water sources the Yuolians get to grow their crops and the differences heed a variety of results. For example, if a seed was planted with the water of Rez lake, it would be a sweet fruit or vegetable due to the purified waters. Aqua had been gone for quite sometime and to be perfectly honest, she was terrified to try to eat anything that had too many different water attributes.

All in all, she had about enough of water for the day.

Desmond and the child were bickering to one another once Aqua was done eating her last string of Unde Beans. She looked over to the two of them once again, tempted to tell them both to stop acting like children (if the little girl could help it) but she decided against it. Aqua reached her hand somewhere to the left of her where a man and a woman had burst into laughter and grabbed a tart. It was purple and speckled with golden sugar and looked absolutely delicious. In the back of her head, she remembered Desmond mentioning something about some eyes of some sort, but she had locked it away when she saw the dessert.

"What about eyes, now?"she inquired, tilting her head and bringing the sweet treat to her mouth but not eating it yet. Instead she nibbled it with her lips to get a good sense of the flavor.

As Desmond was ignoring the little girl, she started lightly hitting his shoulder with the palms of her hands. It felt like annoying pecks from a bird that always tapped at his head when he would sleep in the wilds. It slightly made his right eye twitch with anger, but he remebered she was just a child; innocent to all of the world. She simply didn't know better or let alone what Desmond was. His teeth ripped deeper into the goat leg, taking in all the seered flavor of the meat. These people all were unaware of Desmond... thats what bothered him slightly. They didn't know him, didn't question him, but took him in like he knew them for years. In a way he did, by nature.

Deep in thought he started thinking about how short of a day its been, but how far they've come. From a battle on the bridge to the home of the Dragonoids. And then from there to the home of Aqua's people, Yuol of the Yuolians. A short adventure most would say, but with all the intervals between it-including the battles, the capture and whatnot, this was longer than he thought. And somehow Desmond felt different inside, not just from power; but deeper. Quickly Aqua's question returned him to reality, but still in a boggled mind.

"Who? Oh... Uh, nothing.." he saidstill looking away at the spread along the table.

Then the little girl hopped between the two of them and looked back and forth at their faces. She noticed how they looked at each other before they danced, but now they wouldn't pay each other the light of the day. Leaving her with only one thought that came to her childish mind.

"Aqua.. Is Desmond your lover?" she asked innocently, looking up at her. As soon as Desmond heard her say it, he started choking on his goat leg.

The cake slid off of Aqua's forke before she had a chance to bite into it. Actually, she bit down on the fork instead of the cake when it slid back down to the plate without her noticing. Once the little girl threw the question out there, Desmond went on a spree of guttering chokes and coughs and Aqua's pearly white teeth crashed onto the metal rungs of the fork that was gripped in her right hand. Everyone else at the table were a lot more anxious to see what was going on with Desmond. He was making quite the scene as he coughed and choked on the goat leg that he was ravenously tearing into. Even though there was a ringing in Aqua's ears after her teeth rattled against the fork, she had gotten over the shock in a matter of seconds, sending a glare to the small little girl.

"Has no one taught you to stay out of grown-up's business?" Aqua never meant for the sentence to come out so dark and scary, but it clearly irked the girl for she shrieked and ran away from the table, not before grabbing a tart that lay at the far end. The man that sat next to Desmond began beating him on his back and the occasional woman gasped and asked questions like, "Is he going to be okay?" or "Did it go down the wrong pipe?" Aqua sighed loudly while she forced herself to stand up, scooting the chair behind her to give her some room to exit.

"Don't worry, I'll handle it from here."she said in the most reassuring voice she could muster. Some of the Yuolians bowed to her 'blessed' her, or made way to let her over to Desmond's side. There were eyes all over the two of them and Aqua was still not used to the sudden blast of attention. She was used to being secluded and alone with her thoughts, emotions, and actions. Now it seemed like all of Yuol were looking upon her and Desmond both. Aqua's cheeks rose to a deep red color as she pulled Desmond by the arm and carried him away from the bustling table, and over to trail that was slightly more familiar: the trail to Rez Lake.

"We gotta get out of here. People are going to start thinking we're crazy. You okay by the way? The the goat turn alive and kick you in the throat or something?"she asked, bi-shaded hair waving in the pearl moonlight.

Desmond chuckled a bit after his throat eased a bit from the strangling coughs, Aqua's crack about the leg helped slightly. He raised his hand up to his neck and caressed it gently to relax it the rest of the way, then gave Aqua a quick nod to assure her. "Yes, I'm just fine." he said with a chuckle and a smile. A smile, something Desmond never did for his whole life, let alone what it was.

Now thinking on to Aqua's suggestion of leaving, it did tun out to be a good idea. But they still needed answers for his thoughts, so he had no choice but to disagree. Or did he really have to? No. Besides who was to say they couldn't find their answers somewhere else? Aqua didn't mention anything about her village having anything about this, so was he merely wasting his time? Maybe Aqua was wasting his time and he didn't know it. But even if she was, she was his only option for an answer to his visions of her. He had no choice to stay, but he didn't rely on that reason for him to stay. He prefered to stay for another reason: He enjoyed her company.

"I'd prefer we stay, Aqua. We still need answers remeber?" he said looking at her eyes. What he noticed was that he need to keep in eye contct with her if he didn't want to be treated like a child. Aqua was the strong, independent type from Desmond's perspective, but he was most likely wrong. With a quick shift of his jaw he looked back over to the table, then back at Aqua with a tilt of his head to hint her to go back. If they didn't want to raise suspicion an further, then it would be best not to act like they both have something to hide.

"Oh right. The dreams."

To be honest, she had forgotten about her little word she gave to Desmond before the two of them got there. She was supposed to be helping him dissect those strange dreams he spoke about; the one's involving her. While the two of them walked down the road towards Rez Lake, the sounds of Yuol were drowning farther and farther out of range. That was a plus. She did not mean for both of them to actually leave Yuol, just that specific place and time. Too many eyes were them and Aqua was not comfortable when it came to attention. She tucked a strand of white hair behind her left ear and slowed her pace up just a tad. She didn't want to seem like she was rushing the conversation.

"Okay, yeah, I think I know the problem. It's very complicated but you're a dragon so i don't put anything past you. For starters, no, I have not had any dreams of you. That's just creepy."she said, scrunching her nose over to him only to loosen up tensions between the two of them, but that would be close to impossible. Dragons by nature all mean and quickly prone to anger. Obviously.

"There are not just dragons in your village. Yuol has some too, just not of the fire breathing nature. Actually, we have dragons all around this world of many shapes and sizes. Of course, they're very rare, but that does not mean they aren't there. As you know, there is at least one for every element:water, wind, fire, ice, and on and on. You know which one you are...but that's the thing. You are not just a fire dragon. You're the fire dragon."she said, turning her gaze to give him a light blue and blank stare.

"The Golden Dragon."

He laughed quietly at her talk of other dragons, he found it funny how she tried to make it sound so easy. Desmond could smell a dragon a mile away if it was around, when he was at Yuol he didn't even sense the fallen scale of one. But he also laughed at how she forgot all about what they were really there for.He didn't notice how they wondered further and further from her village, but since they were so caught up in thought it made sense. After hearing her input on the dreams he started thinking back to dragon nature and what he new about himself, as well as his species. If he knew one thing in this world, it was dragons.

He was just about to speak when he heard her speak three words that sounded familiar to him since birth.

"The Golden Dragon." he heard her say. It was almost like a whisper, but he could hear it clearly. When he turned to her as she said it, he caught her blank gaze and realized she was stunned about something. But she wasn't the only one, Desmond remembered these words like it was a blood memory. They lived with him ever since he was born, and at that moment he started remembering an old legend his elder told him when he was a child. A story of The Golden Dragon and The Water Goddess, a story that soon became a legend but as well was said to be a prophecy true to the world.

"Dislocation: Yin Yan's Attachment..." he whispered to himself as he gazed back at her.

He had understood what she was saying after he burst out in a fit of laughter. Instantly, her right eye jumped in annoyance but her expression was unwavering. However comical he found the situation, she still knew of the seriousness it possessed. His laughter was getting on her nerves, but he was a dragon. He clearly did not have the same mindset she shared, but he would be in a for a rude awakening sometime soon. Then, as if a brick had fallen on his foot, Desmond's smile and laughter faded and was replaced with a far off gaze, as if he were remembering something. Aqua watched his face transfix from laughter to a dumb nostalgic look. Then, he uttered the words she had been waiting for him to say since she even brought up the talk of dreams.

"Dislocation: Yin-Yan's Attachment."

"Yes. You are clearly the Golden Dragon from the stories, which I assume you remember quite well. It was hard for me to process at first, but when you told me you had dreams about me, I kinda knew from then. That, and you're the only Fire Dragon i have ever met and definitely the only golden one at that."she finished, walking forward as if they never stopped.

The trail to Rez Lake was shorter than what she thought it'd be for they had only walked for 10 minutes until she saw the familiar blue glint under the moonlight. Her eyes shared the same glow as she came to a stop at the edge of they lake.

"So yes. You are Yan. I am Yin."she finished, looking out at lake before bringing her eyes back into his.

​Oh yes the story of Dislocation, how could he forget something embedded in his own blood. What was he suppose to say now? There was nothing he could say to appose her words, nor could he reject them. It was too accurate, since his scales were gold, and he was a dragon. But Aqua was not a goddess... was she? As long as she's been here around him, he's seen no sign of a goddess by his side. But what of his side of the legend that required him to fit his side. If he truly was the dragon of legend and Aqua the goddess of water, then why didn't they know it at first?

"The legend of Dislocation: Yin Yan's Attachment, speaks of two earth born warriors of unique persona. Both born to relinquish the world of darkness and begin an era of perfect unity. A goddess of a pure element carries the power of Yin. She is elegant, beautiful, and legendary in a fight. While her companion of brutish decent is born of her opposing element. Strong, bold, and relentless for his own. They use their opposite power in harmony to travel the world and saves it's people from the darkness and it's forces. The woman holds the strict and powerful waves of a thousand lakes, while the dragon masters the ability of fire that burns like a thousand suns. In their greatest battle, the two will become one, and remove all evil from the world."

He recited the words of the legend like that back of his hand, so easily. Soon he came over to the edge of the lake, next to Aqua and stood beside her. Desmond turned his gaze upon her, looking at her as she gazed at Rez lake. Then without hesitation, he asked her something she probably would not answer.

"Aqua... Are you a goddess?"

Aqua listened to Desmond as he retold her the stories of the ancient legend. She knew the story like the back of her hand as well as he did, but it was nice to hear it from another person, especially the one and only Golden Dragon himself. By the way the muscles tensed and loosened in his face, she could tell he was chewing the thought over in his head, trying to get a good enough taste for it in his mouth in order to accept the fate. There was obviously too much evidence against him for him to refuse being the Golden Dragon, Yan, but still, it was a lot to bear on his shoulder. Even though the weight of taking in what she had just said was a lot for Desmond, he did not hesitate one bit when he asked her the question she already knew was coming.

Am I a Goddess...

The waters of Rez Lake were still just as they have always been. Compared to the many other lakes, Rez Lake happened to be the purest, the one where most terrorists would come all over the land just to get a sample of their healing powers that it supposedly possessed. Now, that same power was infused in her as she stood beside Desmond who was a good foot or more taller than her. She had to crane her neck back just to get a good glimpse at his facial features. Embarrassing as it was, Aqua did not let that show any sign of weakness or inferiority. Desmond may have been Yan, but whether or not Aqua was Yin, it did not matter. She was not going to let the giant reptile step over her.

Without answering, Aqua returned his gaze and locked eyes with him. Her lips had not moved a bit from the tight line it was in, even as she stared at him for who knew how long.

Reciting the legend opened up so many new questions for the two of them now. Questions that only the god new the answer to and what would take centuries for them to realize entirely. Desmond would first need to find out why he was never told of what he was. Aqua, would have to answer one question that her father would need to explain to her, seeing as he may be the only that might know the truth about her. But for some reason Desmond knew Pien was different from Aqua by more than just element. Her Aura was eminatting stronger than Pien's, his appearance of age didn't match Aqua's, and their blood smelled... odd to each other.

Then Desmond saw her gaze as she looked at him. No words, no sign of speaking, just a look of cunfusion. It seemed the question was choking her emotions to speak, making her brain ponder so much to think about. Was their somethng she didn't know about her origin? If so, why did Pien keep it from her? These were the questions that Desmond couldn't help but wonder if that's what ran through Aqua's mind. The poor girl... He started to feel bewitched inside because her look. Her azure eyes showing something of sorrow in them. Then it came to him from his flashback at the lake, when her villagers greeted them. Kraytin knew something about Aqua, which must have provoked him to try and kill her at an early age. Kraytin might have suspected of Aqua being Yin and tried to kill her. Pien was a survivor when Kraytin attacked, so he had the answers.

But before Desmond would think of running off, he considered something else for the moment. He placed his hand on Aqua's shoulder and looked into her eyes with a confident glow in his. He wasn't one for consolling, but he would try as best he could. "It's ok. I guess i'm not the only one who needs answers..." he said to her silently. "You helped me, now I'll return the favor."

He then removed his hand from her shoulder and slowly started walking back to the village. Feeling the weight of Dislocation: Yin Yan's Attachment, already baring a path before them.

His response wasn't what she had in mind. In fact, she had wanted him to burst out laughing and call her an idiot for not knowing whether she was the water Goddess from the tales or no. She wanted him to make her feel inferior to him just because he was the Golden Dragon, to tell her that she was nothing compared to him and what he could do. If only he had said one of those things, Aqua would have quickly engaged him into a fight. That was the only action Aqua could show Desmond without the situation getting completely out of control and awkward. When she was sending waves of water through his flames, that was a way of communication between them. There were sentences that need not be spoken aloud and were even words that the flames and water spoke for themselves. When the two of them were talking, like then, things got awkward.

He didn't lay a threatening finger on her, but he did lay a finger on her. A consoling one or as consoling as Yan was going to get. The tales of Yan were always dark, mysterious, and different. Whether purposefully different or purposefully different, he was a mad, enraged dragon and human as well. The only soft spot he had in that immaculate body of his was for Yin, for his Water Goddess was the only one he cared for. The only one he hated seeing hurt. The only one who could look into his eyes and pull him off into another world, wanting to share things with one another only their bodies could whisper.

It was clear Aqua was not Yin.

"I never asked for your help, dragon. I don't really care about the legend anyway. You're Yan and thats that. Now go find your Yin, but dont come to me thinking I'm her. I'm what...the first water mage you've ever met? Isn't that jumping to conclusions? Don't let me waste your precious time, Yan." She spat the word out at him, fighting to keep her glare away from him, snapping her head to the opposite side of him and sending the ground her angry glare instead.

From the distance he could hear Aqua's thoughts, and he couldn't believe what he was hearing. At first he thought he was crazy, but came to terms with it quickly. It made him think of what he said and done through this entire travel. Where was his rage, what had become of it? From hearing her words and how she so roughly called him Yan, it resurfaced as he stopped in his tracks. With a slick grin to his right cheek and his claws equipped, he turned to her and squinted his sharpened red eyes.

Within a split second of his glare, Desmond appeared behind her with his claws at her throat. Ready to slash and bore if needed.

"Don't let kind words deceive you, Human." he said with not a change in his grin. If there was one thing dragons were known for, it was tactics in battle. This time there was no one to stop the fight, nothing to interupt them. Just him and Aqua ready to square off once again and settle their last battle. When Desmond thought back to how the first fight ended, it almost tickled him how she went down. But she was different then. Now she held a new power inside of her that may pose a challenge for Desmond..

"You can keep your damn legends and stories! I just want an opponent that can keep up!" he growled at her with his flames exposing from his teeth. Finally, the Desmond from the start had returned from his state of confusion and slumber.

"Now, keep up!" he said as he tossed her over towards the lake.

And, as if they never skipped a beat, Desmond and Aqua were back at each other's throats again. The need to fight had blazed and splashed inside the pit of both of their stomachs, blazing and swirling as if they had closed it in for a while. In all actuality, they had. They had conversations, went to a festival, ate, and even found out that one of them was a legendary tyrant all in one day. The sentiments were starting to get into her head, changing her mindset to think that he was actually capable of something other than pissing her off. Turns out, he was just the same, stupid, idiotic, no good, dirty, rotten, excuse of a dragon. Aqua was instantly threatened when the claws latched at her cheek, but she wasn't dumb enough to move and practically scratch herself.

"And I never asked for your sorry excuses for 'kind words', dragon."she snapped back, unafraid in the least. Desmond's words had long since died out from their previous tenacity. She had saw his soft side at the festival, as minuscule as it was, so she knew that he was not all scales and fire all the time, but something else. Something capable of being good if he didn't push her buttons so bad. Aqua was prepared to be tossed before he even got time to form the next words that left his mouth. Like the idiot she assumed he was, he tossed her into Rez Lake...putting her right in her element.

Stupid Dragon...she thought before having her body splash into the crystal cold waters of Rez Lake. Simultaneously, the blue in her eyes and the crystal in her hair glared from beneath the blackish-clear water, and Aqua felt a sudden rush of power in her. Her eyes remained opened as she stared at the two colors of her hair. Suddenly, without warning, a cold and depressing feeling washed over her, bodacity completely gone from her as she floated downwards in the lake.

What's the point...? He's Yan. He's gonna kill me anyway. Why not...just let him do it...I have no will to live anyway. Kraytin is probably long gone from Yuol. I just...I...

Aqua did nothing but float downwards, facing the surface of the water while the cyan blue light burned in her eyes and crystal, planning on drowning...drowning...

He readied himself for Aqua's power, whatever she would dish out. It made his viens pulsade with anxiety for a brand new fight. One that would last longer this time; seeing as Aqua had new power lying within. Desmond's eyes switched back and forth between her hair and jewel. He was ready for her to fight but then his feeling went away.Where to, he did not know. Then Aqua suddenly powered down and started floating to them bottom. He curved his eyebrows and squinted at her in curiosity.

What is she doing? He thought to himself as he watched her deepen into the water. Did he defeat her with a single throw? Was she suffering late reaction? Of course not, Aqua seemed to stubborn to simply give in to an opponent. She knew it and so did Desmond. The blackish water of Rez Lake slowly engulfed Aqua as he finally realized; she was going to drown herself. Without a moments thought of his weakness to water Desmond dove in after her. His body felt painful shocks running through his body as he swam deeper after her. Sparks began swirling his body as he would keep on his present path. Aqua had be half way down the lake by now, but it wasn't impossible. Desmond endured and grabbed Aqua by her arm, covering her mouth and waking her up. The light of her eyes were alive so he knew she was breathing, but Desmond's effect to water had drained him.

For now he acted out of desperation and started spinning her around in a circle. He was going to launch her back to the surface with whatever strength he had left. And if he could muster up something, maybe even swim back to the top to finish their fight. The momentum finally reached it's point and Desmond slung her to the surface, and out of the water to shore. Quickly after he threw her, Desmond swam and tried to find his way to the top, but only made it so far. The pain from the water burning him weakend his body leaving nothing left. His eyes closed shut as he let out a scream of terror muffled by the water. And then his body became lifeless.... And he started floating down...

Born by water, killed by water. It was a balance. A balance just like Yin and Yan were. An ever, ongoing balance of life and death that was lodged into her soul the very moment she breathed her first day of life. Ever since the moment she rolled around a water ball on her small, child like fingers, and hour before her mother was killed in front of her very face, having her and her father do nothing but to watch in fear. Why was she so afraid back then? Seeing a woman die like that. Now, as she floated farther and father to her death, she didn't see why she was so afraid of it before when she was young. Death was coming to her in a quick and painless motion. The only hard thing was that her throat screamed for the blessing of air. An air that would never come.

Or so she thought.

Moments before Aqua willed her lungs to give up the struggle of breathing in crisp oxygen, something hard and rough yanked her arm while the same item clamped over her mouth, making the promise for lack of air all the more probable. Aqua had no idea what was going on but without the will to fight, there was nothing she could do but let it happen. She had to let her life play out the way it was meant to. Whether the arm was a threat or a friendly gesture, Aqua was literately powerless against struggling against it. She had a pretty fine idea about who had grabbed her, but her bones did nothing to retaliate. There was no recoil. Nothing but a slingshot feeling of her entire body, racing in a backwards pattern back to the surface.

Aqua feebly opened her blue eyes to see smudges of red in her blurred and disoriented vision, clear enough to confirm that it was indeed Desmond who had slung her body wildly back through the waters of Rez Lake. Time played tricks on her body, slowing down to give her time to think about her next move. However, Aqua was two steps ahead of time. Light still glinting behind her hair and eyes, Aqua lifted a tiny finger before...
[GLOW=cyan]
"Idiot."
[/GLOW]

SPPPLLLAAASSSSH! In a single crook of her finger, the water enveloped around the man twisted and contorted, yanking him into the water's arms and slinging him from the debts just like her body. As a result, the two of them slammed against the bed of Rez Lake, Aqua coughing manically. She wanted to open her mouth and tear him apart verbally, but she didn't even get passed one inhale before her lower body sprawled on the ground, passed out from exhaustion in the dead of the night, body slumped over Desmond's chest.

His eye sight had gone dark, pitch black like the soft coat of the night sky. Slowly the crimson glow of his eyes eased away from his head, his body became heavier, his limbs numb, he was feeling the slow embrace of death; just like Aqua before him. And yet it felt so cold and so trapping til it left Desmond confused as he died. He remembered how she looked at him right before she tried to end it all, the glare of all lost hope. He'd seen that look before from previous enemies Desmond had slain. But they were weak in will and mind; what had she thought to make her give in to death so easily? Giving in was for cowards! Men and women who make themselves believe they are weak and give in without a fight. Desmond was always someone willing to fight for what he wanted. For he believed: If a man is not willing to fight for what he believed in, then he is not fit to live. Desmond believed in battle, a good fight, and Aqua was the only one he believed could take him on. And now with the hands of death crushing his lungs and clenching his throat, the fight would never come.

But no prophecy can be stopped so easily, let alone at all.

His vision couldn't see anything but darkness beneath the water, but his ears could hear everything around him. Desmond heard loud twist and turns of the water around him. His body soon started being lifted at a rapid pace, his lungs relieved of pressure, and his color slowly returned. Then SPPPLLLAAASSSHH! He was lifted back to the surface from a power he obviously knew too well. Aqua.. Just like he saved her, she saved him, but why? With a hard thud against the ground, Desmond's back landed beside Aqua. Looking up at her he could see she was exhausted and weary from almost drowning, as well as saving him. He let out a few rough coughs of water and sat up slightly on his left forearm.He was expecting a few insults to come his way, but she past out on to his chest. Desmond wasn't too far from doing the same, but he endured with whatever strength he had left. Which was very minuscule..

"You're an idiot..."

He said quietly, then his body gave out and once again was losing his eye sight. Before he fell into a slight slumber the moderate thump of small feet pattered the ground. He couldn't make out what appeared from the trail, but then the small patter was followed by louder stomps. Then he finally passed out, with his arm around Aqua.

"Is this the one he said he wanted?"

"I don't know. He wasn't really descriptive. Just said long blue hair and could bend water to her will."

"Well she bent the hell out of that water, but the hair color..."

"I don't know. He'd be pretty mad if we brought in the wrong one."

"Yeah, and who just who is that guy with her? He belong in Yuol?"

"I don't know. He has red hair and ain't no Yuolian ever had red hair before."

"Do you know anything? Look, let's take 'em both. There's no harm in trying."

The voices of the two men were unfamiliar and their identities were as well. If one were standing by watching, one would be able to say that they were nothing but voices, not even humans themselves. There was a darkness that surrounded both Aqua and Desmond, out cold due to their weakness. However, even though footsteps could be heard, they could not be seen. Aquas wet and drenching bi-shaded hair dripped across Desmond's chest. His face was dripping with water as well, but not one single movement from either one of them when two pillars of smoke appeared on both sides of them

In Desmond's state of unconsious mind, he started seeing flashes of his vision. They appeared in fragments, then in wholes, and then they disappeared. Now all he could see was shadows and listen to the dim sound of his heart beat. If he could determin it's condition, he'd say it was hanging on by a thread. But even being weakened against water; Rez Lake was known for having a slight healing ability. It worked minorly on Desmond ad revived only enough of his senses to keep him alert.

He could hear things, voices really, and see blurry pictures of shadow beside them, but he couldn't smell them. He trusted his nose more than anything so whether the figures were real or not was lost. His hearing could only make out a few words from the voices: Take 'em both. Hearing that lead him to know that they were not friendly. If he had the strength he would stand and fight, but he didn't have enough yet. His strength would require more time or at least more heat to restore him. Desmond twitched his left arm a bit and tried to sit up; he wasn't going down without a fight.

"Hey, look at this one. He's trying to get up!"

"Well don't just stand there, put him back to sleep you jellyfish!"

And just as quickly as the figure said it, a hard hit was dealt to Desmond's head. Knocking him back out cold once again and sprawled against the ground. Unconsious, he started thinking his thoughts of what he just heard. Where are they being taken, what do they want with them, and why? All he knew now was the pain from a previous blow and the feeling of being lifted onto a cart.

But in the bushes, a witness watched them. The source of the small patters Desmond heard earlier was the small Youlian girl. She was hiding behind a tree and watched them be taken away. She waisted no time and ran back to the village, she knew only one person could help them now, the strongest of the smoke benders: Master Pien.

Rez Lake and Aqua went hand in hand. And why not? The same powers infused in the lake were also infused into her. Drowning would have killed her, true, but being in Rez Lake for so long gave her more strength than she gave it granted for. True, her body did give out finally over the span of time and weakness of nearly killing herself. No more than 3 minutes passed, however, than Aqua's mind woke back up, head swimming in what may have been left over water from the lake or just plain disorientation. The first thing she felt was a large mound under her, heaving up and down in a breathing pattern:a body. One that was either sleeping or unconscious. Her first and foremost conclusion was Desmond, but when she went to open the lids of her eyes slowly to confirm it, she heard two voices followed by a heavy, wisp of smoke, picking both she and the person under her. Aqua remained still, eyes closed, and, seemingly to the eye, unconscious.

"How much he said she go for?"

"Nah, he didn't say. He just said how much we would get if we brought her."

"Mannnn, I hope this is her!"

The voices did not sound familiar to her in the least, but the smoke was enough to give the tip off that the two were Yuolian men, maybe somewhere in their late 20s. By the way they were talking, and how they used their smoke to carry both she and the other body off to who knew where. By the way they kept saying 'her' Aqua could already piece two and two together: Kraytin had finally found her.

His eyes started opening again, slowly into what was more of a fade than vision. What he could distribute first from the blurry sight was a path of trees at his side. The weight of Aqua was no longer upon him and he felt like he was floating. But he wasn't in dragon form. No, it was smoke that brought him off the ground, and the users haven't seem to notice his second awakening again. This was pretty much the best time for Desmond to take action; but who was to say he was at full strength yet? His vision soon returned to him slowly and gave him the perfect sighting of where he and Aqua were stolen to. They had be brought to what seemed like a hidden patch in the forest, a check point. Then they came to a stop and were sat onto the ground, more like dropped.

Desmond's right ear had landed on the ground, so he could hear what was near. In the area was about a village's worth of people. About ranging in the hundreds. He kept his eyes closed to lessen suspicion, the voices around them soon turned to whispers. The ground made small vibrations; alerting Desmond to know that they had now been surrounded. Apparently nobody knew of who he was, but they knew Aqua very well. Too well almost.

"We found this girl around Rez Lake."

"Yeah yeah, and this guy was with her.."

"Good job, boys... You actually did something right.."

The last voice sounded tainted, sinister almost, and somewhat familiar. He heard the sound from his vision at Rez Lake, when attacked by Aqua's people. It sited through his memory like a snake in a maze. The answer was there, but he wasn't going to believe it. Kraytin.. The murderer of Aqua's mother.. The bane of her anger... Found them.

"Yes.. You've found them both..."