Discussion in the IC&D Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unsun

Original poster
Curious as to what the main purpose of the discussion prefix in the interest checking & discussion forum entails. I had a compelling thought as to what the prefix is used for but there have been some complications as to what the true intentions of its usage is.

• Love
Reactions: SamIO
Y'know, I've wondered about that myself but never bothered to ask the question. It seems like whatever it's intended for, it may be redundant since the Roleplay Institute has a Class Discussion section.

Looking at what the active threads with that prefix, it seems 2 of them are just normal interest checks, 2 are something along the lines of "I want to make a roleplay but I don't have any good ideas yet," and 2 are asking questions rather than proposing a roleplay. The first pair should have had the interest check prefix, the second pair should have had the group RP plotting prefix, and the last pair seems like they could have fit into the Class Discussion area too.

Maybe it's sort of a holdover from back before the Class Discussion area was created? If it serves some totally separate purpose, I fail to see it and am left confused. I am clearly not the only one who doesn't understand what that prefix is for, given the odd spread of threads using it currently.

The Discussion tag in Interest Checks is probably an out dated remnant from when it used to be Roleplay Talk. O_O We went ahead and removed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.