Discussing Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. I really despise how games these days have turned out to be mindless cash cows focused purely on competitive play rather than substance.

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
Anor+londo+a+magical+place+this+is+obviously+not+made_c79467_4534026.png

Yes. Tis quite a fisting machine of fun and frustration, that game.

I don't think a Souls RP would work because people are generally too bad to make such delicate stuff work without tainting the original. Also most of Souls "lore" is conversed through attached lore pieces to equipment and so on.

Thus the reason I never RP in things that are already canon.

We could always be fucking lazy and straight rip out the classes/stats/and souls required per level from the game itself. A simple guide would list all of these things.
That's the easy route, and it could work.
But creating our own system would also allow for more flexibility and creativeness in the RP.

That's the easy route, and it could work.
But creating our own system would also allow for more flexibility and creativeness in the RP.
Regardless I'll be playing as one of two ways...a mage (which is how I beat DS), or as a troll and just screw around for comedic effect.

Both me and @Brovo both run campaigns on this premise (The Tabletop-lite, unforgiving world kind) so it can most certeinly be done. You just have to have the will to actually go trough with it, and the players that can accept that they will die sooner or later.

For mechanichs, I feel ripping it straight off would impede the benefits a forum rp give you. You'll want to keep the mechanics intuitive and light. I suggest instead of giving people a class they have to adhear to, they essentially create their own custom class using feats/traits and attributes. It is what I have seen work the best so far. And let people add more and upgrade existing ones as they progress.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Here's my idea of the setting, tell me if you think it sounds Souls enough to you.

Modern day, apocalyptic. 13 stars fell from the sky, destroying much of Earth. 13 beings emerged from the stars, and began their rule over the blasted land. Their influence has changed the land, making the world look much different from the world of old.

You are a scavenger, abandoned by his group in an effort to save themselves. You fell in a deep crater, and encounter one of the star beings. He calls himself Ophiuchus, the Snake Handler. He gives you a mighty task. Kill the other star creatures, and you will be rewarded by being returned to the world before the stars fell. Refuse, however, and you will be eaten by the snake, and digested for all eternity.

With no other option, you accept, and are given an artifact which makes tools and weapons from stars, collected from the supernatural creatures.
You are cursed, however, with a snake which resurrects you when you die, though you must return to where you were, and collect the stars, or lose them forever. Also, the more you die, the more constructed you become, and the more resources are leeched from you to the snake.

This can only be cured by killing a star being or something legendary, or bribing it with your experience, which proves yourself to the snake, who proceeds to deconstrict itself, letting you have access to resources once again.

Modern day, apocalyptic. 13 stars fell from the sky, destroying much of Earth.

In all seriousness though, to make sure I'm understanding right.
Instead of collecting souls and humanity, we are connecting star energy from creatures created from the star's?

Yes. The bosses and monsters are based off of the Zodiac and other constellations, so that is why stars are the currency, instead of souls or Blood Echoes.

Here's my idea of the setting, tell me if you think it sounds Souls enough to you.

Modern day, apocalyptic. 13 stars fell from the sky, destroying much of Earth. 13 beings emerged from the stars, and began their rule over the blasted land. Their influence has changed the land, making the world look much different from the world of old.

You are a scavenger, abandoned by his group in an effort to save themselves. You fell in a deep crater, and encounter one of the star beings. He calls himself Ophiuchus, the Snake Handler. He gives you a mighty task. Kill the other star creatures, and you will be rewarded by being returned to the world before the stars fell. Refuse, however, and you will be eaten by the snake, and digested for all eternity.

With no other option, you accept, and are given an artifact which makes tools and weapons from stars, collected from the supernatural creatures.
You are cursed, however, with a snake which resurrects you when you die, though you must return to where you were, and collect the stars, or lose them forever. Also, the more you die, the more constructed you become, and the more resources are leeched from you to the snake.

This can only be cured by killing a star being or something legendary, or bribing it with your experience, which proves yourself to the snake, who proceeds to deconstrict itself, letting you have access to resources once again.
I'd like to hear what you think of this setting before I make it final and get a game set up. Does this sound good to you, or is there anything I could change?

Yes. The bosses and monsters are based off of the Zodiac and other constellations, so that is why stars are the currency, instead of souls or Blood Echoes.
So we're adding astrology into it as well lore wise?
That can help spawn some plot hooks. :3

I'm good with this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.