1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Genres
romance. angst. drama. modern. fantasy. supernatural. adventure. crime. period pieces.

D I S C O R D I A

You've heard of Neverland, Wonderland, and Oz. But have you heard of Discordia? A far away land existing outside of the realm which we live in. Magical, wondrous, surreal, breathtaking, these words and many more could be used to describe it, but it would never be enough. Discordia. Discordia is in one word ineffable. A place of beauty and wonder with more friendly faces than mean ones. A place where mythical creatures, humans, and creatures you've never even heard of alike live. A place where the impossible is very much impossible.

Yet, the awesome world where the creatures lived side by side in the nature of their is no more. No, not since the lord Cosmo overthrew the royal family and sat upon the throne. All peace was lost, all freedom and all hope. He cast the world into darkness and … discord.

Characters

no-lightbox
MaryBelle GoldLove aka Marygold

The only Tier faerie not caught by the king. She is the greatest thief throughout all of Discordia. She likes soda, squid, unicorns, sparkles and especially fire. Anything that has to do with fire.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
no-lightbox

MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED. STAY TUNED.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Prologue

Once upon a time, in the land Discordia, lived the little people, little monsters. They were small human-like creatures with animal features. They lived deep in the forest, far off from civilization as they mostly kept to themselves and feared being seen by the bigger creatures. They were called Tier Faeries, Tifae for short.

To outsiders, they were, ironically, the stuff of myths. Fairy Tales. Few knew the truth, their existence, as they lived in harmony in a hidden and tiny village. But they were happy this way, hidden from the bigger creatures.

That was until King Cosmo's rule came about. He sought out the Tifae and snatched them away for his own purposes. No one was allowed to see or have them but him. They were all within his grasp.
Or so he thought.

---
"One star berry, two star berry, three star berry … " Counted a small girl. A titch girl. A girl you could hold in your hand like a doll, though very squishable, unlike a doll. Yet, all that could be seen of her was her was her small kicking legs as the other part of her body was within a small purple pouch though was huge to her. She was too busy happily counting her payment after doing one hard job. "And one luscious and beautiful FIRE BERRY!" She squealed, hopping back onto her two feet carrying a red berry half her size.

"You should know these weren't easy to find," grumbled a voice, her partner, a girl named Joy. Or, at least that was the alias she went by.

The tiny girl holding the Fire Berry snorted. "Nor was stealing that noble man's precious magical amulet, but hey, I did it!" She chuckled, a little too confident and all too arrogant as she leaned her tiny back against the back of the driver's seat. "Because I am, after all, the great cat thief! Marygold!"

Currently, the two girls were riding in the front of their traveling wagon. Joy was driving, obviously, as Marygold was way too tiny to do so. The two girls were, in fact, Master thieves, or at least, the small one was. Marybelle Goldlove was probably the best thief in all of Discordia, however, none knew her face but Joy. The girl was her ambassador of the sorts, her medium. Through her, Marygold spoke to her clients and employers. Joy found them jobs, and Marygold executed them with ease. She also made the demands and divided their shares. They were the perfect partners, but not the perfect friends. No, they weren't friends, it was all just business and their contract was coming to an end very soon.

"Ha, what do you plan on using all those Berries for anyway?" Joy asked the girl, taking a fleeting glance at her.

Margold giggled, hugging the fiery red berry to her face. "That's a secret. But it will help me when I go look for them as soon as the contract is over."

At the mention of the contract ending between them, Joy seemed visibly annoyed, as her jaw clenched. But any signs of her irritation was gone in an instant and was instead replaced with a mocking smile. "Don't tell me you still plan on looking for them, the Tier Faeries?" She snorted, "I know you're one and all, but if the King finds you're a goner."

The small girl was, in fact, a Tifae, her cat ears were hidden beneath her hat while her tail wrapped around her waist like a belt hidden beneath her striped short. She was delightful looking even without their visibility. And even underneath her hat, those feline ears of hers flattened as her face scrunched up, clearly showing how vexed she was by Joy's little joking comment. "I don't care. I'll find them, I have to." sighed Marygold, laying her cheek against her berry.

What followed after was silence.

Finally, Mary spoke again, this time relaxing more and even smiling. "So, where are we heading next?"

"A town called Greene Mill, we're close now," Joy answered, though, her voice seemed far off. " It's a friendly little town, however, I heard they're being terrorized by demon fox."

"Oh, really?! That's awful! What does it do to -"

"Mary," Joy intervened, suddenly stopping the wagon in the middle of the woods. To her side, Mary stood up to see a deep ditch that not even a normal size human could climb out of. It might as well have been a cliff from her standing view. And something about was so foreboding, but she couldn't decide what. Nor did she try. Her dark orbs wandered back over to Joy whose face was no longer smiling.

"Joy?"

"Do you really want to break our contract?" Her voice was barely audible, "are you really going to stop being the great cat thief to look for people who might not even be alive."

Blinking her eyes, Mary snorted. "Joy, we have already talked about this a million times. Yes, I am! Now let's go, this place is giving me creepy feelings." she shivered, once again hugging her Fire Berry close as if it would warm her up. And being the Fire Berry it was, it did just that.

"I see," Joy exhaled, "then I am very sorry."

"Sorry for wha - what are you doing!" Mary screamed when Joy picked her up with one hand, raising her high in the air. "JOY! Put me DOWN!"

"This is goodbye."

And just like that, she hurled the Tifae into the deep ditch all while the little cat creature screamed. "JOOOOY YOU BIIII-" just before her head hit the ground first, knocking her out cold.

Woo okay xD this is just a story I started on while bored in class. It's bound to have plenty mistakes but it's just supposed to be fun to write because I'm writing it about me and friends :D

Chapter 1

A Fox - I Mean 'Gami - Named Spek

When Mary regained consciousness it was to the sound of hooting of a night owl. It stirred her from the deep sleep from which fell in, but once she had managed to peel open her eyes a headache came next, almost making her wish she could go back to sleep. With the pain she was feeling in her head, that was just a pipe dream, not to mention the cold of the night. She whined as, holding her head in her hands as she stood up. A wave of dizziness hit her and she nearly fell on her bottom, but small she may be, she was also very strong. So, she bore with the pain and with the cold and drunk in her surroundings.

From what Mary could tell in the dark, she was still in the forest and unfortunately in the ditch that Joy launched her into. Joy. That traitorous mean and awful human. The mere memory of her caused the Tifae to huff and stomp her foot. "Ooh, if I ever meet that girl again she's dead meat!" She screamed, clenching her tiny fist against her head all while she continued her huffing and puffing. Really, she looked nearly ready to fall out and throw a tantrum.

"Wait." Mary paused, dropping her fist to her sides. "Where is my Fire Berry!" If her memory served her right, she had still been holding onto it when she had been tossed into the pit.

"Do you mean this?" Growled a voice.

Slowly, very slowly, Mary turned around to see glowing green eyes in the dark, staring directly at her. Too scared to move, she remained frozen in place as the figure walked out the dark revealing itself to be a fox. Needless to say, he was huge compared to the little Tier Faere. Licking his lips, he smirked, making her eyes go wide, but her gaze caught the glint in his paw. He had her Fire Berry!

Whatever fear she had was gone almost as quickly as it had taken her over. "That's mine! Give it back you dumb ol' fox!"

The fox was clearly surprised by her bravery, or was it stupidity? As soon as he got over his shock, he just chuckled. "This, huh?" He rolled the berry over in his hands, watching as Mary's eyes followed it's every movement, her tail had started wiggling as well, unbeknownst to her, nor did she realize yet that she had lost her hat in the fall. Her cat features were very out and in the open. Having enough fun playing with her, the fox finally tossed the berry into the air and caught it with his mouth.

Mary gaped.

The fox swallowed.

Shock, despair, anger were the only feelings that she could feel in that moment. Her eyes began to brimmed with tears as her fist shook, her tail fell, her ears flattened, her cheeks reddened. "You …" she grumbled, "you dumb fox!" She broke down into tears. "That was my berry, mine! Mine! Mine! You weren't supposed to eat it! You idiot!"

"Hey, if it makes you feel any better, you'll be joining it soon." He told her as if it was the most casual thing in the world.

Again, she froze. "Wh- what!? You're going to eat ME?! Why would you want to do that …" She backed up but ended up tripping and falling onto her bottom. Subconsciously, she grabbed her tail and sniffled.

"Don't you know who I am? I'm Spekkun! The demon that terrorizes villages and I eat cats, cats like yourself." Spekkun once again licked his lips, slowly approaching her.

"That … that's just evil, you can't eat cats, you're evil!"

"I am what I am, because I am."

"What?"

Spekkun didn't bother to explain his words as he scooped her up by hooking a single claw into the back of her striped shirt and lifting her into the air.

"Wait! You can't do this! I'm not even a cat!"

"You kind of look like one, that's good enough for me."

"I'm not as big as a cat! I won't fill you up!"

"That's alright, this is just a midnight snack!"

"Fine! FINE! Boil me, fry me, do what you want!"

"Nah, I'll just eat you raw."

"Why are you this way?" mumbled the girl as she hung over his open mouth, revealing all of his sharp and deadly teeth.

"Do you really want to know," he asked, sounding wistful all of a sudden.

"No. Not really."

"Well, since you're begging I guess I can't leave you hanging." He said setting her back down. Mary blinked her eyes and looked up at the fox who sat back on his hind legs. "You see, I wasn't always this way, terrorizing villages, eating cats, smashing windows. Okay, that's not true But! I did not eat cats before. I have Nekomata friend you see, though, I haven't seen her since Cosmo became king."

Mary bit back her tongue from saying how she was sure that his Neko friend would be disappointed in the person he became today. Instead, she sweetly asked."So what happened?"

"Exactly that. Cosmo became king." He growled the name, more than a little upset when mentioning the king. "I used to thrive on Skittles. But that butt Cosmo took them all away and only produces Skittles in his factory and no one but nobles are able to have them!"

"Oh," Mary hummed, she had only heard about the powers and life that Skittles gave. After all, as Spekkun had said, only one factory produced them anymore and they were strictly for noble families. Not low creatures like themselves.

"I'm actually not some fox, I'm a Gami. A Specugami!" Spek proudly puffed up his chest. He soon deflated. "But I've lost so much of power since I lost my Skittles. So, now I eat cats to stay alive. They also kind of taste good."

Clasping her hands together, Mary shook her head. "That's horrible!" Certain that if she sympathized with the fox - er - Specugami, he'd set her free.

"Yeah," he sighed, "I'm just going to eat you now." And just like that, her plan failed as he picked her once again, lowering her to his mouth.

"Wait! Wait! WAIT, SPEK!" She screamed and wriggled. "What if I got you Skittles! No, no, I can get you Skittles!"

The word "Skittles" caught his attention making him pause when he was ready to clamp his teeth down on her flesh. Steadily, he pulled her away and looked her in the face. "You can?" He asked, clearly doubtful, but he was listening.

"Yes! Yes! I can, I know I can!" Mary shouted, waving her little arms, exaggerating her point.

Snorting, Spek shook his head in disbelief. "How could you? No one can get into that factory, trust me, I've tried."

"Well, I'm not no one. I'm Margold! The cat thief!" Mary smirked, jabbing a thumb into her chest.

"Who?"

"Well, if you really want to know my story - "

"Nah, I could care less. Now, do you really think you can get in there and get me Skittles?" He asked, narrowing his green fox eyes at her small figure.

"Yes! I'm certain! And if I don't you can just eat me. Therefore, you have nothing to lose."

Spek glared at her a little longer, looking for any sign of doubt, but Mary was nothing but confident. Very confident for someone who was screaming just a moment ago. In the end, he set her down and said. "Well, fine, but I'm going with you just to make sure you won't run away and the job gets done."

"Good! This will be my biggest heist yet! Me and you are going to need all the help we can get."

"Well, before we make the journey, I'm going to barbecue a cat for the road."

Last edited: