1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Modern Fantasy, Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural, Sci-Fi and maybe a bit of Modern
So. My friends and I are all super big fans of Iwaku and have been on here for a while. We'veWe've a part of group role-plays on here and all done our fair share of one-on-ones.

That said, we want to host our own group role-play. A friend of mine suggested we can use discord since we can have a multitude of organized channels and such that people can refer to.

Here's my question.
When we advertise and make a banner and such, would we advertise in the off-site area or would we advertise in the redstar (we're mainly looking for an 18+ group) area?

For Discord servers without a focus on redstar themes, we have allowed advertisements in the off-site advertisements. However, Discord has no age barriers (not even the "press this button to say you're an adult" that some sites have) and as such, it's been the admin decision in the past to not tacitly endorse redstar-themed Discord servers via allowing advertisements since the offsite ads is visible to all members and doesn't have protections against minors and adults engaging in sexually oriented discourse with one another.

So in a nutshell, I'm sorry to say we don't allow offsite redstar (or bluestar, for that matter) advertisements without some age protection (which Discord lacks)*.

(*Edited a smidge for clarity)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alrighty. Well. Thank you Kitti.
I'm rather miffed at the result, but I can understand why such policies are in place. Thank you for your time. :)

Reactions: Kitti