Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Superheroics, Slice-of-Life, Anime, a fair deal of fandom...
K77kwUD.png

This is a multiverse-fandom Roleplay with loose inspiration from dream-based segments of various series, or entire dream-based series themselves. Some of these inspirations have horror elements, and by extension, this RP will have such elements, but this RP itself isn't horror-themed. Although this is a side-story in the Murder Series, absolutely no prior knowledge is required. New chaps are welcome! If you're interested in the bigger picture and multiversal lore, check the Murder Series out, and maybe join in the fun in future.

11/01/2016 UPDATE: Our estimated time of initiation is sometime on 13/01/2016, within the GMT +08 timezone.

The Dreamscape, a place that held the dreams of all who thrived in every possible reality, percieved by those who have access to it as a meadow of clouds and swirls that hosted many doors, each door leading to the dream of an individual. It is an alternate dimension linked to the slumbering minds across other realms. It was once in balance, but one day, strange things happened, slowly but surely.

Imbalance, to be precise.

The number of nightmares started to outnumber the gentler, calmer dreams, at a rate more than alarming. However, that wasn't the problem. A good fraction of these nightmares were most odd - they had the ability to repaint memories, making those who have them believe that these nightmares are their true lives, and slowly, be pushed into a horrid slumber where they would be tortured in the World of Dreams forever.

In kinder words, the memories of these nightmare-induced victims have been miscoloured.

It is up to the Dreamscapers to deal with these ghoulish nightmares. Originally started by three founding members as what was supposed to be a temporarily alliance to bring balance to the increasing nightmares - Silence Dogood, Princess Luna and Nemurin - their numbers began to grow as the issues with the increasing nightmares got worse. Over time, these three guardians of dreams met other guardians of dreams.

In the past, they could do their similiar tasks individually. But as the threat increased, they discovered that teamwork was a must. The alliance grew from a trio to great faction - a faction out to bring balance back to the Dreamscape.

The Dreamscapers stand strong, and on this very day, they take rest in their headquarters(dubbed 'Nemurin's house' because that's what it is) while one of their three founding members, Nemurin, is away for a while...

VpTqZUI.png

"So... you're Nemurin? Don't make me laugh."

P659H0Z.png

1. The usual Iwaku rules apply here

2. Characters who fulfil the below-stated conditions are allowed, but if their abilities are deemed too broken, they will have to be nerfed.

3. This Roleplay is intended to move at a semi-fast pace, and may become overwhelming. That's why it is suggested that you form a group or join a group to be your posting partners. You must use the tagging system, so nobody misses your post.That way, it will be much easier for players.

4. Posting levels do not matter, but please ensure that your posts are at least one coherent sentence long.

5. Posting at least once per round/chapter please.

6. While characters from preestablished series will be prominent in this roleplayed and is preferred, original characters will be allowed.

7. Duos (playing two characters at once) are allowed, provided they have the conditions of knowing each other.

OoMdrOq.png

The character conditions that would be preferred are characters with abilities that have to do with dreams, primarily entering them. These characters would have to preferably be heroic in nature, or at the very least, not be too antagonistic or outright evil. If you intend to play an antagonistic character, do tell me about his or her motivations and I'll decide.

Sure, having these dream-related abilities as one of their side abilities certainly work. Any exceptions to the prior stated conditions will have to be recently-rescued individuals who have just escaped a supposedly-neverending nightmare and agree to help.

All player characters(except the above stated 'exceptions') will be members of 'The Dreamscapers'. Everyone will help though. The non-Dreamscapers to Dreamscapers ratio should be 1:5 at most. If there are too many 'exceptions', well...

For those who are here from the Murder Series, there are no established or distinct 'Roles' in this Roleplay.

Rt9aumt.png

The List of NPCs will continue to grow as the Roleplay Progresses.
[spoili]
Dreamscapers
These are some NPCs who have worked with your character in the Dreamscapers. You've known each other for a while

KEhG7lr.png

Silence Dogood; Original Character
A Guardian of Dreams
One of the three founding members of the Dreamscapers. Her speech and tone display anger and rudeness, but her actions mean well. She has a pair of familiars - a Baku named Benjamin & an Asabikeshiinh named Franklin. Of course, those aren't their real names.

VesnFEZ.png

Princess Luna; My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
The Princess of the Night
One of three founding members of the Dreamscapers. Back in her world, Equestria, she is one of two co-rulers. She tasks herself with teaching young ones how to deal with real-life problems that have been reflected in their dreams.

dtEw7E0.png

Nemurin; Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
Magical Girl of Dreams
One of three founding members of the Dreamscapers. Nemurin doesn't really share her past around here, which is natural since 'a magical girl never reveals her true identity'. Said to be a powerful being who has the Dreamscape at the back of her fingertips. At the start of the Roleplay, she is not present in headquarters, and has 'gone for a walk', as she puts it.
She was assigned the role of leader as the Dreamscapers started to grow beyond just 3 members, but her sleeping tendencies tend to suppress a good deal of any charisma she might have. Maybe these sleeping tendencies are precisely what makes her leader - for it makes her feel as one with the Dreamscape.
Maybe that's complete bull, maybe it isn't.

Others
You will meet these NPCs during the course of the Roleplay

Lm7VrRr.png

Snow White; Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
Magical Girl Hunter
One of Nemurin's good friends from what she called 'the old days'. What are the old days, you might ask? How am I supposed to know?

Q1uRDGD.png

Gran; Granblue Fantasy
Skyfarer of the Grancypher
More information will be revealed during this Roleplay. Don't want to spoil the story!

uTrxFfQ.png

Djeeta; Granblue Fantasy
Skyfarer of the Grancypher
More information will be revealed during this Roleplay. Don't want to spoil the story!
[/spoili]

CAzAVaR.png

(Insert Image Here)

Name:

Description:
(Feel free to put a written physical appearance here if you want)

Canon:
(What series is this character from?)

Personality:
(Well?)

History:
(What has your character done prior to this? A Wiki page could work. Also, include information about joining the Dreamscapers)

Abilities:
(Well?)

Weaponry:
(Well?)

Fears:
(Optional but recommended, preferably something that'd pop up in a nightmare.)

Respected Others:
(These could be their child, significant other, cherished sibling, best friend and the like. Optional but recommended. Provide information on them, like a Wiki Page or description. This information will be used later on.)

Other Information:
(Stuff that can't be put up there.)

JtdJhfH.png

@Minerva - Ariadne (Inception)

@Yun Lee - Doctor Fennel & Dream the Munna (Pokemon)

@Sumirenko - Doremy Sweet (Touhou)

@Takumi - Hiruko (Yumekui Kenbun)

@LuckycoolHawk9 - Holden Matthews (Beyond) & Leo Howard (OC)

@Mason Moretti - Jade Harley (Homestuck)

@Kaykay - Kriemhild Lebenstein (Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen Bansenjin)

@thatguyinthestore - Luigi (Super Mario Bros Series)

@york - Neo (The Matrix)

@Kaide` - Trahearne (Guild Wars 2)

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty - Sandman (Rise of the Guardians)

Last edited:
I'm resoluting to put a post out by today or tomorrow, aka my today or my tomorrow. If I do fail to perform the above promised task, I will at least put a post up for the group still within headquarters.

I have more freetime now, so I'm revving my gears. Sorry for taking so long.